3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='N027']Target has Drive Angry 3D for $6.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just picked it up.

Something makes me think it's just the regular blu though. I noticed the regular blu was on sale for $6.99 in store (and it looks like it's the regular online with the wrong picture). The 3d blu was still $28.24.

[quote name='KyleN']I think this is some Asian or direct-to-video film--not the recent film that was in theaters.[/QUOTE]

The one you're thinking of came out last month, and is title 3 Musketeers (number three, not spelled "Three"). With a release date of Feb 7, 2012, I'd believe this is the new high-budget Three Musketeers.

I think I'm going to walk over to Target and see if I can get them to PM the online price for Drive Angry, if it is really ringing up 28.xx in-store (or even available in-store)

[quote name='InvaderZim']Thanks, just picked it up.

Something makes me think it's just the regular blu though. I noticed the regular blu was on sale for $6.99 in store (and it looks like it's the regular online with the wrong picture). The 3d blu was still $28.24.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can confirm that they put up the wrong picture for the 2D version because I now have 3 copies of the "Special Edition" 2D Blu-ray instead of the 3D ones that I thought I had ordered. :( I guess it's time to return these babies to a Target store, but I'm going to call up customer service first...

[quote name='pjb16']Kung Fu Panda (not 2) 3D blu ray is supposed to be available exclusively at Best Buy on 12/6 for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

That's only the first one not the second one

[quote name='starmask2k3']That's only the first one not the second one[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what he wrote...

[quote name='pjb16']Kung Fu Panda (not 2) 3D blu ray is supposed to be available exclusively at Best Buy on 12/6 for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I suspect this may be the 2nd one and not the first. The web site lists it as Kung Fu Panda 2 and the cover art in the weekly ad and on-line matches the rest of the covert art for the second film, not the first.

Hmm--actually it's hard to tell--the cover art for both films looks similar. Though I don't see a 3D entry for the original on their web site.

[quote name='KyleN']I suspect this may be the 2nd one and not the first. The web site lists it as Kung Fu Panda 2 and the cover art in the weekly ad and on-line matches the rest of the covert art for the second film, not the first.

Hmm--actually it's hard to tell--the cover art for both films looks similar. Though I don't see a 3D entry for the original on their web site.[/QUOTE]

It's the first movie.
There already is a review and screenshots in the forums on Blu-Ray.com

That being said, I will wait for this.
I see a KFP1 & 2 3D bundle in the future.
Not spending $30 on it no matter how much I like the film.

[quote name='Zimmy']It's the first movie.
There already is a review and screenshots in the forums on Blu-Ray.com

That being said, I will wait for this.
I see a KFP1 & 2 3D bundle in the future.
Not spending $30 on it no matter how much I like the film.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really hate these ridiculously over-priced, no-competition exclusives. Was shocked they actually lowered the price of the Harry Potters--especially given the end of the year deadline that people have to buy them. If they had 1 & 2 has part of one of these 2 for $35 deals, I'd probably pick them up, but not at $30+ each.

Like the insane pricing on Shrek 1-4 at $30 each. So $120 for the complete set of 3D films with no extras versus the normal blu-ray box set for probably less than $40?! Glad I was able to find the other Samsung release cheap on ebay before those were announced.

[quote name='KyleN']I suspect this may be the 2nd one and not the first. The web site lists it as Kung Fu Panda 2 and the cover art in the weekly ad and on-line matches the rest of the covert art for the second film, not the first.

Hmm--actually it's hard to tell--the cover art for both films looks similar. Though I don't see a 3D entry for the original on their web site.[/QUOTE]

It's Kung Fu Panda 1 3D.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/5530116-post12.html

[quote name='KyleN']Yeah, I really hate these ridiculously over-priced, no-competition exclusives. Was shocked they actually lowered the price of the Harry Potters--especially given the end of the year deadline that people have to buy them. If they had 1 & 2 has part of one of these 2 for $35 deals, I'd probably pick them up, but not at $30+ each.

Like the insane pricing on Shrek 1-4 at $30 each. So $120 for the complete set of 3D films with no extras versus the normal blu-ray box set for probably less than $40?! Glad I was able to find the other Samsung release cheap on ebay before those were announced.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got Shrek 1-4 (3D versions) on Ebay last month for about $40. I just wish I had a case for part 4.

[quote name='pjb16']Yea, I got Shrek 1-4 (3D versions) on Ebay last month for about $40. I just wish I had a case for part 4.[/QUOTE]

Can you clarify the part about "a case for part 4"? I recently won the Samsung Shrek 3D set plus Megamind 3D for about $40 dollars as well on Ebay. Does Part 4 not come with a case.

Note: Both of my sets are still factory sealed.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Can you clarify the part about "a case for part 4"? I recently won the Samsung Shrek 3D set plus Megamind 3D for about $40 dollars as well on Ebay. Does Part 4 not come with a case.

Note: Both of my sets are still factory sealed.[/QUOTE]

I got my Shrek 4-pack when I bought my Sammy earlier this year. Since Shrek 4 wasn't out yet, it came in a 4 disc case, with only three discs and a voucher for fourth, by mail, when it came out. I'm not sure if all sets were like this, though. I would be wary, though, that the 4 movie set may not have the 4th movie in it.

[quote name='sp00ge']I got my Shrek 4-pack when I bought my Sammy earlier this year. Since Shrek 4 wasn't out yet, it came in a 4 disc case, with only three discs and a voucher for fourth, by mail, when it came out. I'm not sure if all sets were like this, though. I would be wary, though, that the 4 movie set may not have the 4th movie in it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the added clarification. I also ran a youtube search on "Shrek 3D unboxing" and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYxc3hCKQ38&feature=related

And just to triple check, I decided to open my own Shrek 4 3D collection, and it does indeed come with all 4 movies held in their respective blue slots.

[quote name='pjb16']Yea, I got Shrek 1-4 (3D versions) on Ebay last month for about $40. I just wish I had a case for part 4.[/QUOTE]

For $40 shipped on ebay I got Shrek 1-3 and vouchers for Megamind and Shrek 4 (w/UPC from glasses to redeem vouchers). The case with Shrek 1-3 has an open peg for the Shrek 4 disc. So Samsung sent Megamind in its own keep case and Shrek 4 in an envelope.

[quote name='sp00ge']I got my Shrek 4-pack when I bought my Sammy earlier this year. Since Shrek 4 wasn't out yet, it came in a 4 disc case, with only three discs and a voucher for fourth, by mail, when it came out. I'm not sure if all sets were like this, though. I would be wary, though, that the 4 movie set may not have the 4th movie in it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KyleN']For $40 shipped on ebay I got Shrek 1-3 and vouchers for Megamind and Shrek 4 (w/UPC from glasses to redeem vouchers). The case with Shrek 1-3 has an open peg for the Shrek 4 disc. So Samsung sent Megamind in its own keep case and Shrek 4 in an envelope.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I hadn't actually opened the Shrek set yet. It arrived sealed. I just now opened it up, and there was indeed an open peg with a voucher form in it. Put the Shrek 4 (that was in a sleeve) right in there.

Wish I had a glasses serial number to redeem another copy of Shrek 4 for free. :lol:

Mine was the same.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Kung Fu Panda 3D and Shrek 1 - 4 is part of the BB promo when you buy 2 for $35 or $29.99 each.

http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/movies++tv+shows5 on page 16.[/QUOTE]

Title says "Disney Combo packs"--these are Dreamworks. Also, in the actual weekly ad, these are not boxed in with the Disney combo titles--it is clearer in the ad than that deals page. That said, if there's a way to finagle this deal next week with both Kung Fu Panda's then I'm in. :) If it does include Dreamworks, I'm Surprised they didn't include the previous batch in this list. Might have actually picked up How To Train Your Dragon and/or Monsters vs Aliens if they had--especially if it can be combined with their spend $50 get $10 GC deal.

Just watched Kung Fu Panda in 3D, on my Epson Home Cinema 3010 projector and Elite Screens 100" screen. Great 3D, regardless of how it was done (re-rendering or conversion). Plus, due to the fact that it wasn't originally done in 3D, there were no gimmicky 3D scenes. There were some very good effects, but nothing that didn't flow with the movie.

Can't wait until next Tuesday, to pick up KFP 2 from Best Buy. I didn't see it at the theater, so it will be nice to watch soon after watching KFP1.

On the down side, I don't know how I'm going to afford to buy presents with all of these 3D Blu-ray releases coming out so close to Christmas...

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Just watched Kung Fu Panda in 3D, on my Epson Home Cinema 3010 projector and Elite Screens 100" screen. Great 3D[/QUOTE]

Hows the 3D on projectors is it like going to the movies

[quote name='Xxamir15xX']This worked for me today, i got both for $35, but i had to get them to look up the ad and override the price for it to work.[/QUOTE]
Congrats!

[quote name='starmask2k3']Hows the 3D on projectors is it like going to the movies[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, except better PQ (sharper) than the 3D projector at the theater. My chair is about 11 feet from the screen. The Epson is a 1080p projector, for both 2D and 3D. It uses active IR glasses.

[quote name='Xxamir15xX']This worked for me today, i got both for $35, but i had to get them to look up the ad and override the price for it to work.[/QUOTE]

How would I access the following page in store:

http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/movies++tv+shows5

Would the employee be able to access that page on their computers, or do I go through best buy kiosk computer? Do I just type in that specific URL address at the Kiosk? Because that advertised page is certainly crucial to getting the override price.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']How would I access the following page in store:

http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/movies++tv+shows5

Would the employee be able to access that page on their computers, or do I go through best buy kiosk computer? Do I just type in that specific URL address at the Kiosk? Because that advertised page is certainly crucial to getting the override price.[/QUOTE]
yes they can.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']yes they can.[/QUOTE]

I would love to try this for 2 copies of KFP, but not going to waste my time arguing with the kids at BB. It will not work on the website, so unless your little brother works there, I'm sure it doesn't work in store, either.....

So I'm on Amazon.com and I'm in the Movies & TV › Blu-ray 3D section, sorted by price low to high and I'm scrolling through the pages and I get to 7th and 8th pages and it's like I'm on a smut site, and I'm not talking fungi. There's a bunch of German imports with topless females on the covers. Titles like Die exotische Versuchung [Blu-ray 3D] (German Import) (2011) and My Sweet Sexy Interactive Girl Edition 3 [Blu-ray 3D] (German Import) (2011). :lol:

Going back to get my $75 for the damn 3D Blu's today. I feel sorry for whichever CS gets me. At least I have my receipts and it's all sealed lol.

[quote name='hollowfreak']So I'm on Amazon.com and I'm in the Movies & TV › Blu-ray 3D section, sorted by price low to high and I'm scrolling through the pages and I get to 7th and 8th pages and it's like I'm on a smut site, and I'm not talking fungi. There's a bunch of German imports with topless females on the covers. Titles like Die exotische Versuchung [Blu-ray 3D] (German Import) (2011) and My Sweet Sexy Interactive Girl Edition 3 [Blu-ray 3D] (German Import) (2011). :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ausgezeichnet!!!

[quote name='starmask2k3']Are you guys getting this to work[/QUOTE]

Didn't work.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yup. I just showed the printout.[/QUOTE]

That would have been a good tip to have before I tried it in store. They couldn't pull up the deal on their computers, and neither could I on the kiosk. Came back empty handed with only one copy of the Kung Fu Panda 3D.

Even though I showed them the snapshot picture I took of the website ( http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/movies++tv+shows5 ), it was still no go. I may consider giving it a try at a different best buy only if I'm headed that way.

In other words, bring a print out.

Show the whole printout of that deal in colors. ;) My BB Manager knew about the current deals when you buy any 2 select 3Ds and get $10GC plus another $10 GC when you purchase $50 or more. That ends up $60 plus $20 GC or just $40. She said that 2 for $35 deal is a better deal because it doesn't requires GC and it already deducted when you factor in 2 $10 GC.

I printed out the ad as well(did mine's in Black and White)
they were able to pulll it up on their computer to verify it, i had no trouble getting them to honor it other than having to wait a few minutes for them to look it up.

Bestbuyreceipt.png

bread's done
Back