3DS-XL announced, $199, comes out on 8-19-12!!

I tried to put my screen protectors on my XL tonight. The top one went on great, aside from a couple air bubbles I had to smooth out.

The bottom one was a real motherfucker, though. No matter how much tape I used, every time I got it perfectly centered and laid, there were a couple specks of dust underneath it. I kept at it until I finally put a big scratch on the protector with my credit card when I was trying to push out some bubbles. In a fit of rage, I pulled it off and trashed it. I'll just be extra careful with the touch screen. Or I may order another set. I don't know. It's weird, though, because I've had no trouble applying any screen protectors to all my other DS systems.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I tried to put my screen protectors on my XL tonight. The top one went on great, aside from a couple air bubbles I had to smooth out.

The bottom one was a real motherfucker, though. No matter how much tape I used, every time I got it perfectly centered and laid, there were a couple specks of dust underneath it. I kept at it until I finally put a big scratch on the protector with my credit card when I was trying to push out some bubbles. In a fit of rage, I pulled it off and trashed it. I'll just be extra careful with the touch screen. Or I may order another set. I don't know. It's weird, though, because I've had no trouble applying any screen protectors to all my other DS systems.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get your screen protector for your XL? I need to pick one up ASAP!

tried the 3DS XL at target the other day, it was blue...and I gotta say, it's quite nice. even the blue one, my reservations are starting to wear down. I will hold out til black friday.

I finally got my hands on a demo unit, too. Nice than I expected. The matte plastic feels much better as a surface surrounding the buttons and analog nub, and maybe it's just me but the d-pad seems to have more of a solid click to it similar to the d-pad on the DSi. There's also just more console to grip when pushing the buttons, which makes it easier on the hands.

Not in any hurry to upgrade since I just bought a new laptop, but if I find a killer deal on Craigslist or over the holidays, I doubt I'll be able to resist.

bread's done
Back