3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 + $10 credit @ Amazon (Matched Gamestop) now DEAD

mission42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I have been watching this lately wanting to order it and it had been sitting at $36.99 on Amazon. Today they must have decided to finally match Gamestop and the $29.99 deal with a $10 credit for a future video game purchase. I was able to use my $20 credit from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and get it for $9.99 plus a $10 credit too! Glad Amazon finally matched this. :applause:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J45C/

After searching I see this is posted in the Amazon GC Deal topic but I thought it deserved it's own, if you think I'm wrong, well too bad, better it's posted multiple times so people can see it than buried inside another topic someone might not see. :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, thanks OP! After Gamestop.com fucked my order twice, I hoped this would be matched on Amazon.

3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 + $10 credit @ Amazon (Matched Gamestop)

201813_1236793549721_full.jpg

#timingiseverything #sevendollarlesson #patience #illgetoverit

Can anyone that has already had it ship confirm when the promotional credit from 3D Dot Game Heroes will expire?
I don't want spring unless I get an 'extension' from my current SMG2 $20 credit . . .

Just a little FYI, I purchased my copy last night when it was still $36.99. Today when it dropped I decided to shoot them an e-mail because I figured it couldn't hurt. They are refunding my account the $7 difference. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but I thought I would give people a heads up.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh I hate this, I see a PS3 game for a good price and then I want to buy it and I know if I buy it I'll go to play it and then realize the console that I want to play it on has the worst controller ever and the worst interface ever and I'll never touch it.
Man I hate this, don't know if I'm going to bite or not, I keep on buying PS3 games and then never opening them because I don't want to play them on the console.[/QUOTE]
Take your sad little fanboy shit somewhere else.

Nice! Got this for free after using $30 in video game promo credit. Glad to get another $10 credit to continue the cycle. :D

Been waiting for this one! Used my SMG2 credit. Been loving these game credit promotions. Especially on Amazon. Let the PM war continue!

[quote name='sadakou']I am not very familiar with Amazon game credit and I was wondering if I ordered this and ANOTHER game that is offering $10 credit at the same time (same shopping cart), would I get 2 separate $10 codes or would they just ship both games and only give me 1 code?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

You only get 1 credit per order. I recently made the exact same mistake, I ordered Super Street Fighter 4, and mario kart expecting 2 credits and only got one. It says it about half way down the page between the product description and the top of the page. Just make your orders separate. Fortunately I was able to turn around and sell my copy of SSF4 to gs immediately afterwards for 32 with the bonus 50% trade in! yay profit!

[quote name='johnsonnguyen3']gotta love the recycling $10 game credit.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, I hope this goes on forever.

Bought it from GS for $21 with another $10 game credit and gained another one.
I just need to use my GS $10 game credit and then I'll jump on the amazon bandwagon.

[quote name='lassiterb']Ha, after seeing this thread, I decided to fire off an e-mail to Amazon as I preordered 3d Dot Game Heroes and have heard of people getting refunds in situations like this. I sent the following e-mail:

I pre-ordered 3d Dot Game Heroes for PS3 back in February from Amazon, and it shipped out in May. I have not yet opened the game, and now notice that the exact game is now 10.00 cheaper, and also comes with a 10.00 video game credit on a future order. Could my order be price-adjusted to reflect the new price (or at least the 10.00 promotional credit) or do I actually have to go through the process of returning my unopened copy to Amazon and then ordering another? I am now questioning pre-ordering more games on Amazon, as it seems that you can get a much better price if you wait until after a game comes out.

Thanks in advance,
I just sent them an email too.

Just then, I received the following e-mail:
Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the 3D Dot Game Heroes you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on May 10 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy to honor the $10.00 promotional offer, and I've requested a refund of $10.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete.

SCORE! I'm not sure if they meant they were giving me the 10.00 credit AND refunding 10.00 to my card, or if the 10.00 promotion would be refunded to my card. What do youse guys think?[/QUOTE]
I just sent them an email too.

[quote name='glemtvapen']Bought it from GS for $21 with another $10 game credit and gained another one.
I just need to use my GS $10 game credit and then I'll jump on the amazon bandwagon.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have no idea what to use them on. I could use my 20$ SMG2 credit and get it for 10$. Im getting another one from UC2 too. I guess ill use them to get some games below 20$ in the near future. Really want to pull the trigger on 3D Dot Heroes for 20$, but I already have plenty to play. Everytime I try to get out, they keep pulling me back in!!!

[quote name='verstat']Oh and a heads up to all the people who wanted the game on release date and ordered it from Amazon. I talked with CS today and they said the $10 gaming credit should show up on your account even if you ordered it back then.[/QUOTE]I'd like to know about this too.

I got it release day, they gave me credit for it. All I did was ask, they said they don't do that but for appreciation of my business they would honor the current deal for me.

[quote name='eau']I just sent them an email too.[/QUOTE]

They only gave me the $10 promotional credit, and not a refund of $10.... grrr

[quote name='mitnosi']I got it release day, they gave me credit for it. All I did was ask, they said they don't do that but for appreciation of my business they would honor the current deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Credit for what? Just the $10 GC or both the 10 refund and a $10 GC?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Credit for what? Just the $10 GC or both the 10 refund and a $10 GC?[/QUOTE]
Just game credit, I'm not pushing the matter further.

[quote name='mitnosi']Just game credit, I'm not pushing the matter further.[/QUOTE]

I got the gaming credit too... but both would be awesome. Blah- you are probably right though... they didn't have to give me anything.... so why push them. It still makes me a sad panda and now I know not to buy things day 1 unless they come with a GC like Super Mario Galaxy 2 did (20 GC).

[quote name='Azazael13']how long is an Amazon game credit good for? I thought someone had said they were only good for like 2 months.[/QUOTE]
No clue here man, I spend em when I get em.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I got the gaming credit too... but both would be awesome. Blah- you are probably right though... they didn't have to give me anything.... so why push them. It still makes me a sad panda and now I know not to buy things day 1 unless they come with a GC like Super Mario Galaxy 2 did (20 GC).[/QUOTE]

Hey flame, ain't that the truth :lol: I pre-ordered FFXIII, GoW Collection, SSFIV etc... All of them price dropped within few weeks. Too late to price adjust and a pain to return (factoring return fee, i'm not saving much).

So, i got smart, for games i know i won't miss out, like 3D Dot, i waited... I waited till opportunity like this one and bang, got it for $29.99 with $10 credit (the credit is to be seen, i almost never get the e-mail automatically, i have to contact them to get it).

Well...N41. I never heard of this game so I went to watch the review on IGN and OMG, major nostalgia to my early years of playing Zelda.

[quote name='Azazael13']how long is an Amazon game credit good for? I thought someone had said they were only good for like 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Really depends for instance I got FF13 and GOW3 both of which came out within a week of each other and GOW3 credit was good till 4/30/10(1 month and half time) while FF13 is good until June 30th(almost 4 months). Really it varies but a month and half is the shortest period I have seen.

wow, amazon and gamestop are just going at it in the price wars! i ordered from gamestop last week, and even though it was 'backordered' at the time, i still received it on monday! and the $10 coupon was e-mailed to me already as well so i can't really complain! i can't wait to play this badboy!

I emailed them twice and called them twice before they partially matched my pre-order copy for me. They only gave me a $5 credit and no price adjustment.

Come to think of it again, it's more of a STFU than a match.

Those of you who got a $10 credit, or even a $10 credit + refund for your pre-order copy, you lucky bastards ;)

[quote name='eau']I emailed them twice and called them twice before they partially matched my pre-order copy for me. They only gave me a $5 credit and no price adjustment.

Come to think of it again, it's more of a STFU than a match.

Those of you who got a $10 credit, or even a $10 credit + refund for your pre-order copy, you lucky bastards ;)[/QUOTE]

Damn. I guess I really shouldn't push it!

Looks like it's on backorder now and the price they're showing is for one of the alternate vendors (although I'd guess you can still get in on the $29.99 price; it just won't ship 'til forever and a day).

Kinda glad I ordered before bed last night instead of waiting until I got up this morning.

Just curious, those who ordered through this promotion and got the $10 gaming credit. When does the credit expire?

I sent them an email and they told me that because I already have a $10 future game credit in my account, from another purchase, that they couldn't put another one.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I sent them an email and they told me that because I already have a $10 future game credit in my account, from another purchase, that they couldn't put another one.[/QUOTE]
What? You ordered this while the promo was active, right? Why wouldn't they give you the $10 credit per the promo?

The existing $10 credit from another purchase should have no bearing on this new $10 credit promo, unless they are confused or somehow treat both the same promotion.

Just reply back telling them that the credit came from another promotion and shouldn't have any effect on this one whatsoever.

Or better yet try calling them.

[quote name='Bulrog']The price is now $38.99.[/QUOTE]
That is from a different seller. You can still buy from amazon though it is listed at 1-3 weeks.

[quote name='Qwertykeys']That is from a different seller. You can still buy from amazon though it is listed at 1-3 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Wow quick responses, thanks for the heads up, my bad.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I sent them an email and they told me that because I already have a $10 future game credit in my account, from another purchase, that they couldn't put another one.[/QUOTE]

I already had a $10 promo in my account (Glory of Heracles)... but they still gave me another $10 promo. Is there anyway I can check to make sure I have $20 worth of promo codes?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I already had a $10 promo in my account (Glory of Heracles)... but they still gave me another $10 promo. Is there anyway I can check to make sure I have $20 worth of promo codes?[/QUOTE]You can go through with an order to the second to last step. There, under payment, you'll see one or two check boxes for your credit. You can also go through to the next step, before you submit your order to see what the breakdown looks like.

And I didn't order 3DDGH during the promo. I sent off an email trying to get a possible discount applied or the future game credit since I got the game last week. Thought it was worth a shot and wasn't expecting much but the reasoning in the answer is what surprised me. Oh well.

[quote name='dino88']Take your sad little fanboy shit somewhere else.[/QUOTE]
Oh did I hurt your wittle bittle feelings?

Tell you what, feel free to unsubscribe to my monthly newsletter so I wont have to worry about your fragile little feelings. I'd hate to make one of my readers so sad.

I was just saying what my situation was, obviously it makes you too emotional and I don't want to deal with it, avoid my posts from now on please.

If you are refusing to play this game cause of the controller or controls or what ever it is, you are missing out on a awesome piece of gaming. Hell I didn't mind spending the $40 bucks for it cause it truly is a great and fun game. Anybody that wants to relieve there child hood and use to play Legend of Zelda, this is the game to do it and it does do it for me.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh did I hurt your wittle bittle feelings?

Tell you what, feel free to unsubscribe to my monthly newsletter so I wont have to worry about your fragile little feelings. I'd hate to make one of my readers so sad.

I was just saying what my situation was, obviously it makes you too emotional and I don't want to deal with it, avoid my posts from now on please.[/QUOTE]

Don't come back and chew others out when your post was nothing more than a blog post. Instead of whining about it outloud just shut your fucking mouth.

[quote name='robodaddyo']You can go through with an order to the second to last step. There, under payment, you'll see one or two check boxes for your credit. You can also go through to the next step, before you submit your order to see what the breakdown looks like.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I actually did get a $10 credit as a 'one time exception.' Sweet!

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Don't come back and chew others out when your post was nothing more than a blog post. Instead of whining about it outloud just shut your fucking mouth.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah just like everyone else is perfectly on topic

Look your feelings are hurt I understand, you want to lash out at me because I "insulted" your BluRay player. I'll be careful about toaster commentary, that might REALLY tick you two off.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh yeah just like everyone else is perfectly on topic

Look your feelings are hurt I understand, you want to lash out at me because I "insulted" your BluRay player. I'll be careful about toaster commentary, that might REALLY tick you two off.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is you're an idiot and you've proven yourself to be nothing more than a troll. You've spent the last 5 pages talking about how you own a PS3 but you refuse to play great games on it because you hate the controller. If you hate the controller, why do you have a fucking PS3? Moreover, why do you keep buying fucking games for it. So you can whine about how you would play them if only the controller didn't suck? Get over your damn self. No one cares.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh did I hurt your wittle bittle feelings?

I was just saying what my situation was, obviously it makes you too emotional and I don't want to deal with it, avoid my posts from now on please.[/QUOTE]

The only thing you've done since you've started posting in this thread (for a PS3 exclusive game) is trash the PS3. You are nothing but a troll. No one's feelings are hurt, we just pity you. We have enough brain cells to understand that a gaming system is just that, a system to play games on. We don't need to bash one system to feel better about the other. No one in here was discussing PS3 vs XBox vs Wii vs PC. You know why? Because there's no fucking reason to in this thread. The only way your fanboy antics would make sense is if you worked for Microsoft. Now we all know that isn't the case, as you'd be lucky to make minimum wage given your level of maturity.

What you see as our feelings being hurt is only pity for your ignorant ass. Go complain to the kids selling lemonade down the street, they might be more on your level.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh yeah just like everyone else is perfectly on topic

Look your feelings are hurt I understand, you want to lash out at me because I "insulted" your BluRay player. I'll be careful about toaster commentary, that might REALLY tick you two off.[/QUOTE]

Yea, my feelings are so hurt.:roll: Tell you what, save the ;_; for your blog the next time someone calls you out on your meaningless posts.

Help a brother out, don't fill up topics with your whiny rhetoric.

Thanks

It boggles my mind everytime someone says the PS3 has the worst controller. Are you kidding me? The DualShock is a piece of art. I've never played with a better controller and I've been playing since the NES.

bread's done
Back