3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Best Buy is selling Piranha 3DD for $17.99.....I can see this movie dropping. It appears to be the only version also....a 3disc set. Nice.

Might fill well with the $10 code for spending $50 at Best Buy

[quote name='doubledown']Looks like Best Buy is selling Piranha 3DD for $17.99.....I can see this movie dropping. It appears to be the only version also....a 3disc set. Nice.

Might fill well with the $10 code for spending $50 at Best Buy[/QUOTE]

It would, except that promotion ends on August 31.

[quote name='gossamer']It would, except that promotion ends on August 31.[/QUOTE]

They are extending it based on next week's ad. Sort of

Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.

[quote name='doubledown']They are extending it based on next week's ad. Sort of

Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

This is not a TV title--the deal they were referring to was the order $50 in media online for store pickup and get $10 emailed GC that's good for a month.

[quote name='KyleN']This is not a TV title--the deal they were referring to was the order $50 in media online for store pickup and get $10 emailed GC that's good for a month.[/QUOTE]

Duh.....misread that. Thanks for setting me straight.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Anyone want to buy my Avatar 3D for triple digit?[/QUOTE]

I was only able to sell my second Avatar 3D for $60 a week and a half ago... I don't know how likely that price is going to be NOW.

(EDIT: The first one I sold back at the beginning of 2011 went for $110... and the buyer was an executive at Fox Studios, interestingly enough)

YMMV PROBABLY
Just thought I'd mention this, if it's already been mentioned, my apologies but I found some XpanD Universal 3D glasses at Sears tonight for $19.97 a piece. They had two locally and I grabbed both. They seem to work really well with my Panasonic TC-P50GT25. These glasses are still close to $40 on Amazon.
Model # : X103
Item # : 57 75194

[quote name='Vader582']YMMV PROBABLY
Just thought I'd mention this, if it's already been mentioned, my apologies but I found some XpanD Universal 3D glasses at Sears tonight for $19.97 a piece. They had two locally and I grabbed both. They seem to work really well with my Panasonic TC-P50GT25. These glasses are still close to $40 on Amazon.
Model # : X103
Item # : 57 75194[/QUOTE]

Just looked in-store and they didn't have any of these glasses so I called the Sears # and they told me that the item is apparently an online only item, but it might have been an online return or clearance merchandise or this may have been an item only available in one of the outlet locations... I'm not sure which one of these might be the case. I was also told that the regular price was $35 and my other option though a third-party Sears-associated dealer was around $75.

I also talked to an associate at an outlet and he told me that the nearest location with this item in stock was in Dallas, TX; I found it necessary to tell him that I wasn't going to be able to make a trip down there from the Milwaukee area and he fully understood my decision...

This is a definite YMMV!

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Just looked in-store and they didn't have any of these glasses so I called the Sears # and they told me that the item is apparently an online only item, but it might have been an online return or clearance merchandise or this may have been an item only available in one of the outlet locations... I'm not sure which one of these might be the case. I was also told that the regular price was $35 and my other option though a third-party Sears-associated dealer was around $75.

I also talked to an associate at an outlet and he told me that the nearest location with this item in stock was in Dallas, TX; I found it necessary to tell him that I wasn't going to be able to make a trip down there from the Milwaukee area and he fully understood my decision...

This is a definite YMMV![/QUOTE]
I know they were carried in-store at one point because I saw them at a different Sears in my town back when they were close to $100 a piece.

Anyone get Piranha 3DD yet? I want to get since I loved the first one....ut I keep resisting. I have a feeling this wil be even cheaper soon and I'm in no hurry to see it.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone get Piranha 3DD yet? I want to get since I loved the first one....ut I keep resisting. I have a feeling this wil be even cheaper soon and I'm in no hurry to see it.[/QUOTE]
I should be receiving mine on Monday.

^^ same here. I have seen the non-3d, and can tell you - its not a "great" movie by any means. Its so-so. Main reason I purchased is I have OCD with things being "complete" and I have the first one already. That, and I like 3d boobs.

[quote name='mvp828']Heads up to everyone... There are a few 3D movies in the GoHastings 3 for $21 sale this week.[/QUOTE]

Only Ghost Rider and Darkest Hour 3D in stock. nothing else. :(

[quote name='trunks982']Only Ghost Rider and Darkest Hour 3D in stock. nothing else. :([/QUOTE]

I'm surprised even those are left--all of the 2D BDs that were on my wish list which were in stock yesterday were already wiped out when I saw the deal this morning at 7am ET.

Ordered, but I've had bad luck with the Used 3D blu-ray purchases from GoHastings (which has been the only error I've ever had with them though) getting the standard 2D instead. Still, fingers crossed.

watched it in Imax,3D theater as i`m avid fan of 3D .its non stop action movie with a story that you expect from a zombie movie -straight forward but moving .

3D effects compared to first were disappointing .There are few out of screen shots but not much done .Director got lazy or studio old farts management pushed for limited 3D but it was disappointment while last installment still is benchmark for 3D movies to follow.

Milla Jovovich is getting old ( Kate Beckinsale of underworld though older yet rocks in S&M dressing ) They need to conclude franchise so can reboot it later with new faces .

[quote name='pythoncancer']watched it in Imax,3D theater as i`m avid fan of 3D .its non stop action movie with a story that you expect from a zombie movie -straight forward but moving .

3D effects compared to first were disappointing .There are few out of screen shots but not much done .Director got lazy or studio old farts management pushed for limited 3D but it was disappointment while last installment still is benchmark for 3D movies to follow.

Milla Jovovich is getting old ( Kate Beckinsale of underworld though older yet rocks in S&M dressing ) They need to conclude franchise so can reboot it later with new faces .[/QUOTE]

I saw it in IMAX 3d yesterday also. I was a little bit disappointed with the 3D as well. I enjoyed the 3D more in Afterlife.

I just hope they have a chance to conclude the franchise. I'm afraid they will leave on one of those cliffhanger endings and then the movie studio will decide not to make anymore.
I just wish the story progressed a little more in Retribution. What important stuff happened in this one? I'll try to keep it to one poorly worded run on sentence...

They escaped another underground umbrella facility like in the first film, evil Jill Valentine turned into good Jill Valentine, Wesker is now in the role of president and leading the last of mankind like John Conner, and Alice has a clone deaf daughter (good thing she somehow already knew sign language). ;)

Okay, her clone knew sign language so it makes sense that the real Alice knows sign language. I guess she had a real deaf daughter before the events of the first movie? It was just never explained. Usually this dumb nitpicking doesn't bother me, especially for the 5th film in a zombie franchise. I guess there will be a lot of deleted scenes on the bluray.

Jovovich has grown on me a lot over the course of these five movies. I was indifferent I guess. I didn't like her very much or dislike her very much in the beginning of the franchise. I don't really care if she looks any older than the original Resident Evil from 2002. I hope she keep making these damn movies forever. :)

I still enjoyed the new film and would watch it again.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']
I just wish the story progressed a little more in Retribution. What important stuff happened in this one? I'll try to keep it to one poorly worded run on sentence...

They escaped another underground umbrella facility like in the first film, evil Jill Valentine turned into good Jill Valentine, Wesker is now in the role of president and leading the last of mankind like John Conner, and Alice has a clone deaf daughter (good thing she somehow already knew sign language). ;)

Okay, her clone knew sign language so it makes sense that the real Alice knows sign language. I guess she had a real deaf daughter before the events of the first movie? It was just never explained. Usually this dumb nitpicking doesn't bother me, especially for the 5th film in a zombie franchise. I guess there will be a lot of deleted scenes on the bluray.
[/QUOTE]

The way I see it is it was an outbreak simulation within the facility, and all of those in that scene were clones. Husband Carlos, non-Umbrella Rain, the mysterious deaf daughter (for being deaf, can actually speak pretty clearly). And I don't recall the infected having the mouth tentacle crap going on in the first movies. Wasn't that a caused by a parasite, like in RE4, instead of a virus?

[quote name='gossamer']Best Buy's website now has Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Underworld: Awakening, and Smurfs for $20.[/QUOTE]
The 3d in Ghost Rider was pretty bad other then the CGI parts. Also the movie sucked.

[quote name='gossamer']Best Buy's website now has Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Underworld: Awakening, and Smurfs for $20.[/QUOTE]

For sure pass on ghost rider. The trailer had far better 3d which confused me. I will give underworld a strong buy recommendation. The movie is bad but the 3d was great and made the movie entertaining enough for the 18 or so I paid. Even at 20 I'd say it's a buy.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone get Piranha 3DD yet? I want to get since I loved the first one....ut I keep resisting. I have a feeling this wil be even cheaper soon and I'm in no hurry to see it.[/QUOTE]

to much boobs and blood and seamen

I saw these in store for this price the other day.

I'm just spoiled now about spending $14.99 on so many due to the trade in deal, that I don't want to even spend $20 on them.

Ight, I need to get a "3D setup" any recommendations? Like the cheapest/best 3D TV/Monitor(not the gamestop one) anything 23' or bigger (no homo)

and you can play 3D blu-rays on ps3 right?

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Ight, I need to get a "3D setup" any recommendations? Like the cheapest/best 3D TV/Monitor(not the gamestop one) anything 23' or bigger (no homo)

and you can play 3D blu-rays on ps3 right?[/QUOTE]

PS3 works for 3D blu just fine. I picked up a 51" Samsung plasma on amazon Black Friday last year for only $499. No tax, free shipping, right to my front door. It has been great. It did have something go faulty in it and it wouldn't turn on, but the tech came and fixed it in under 30min. They renewed the warranty for an additional year. It really needed to be fine tuned for the best picture possible but for the price and the fact the 3D glasses only run $20 it was a no brainer. If you have a room not filled with tons of light (causing glare) it's a winner.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN51E...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348088807&sr=1-2

Anything cheaper and smaller? I'll keep an eye on that, but I really dont like tvs too big. I have a 41' google smart tv and a 23' Asus monitor. To me the 41 is big enough for me. How is that plasma for 3D gaming?

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Anything cheaper and smaller? I'll keep an eye on that, but I really dont like tvs too big. I have a 41' google smart tv and a 23' Asus monitor. To me the 41 is big enough for me. How is that plasma for 3D gaming?[/QUOTE]

The active glasses take some getting used to, but the look is awesome. The desert sequence in Uncharted 3 is stunning. The Zen Pinball 2 tables are so great. I want a Passive 3D because the glasses aren't as dull, but I guess technically the resolution is lower on those TVs when using 3D, so it's a give and take. People say 3D is a fad, but I dare anyone who isn't plagued by headaches or just too visually inept to see it properly to want to go back to all 2D after seeing so many great things in 3D. I refuse to buy any new film that has a 3D version in anything other then 3D.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Anything cheaper and smaller? I'll keep an eye on that, but I really dont like tvs too big. I have a 41' google smart tv and a 23' Asus monitor. To me the 41 is big enough for me. How is that plasma for 3D gaming?[/QUOTE]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...&ci_src=5784816&ci_sku=2891051&ref=25&loc=PGR
Compared to my LG 3d tv this has much better 3d I also use it as my computer moniter. It's also great for gaming.

I bought this back in June and have had absolutely no complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E3D420V...io+42+3-d+ready+1080p+120hz+lcd+hdtv+e3d420vx

I got it at Meijer (for those of you outside of MI and other parts of the Midwest, it is like Wal-Mart... But clean) for approx. $560 after taxes. I then threw on an additional 4 year warranty through SquareTrade for $72.

It is passive 3D which was one thing that I was really looking for since glasses are dirt cheap (or free from the movie theater) and I am willing to sacrifice resolution for a little more color in the image. It comes with numerous picture presets which I have found to be great. Between the football, game, and movie settings, they are tuned very well right out of the box. It also has a game mode built in that will take make sure the refresh rate is ideal for games.

The picture for Blu-Rays and even older DVDs is absolutely amazing. There is a level of depth perception in 2D that at times is even somewhat strange because of how real people and cars look.

[quote name='armandxp']Can't we talk about more blu ray 3d deals, and leave the tv's and etc. to another thread????? :)[/QUOTE]

It's still conversation about 3d, just the tv side of it... Doesn't bother me, as I wait on my 82" Mitsubishi 3d to arrive

I too have been less tempted at the $20 price point on the 3d titles, unless it was the Toy Story movies, which I had already bought before my tv.

I got a shipping notice on my Avengers 3D combo pack from DD yesterday, cancelled Amazon this morning.

Also, Kudos to GoHastings: This time we got all our $7 used 3D blu-rays without a hitch, Smurfs even had the slipcover- my kid was ecstatic.

[quote name='zman73']It's still conversation about 3d, just the tv side of it... Doesn't bother me, as I wait on my 82" Mitsubishi 3d to arrive

I too have been less tempted at the $20 price point on the 3d titles, unless it was the Toy Story movies, which I had already bought before my tv.[/QUOTE]

Just trying to keep the thread on track. It is the '3D Blu-Ray thread'. I wasn't trying to be rude, either.. :)

Looks like Thor 3D will be on sale for 19.99 at Best Buy this coming week. This is one I've passed on for a while...

[quote name='armandxp']Just trying to keep the thread on track. It is the '3D Blu-Ray thread'. I wasn't trying to be rude, either.. :)

Looks like Thor 3D will be on sale for 19.99 at Best Buy this coming week. This is one I've passed on for a while...[/QUOTE]

Its 3d elements are pretty forgettable and, IMHO, are bad for the most part- it's pretty obvious it's a post facto 3D title.

Trying to find something positive to say about the 3d: I did like the CGI sequences involving the rainbow bridge and the 3d menu is really cool.

Aside from the 3D- I really liked the movie. Branagh had fun with the characters and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

[quote name='armandxp']Just trying to keep the thread on track. It is the '3D Blu-Ray thread'...[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I read this thread exclusively for cheapass 3d blu's. Others for reviews and hardware.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Supposedly target is going to have it for 19.99 because the regular blu ray version does not have everything advertised in the ad.[/QUOTE]
picture.php

It's real!

bread's done
Back