3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for Disney 3D Blu Combos? Starting this Thur for the May Coupon Booklet, Costco is once again taking $8 off select ones. Can someone add a comment on the wholesale price before discount?

Got my starter kit....pulled the movies out and listed the glasses on EBAY. Yeah :)

My store had the KITS in back, none on the shelf....the inventory tracker updated itself online and some stores had some after I initially looked.

Can these pack in movies be played in 2D or 3D only? Just curious

[quote name='doubledown']Got my starter kit....pulled the movies out and listed the glasses on EBAY. Yeah :)

My store had the KITS in back, none on the shelf....the inventory tracker updated itself online and some stores had some after I initially looked.

Can these pack in movies be played in 2D or 3D only? Just curious[/QUOTE]
Most newer 3d TVs will convert 3D to 2D so that shouldn't be a problem either way.

[quote name='anderson4145']Most newer 3d TVs will convert 3D to 2D so that shouldn't be a problem either way.[/QUOTE]

What about a 2D TV and 2D blu-ray player? Will the Shred and Megamind 3D blu-rays play on those?

[quote name='WingsDJY']What about a 2D TV and 2D blu-ray player? Will the Shred and Megamind 3D blu-rays play on those?[/QUOTE]
If the movies are only the 3d version then they will not play, but if the versions included are the retail versions then they will have the 2d version included. My version of Alice in Wonderland is a promotional copy which these might be and it's 3d only.

I finally took the plunge and rder a 3D set myself last Frin night from Dell. Ordered the Sharp LC-60LE745U. It gets delivered Monda evening

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+AQUOS+-+60%22+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4846559.p?id=1218548287668&skuId=4846559

I've so far ordered Beauty and the Beast, Resident Evil Afterlife, Captain America, Thor, Pirate of the Carribean On Stranger Tides. When I get paid in a couple days, gonna pick up from Best Buy Yogi Bear 3D, Green Lantern 3D (Ihave the 2D versions of those allready), and SCorpions Get Your Sting & Blackout 3D. I all ready have Tron Legacy 3D. Luckily when MovieStop did the midnight launch for it, they were giving everyone the 3D version. Tempted to preorder the new Ghost Rider as I caught that in 3D in the theater and loved it. Hell it was better in 3D than when I saw it again in 2D.

Anyone suggest anything else? Other than animated movies. That starter kit from Best Buy seems worthwhile tho. Can make the money back on the glasses.

In terms of 3D gaming, any ideas there? I placed an order for the Sly Cooper Collection as well. Always wanted to play that series.

Finally got one of the starter kits and the store had 1 left. The funniest part was that they weren't on the rack, even though there was a spot with the price tag, and weren't in back. They had them on top of the tallest shelf they had. All of a sudden the employee is driving the hydraulic lift across the store to get this small box. He didn't even take the second one down to put on the shelf.

To those asking about 2D, I tried Megamind on a 2D tv and player, and it seemed to run fine. No errors and no blurry picture.

For HumanSnatcher and 3D games, the Ico collection, God of War Origins Collection, Killzone 3, and Uncharted 3 are good. I'm sure there are more, but that is what I can think of right now.

[quote name='gossamer']Finally got one of the starter kits and the store had 1 left. The funniest part was that they weren't on the rack, even though there was a spot with the price tag, and weren't in back. They had them on top of the tallest shelf they had. All of a sudden the employee is driving the hydraulic lift across the store to get this small box. He didn't even take the second one down to put on the shelf.

To those asking about 2D, I tried Megamind on a 2D tv and player, and it seemed to run fine. No errors and no blurry picture.

For HumanSnatcher and 3D games, the Ico collection, God of War Origins Collection, Killzone 3, and Uncharted 3 are good. I'm sure there are more, but that is what I can think of right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Any chance you can let us know if the Shrek movies work with a 2D player and TV?

[quote name='gossamer']Finally got one of the starter kits and the store had 1 left. The funniest part was that they weren't on the rack, even though there was a spot with the price tag, and weren't in back. They had them on top of the tallest shelf they had. All of a sudden the employee is driving the hydraulic lift across the store to get this small box. He didn't even take the second one down to put on the shelf.

For HumanSnatcher and 3D games, the Ico collection, God of War Origins Collection, Killzone 3, and Uncharted 3 are good. I'm sure there are more, but that is what I can think of right now.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking of getting the Ico/SotC set soon. Always wanted to play Ico. Maybe get the God of War one later on. I used to have Gran Tourismo 5, but sold it a few months ago. I may get the newer one with the DLC.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Thanks for the info. Any chance you can let us know if the Shrek movies work with a 2D player and TV?[/QUOTE]

All Shreks look good as well.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I'm thinking of getting the Ico/SotC set soon. Always wanted to play Ico. Maybe get the God of War one later on. I used to have Gran Tourismo 5, but sold it a few months ago. I may get the newer one with the DLC.[/QUOTE]

god of war collection is better in 3D than Ico/SotC IMO. But SotC/ICO are great games. Killzone 3 is quite good in 3D as is Uncharted 3. Also, not sure if you have a 360 but Crysis, Crysis 2, and Halo: CE Anniversary are VERY well done in 3D.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']In terms of 3D gaming, any ideas there? I placed an order for the Sly Cooper Collection as well. Always wanted to play that series.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a 3D Monitor that works with my nVidia card, so my 3D gaming experience has greatly been PC-based (Left 4 Dead is amazing in 3D) but I tried out a few 3D games on my PS3. Sonic Generations looked really nice in 3D (though there is a bit of ghosting on the title screen and stage select screen since the game seems fond of pure white backgrounds) and Mortal Kombat was decent (not as pop-out like as I would have hoped after playing DoA: Dimensions.) But believe it or not, the PSN game Super Stardust looked amazing in 3D. Meanwhile, Assassin's Creed: Revelations totally absolutely sucked in 3D. The edges of practially everything (walls, your own character, etc.) has this blurry aura around it that was very distracting. And the game Invincible Tiger: Legend of Han Tao, which was supposedly the first 3D game, didn't even work in Stereoscopic mode for me.

[quote name='Pounce!']Looking for Disney 3D Blu Combos? Starting this Thur for the May Coupon Booklet, Costco is once again taking $8 off select ones. Can someone add a comment on the wholesale price before discount?[/QUOTE]

Nice!
Does the $8 off require a coupon or is it just an automatic discount?

*EDIT* Just answered my own question - no coupons required! :)
Looks like Disney Blu's, 3D or not, are $8 off from today through June 3rd!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plus1zero']god of war collection is better in 3D than Ico/SotC IMO. But SotC/ICO are great games. Killzone 3 is quite good in 3D as is Uncharted 3. Also, not sure if you have a 360 but Crysis, Crysis 2, and Halo: CE Anniversary are VERY well done in 3D.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get into Halo CE, but due to a birth injury to my right hand, I can't play FPS or 3rd person games like Max Payne on a console. O a PC I'm just fine tho

[quote name='Kain']I picked up a 3D Monitor that works with my nVidia card, so my 3D gaming experience has greatly been PC-based (Left 4 Dead is amazing in 3D) but I tried out a few 3D games on my PS3. Sonic Generations looked really nice in 3D (though there is a bit of ghosting on the title screen and stage select screen since the game seems fond of pure white backgrounds) and Mortal Kombat was decent (not as pop-out like as I would have hoped after playing DoA: Dimensions.) But believe it or not, the PSN game Super Stardust looked amazing in 3D. Meanwhile, Assassin's Creed: Revelations totally absolutely sucked in 3D. The edges of practially everything (walls, your own character, etc.) has this blurry aura around it that was very distracting. And the game Invincible Tiger: Legend of Han Tao, which was supposedly the first 3D game, didn't even work in Stereoscopic mode for me.[/QUOTE]
I've got a PC that needs to be built and would like to do that on the PC eventually. I have a eVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB that I plan on going SLI with later this year. What would I need to get? All I can think of s that nVidia 3D kit and upgrade my monitor to a 3D one, right?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I've got a PC that needs to be built and would like to do that on the PC eventually. I have a eVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB that I plan on going SLI with later this year. What would I need to get? All I can think of s that nVidia 3D kit and upgrade my monitor to a 3D one, right?[/QUOTE]

This is what I've got. My eVGA GTX 570 is attached via the DVI port and my PS3 is attached via the HDMI. It's already got the necessary components built-in to interact with the nVidia card, and naturally works with the PS3, plus it comes with a pair of glasses. So I didn't need anything to get the monitor up and running in 3D other than attaching it to the system and going through the 3D setup in the nVidia control panel. I can't speak for the SLI, though, as I've just got the one card going myself.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Nice!
Does the $8 off require a coupon or is it just an automatic discount?

*EDIT* Just answered my own question - no coupons required! :)
Looks like Disney Blu's, 3D or not, are $8 off from today through June 3rd![/QUOTE]They range from $24.99 to $34.99, from what I remember of the prices the last time I went to Costco.

[quote name='Kain']This is what I've got. My eVGA GTX 570 is attached via the DVI port and my PS3 is attached via the HDMI. It's already got the necessary components built-in to interact with the nVidia card, and naturally works with the PS3, plus it comes with a pair of glasses. So I didn't need anything to get the monitor up and running in 3D other than attaching it to the system and going through the 3D setup in the nVidia control panel. I can't speak for the SLI, though, as I've just got the one card going myself.[/QUOTE]
I've got a 25ft miniHDMI to HDMI cable that I plan on running from my card to my new TV when I get the PC built. But I don't think its a high speed one to support 3d. Be nice if its possible to get a long enough DVI to HDMI cable that supports 3D, but I doubt that. Really as long as I can stream stuff from Hulu that you can't with Hulu Plus, such as The Simpsons, I'll be happy

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I've got a 25ft miniHDMI to HDMI cable that I plan on running from my card to my new TV when I get the PC built. But I don't think its a high speed one to support 3d. Be nice if its possible to get a long enough DVI to HDMI cable that supports 3D, but I doubt that. Really as long as I can stream stuff from Hulu that you can't with Hulu Plus, such as The Simpsons, I'll be happy[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-High-Speed-Adapter-Cable/dp/B005LJQP0E/

I'm pretty sure it'll work, I'm currently using the 10ft version of it going to my 3D DLP @ 1080p. Let me tell you 65" of Dead Space in 1080p 3D checkerboard blows any 360/PS3/3DBR I've ever seen away! :drool:

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']

In terms of 3D gaming, any ideas there? I placed an order for the Sly Cooper Collection as well. Always wanted to play that series.[/QUOTE]

Some of my faves

Xbox 360:

Call of duty black ops VERY cool in 3d
Top Spin 4 looks good in 3d too
Both batman games (arkham city and asylum) look real good

PS3

Superstardust looks real good in 3d
Killzone 3 is done very well
ico and shadow of colossus collection very well done

[quote name='Kain']...But believe it or not, the PSN game Super Stardust looked amazing in 3D...[/QUOTE]

I second this. My favorite 3D game, however, is Motorstorm Apocalypse. The 3D is excellent & completely draws you into the game. It's the greatest advance in driving games in the last 15 years, in my opinion.

Samsung 3D Starter Kit - $49.99 @ Best Buy In-Store only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+3D+Starter+Kit/2145184.p?id=1218312214433&skuId=2145184&st=3d%20starter%20kit&cp=1&lp=1

This 3D starter kit is compatible with select Samsung HDTVs and includes 2 pairs of 3D active glasses for viewing 3D content. The included Blu-ray Discs feature Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third remastered in 3D for amazing images.
What's Included

• Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third 3D Blu-ray Discs
  • 2 pairs of battery 3D active glasses (SSG-3100GB)
  • Mail-in voucher for Shrek Forever After
  • Mail-in voucher for Megamind
  • Owner's manual
EDIT: Shrek Forever After & Megamind Blu-ray are already in the boxes, no mail-in voucher needed.

[quote name='hollowfreak']http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-High-Speed-Adapter-Cable/dp/B005LJQP0E/

I'm pretty sure it'll work, I'm currently using the 10ft version of it going to my 3D DLP @ 1080p. Let me tell you 65" of Dead Space in 1080p 3D checkerboard blows any 360/PS3/3DBR I've ever seen away! :drool:[/QUOTE]
Awesome awesome awesome! Thanks for finding that man!. I guess I wasn't digging hard enough when I was looking early today. Definitely gonna pick that up soon. Might just return the miniHDMI to HDMI cable. I can always run an audio cable from the pc to the TV. In fact the model I ordered has HDMI input 2 as a PC port that is connected to a 3.5mm audio jack

[quote name='md4man']I second this. My favorite 3D game, however, is Motorstorm Apocalypse. The 3D is excellent & completely draws you into the game. It's the greatest advance in driving games in the last 15 years, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
I do plan on getting MotorStorm Apocalypse. Luckily Amazon has it for 30 bucks.

I picked up Underworld Steelbook....I figure if I hate it, I can sell on EBAY and basically get my money back. Not a steelbook collector, but since I cannot rent a 3D movie, this was my next best option.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Awesome awesome awesome! Thanks for finding that man!. I guess I wasn't digging hard enough when I was looking early today. Definitely gonna pick that up soon. Might just return the miniHDMI to HDMI cable. I can always run an audio cable from the pc to the TV. In fact the model I ordered has HDMI input 2 as a PC port that is connected to a 3.5mm audio jack[/QUOTE]

Glad to help. Originally I bought a mini hdmi to hdmi converter but it was too big and was cocked to the side in the socket. Then I moved the pc to the other side of the TV stand and needed a longer hdmi cable anyway so I gave the 10'er a try, funny thing is I actually get audio out through it too.

Ever since I built my 3Dpc it's harder for me to play console games (and watch blu rays) in 3D, most of the time the max depth/separation is barely enough and from what I've read you need even more separation on a smaller screen so if I find it lacking @ 65" I can only imagine how bad I'd find it on a smaller screen. That coupled with the resolution, or lack there of, and the games that fake 3D. I think I'll be holding out for PC versions and only get exclusives. It helps that I have a wireless 360 controller too, best of both worlds.

Avatar: The Game is the only console game I can think of/remember playing that let you tweak it to the point it hurt your eyes, which is bad kiddies dial it back. :lol: ... from what I've read the max depth/separation you can do is the distance between your eyes.

[quote name='shrike4242']They range from $24.99 to $34.99, from what I remember of the prices the last time I went to Costco.[/QUOTE]

The 3D ones I saw today were Tangled LK Toy Story 1-3 Bolt Cars 2. So $27 net. The numerous 2Ds are $17 net.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Samsung 3D Starter Kit - $49.99 @ Best Buy In-Store only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...433&skuId=2145184&st=3d starter kit&cp=1&lp=1

This 3D starter kit is compatible with select Samsung HDTVs and includes 2 pairs of 3D active glasses for viewing 3D content. The included Blu-ray Discs feature Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third remastered in 3D for amazing images.
What's Included

• Owner's manual
EDIT: Shrek Forever After & Megamind Blu-ray are already in the boxes, no mail-in voucher needed.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get all of those in 3D and $50 is great... I just might go for it, too.

It's just too bad I can't get more 3D glasses for my Panasonic under $50 EACH... and that would be after selling off another copy of 'Avatar'. UGH! (I should've just waited and bought a 3DTV that uses passive glasses... so much easier/cheaper)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Samsung 3D Starter Kit - $49.99 @ Best Buy In-Store only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+3D+Starter+Kit/2145184.p?id=1218312214433&skuId=2145184&st=3d%20starter%20kit&cp=1&lp=1

What's Included

• Owner's manual
EDIT: Shrek Forever After & Megamind Blu-ray are already in the boxes, no mail-in voucher needed.[/QUOTE]

Nice thanks a bunch man! I just grabbed one right now..5 movies for $50 is just too good.

Catching up on all the Marvel movies before i see Avengers, just watched Thor in 3D. I thought the 3d added decently to the flick and was enjoyable to watch, the only thing i know about thor before the movie is that he sucks in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Can't wait for The Avengers now.

[quote name='Mario Speedwagon']Can someone who bought the starter kit post a pic of everything please? Very curious if the movies come in their full 3D packaging or some cheap slip cases.[/QUOTE]

Don't have a pic, but they come in Blu-ray cases... one for Megamind and a large one for the Shrek films.

...unless Samsung started getting cheap and changed the original packaging very recently...

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Don't have a pic, but they come in Blu-ray cases... one for Megamind and a large one for the Shrek films.

...unless Samsung started getting cheap and changed the original packaging very recently...[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know as well, they may have changed the packaging as it doesn't look like the pic on Best Buy's site and it also feels really light for having 5 movies in it.

I was thinking it was discs only based on the weight so I held off on buying it.

My 60" Sharp came in to day and finally have it all set up. Just need to fine tune a few settings later on. I'm charging up the 3D glasses so I've yet to try that out

Selling my 3D glasses on EBAY from the KIT (since they don't work with my TV), hopefully they sell for more than $30, but if not....I cannot really complain since I'm keeping the movies.

Still haven't watched Underworld yet in 3D.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I bought the four pack of Shrek movies from someone on ebay in January and it is a blu ray case.[/QUOTE]
Same here (well not the January part). Mine actually still had a redemption voucher in the blu-ray case for Shrek Forever After, so I have a 2nd one. Although I have no one to give/sell/trade it too.

[quote name='doubledown']Selling my 3D glasses on EBAY from the KIT (since they don't work with my TV), hopefully they sell for more than $30, but if not....I cannot really complain since I'm keeping the movies.

Still haven't watched Underworld yet in 3D.[/quote]

I sadly have at least 12 3D movies I have yet to watch. :(

Finally picked this up, and just to clarify it does contain the blu-ray cases for both movies. Obviously the Shrek Collection is thicker.

My question is, I've read on other sites that these movies REQUIRE active shutter glasses. I don't see how the blu-ray would know, but is this a true statement?

I just bought a passive 3D HDTV and wondering if it will work before I open the set.

Any info or clarification would be appreciated.

What's Included

• Owner's manual

[quote name='king9x']My question is, I've read on other sites that these movies REQUIRE active shutter glasses. I don't see how the blu-ray would know, but is this a true statement?[/QUOTE]
No. That statement was probably written before passive TVs were on the market to emphasize that the 3D blu-rays will not work with anaglyph glasses.

[quote name='BleedOrange11']No. That statement was probably written before passive TVs were on the market to emphasize that the 3D blu-rays will not work with anaglyph glasses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification, and quick response.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Help!

Do the blu ray discs come with the starter kit too or just the 3D copy of the movie?[/QUOTE]

The set comes with 2 fullsize movie cases - 1 includes all of the Shrek Movies (3D Blu Only, each on it's own disc), and the other comes with MegaMind (3D Blu only).

[quote name='nbballard']The set comes with 2 fullsize movie cases - 1 includes all of the Shrek Movies (3D Blu Only, each on it's own disc), and the other comes with MegaMind (3D Blu only).[/QUOTE]

But these work in 2d too. The retail ones however don't

bread's done
Back