3DS eShop Deals - 3/28: Natsume Sale/Resident Evil/Sega 3D Classics Sales, $10 EOU, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Here's your one-stop thread for all of the newest deals for 3DS eShop games.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET on the day listed.

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Some of the links below offer this.

On Sale

3D After Burner II - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Ecco the Dolphin - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Game Collection - $4.99 - 16% Off - Ends 3/31

3D Gunstar Heroes - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Outrun - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Space Harrier - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Streets of Rage - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Streets of Rage 2 - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Super Hang-On - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

4 Elements - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

A-Train 3D: City Simulator - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Aqua Moto Racing 3D - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - $4.99 - 83% Off - Ends 4/18

Azada - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/30

Azure Striker Gunvolt - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/1

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/18

Brave Tank Hero - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Castle Conqueror Defender - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/4
Crazy Kangaroo - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Darts Up 3D - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/21

Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/18

Epic Word Search Collection - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Escape From Zombie City - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/4

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight - $39.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/4

Fantasy Pirates - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/7

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove Mini - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Glory of Generals: The Pacific - $3.99 - 42% Off - Ends 3/31

Goosebumps: The Game - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/18

Gotcha Racing - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Hazumi - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Hidden Expedition Titanic - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Hometown Story - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey in Suburbs #1 - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 4/14

Jewel Quest 4 Heritage - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Jewel Quest 6: The Sapphire Dragon - $4.99 - 16% Off - Ends 6/30

Johnny's Payday Panic - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

League of Heroes - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 48% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Luxor - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Monster Shooter - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds - $4.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Owners of Mutant Mudds Only

Mystery Case Files Dire Grove - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhearst - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Ninja Battle Heroes - $2.10 - 29% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31 - Cross Buy

Parking Star 3D - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Pick-A-Gem - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Pix3D - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Quell Reflect - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Rage of the Gladiator - $2.99 - 57% Off - Ends 3/31

Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Reel Fishing Paradise 3D - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Resident Evil Revelations - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Runny Egg - $1.39 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Rytmik Ultimate - $9.99 - 44% Off - Ends 3/31

Secret Agent Files: Miami - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Secret Mysteries in New York - $2.99 - Ends 6/30

Smash Cat Heroes - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Soccer Up 3D - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/21

Soccer Up Online - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

SpeedX 3D - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/31

SpongeBob HeroPants - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/30

Stella Glow - $39.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/4 

Toys vs Monsters - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 4/7

Van Helsing sniper Zx100 - $2.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/7

Yumi's Odd Odyssey - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cross Buy Games
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99 - Opposing Platform's Code on Receipt
OlliOlli - $9.99
Woah Dave! - $4.99
Xeodrifter - $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I'm on board with Gunman Clive 2. The first one was novel and interesting, and yeah, I get that they're cheap, but time is not cheap, and I have come to wonder whether it might be better to pay more and make better use of my time. Just when the second one starts to rise above the first by being weird, you get to some very very repetetive levels. That damn panda level, I must have tried 30 times now and kind of give up. I should have just replayed the first game, or played Mega Man X.

No one is talking about Conception baby-making game? I have to admit I keep considering getting it.
I've played a bit of the 3DS demo and all of the Vita demo (they're different; the Vita demo is the beginning of the game, while the 3DS one is just sort of cherry-picked bits and pieces mashed together).

[customspoiler="Wall-o-text demo review, because reasons."]
The thing I felt most while playing through what I did was discomfort. I mean, it's a discomfort that will make you laugh, but the procreation innuendo and awkward dialogue, not to mention the way it presents cutscenes for "classmating" (what they call "Star Child" creation) is... definitely a bit strange. The fact that you can catch the male best friend character essentially trying to peep on classmating after you do it with his older sister is... sort of weird. (I think the fact that I had just classmated with his sister was completely coincidental and I would have run into him at that point in time no matter who I had classmated with, but still...) And (while I understand this is nitpicky, keep in mind it's sort of icing on the cake of awkwardness at this point) the way boobs shake around, both in the 3D models and 2D character portraits, feels overmuch. Actually, the 2D character portraits (male and female) move around in a way that's meant to simulate a relaxed stance (I guess), but is really just uncanny valley levels of weird. Please don't misunderstand this as some sort of condemnation of sexually-charged content—I've enjoyed what I played of Akiba'sTrip so far, and that's not in spite of that particular can of worms; and Conception II isn't even all that sexually charged. It just gets a little... creepy in its attempts to make the girls moe (and even in unrelated features).

The gameplay was boring, really. In spite of the unique party formation concept and the sort of interesting ideas it has on battle formation and field movement, it winds up being a wash; neither concept is developed far enough to have a real impact on how fights feel compared to other JRPGs, and those (and a few other complications that don't really seem to have much actual effect on battle) aside, it's almost stock turn-based fare. Dungeon exploration is a blatant rip off of Persona 3, while actually feeling much worse—the dungeons I encountered in the demos were small rooms with one to four enemy groups connected by enemy-free hallways. They were mostly one-way from the room you start in to the room that takes you to the next floor (with some dungeon floors featuring a single offshoot to a treasure room). Each floor starts you in a room with a warp point out of the dungeon (and you can start from the deepest floor you'd reached the next time you enter), and ends in a room with a warp point to the next floor. Outside of dungeons, you're confined to a few points of interest in the city, each exclusively associated with specific activities—dorm rooms (party management), school (relationship sim), church (classmating), etc.

The relationship sim aspect is even more VN style than Persona 3/4's. So far as I noticed in the demo, there were no real stats to manage, except for BP (bond points), which you earn through the relationship sim, and spend by making Star Children or to perform certain special attacks in the dungeons; BP seems to increase the amount by which spending time with the girls (outside of dungeons) and making the "right" decisions in their cutscenes will raise their affection for you. To start out (as shown in the Vita demo), the interactions with the girls are very simplistic: they're short, not very interesting, and generally only have one dialogue choice for the player to make (between three options), and which one will make the girl happiest (and which will make her upset) seems almost random. (For instance, in the first cutscene with a shy girl named Narika who gets swamped with student council work because she can't say no to people, when she asks you why you've come to see her, you have a choice between saying "I came by to see how you were doing," "I came by to fire you up," and "I came by to say hi." The first option is the negative one, the second is the neutral choice, and the third is positive. BECAUSE REASONS. And in the cutscene itself, she reacts almost the same way to each choice, so you actually have to look at her stats to see whether her affection/mood has improved or not afterwards.) Later "dating" events seem lengthier and the relationship between answer and reaction seem more reasonable, though this is just judging by the events shown in the 3DS demo; I have no idea what sort of balance between the two is struck in the full game.

The story is... pretty generic animu/JRPG. The premise is that dungeons that spawn monsters have popped up all over the world, and the only person who can enter them is you, the protagonist, because you're God's Gift.

They actually call you that to avoid having to use your customizable name in voiced dialogue. They even shorten it to GG sometimes, which confused me at first because I was thinking "this is decidedly not a good game."

Anyway, because you can maintain a field of positive energy (or whatever they call it in game, I can't remember), which is necessary to fight in these dungeons because they lack that energy, thanks to you, the world's elite fighting force, composed of people who have the ability to create star children, can finally enter these dungeons with you to strike at the source of the evil. Of course, only high schoolers have the ability to produce star children and fight against the monsters the dungeons create, BECAUSE REASONS. (Don't get me wrong; some of my favorite stories are about teenagers and children fighting battles that you'd expect adults to be better at; it's just it gets me a little when the writers pull some excuse for it out of whole cloth because they can't actually think of a good reason why the story should revolve around teenagers.) The rest of the plot, up to the end of the Vita demo, pretty much unfolds as you'd expect. Assuming you've read a few manga, watched a few anime, or played a few Japanese games, you'll know exactly what the characters are going to do before they do, and whether or not they'll be successful.

Characterization is pretty much as you'd expect—everybody is fairly stock and generic, though they fulfill the roles they're put in with varying degrees of satisfaction. My favorite character was Chlotz, who fills the "useless best friend" role. Like all other men in the game, his role is essentially just to stand around impotently while you stride atop the world like the God('s Gift) you are, but he's sort of a lovable doofus—a sort of cross between a clod and a klutz, which is why I like his name so much. I feel like you may be NTRing him, though, since the first romance option you meet is his childhood friend and another one is his older sister. The main character, unusually for this kind of game, is not a silent protagonist, but he may as well be. He has all the personality of styrofoam packing peanuts—the only thing you can really say about him one way or another seems to be "he's sort of genial."

The writing is, as I mentioned before, kind of creepy at times, but otherwise not bad. It's not that good, but it wasn't making me wince, and I wince easy.[/customspoiler]

To tl;dr, my overall impression was that the game was pretty bad—in fact, quite close to the line between "just bad" and "so bad it's good." I think which side of that line it falls on really depends on how tolerant you are of its stock JRPG mechanics, stock characters, and poor storytelling; and especially on whether you can laugh at the sort of awkward creepiness inherent in the game. The "dating sim" aspect really seems like it might be the most solid part of the game, but whether you'll enjoy that may depend on how quickly it can drag itself out of the mire that is the beginning and reach the level present in the 3DS demo "bonding events"—which weren't spectacular or anything, but hint at the general tone being entertaining. And going for a harem, if possible, or even just a specific girl will likely be a tedious affair of save-scumming (or looking up FAQs online).

No one is talking about Conception baby-making game? I have to admit I keep considering getting it.

I considered it until I tried the demo. Kinda meh.
I played the Vita demo and then some of the full Vita version, so I can't say my impressions would apply completely, but I figure they are about the same game.

I was really excited for this one--a Sci-Fi JRPG on handhelds that had a ton of emphasis on the J part. The demo left me feeling pretty disappointed. The battle system seemed to have very little depth, the characters were pretty terrible, and almost every line of the dialogue was hard to stomach. I even ended up buying a used copy of the game while I was living in a hotel hoping maybe a fresh perspective would make me appreciate it more, and... No. It didn't. It seemed right up my alley and honestly it was really disappointing.

I'm not sure I'm on board with Gunman Clive 2. The first one was novel and interesting, and yeah, I get that they're cheap, but time is not cheap, and I have come to wonder whether it might be better to pay more and make better use of my time. Just when the second one starts to rise above the first by being weird, you get to some very very repetetive levels. That damn panda level, I must have tried 30 times now and kind of give up. I should have just replayed the first game, or played Mega Man X.
Well he doesn't have to buy that but I think we're all trying to get him to buy something that isn't a turd just to have an even amount.

Gunman Clive 2 is awesome. I'm not sure why you're not enjoying it.

The Panda level isn't that hard, and I never felt my death's were the game's fault. Give it another chance, please. ;)

Well, yes, but that's not what I was reacting to. That was because you were asking for impressions of a game immediately after four people posted their impressions.
Nobody reads on the internet, because everybody thinks that their question is special and unique, and they deserve special attention for thinking of it.

Gunman Clive 2 is awesome. I'm not sure why you're not enjoying it.

The Panda level isn't that hard, and I never felt my death's were the game's fault. Give it another chance, please. ;)
I definitely will eventually. I still think this game is only popular because it's cheap, though, and I still think the Panda level has problems. :) Would be a pretty darn cute level otherwise, but holy hell, how many times do I have to watch a massive sawblade cut through me and the panda?

Conception II - Mediocre dungeon crawler. The further in the game you get, the more explicit the classmating is, despite it not being actual sex. One of the good things is no random encounters. Bad thing is, it's mediocre all around (from story, to "ecchi", to combat).

Played on the Vita though, not 3DS.

I will maintain Gunman Clive 2 is worse than the first just because it's so full of new gimmicks, none of which are done all that well. Still worth the money though.

The panda level is kinda sucky, I will admit.

As far as Conception goes, I have heard almost nothing good about it. JRPGs are a terrible grindy genre in general so I don't usually play them. Still, the folks I hang out with, folks who will laugh at you if you are bothered by deviant, tawdry, or degenerate pandering in games,  could not find some hidden gameplay quality or anything nice to say about it.

I definitely will eventually. I still think this game is only popular because it's cheap, though, and I still think the Panda level has problems. :) Would be a pretty darn cute level otherwise, but holy hell, how many times do I have to watch a massive sawblade cut through me and the panda?
I think its ''popular'' 'cause its a high quality game that's only $3.

Are you pressing right on the d-pad to run faster with the panda? That helps to escape the blade.

I think its ''popular'' 'cause its a high quality game that's only $3.

Are you pressing right on the d-pad to run faster with the panda? That helps to escape the blade.
Yep, pressing right for all my might.

Quality is somewhat relative. If it cost $10, we might sing a different tune. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, just don't think it's quite worth the hooplah.

Thank you all for your impressions of Conception. I thought the demo was interesting, but I wasn't super in love. The combat was a little odd, but I was intriguied by the weirdness of classmating. May get it down the road.

About to apply the screen protector on my New 3DSXL! :whee:

Thank you all for your impressions of Conception. I thought the demo was interesting, but I wasn't super in love. The combat was a little odd, but I was intriguied by the weirdness of classmating. May get it down the road.

About to apply the screen protector on my New 3DSXL! :whee:
No bubbles, no bubbles!!!!!! I need to apply mine myself....the Hori one is easy to apply at least. I agree about Conception 2.....it's almost too easy and classmating is weird. There also isn't any penalty and taking all the girls to a certain level (you get 3 actions after a dungeon go) so there is no urgency. Pretty average game overall though I loved the graphics....played on the Vita. Just not much game behind it.

No bubbles, no bubbles!!!!!! I need to apply mine myself....the Hori one is easy to apply at least. I agree about Conception 2.....it's almost too easy and classmating is weird. There also isn't any penalty and taking all the girls to a certain level (you get 3 actions after a dungeon go) so there is no urgency. Pretty average game overall though I loved the graphics....played on the Vita. Just not much game behind it.
I put the screen protector on it before I even began a system transfer. It was a brand I have never gotten before, Illumisheild. I've always used Hori, but other brands give you more than one screen protector in the package in case you screw up. Illumishield gave THREE for each screen! I messed up my first screen (there was lint that magically teleported inside), but the overall experience was great. The little card they send with the package got all my air bubbles out perfectly. I have not one single bubble. Really happy.

Here's a link to what I got.

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-Protector-Anti-Bubble-Anti-Fingerprint-Invisible-Replacement/dp/B00C80V6I0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424076442&sr=8-1&keywords=illumishield+3ds

What are you folks doing to your poor systems that you need screen protectors?  I've had three 3DSes, two DS Lites, a DS Phat, too many Game Boy Advance SPs and GBAs to count, Game Boy Pockets and original Game Boys (I guess I am just focusing on Nintendo hardware here) and have never had a screen scratch.  I've definitely seen units with scratches, but I've always wondered how it happens.

Are there any good shooters on 3DS?  No, no--I don't mean first-person shooters or third-person shooters or twin stick shooters.  I mean like the good old top down or left to right pew pew games.

I've got Gradius and it's absurdly hard, Fantasy Zone which is also hard, Twinbee (the power-up system baffles me), Xevious...  Maybe that is all I have.  And they are frankly all way too hard for me.  I wanted to get that Recca game, but if these are too hard, that one definitely will be!

Oh yeah, and I have Paul's Shooting Adventure on DSiWare which makes a very firm run towards the "worst game I've ever played in my life" award.  :)

What are you folks doing to your poor systems that you need screen protectors? I've had three 3DSes, two DS Lites, a DS Phat, too many Game Boy Advance SPs and GBAs to count, Game Boy Pockets and original Game Boys (I guess I am just focusing on Nintendo hardware here) and have never had a screen scratch. I've definitely seen units with scratches, but I've always wondered how it happens.
Mostly don't want to be caught off-guard if a Ouendan-like appears. That and residue from small children is easier to deal with on a protector than the screen itself. Probably overkill, but once you're in the habit it's hard to break.

What are you folks doing to your poor systems that you need screen protectors? I've had three 3DSes, two DS Lites, a DS Phat, too many Game Boy Advance SPs and GBAs to count, Game Boy Pockets and original Game Boys (I guess I am just focusing on Nintendo hardware here) and have never had a screen scratch. I've definitely seen units with scratches, but I've always wondered how it happens.
Usually, it's someone else using it that scratches it. However, after using one of my DSes for like 500 hours or something around those lines, there were marks you can see in the right light. They weren't scratches, but wear and tear.

Also, I'm a lot less careful with a screen protector on. I'll wipe it with my shirt or whatever if there are smudges, just because I know it won't harm the screen.

Are there any good shooters on 3DS? No, no--I don't mean first-person shooters or third-person shooters or twin stick shooters. I mean like the good old top down or left to right pew pew games.
Legend of Dark Witch is a Mega Man-esque platformer. Technically that's a left-to-right pew pew game.

The 3DS scratches the hell out of its own screens due to shitty design and build quality. It's an absolute necessity for me. I don't do anything other than put it in my pocket as I go out every day.

The 3DS scratches the hell out of its own screens due to shitty design and build quality. It's an absolute necessity for me. I don't do anything other than put it in my pocket as I go out every day.
You transport it in your pocket, with nothing to protect it ?? You're a loose canon Frisky !! :)

If I ever take mine out I put it in a hard case. I must admit I was wondering why so many people need screen protectors, maybe mine it's not a very well used 3DS XL. Agree though that the build quality is not great, apparently it's better on the new ones.

Here are the new deals for today:

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/9

Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/9

Are there any good shooters on 3DS? No, no--I don't mean first-person shooters or third-person shooters or twin stick shooters. I mean like the good old top down or left to right pew pew games.

I've got Gradius and it's absurdly hard, Fantasy Zone which is also hard, Twinbee (the power-up system baffles me), Xevious... Maybe that is all I have. And they are frankly all way too hard for me. I wanted to get that Recca game, but if these are too hard, that one definitely will be!

Oh yeah, and I have Paul's Shooting Adventure on DSiWare which makes a very firm run towards the "worst game I've ever played in my life" award. :)
Contra 4, which is a DS game is pretty fun. Contra and Super C are included as an extra bonus. Alien Infestation is also a lot of fun.

Not sure how tough it is to find those though.

Here are the new deals for today:

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/9

Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/9
That Olaf game must be awesome. It STILL has a trade value of $8 at Gamestop.

Steel Empire is okay, but not worth the inflated price. I remember liking that one well enough on the Genesis, where it was first released.

I got a scratch on my original DS from playing Nintendogs. You use the stylus a ton in that game, for everything. When I saw I had a scratch, I got a screen protector and have always had them since.

Also, if I didn't have a screen protector, I would never let anyone else touch my 3DS.

Yeah, back when I first got my DSi, there was an accident and I got a little scratch on it. It being a touch-based device, I didn't want to take any chances, so I've been using screen protectors since then.

Funny story; I don't know they were cheaply made or what, but when I put on my first screen protectors, they got so fucked up from playing Phantom Hourglass that after just a week I had to take them off just to be able to see the screen.

Screen protectors are a must for DS games since most make heavy use of the touch screen. 3DS games just require large buttons being pressed, so it's not as needed. Still better safe than sorry though.

I've tossed my launch 3DS around, put it in my pocket, and open and shut it frequently within short periods of time. I don't have a screen protector, and I've never had a problem with the screens. Sometimes the circle pad will leave a smudge on the top, but that's easily wiped away and isn't on the screen itself.

I've tossed my launch 3DS around, put it in my pocket, and open and shut it frequently within short periods of time. I don't have a screen protector, and I've never had a problem with the screens. Sometimes the circle pad will leave a smudge on the top, but that's easily wiped away and isn't on the screen itself.
You're definitle in the minority then... Most of the OG 3DS' got scratched to hell with normal usage. Mine started to within the first few weeks, I slapped a screen protector on it as soon as I noticed though.

I never had to put one on my XL's and don't plan on putting one on my N3DSXL either.

Yea, our OG 3DS didn't have scratches by the time we traded it in, but there were lines on the top screen all the time from touching the bottom screen's side borders. I knew it was eventually going to scratch.

I think it was someone playing Cooking Mama on my DS Lite that scratched it. Actually, it scratched my screen protector. One of those Best Skins Ever ones that I used to put on everything (cheaper Zagg).

Hello all.

I'm new to the world of 3DS. I bought a $20 eShop card and looking for ideas to spend it on. I like all genres. I have Super Smash and I'll prob pick up a non-digital Pokemon game up.

I was thinking of grabbing a bunch of old NES games but I was disappointed on the selection. I thought there would be more. Not to mention SNES games. Odds are I'll pick up SMB3 because it's been like 10 years but I'd love some other ideas.

Hello all.

I'm new to the world of 3DS. I bought a $20 eShop card and looking for ideas to spend it on. I like all genres. I have Super Smash and I'll prob pick up a non-digital Pokemon game up.

I was thinking of grabbing a bunch of old NES games but I was disappointed on the selection. I thought there would be more. Not to mention SNES games. Odds are I'll pick up SMB3 because it's been like 10 years but I'd love some other ideas.
I'd highly recommend Shovel Knight. It's only $15 and it's my favorite game on the system.

Seems about the same, minor feature differences on both. I went with 3DS because it seems like a better fit there to me and I'm more likely to play it.
Same here, 3DS was the way to go. The WiiU is cool, as it can function as a handheld if your close by, but overall that tablet is to big and heavy for my liking. If you prefer to play on the big screen, that's your option then.

would it be better on 3ds or wiiu?
Wii U, but it's definitely not bad on the 3DS.

Hello all.

Yeah the VC is pretty weak, especially on the 3DS. I wish they would add SNES and Genesis games to the 3DS eShop as well.

I recommend downloading Azure Striker Gunvolt, if you like Mega Man it's a great game from the creator and it's $15. I also would recommend Mega Man 1-6 on the Virtual Console.

If you haven't played Steamworld Dig (it was free on PS Plus a few months ago) that game is excellent. Of course Shovel Knight is great and you won't regret picking that up. A lot of the larger retail games are also very good too, but if you have the 4 GB SD Card you may want to avoid downloading many of those as they take up a lot of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back