4 Months of Xbox Live + 400 MSP - $14.99 via Bestbuy.com

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
Normal price is $29.99. On sale for $14.99.

Buy 3 to get a 1 year of Xbox Live + 1200 Microsoft points for $45
You have to add multiple cards to your cart from the product page.

[quote name='uhnsk']The 3+1 month cards are physical and are either shipped to you or need to be picked up at the store. The points codes are digital and are emailed to you.[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/3%2B1+Month+Xbox+LIVE+Gold+Membership+%26+400+Free+Points/9999204600050000.p?id=pcmprd203400050000&skuId=9999204600050000&st=%203%20month%20live&lp=3&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ubdu']Order canceled on me, too. Apparently I can't order online anything game-related. Silver member for two years, GCU member for two years. Screw them.[/QUOTE]

Mine was cancelled 20 minutes after being placed, wish they would get their shit together.

So let me get this straight, I can get services that are free on every other device, and points to buy games that are obsolete all for the low price of $14.99? Where is my wallet??

[quote name='RiPPn']So let me get this straight, I can get services that are free on every other device, and points to buy games that are obsolete all for the low price of $14.99? Where is my wallet??[/QUOTE]
Yes... The games (especially those that you could purchase with your points a month or two from now) are "obsolete". Your reasoning is flawless!

Hmmm, I'm tempted to jump on it just so I can keep playing Halo 4 Multiplayer for a while longer but that's really all I would use this for and I'm not going to play Halo for 4 months straight. I wish they had that 1 month for $1 deal going on again.

First order was cancelled, then placed 2 additional, separate orders - which are still pending. Errr, another order just cancelled. Hmm...

I think the idea of buying multiples of this deal to get 1 year is a really bad idea.

Best Buy has a new system to ban anybody ordering multiples.

[quote name='Donut2922']I think the idea of buying multiples of this deal to get 1 year is a really bad idea.

Best Buy has a new system to ban anybody ordering multiples.[/QUOTE]

Hope that's not the case. I ordered three and they all shipped.

[quote name='Donut2922']I think the idea of buying multiples of this deal to get 1 year is a really bad idea.

Best Buy has a new system to ban anybody ordering multiples.[/QUOTE]

No, I think you're being paranoid.

I made a new BB account but linked my RZ account to it, and was able to order successfully, whereas my old BB account (with the same exact info - address, CC, etc.) had the order canceled.

Decided to stock up with six. I think I'm future proof against price increases for 4 years with this.

Thanks OP and thanks Cheapy for posting this on Facebook.

I bought two of these thinking all codes would be emailed to me. The closest BB to me is an hour away. They already emailed me the points codes but I have to pickup the XBL codes. What would happen if I redeemed the points codes but didn't pickup the XBL code? It says my order gets canceled in a week.

I bought two of these thinking all codes would be emailed to me. The closest BB to me is an hour away. They already emailed me the points codes but I have to pickup the XBL codes. What would happen if I redeemed the points codes but didn't pickup the XBL code? It says my order gets canceled in a week.
Then you probably contibute to getting sales like this stopped.

I'm bought 3 with store pick-up at a nearby Best Buy. As long as they ACTUALLY have them, I can resell 1 (maybe 2, depends on the wife). PM, if you can.

Update: In store pick up went smooth. Employee didn't have activation issues. I did use Paypal for payment.

My order was cancelled... wish I knew if I could just walk in and get this deal, don't really feel like jumping through hoops to get 400MSP if they end up not emailing it to me though.

Well, at least the charge on my Visa was zeroes out quick... looks like I'm banned from online purchases.

No surprise - they blacklisted my RZ Silver account because they finally decided they gave me too many free points :whee:

I spent quite a bit of time working with BestBuy.com and in-store management to get this to work for my second 'haul'. 

Here's how it works. If you do the order online (even with in-store pick-up), they will cancel it if you do more than one at a time. I had to call and work with some escalation team to have them manually generate my points codes for 5 out of 6 of the cards I bought. They got it to work but it was a pain. The second pain point was that their in-store POS system couldn't activate my 3+1 cards at all and they ended up 'bricking' 22 cards trying different things. I still haven't been able to get my 6 Live cards activate at this time.

In-store, the item shows up in their system with no added 400 points. However, when they ring them up, the points show up on the receipt. No issues at all. Picked up another 6 cards this way and it was absolutely painless. 

For those wondering, if you redeem your points and cancel your order, they take $5 out of each point card refund price. I found this out when they were trying to fix my online order.

Unsure of why everyone is having trouble with this? Must be YMMV, at my BB in San Jose CA I walked in, rang 2 up seperately and was on my way. Came back the next day for one more. Worked just fine for me.

In-store, the item shows up in their system with no added 400 points. However, when they ring them up, the points show up on the receipt. No issues at all. Picked up another 6 cards this way and it was absolutely painless.
Just to be clear, is a code for the points printed on the receipt when you buy them in-store? I've had no luck ordering online but may pickup a couple of cards in-store if this is the case.

Ordered 3, order canceled. Called and they said my reward cert would be back in my account in 1-24hrs. Fine...in the meantime buy.com did a year for 20 on ebay. Score.

Sucks that I still dont have my reward cert back 3 days later. Get on chat, they say 10 days and then close out the chat from thier end. Never had that happen before. They got the rating they deserved.

I looked over my orders for just the last 3 months. 9 orders and 4 have been canceled mostly because the store didnt fill the order for pick up. Its like gambling to see if I'm going to get what I ordered or not.

Thanks for nothing best buy, you are still slightly better than gamestop...but only a little bit.

Yessir. The Service Manager who was assisting me with the fiasco said it was done with no finagling on his part.

Just to be clear, is a code for the points printed on the receipt when you buy them in-store? I've had no luck ordering online but may pickup a couple of cards in-store if this is the case.

Thanks op! This is perfect to last me until Black Friday. I was able to purchase in store with no issues. Code was printed on receipt and was also emailed to me. So you do not have to order online

I want to do this but I don't want to screw it up.

I added 1 to my Cart and it wouldn't allow me to add another. I assume I just pay for the 1 with in-store pickup and then do it over and over again until I get the desired amount? 

yeah if you put three in there at once you are going to have a bad time...still waiting on my reward cert back going on a full week...

yeah if you put three in there at once you are going to have a bad time...still waiting on my reward cert back going on a full week...
I placed separate orders and they canceled 2 cards twice so I have to wait for them to refund around $60 to me :\. After the first 2 were removed I called the customer support line and the lady said I could use my sister's account and my same card to get 2 more. So I did... didn't work :(.

Is this on sale in store? Or would they price match it in store? (The points would be nice but I really needed the live)

I placed separate orders and they canceled 2 cards twice so I have to wait for them to refund around $60 to me :\. After the first 2 were removed I called the customer support line and the lady said I could use my sister's account and my same card to get 2 more. So I did... didn't work :(.

Is this on sale in store? Or would they price match it in store? (The points would be nice but I really needed the live)
Yes this is avail in in store. I walked in and got my stuff no problem. The code prints on your receipt

I just got back from the store. I had to do two separate purchases for the cards and I got my MSP on the receipt :)

I picked up two today that I ordered earlier this week, worked online ordering two at the same time used a $25 reward cert total came out 4.98 after tax and cert. I just noticed on my receipt that its now double, somehow the chick rang it up twice on me and I have to go back to the store to sort it out. Online CSR said she couldn't help me, thought I had a smooth transaction for once with Best Buy.

I think this might be dead now. I placed an order for in-store pickup this afternoon and it was $14.99. I was going to buy another while in the store and it said $24.99. I also checked the kiosk pricing as well as the pricing on the Bestbuy site itself.

Wow wtf, i got excited for this deal cause it would stack with the spend 15+ on xbl get 5 too. fuck

Why would he post something so dumb? Like we give a shit about his 400 points that he may or may not have used.

My bad. It's late and I was thinking to myself.

Think BBY can replace it? I can't find a history of using it.

Nothing in my email.

Understandable if this becomes locked up.

bread's done
Back