3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghostbusters 4K, 3D combo pack is on sale at Walmart for $21.96 +tax w/ free shipping, cheapest current price anywhere. I made an order today and also got instawatch on VUDU already. I may double dip and go for the steelbook but this price was descent enough.

Got this beauty today, missed in theaters so we'll see how it goes.

Ghostbusters 4K, 3D combo pack is on sale at Walmart for $21.96 +tax w/ free shipping, cheapest current price anywhere. I made an order today and also got instawatch on VUDU already. I may double dip and go for the steelbook but this price was descent enough.

Ghostbusters went up to $22.96

Where'd you order Alice through the Looking Glass in 3D?

Thanks for the heads up but its yet again another sale that excludes Cars 3D. On another topic. I hate to double dip just for the 3d disc but I'm finding disc only copies of X-men Apocalypse and Warcraft are rare on ebay. Are there any other places people can recommend to get just the 3D disc since I have the steelbooks with 2D already?

There are deals to be found over on the bluray.com forums
You may also want to just hold out until Black Friday. The last couple years Walmart has had some great deals on 3D blu rays. Last year I double dipped on some 3D releases, kept the 3D discs and sold off the rest (2d disc, DVD and digital copy) and ended up pretty much breaking even

Thanks for the heads up but its yet again another sale that excludes Cars 3D. On another topic. I hate to double dip just for the 3d disc but I'm finding disc only copies of X-men Apocalypse and Warcraft are rare on ebay. Are there any other places people can recommend to get just the 3D disc since I have the steelbooks with 2D already?
Its due to pricing. Only the one interested in 3d are buying and keeping for them selves. Where a lot of the Disney/marvel 3d packages that were priced reasonable in combo packs from bestbuy steelbooks and forced none 3d people to get the disk just to get a steelbook. Those 3d disk are being sold all over the place

FYI, Jungle Book 3D is getting a US domestic release the same day as Force Awakens (11/15/16) according to new listings on target.com and bestbuy.com.

Interestingly enough the 3D versions of Jungle Book, Finding Dory, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens are all coming out on the same day.

Awesome! Glad I didn't bite on the 2D or an import.
In the original press release for the 2D they announced that the 3D would be coming later--no 3D fan should have.
On the other hand, the Alice press release never had this clause, so who knows if we're getting that one.

Interestingly enough the 3D versions of Jungle Book, Finding Dory, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens are all coming out on the same day.
Well, have two of those pre-ordered, so hopefully we'll see something for Jungle Book shortly, as we only have about 5 weeks before they all should release.

EDIT: Looks like here it is on BestBuy.com @ $34.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-jungle-book-3d-blu-ray-dvd-2016/5622471.p?skuId=5622471

Target @ $29.99:

http://www.target.com/p/the-jungle-book-3d-blu-ray-dvd-digital/-/A-51608860

Well, have two of those pre-ordered, so hopefully we'll see something for Jungle Book shortly, as we only have about 5 weeks before they all should release.

EDIT: Looks like here it is on BestBuy.com @ $34.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-jungle-book-3d-blu-ray-dvd-2016/5622471.p?skuId=5622471

Target @ $29.99:

http://www.target.com/p/the-jungle-book-3d-blu-ray-dvd-digital/-/A-51608860
I'm hoping for the slim chance of a Target preorder gift card, but I don't think that will happen. I'll probably just get it from whoever has the cheapest price.

Is the Vudu 3D as well?

Amazon has Iron Man 3 3D on sale for $19.96. Great deal considering these Disney 3D releases always sit at $35 - $40 regularly

Amazon has Iron Man 3 3D on sale for $19.96. Great deal considering these Disney 3D releases always sit at $35 - $40 regularly
It also comes with a DMR code that includes the Digital Copy, unlike the other releases. It also comes with a soundtrack MP3 download, like we had with Avengers 1 3D.

The 3D isn't really much to speak about, according to Blu-Ray.com:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Iron-Man-3-3D-Blu-ray/58221/#Review

I'm getting it for the digital copy more than the 3D.

Since this is the 3D movie thread. I'm wondering if anyone else in the boat, that I'm in. I currently have the Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma as my 3D tv. And Im starting to get the hankering to upgrade to something that's 4K HDR and 3D. Apparently, 3D is dead? and there are only two TV's that are 4K and 3D being manufactured: Sony X930D and LG UH8500. 

Does anyone here have any of these, or have a suggestion, or maybe in the same spot I am in? I would like to move towards 4K, but I've got a decent 3D collection, that I don't want to make useless.

Since this is the 3D movie thread. I'm wondering if anyone else in the boat, that I'm in. I currently have the Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma as my 3D tv. And Im starting to get the hankering to upgrade to something that's 4K HDR and 3D. Apparently, 3D is dead? and there are only two TV's that are 4K and 3D being manufactured: Sony X930D and LG UH8500.

Does anyone here have any of these, or have a suggestion, or maybe in the same spot I am in? I would like to move towards 4K, but I've got a decent 3D collection, that I don't want to make useless.
LG has other models that are 4K & 3D—I have the E6 and am really pleased by the 3D—looks so much better than my previous LG 1080p 3D TV. I believe LG supports both HDR-10 & Dolby Vision while Sony only supports Dolby Vision for 4K.

LG has other models that are 4K & 3D—I have the E6 and am really pleased by the 3D—looks so much better than my previous LG 1080p 3D TV. I believe LG supports both HDR-10 & Dolby Vision while Sony only supports Dolby Vision for 4K.
Man, how is that OLED? Were you an LED/LCD or Plasma before? I'm kinda on the fence on OLED, it's a bit outta my price range.

I got this one and am very happy with it. I believe it's the last 3d Samsung made. In case you're wondering it does have HDR. I did wan an oled but am waiting for the price to drop a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55JS8500-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00U5ZT5LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478131140&sr=8-1&keywords=js8500
I have the 48 inch of the same model. Love it too though I have a feeling the HDR won't be as good as newer models. You're right in that it's the last generation of regular 3D/4K sets. Only LG is left and they start at twice the price.

Man I didn't think about 3D going obsolete when I'm ready for a new TV. I have a 60" Samsung plasma, the last one they made I believe, and I'm going to be really sad if it ever breaks down.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Whelp, I walked into Best Buy this morning, and they had last years LG 4K LED the 65UF8500 for 1150. Was a no brainer for me at that price point. As, I'm not going to PS4 Pro or Scorpio anytime soon, so HDR is such a big deal for me. I really just wanted to be in the 4K realm with 3D. Price point was the predominant factor for me, so far I'm happy.

I was afraid that 3D would be going the way of the dodo too so i jumped on the Samsung UN65JU7500 which is 4k HDR and active 3D. It's simply stunning. It can still be had for around $1400 if you can find any in the wild. I paid $2400 and don't regret it a moment. That LG you got kinda sucks for gaming.

So briefly skimming the Black Friday ads, the only 3D BR deal I could find was Legend of Tarzan for $9.99 at Best Buy.  Are there any others I am missing?

So briefly skimming the Black Friday ads, the only 3D BR deal I could find was Legend of Tarzan for $9.99 at Best Buy. Are there any others I am missing?
If we're lucky, Walmart will have a glitch again. Last year, most of the 3d versions of the sale blu-rays were ringing up the sale price. I ended up with Mad Max 3d, the hobbit movies and a few others for cheap.

Does anyone else get a glitch in the opening scene of Star Trek Beyond? I've tried in on an XboxOne, a PS4 and a PS3, and it glitches out each time right as the alien starts getting mad.

Does anyone else get a glitch in the opening scene of Star Trek Beyond? I've tried in on an XboxOne, a PS4 and a PS3, and it glitches out each time right as the alien starts getting mad.
somethings wrong with that bluray. I also had some skips on the Zootopia 3D bluray. but i just skipped that scenes. Happened to 2 scenes in that movie. i didnt bother calling Target.

No problems here. Just checked the opening scene right now.

Is Amazon the best price so far for Star Wars: TFA in 3d?

Also needing to pick up Finding Dory in 3d. It was amazing in theaters. Upset there isn't a 4k disc coming out (fu Disney!) but whatever. They'll just release them in 4k in another year or two for another money grab :(

Is Amazon the best price so far for Star Wars: TFA in 3d?

Also needing to pick up Finding Dory in 3d. It was amazing in theaters. Upset there isn't a 4k disc coming out (fu Disney!) but whatever. They'll just release them in 4k in another year or two for another money grab :(
Target is still giving away a free $5 gift card with preorder of Finding Dory 3D. The purchase breaks down to $22.99 for the movie and $5 for the gift card since Target always lower the price of the movie by the amount of the gift card. Really doubt you will see a better price for the 3D version anytime soon.

http://www.target.com/p/finding-dory-3d-blu-ray-dvd-digital-hd-4-disc/-/A-51199350

Thanks for the input, trunks & Chris. Perhaps it is specific to certain players.
Im sure its the problem on the bluray itself. For my Zootopia, I tried on different players. PS3 and my PS4. Same issue. So it has to be the bluray problem. Go for an exchange and explain the problem.

^^^ As is Pacific Rim at the $9 they are selling it. It is a MUST OWN.

Shrike, is there anyone we can ask to get a 4K sticky thread? We have a 3D thread, a Blu thread... but 4K is here, and doing to start to dominate, especially after the holiday with all the One S and 4K tv's being bought. 

Thanks!

^^^ As is Pacific Rim at the $9 they are selling it. It is a MUST OWN.

Shrike, is there anyone we can ask to get a 4K sticky thread? We have a 3D thread, a Blu thread... but 4K is here, and doing to start to dominate, especially after the holiday with all the One S and 4K tv's being bought.

Thanks!
Have someone go make the thread. Best way to get a mod's attention would be to report the OP of the thread and ask them to sticky it.

Those of you with active shutter glasses, where do you guys get batteries?  I bought some on Amazon, and they last a little more than a movie before they are completely dead.  I'm wondering if they are counterfeit batteries, or maybe I should be taking the batteries out after watching a movie?  

bread's done
Back