4-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there always a thread about this. it's bad enough it's on the radio and that's all they'll talk about. Really, who gives a crap.

[quote name='Drico']fuck 420..

any day is a good day to get high ;)[/quote]

Dude man! That and your avatar instantly made me think of a comedy mp3 of Kermit and Big Bird smoking their brains out lol

"Did you just call me Kremit?"

[quote name='Scorch']Starting to think i'm the only one in the world that doesn't touch that stuff.. it smells like burnt ass.[/QUOTE]

same here. I hate it when friends do it since it stays with you (like cigarets/fags) and stinks up your clothes... bleh

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']stop making this place feel like high school... unless everyone else cares for this...[/QUOTE]

High school is a step up from grade school. HE HE Pooping at work hE HE!

[quote name='Scorch']Starting to think i'm the only one in the world that doesn't touch that stuff.. it smells like burnt ass.[/quote]

Nope. Be thankful that (as far as I know) you don't have a suitemate who occasionally will smoke in his room. Somehow it seems like the smell from it all ends up in my room. Lucky me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']same here. I hate it when friends do it since it stays with you (like cigarets/fags) and stinks up your clothes... bleh[/quote]

I dont smoke but my friends who do smoke pot don't do it in my house or in my car. They are considerate and I appreciate that.

[quote name='Scorch']Starting to think i'm the only one in the world that doesn't touch that stuff.. it smells like burnt ass.[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='shipwreck']Happy Birthday mrs. shipwreck![/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Scorch']Wow, I didn't know 4/20 was Hitler's birthday.. learn something new every day.[/quote]

More 4/20 Trivia!

-No one is totally sure where 4/20 originated as a reefer reference. The most accepted answer is that it was some kids in Southern Cali who would meet at 4:20 to smoke a doobie.

-Some think that 4-20 is a police code. "There's a 4-20 in progress on Wilkshire Blvd!"

-Some believe it originated from the nursery rhyme "Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie..." (get it?...baked...ha ha ha..ahem...)

-Some believe it is the length of the Beatles song "Come Together"

-Still others believe it was the day the gov made pot illegal, or Jimi Hendrix died, or had some other hippie pop-icon reference

-When the Grateful Dead were touring back in the day, it is rumored that they always requested Room 420 at whatever hotel they stayed at.

-In the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" all the clocks that are seen are all set at 4:20. (mmm....Phoebe Cates....)

That's about all I can think of right now. Anyone else got any 4-20 trivia they care to share?

It is a flash back to high school when everyone skipped on 420 or made silly references to getting high. I still think its funny that anyone over the age of 18 would smoke pot...grow up and get a life, that stuff is so juvenile.

dc4.jpg

4-20 man, alright!

Her and me both. Other than the pot, Hitler and Columbine (and related to Oklahoma City) references, it's a good day.

Happy 4/20 everyone! Wish I could join in the festivities.. unfortunately I'm on probation for selling acid... oh well :(

[quote name='neocisco']:roll:[/quote]

Damn, beaten to it. Oh well, here's another for good meaure:

:roll:

420! marijuana lol

[quote name='munch']
dc4.jpg

4-20 man, alright![/quote]

One of the greatest movies of all time!!! "I dig those redheads. Red is my color."

[quote name='shieryda']One of the greatest movies of all time!!! "I dig those redheads. Red is my color."[/QUOTE]

Well get your soul pole ready, a Criterion version is coming out this summer!

[quote name='Scorch']Starting to think i'm the only one in the world that doesn't touch that stuff.. it smells like burnt ass.[/quote]

I'm with you on that. Smoking is disgusting.

Send my regards Cap'n! Aside from that, 4/20 is stupid and I can't believe people actually celebrate it. As if text messaging last night didn't make me feel enough like a little school girl...

:roll:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Happy 4/20 everyone! Wish I could join in the festivities.. unfortunately I'm on probation for selling acid... oh well :([/QUOTE]:shock:

Good luck with that, man.

yay, 4/20!

Happy 7th Anniversary Columbine School Massacre!

Let's all get stoned and celebrate Hitler and school shootings!

I used to smoke all the time, but then I lost my motivation to get stoned. it's a very boring drug and dulls the mind.

[quote name='blackjaw']It is a flash back to high school when everyone skipped on 420 or made silly references to getting high. I still think its funny that anyone over the age of 18 would smoke pot...grow up and get a life, that stuff is so juvenile.[/QUOTE]

does no one else see the irony in this? grow up and get a life? haha look at yourself posting on a video game messageboard mr. world of warcraft. you're cool and i look up to you because playing wow and posting on cag is a more mature and fulfilling life, than partying with the ladies and having a smoke every so often. thank you for setting the maturity standard.

[quote name='minqqq']does no one else see the irony in this? grow up and get a life? haha look at yourself posting on a video game messageboard mr. world of warcraft. you're cool and i look up to you because playing wow and posting on cag is a more mature and fulfilling life, than partying with the ladies and having a smoke every so often. thank you for setting the maturity standard.[/QUOTE]
I like the condescending tone you use in referring to a "video game message board." Did the ganja make you forget where you were posting that at?

[quote name='minqqq']does no one else see the irony in this? grow up and get a life? haha look at yourself posting on a video game messageboard mr. world of warcraft. you're cool and i look up to you because playing wow and posting on cag is a more mature and fulfilling life, than partying with the ladies and having a smoke every so often. thank you for setting the maturity standard.[/QUOTE]

I see the irony. You're railing on him for posting on a message board, yet you're posting on a message board too! :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']I see the irony. You're railing on him for posting on a message board, yet you're posting on a message board too! :lol:[/quote]

It's like the Matrix inside the Matrix or something....

[quote name='Brak']Enjoy Hitler's birthday, Nazis.[/quote]

Hah ha!!

There is a WW2 veteran who lives down the street from me; He smoked a few Nazis in his day. I dont mean sharing a cigarrette with them....

[quote name='javeryh']It's like the Matrix inside the Matrix or something....[/QUOTE]

whoa, that's deeeeeeeep. and if it's a matrix inside of a matrix that means there's like 2 keanu reeves'. so trrriipppy

You have a point. And the point is "to each their own."

For the record, I have never smoked pot. And I never will, either. Seriously, it's really done a number on the lives of a couple friends. And I don't mean that they became pancakes and sat on the couch all day (like those fucking "truth" commercials or whatever the hell it is), but their bad behaviour -- which I can assure did come directly from marijuanna (which led to them hanging out with different people, etc) -- did seriously mess up their relationship with their families. So personally, I've never been interested in it enough to try it.

That said, I think that the anti-weed crowd drastically over-exaggerates the stuff. I view it as comparable to smoking a cigarette. I think both are stupid, but so is drinking. And seeing as how I do drink, then why should I hold a double-standard?

All drugs are stupid, but some of them are enjoyable. Why else would people do them? To each their own; and let's just drop the stereotypes, OK? I mean, if we're going to be mature here, I don't see how name-calling is going to get us anywhere. Just because you smoke doesn't mean you're incapable of stringing together a comprehensible sentence. Just because you don't smoke doesn't mean you're better than anyone else.

So, folks, enjoy 4/20, be it with a joint in your mouth or a controller in your hand -- or both.

I tried pot once, meh, didn't like it. I remember laughing a lot and food tasting MUCH better but not worth crapping my brain over.

[quote name='blackjaw']It is a flash back to high school when everyone skipped on 420 or made silly references to getting high. I still think its funny that anyone over the age of 18 would smoke pot...grow up and get a life, that stuff is so juvenile.[/QUOTE]

There are far more people who smoke in their 20's, 30's, and 40's than you think. It's not just a teen thing.

Don't like it? Fine. Don't like it because it's "juvenile"? That's horse shit.

You're ignorant.

Can't do it today, so the friends and I are celebrating it over the weekend. I actually just borrowed REZ from a friend, so I can't wait to try that one out (I swear, travelling mode was MADE for being high)

[quote name='Greetard']There are far more people who smoke in their 20's, 30's, and 40's than you think. It's not just a teen thing.

Don't like it? Fine. Trying to defend it as some sort of great diversion? That's horse shit.
[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya. Do what you want with your life but don't waste your time and mine trying to justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back