3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='larrythefatcat']I thought the 3D version didn't come with the movie cash...[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, I don't know what he's talking about... I picked one up yesterday with the Lenticular slip cover, I went in today and had it price matched. It took some time but at least I got it. On a sad note, I didn't get my copies of Death Race, I already have the movie but for .99 they are great presents.

I just got my first 3D TV! I'm seeing if anyone knows of any cheap 3D movies right now that are on sale? I know Best Buy has Harry Potter part 2 for really cheap, and I'm hoping to get out there soon, but hoping to get some others ($15 or lower hopefully).

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I just got my first 3D TV! I'm seeing if anyone knows of any cheap 3D movies right now that are on sale? I know Best Buy has Harry Potter part 2 for really cheap, and I'm hoping to get out there soon, but hoping to get some others ($15 or lower hopefully).[/QUOTE]
You are probably going to have to buy used for prices that cheap. I was able to get Immortals, Alice in Wonderland, and The Green Hornet new off ebay for $13 each, so that's your best bet.

[quote name='anderson4145']You are probably going to have to buy used for prices that cheap. I was able to get Immortals, Alice in Wonderland, and The Green Hornet new off ebay for $13 each, so that's your best bet.[/QUOTE]

The one thing I can't stand about ebay is people selling off the multi-disc releases piecemeal, creating a listing for each disc/digital copy, using the real UPC code for their listings. Makes it really difficult to sort out the complete listings.

[quote name='KyleN']The one thing I can't stand about ebay is people selling off the multi-disc releases piecemeal, creating a listing for each disc/digital copy, using the real UPC code for their listings. Makes it really difficult to sort out the complete listings.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that happend with my Immortals it was just the 3d disc and digital copy, but I was cool with the price. Plus many tv's can convert 3d only discs to 2d

[quote name='plus1zero']The movie itself is okay...how's the 3D in TGH?[/QUOTE]

When I saw it in the theater it was crap. Easily one of the worst, if not the worst, 3D movies I have seen in the theater.

I was thing about getting about harry potter and the deathly hallowed part 2 on bluray at best buy which is on sale at 7.99 but they true 3-d version as well for 9.99 I don't have a 3-d tv but is there any difference in each like bonus features or is it just the disc

I was thinking about getting Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 on bluray at best buy which is on sale for 7.99 but they also have the 3-d version aswell for 9.99 do they have the same features or is it just different packaging

[quote name='KyleN']The one thing I can't stand about ebay is people selling off the multi-disc releases piecemeal, creating a listing for each disc/digital copy, using the real UPC code for their listings. Makes it really difficult to sort out the complete listings.[/QUOTE]

Well, they're trying to stop people trying to sell digital copies. 3 of mine were flagged and shut down and I got a suspension warning, which IMO is crap seeing as I paid for the package. If I don't want to use the digital copy, I ought to be able to sell it, but that's their policy. Granted there are still hundreds of auctions on there, but they are trying to shut them down -- I think it's mostly Sony (the three auctions of mine that were ended were Ultraviolet codes for Sony Blu-Rays) that's doing it right now.

Plenty of 3D Blus this week at Walmart, including JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH which is $20 (and is currently in stock online), plus MY BLOODY VALENTINE, FINAL DESTINATION 3D and a couple of others I believe.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Plenty of 3D Blus this week at Walmart, including JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH which is $20 (and is currently in stock online), plus MY BLOODY VALENTINE, FINAL DESTINATION 3D and a couple of others I believe.[/QUOTE]
Good find, picked up Journey

[quote name='ssjgoku90501']I was thinking about getting Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 on bluray at best buy which is on sale for 7.99 but they also have the 3-d version aswell for 9.99 do they have the same features or is it just different packaging[/QUOTE]

If you are planning on getting a 3D tv at any point, spring for the extra $2, because the 3D version comes with all 4 versions: 3D blu, regular blu, DVD and digital copy. A killer deal for $10.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Plenty of 3D Blus this week at Walmart, including JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH which is $20 (and is currently in stock online), plus MY BLOODY VALENTINE, FINAL DESTINATION 3D and a couple of others I believe.[/QUOTE]

Did I miss it? It shows $25 now, which isn't terrible. But this is CAG, after all.

Whats the word on Avatar3D? Its no more exclusive but still no advertising.for its release on bluray 3D.just Titanic 3D bluray getting publicity

[quote name='pythoncancer']Whats the word on Avatar3D? Its no more exclusive but still no advertising.for its release on bluray 3D.just Titanic 3D bluray getting publicity[/QUOTE]
So far nothing has been announced. There are place holders from September to December so probably somewhere around there it will be released.

A lot of 3D BD on sale at BestBuy.com. Might finally pick up those BB exclusive titles if I can get same price in store plus $5 off with DVD trade-in.

$14.99 Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (3-D)
$17.99 Conan the Barbarian
$19.99 Journey to the Center of the Earth
$19.99 Green Lantern
$19.99 The Final Destination
$19.99 Imax: Hubble (3-D) (Best Buy Exclusive)
$19.99 Yogi Bear
$19.99 Legend of the Guardians: The Owls Of Ga'Hoole
$19.99 Space Station 3D
$19.99 Clash of the Titans
$19.99 Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
$19.99 Under the Sea 3D
$19.99 Deep Sea 3D
$19.99 The Polar Express
$22.99 Megamind (Best Buy Exclusive)
$22.99 How To Train Your Dragon (Best Buy Exclusive)
$22.99 Kung Fu Panda (Best Buy Exclusive)
$24.99 Kung Fu Panda 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
$24.99 Puss In Boots (Best Buy Exclusive)
$24.99 Underworld: Awakening
$24.99 Captain America: The First Avenger
$24.99 Thor

UPDATE: How To train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda both rang in as $22.99 in-store, so was able to get for $17.99 using DVD-upgrade and save trade-ins. Also, both have a sticker on the front that say up to $8 off a kids movie ticket for madagascar 3 (thru 8/5/12). It looks like you need to remove plastic to see the details on the back, so not sure what kind of movie money it is and/or if it really limits to a child movie ticket.

Had them ring up Monsters vs. Aliens just in case, but that was still $34.99.

Sorry to rub it in for all of you non Panasonic folks, but Avatar is easily the best disc available :D

Runner up is Tangled. Can't wait for underworld though, phenomenal at the theater

[quote name='doubledown']How is THE Final Destination? That isn't the latest one, is it? I get them all mised up.[/QUOTE]

THE Final Destination is Final Destination 4. The latest one is Final Destination 5.

Final Destination 4 is the weakest of the series story-wise, but the 3D is amazing (both Final Destination 4 and 5 have amazing 3D -- A result of actually being filmed in 3D rather than having the 3D added in post.) It had some nice kills, and a gorgeous leading lady, but it wasn't much more than "okay, let's run here to stop this person from dying, only for them to die moments later from their own or someone else's stupidity, after not heeding our warning, repeat ad naseum."

[quote name='doubledown']How is THE Final Destination? That isn't the latest one, is it? I get them all mised up.

Megamind and HTTYD from Best Buy are tempting[/QUOTE]

The Final Destination is part 4 it is the one with the Racetrack at the beginning. It's not the new one. It's not horrible, but not as good as 5

[quote name='Aliens']Sorry to rub it in for all of you non Panasonic folks, but Avatar is easily the best disc available :D

Runner up is Tangled. Can't wait for underworld though, phenomenal at the theater[/QUOTE]

Sammy's adventures would like to have a word with you. It can be argued that its 3d is better than avatar.

[quote name='Aliens']Care to elaborate? Last I knew the Samsung exclusives were shrek and mega mind. Has that changed?[/QUOTE]

That doesn't have anything to do with exclusives. Sammy's adventure is a Studio canal animated movie with probably the best pop out there in 3d now. It's pretty amazing but you can't get it in this country yet. The UK one is region locked, so you would have to get the Hong Kong region A version (which I have)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/sammys-ad...2d-version-hong/1024542675-0-0-0-en/info.html

It usually runs about 50 or so shipped, but it is worth it.

Here is a blu-ray.com thread where everyone is posting their opinions on this and how good it is

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=186853

[quote name='Aliens']Care to elaborate? Last I knew the Samsung exclusives were shrek and mega mind. Has that changed?[/QUOTE]

Megamind is no longer an exclusive.

[quote name='spydey']Megamind is no longer an exclusive.[/QUOTE]Nor is Shrek.

Avatar with Panasonic purchases is the only exclusive I know of still being out there. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Picked this up over at the 3d thread on dvd talk

The samsung 3-d starter kits are on clearance at Best Buy for 49.99

The include the 3d discs for all 4 shrek movies and Megamind as well as two pairs of active glasses which I am going to sell. Older versions of this only come with the first 3 Shrek's included and vouchers for the other two titles

Mine had about 7-8 there

[quote name='zman73']Picked this up over at the 3d thread on dvd talk

The include the 3d discs for all 4 shrek movies and Megamind as well as two pairs of active glasses which I am going to sell. Older versions of this only come with the first 3 Shrek's included and vouchers for the other two titles

Mine had about 7-8 there[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! I just called and have a set waiting for me. One of my pairs mysteriously cracked a while back and I was waiting for a killer deal to replace it. Two pairs and Megamind 3d for $50 is hard to pass up, especially when I already have the Shrek set and could sell it to make up part of the cost.

sweet! grabbed one too. had the shrek collection and megamind all in the box. lewisville tx had 2 left after the one i bought.
now just gotta sell the glasses as i have a panasonic 3d plasma and a samsung 3d dlp, and apparently these only work on newer samsung led/lcd :/

I picked one up a few weeks ago at $69.99, I need to go back and get it price matched. I don't need the glasses or Shrek and only wanted Megamind but now that the movie is on sale I might return it.

[quote name='zman73']Picked this up over at the 3d thread on dvd talk

Mine had about 7-8 there[/QUOTE]

Time to check at lunchtime. Are these the glasses for the 2010 or 2011 TV's though?

According to AMAZON, they are for the 2011 TV's...which is not mine :(

I wonder if it is worth $50 for the movies and just sell the glasses....hmmm.

Looks like my store is all out....almost all in Michigan our out if the Inventory tracker is correct

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+3D+Starter+Kit/2145184.p?skuId=2145184&id=1218312214433

[quote name='doubledown']Time to check at lunchtime. Are these the glasses for the 2010 or 2011 TV's though?

I wonder if it is worth $50 for the movies and just sell the glasses....hmmm.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.... quickly flipped mine for about 60 after shipping and fees... basically made about $5 and got 5 free movies

Thanks for the heads up. Do the vouchers for Megamind or Shrek 4 have an expiration date? Also, has anyone tried to UGAS coupon this set? I'm planning on bringing in my old Shrek dvd's for trade in fodder. If not, I'll probably just grab HTTYD and KFP. Also, how is Underworld: Awakening?

[quote name='nbballard']^There are no vouchers. They are packed in the box in fullsize cases.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess the product description on the site is wrong.

^Yea- the original set came out before those 2 items were available so you had to mail in for them. The later version came with the content in box. I was expecting to have to mail off for my Shrek disc last night when i got home, but it was in the box.

Went at lunch to doublecheck the set....nothing for the 3D Starter Kit. Where are they generally located in the store? I'm assuming the BESTBUY.com tracker is accurate also.

[quote name='doubledown']Time to check at lunchtime. Are these the glasses for the 2010 or 2011 TV's though?

I wonder if it is worth $50 for the movies and just sell the glasses....hmmm.

Looks like my store is all out....almost all in Michigan our out if the Inventory tracker is correct

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+3D+Starter+Kit/2145184.p?skuId=2145184&id=1218312214433[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I didn't go out last night and get them. It didn't even occur to me that these are 3100, which are for the 2011 TVs. I guess I'm saving myself the drive now.

[quote name='doubledown']Went at lunch to doublecheck the set....nothing for the 3D Starter Kit. Where are they generally located in the store? I'm assuming the BESTBUY.com tracker is accurate also.[/QUOTE]

they are in the TV section of the store on an endcap. In my store, there is a little section between the 3D TV demo units where they have a handful of movies and games hat can be played in 3D. They were hanging from Pegs on that.

[quote name='plus1zero']Thor 3D is 19.99 at best buy with the upgrade and save, how is it? The movie itself was okay, but i've heard mixed things on the 3D..[/QUOTE]

The movie was filmed in 2D and converted to 3D in post, so you're not going to get the same sense of depth, but you can certainly see where some objects are closer or farther away.

It's closer to looking at a cardboard cutout of a person and a manniquin of a person. You can tell they're both in front of whatever's in the background, but only with the mannequin will you notice the nose sticking outward.

[quote name='plus1zero']Thor 3D is 19.99 at best buy with the upgrade and save, how is it? The movie itself was okay, but i've heard mixed things on the 3D..[/QUOTE]
One of the worst 3d movies I've seen including conversions.

Thanks for the info on the Samsung Starter kit. Lucky for me I have about 8 best buys in my area and a few still had them in stock. I almost picked one up on ebay the other day too. Alot of the ones on ebay have vouchers for shrek 4 and megamind, but these had all the movies in the box.

bread's done
Back