3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Oooh they pmed to Target.

http://www.target.com/p/prometheus-...-3d-with-digital-copy-widescreen/-/A-14270597

$14.99 with $5 manufacturer coupon or $13.99 with 5% redcard.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this. Got the last Prometheus 3D from the stockroom yesterday.

[quote name='KyleN']Nightmare Before Christmas and Bolt are also at an Amazon low of $19.99, but Open Season is OOS and back up to $17.99.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! In for Nightmare Before Christmas and Bolt. One of these days, I should really get a 3D TV :D

I usually don't go to theaters, so I only saw Prometheus since Amazon offered a free movie pass for pre-orders. I was impressed by the quality of the 3D- possibly the second best I've seen compared to Avatar. That applies to both the theatrical version and the 3D Blu-ray.

[quote name='KyleN']Fright Night is now on sale for $19.99 and My Bloody Valentine for $9.47.

With prices hitting $20 or below now, I wonder what we'll get for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals! (Although I already own pretty much all of the 3D titles out right now--waiting for deals on Dial M For Murder and Creature From the Black Lagoon--if available separately.)[/QUOTE]

Saw: The Final Chapter is now also down to an Amazon low of $19.99 and Spider-Man is $27.99 and Abey The Vampire Slayer is $24.96.

(The last two are still over that $19.99 max I'm willing to spend on a single 3D movie. Wish they had had an $8 coupon on Spider-Man, then that would have been perfect.)

I highly recommend Prometheus 3D. I have a first gen 3D TV that is prone to crosstalk in a lot of games and movies but this blu ray looked perfect.

GoHastings is currently having a 1-day sale for $10 off 30 new/used with code GOVOTE, so may be some deals. I was able to get 3D Spider-man for ~$22. It is $27.99 and added a cheap used blu-ray of The International for $2.11 to bump it to $30.10. With the $.96 shipping for each item it comes to $22.02. If only Arthur Christmas 3D was the same price (but that's like $36 on their site.)

Thanks, I grabbed MBV too at that price.

Anyone purchased the Little Rascals 3D bluray? I just noticed it in the Amazon listings and had never seen it before today.

[quote name='KyleN']My Bloody Valentine is now down to $7.88 and Madagascar 3 is now down to $19.99![/QUOTE]Madagascar 3 is also $19.99 at Best Buy, for the version without the bundled rainbow wig. I'm returning my copy back to Best Buy and save myself $5 with the copy I just ordered at Amazon.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Can the Toy Story Trilogy 3D be played in 2D?[/QUOTE]

The description says 3 disks, so it almost sounds like it's just the 3D disks?

[quote name='KyleN']GoHastings is currently having a 1-day sale for $10 off 30 new/used with code GOVOTE, so may be some deals. I was able to get 3D Spider-man for ~$22. It is $27.99 and added a cheap used blu-ray of The International for $2.11 to bump it to $30.10. With the $.96 shipping for each item it comes to $22.02. If only Arthur Christmas 3D was the same price (but that's like $36 on their site.)[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, and I got an email from them saying Spider-Man was cancelled, since they couldn't authorize my card for a movie that wasn't in stock. I'm going to call their customer service at 9am when they open.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']I did the same thing, and I got an email from them saying Spider-Man was cancelled, since they couldn't authorize my card for a movie that wasn't in stock. I'm going to call their customer service at 9am when they open.[/QUOTE]

Same here--already sent e-mail but calling at 10am EST when they open.

UPDATE: Had me re-place order for Spider-Man and call them--will credit back difference once it ships.

UPDATE 2: Reorder was also canceled--they told me having an issue with Spider-Man's getting canceled. Also said I wouldn't be able to use coupon on pre-order, so had them cancel with other blu-ray b/c that's the only reason I ordered it. Will just wait for a deal on spider-man or maybe try calling on friday once it's no longer a pre-order

[quote name='WingsDJY']Can the Toy Story Trilogy 3D be played in 2D?[/QUOTE]
Most 3d tv's can convert 3d to 2d if that helps but I'm thinking you mean play a 3d movie on a 2d tv.

I've been searching for really good/cheap DLP Link glasses ever since the 3D adapter came out for my 65" Mitsubishi DLP. I've been through a lot of glasses on ebay. Up to this point my overall favorite were TrueDepth 3D, comfortable fit, decent image, rechargeable, but there was always slight ghosting at the opposing edges of the screen. Ghosting of the far left side of the screen in the right eye, and vice versa. It wasn't too much of a distraction because I was focused in the center of the screen while gaming but at $60 for a single pair I wasn't even considering buying more, although I always had that nagging "what if something happens to them" in the back of my mind.

Recently I posted a deal on XpanD X102s, which I myself purchased. 4 pairs of glasses for less than one pair of TrueDepths and I've always heard such great things about XpanDs. Wow, was I surprised. Those glasses sucked ... bad! They cast this dark blueish hue, had extreme ghosting, arrived with dead batteries inside, and lost sync during under certain conditions, I'll get to that later. I was able to get replacement glasses and batteries from XpanD for the syncing and battery issues but the color cast and extreme ghosting was stil very much prevalent in the newer revision replacements. So now I have 8 pairs of glasses that still suck. :lol:

Previous to getting the XpanDs I had experienced the syncing issues, shifting colors with the eventual loss of sync, with other glasses while playing Uncharted 3, specifically the beginning of Chapter 18 - The Rub' al Khali. So in turn this has become my test for any new glasses I buy, the TrueDepth 3D and an older pair of no name box-framed glasses I have get through this without issue.

So after being disappointed with both revisions of the XpanDs and being back to only having one really good pair of DLP Link glasses, I went back to ebay to see if there were any new glasses that looked decent enough to try. I had bought some SainSonics previously and really liked how they looked and fit but they had the same syncing issues. So I found some cheap SainSonics, a different model, for $20(+$3 S&H) but I really didn't want to deal with the hassle if they didn't work out right and then I saw these ...

$(KGrHqZ,!i4FBYzSew)HBQd+54WMFw~~60_3.JPG

... at $24 I had to buy them! :bouncy:

So I got them last night and have hardly put them through their paces, only about a half hour of Skyrim really late last night and the Uncharted test a few times first thing this morning. They fit and feel great, very light-weight, and comfortable on the nose, more like passive glasses than active glasses. They do feel a little cheap but from what I've seen so far optically they are far superior to my TrueDepths, I didn't see any ghosting on my setup whatsoever. I had to turn my head almost to the point where my eye wasn't even looking through the lens anymore. The only issue I had so far was with polarity and that was during the Uncharted test, when the screen washes out and fades back in they seem to lose sync very quickly and sometimes this swap eyes on you, easily remedied by tapping the power button to swap polarity. Aside from that they worked flawlessly during the test, no shifting colors or loss of sync. I'll definitely have to test them out more extensively to see if other things trigger the eye swapping, which would really suck for people that aren't used to 3D and can't tell it's reversed because it can cause quite an eyestrain.

I've been meaning to post something about the extra XpanDs I have, I have 4 pairs of X102SUEs. If anyone is using them, you are pleased with them and would like another pair or two let me know. We can work something out, I don't want anything for them and might even cover the shipping if it's cheap enough. It'll just be glasses though as the batteries were dead on arrival and I'm not sure if I'm using other glasses yet.

[quote name='KyleN']Same here--already sent e-mail but calling at 10am EST when they open.

UPDATE: Had me re-place order for Spider-Man and call them--will credit back difference once it ships.

UPDATE 2: Reorder was also canceled--they told me having an issue with Spider-Man's getting canceled. Also said I wouldn't be able to use coupon on pre-order, so had them cancel with other blu-ray b/c that's the only reason I ordered it. Will just wait for a deal on spider-man or maybe try calling on friday once it's no longer a pre-order[/QUOTE]

I actually got them to fix my order, it shows as In Progress again. The CSR told me a number of people had called, and that they had a list of people who were cancelled. She said it should ship today, by expedited shipping.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I've been searching for really good/cheap DLP Link glasses ever since the 3D adapter came out for my 65" Mitsubishi DLP. I've been through a lot of glasses on ebay. Up to this point my overall favorite were TrueDepth 3D, comfortable fit, decent image, rechargeable, but there was always slight ghosting at the opposing edges of the screen. Ghosting of the far left side of the screen in the right eye, and vice versa. It wasn't too much of a distraction because I was focused in the center of the screen while gaming but at $60 for a single pair I wasn't even considering buying more, although I always had that nagging "what if something happens to them" in the back of my mind.

Recently I posted a deal on XpanD X102s, which I myself purchased. 4 pairs of glasses for less than one pair of TrueDepths and I've always heard such great things about XpanDs. Wow, was I surprised. Those glasses sucked ... bad! They cast this dark blueish hue, had extreme ghosting, arrived with dead batteries inside, and lost sync during under certain conditions, I'll get to that later. I was able to get replacement glasses and batteries from XpanD for the syncing and battery issues but the color cast and extreme ghosting was stil very much prevalent in the newer revision replacements. So now I have 8 pairs of glasses that still suck. :lol:

Previous to getting the XpanDs I had experienced the syncing issues, shifting colors with the eventual loss of sync, with other glasses while playing Uncharted 3, specifically the beginning of Chapter 18 - The Rub' al Khali. So in turn this has become my test for any new glasses I buy, the TrueDepth 3D and an older pair of no name box-framed glasses I have get through this without issue.

So after being disappointed with both revisions of the XpanDs and being back to only having one really good pair of DLP Link glasses, I went back to ebay to see if there were any new glasses that looked decent enough to try. I had bought some SainSonics previously and really liked how they looked and fit but they had the same syncing issues. So I found some cheap SainSonics, a different model, for $20(+$3 S&H) but I really didn't want to deal with the hassle if they didn't work out right and then I saw these ...

$(KGrHqZ,!i4FBYzSew)HBQd+54WMFw~~60_3.JPG

... at $24 I had to buy them! :bouncy:

So I got them last night and have hardly put them through their paces, only about a half hour of Skyrim really late last night and the Uncharted test a few times first thing this morning. They fit and feel great, very light-weight, and comfortable on the nose, more like passive glasses than active glasses. They do feel a little cheap but from what I've seen so far optically they are far superior to my TrueDepths, I didn't see any ghosting on my setup whatsoever. I had to turn my head almost to the point where my eye wasn't even looking through the lens anymore. The only issue I had so far was with polarity and that was during the Uncharted test, when the screen washes out and fades back in they seem to lose sync very quickly and sometimes this swap eyes on you, easily remedied by tapping the power button to swap polarity. Aside from that they worked flawlessly during the test, no shifting colors or loss of sync. I'll definitely have to test them out more extensively to see if other things trigger the eye swapping, which would really suck for people that aren't used to 3D and can't tell it's reversed because it can cause quite an eyestrain.

I've been meaning to post something about the extra XpanDs I have, I have 4 pairs of X102SUEs. If anyone is using them, you are pleased with them and would like another pair or two let me know. We can work something out, I don't want anything for them and might even cover the shipping if it's cheap enough. It'll just be glasses though as the batteries were dead on arrival and I'm not sure if I'm using other glasses yet.[/QUOTE]

The X102SUEs I got about 6 months are terrible too, so it's not just you. I had X102SUDs before that (well I still have 3) and they are just fine (aside from the terrible battery life compared to what is advertised).. Not sure what they changed besides the color (my SUDs are red), but it was not a change for the better.

I think I have the same Xpands you guys are referring too. Was it the deal for two pair at $25 from Newegg about six months ago? If so, I agree they are kind of terrible. I think once I calibrated my projector to account for the insane darkness of the lenses, they looked pretty good, yet the 3D wasn't as deep or noticeable as my Ultraclears. They also weigh about 17 lbs each and the batteries are ridiculous.

I prefer them for 2.35:1 material for some reason, but 90% of the time I will use my ultraclears.

I think I'll give those ebay glasses a shot. I'm always looking to improve the 3D on my setup.
Thanks

I have yet to find a comfortable pair of 3D glasss. Although, I only have the 2010 Samsung version and the Sony PS3 ones. Both suck for comfort.
Suggestions?

[quote name='doubledown']I have yet to find a comfortable pair of 3D glasss. Although, I only have the 2010 Samsung version and the Sony PS3 ones. Both suck for comfort.
Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Wish I could help, the ones I mentioned in the post above are DLP Link but they are the most comfortable glasses I've bought so far. Before those the best ones I've found fit like safety glasses but these are like eye glasses, light-weight with two independent rubber nose rests. Unfortunately at the slightest loss of signal/sync there's a 50/50 chance of the stereo being swapped and they don't like it when you look away for a few seconds or if there's really bright flashes of light like when a dragon was flambéing my ass in Skyrim last night. I'm going to try adding a layer of tape or window tint and see if that helps. I think this is the closest I've come to finding the perfect glasses, cheap, light-weight, comfortable, great image.

I don't know if these would work with your setup. Sainsonic but the DLP version with that frame were decent, you could probably find them cheaper on eBay.

So, no deals on BRAVE...odd. I may get the Lunchbox from Best Buy. I could probably EBAY it or something to recup the cost for the $2 premium..

[quote name='doubledown']So, no deals on BRAVE...odd. I may get the Lunchbox from Best Buy. I could probably EBAY it or something to recup the cost for the $2 premium..[/QUOTE]

How much would you sell it for. Pm me.

These were ripped from blu-ray.com forums post by cinemaphile from the upcoming Best Buy ad.

$19.99
John Carter
Cars 2
Lion King
Toy Story 3
Tangled
Tron: Legacy

$14.99
Prometheus
I, Robot
Titanic
Immortals
The Lorax

[quote name='doubledown']I have yet to find a comfortable pair of 3D glasss. Although, I only have the 2010 Samsung version and the Sony PS3 ones. Both suck for comfort.
Suggestions?[/QUOTE]
I took some tin snips (wire cutters) to the ends of my Sony Ps3 models. Cut off at least an inch off each end to compinsate for my enormous melon!!

Prometheus price "guaranteeing" (possible that wk?). Else just gonna have return/rebuy.

(unless this is the worse deal wig version), MAD3 already $20...with $8 HMM For Rise of the Guardians

[quote name='edison']These were ripped from blu-ray.com forums post by cinemaphile from the upcoming Best Buy ad.

$19.99
John Carter
Cars 2
Lion King
Toy Story 3
Tangled
Tron: Legacy

$14.99
Prometheus
I, Robot
Titanic
Immortals
The Lorax[/QUOTE]

Titanic and Lorax for me. Thx

[quote name='trunks982']hows abraham lincoln?[/QUOTE]

It was better than I expected--wasn't the typical way-too-dark Tim Burton film. 3D was decent--uses a lot of depth. Picture is really clear--can even see the dust blowing around in the room (tho I suspect this may have been added for effect).

[quote name='KyleN']It was better than I expected--wasn't the typical way-too-dark Tim Burton film. 3D was decent--uses a lot of depth. Picture is really clear--can even see the dust blowing around in the room (tho I suspect this may have been added for effect).[/QUOTE]

cool. thanks. i'll pick it up this sunday along with The lorax 3D. $14.99 is such a great price for 3D movies but i will have to skip titanic.

bread's done
Back