$5 off/month at Gamefly for watching commericals

jeffblack12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Sorry if its a repost but I thought some folks might want to know about this ... for once CAG stole from FW instead of the other way around.

http://www.brightspot.tv/gamefly.aspx

GameFly would like to invite you to join BrightSpot.tv. Through our new partnership, you have the opportunity to save up to $5 each month on your GameFly subscription.

HOW IT WORKS
Registration with BrightSpot is fast, easy and free!

Watch fun and entertaining videos at your own pace, on your own time

After each video you watch, you will earn credits to your BrightSpot account

Up to $5 will be automatically credited to your GameFly subscription every month!

seems legit. you earn at least .50 per commercial. seem like 30 seconds each. they only gave me 4 to watch for today. then answer 2-3 questions for each ad. so 10 ads +30 survey questions=5.00 off gamefly. probably takes about half hour of your time split between a couple days. i'll try it for a month or so.

[quote name='lilboo']If Gamefly didn't suck ass so bad, I'd do it. It's still not even worth the $5 off[/QUOTE]
i live in LA so shipping is fast. plus its been worth it just to get splinter cell DA and need for speed carbon new for 360 for about $40 each using google checkout.

edit: thanks for the heads up OP

yea, gamefly is really pissing me off, they just don't order enough copies of games that are wanted. been waiting a day or two just for them to ship out marvel: UA.

xplode- do you have to answer the questions correctly? so they would know whether or not you actually watched the commercial or just downloaded it? my time is worth more than 10 bucks an hour, so this don't sound too worth it. basically- can you do it real quick with out putting any effort into it while one is actually acomplishing other work?

I love Gamefly, and that's a serious discount. Sounds kind of annoying though. I may check this out if it's legit.

Can you cancel this easily and go back to a normal Gamefly account?

I usally use gameznflix cheaper and better, but they didn't have fear on list so I signed up for 1 month of Gamefly for 14.95 just for this month. Will cancel after I don't really like their service.

[quote name='NWgamer666']yea, gamefly is really pissing me off, they just don't order enough copies of games that are wanted. been waiting a day or two just for them to ship out marvel: UA.

xplode- do you have to answer the questions correctly? so they would know whether or not you actually watched the commercial or just downloaded it? my time is worth more than 10 bucks an hour, so this don't sound too worth it. basically- can you do it real quick with out putting any effort into it while one is actually acomplishing other work?[/QUOTE]
just survey/preference questions so far so no need to check for accuracy plus they are only one line

[quote name='Puppy']I love Gamefly, and that's a serious discount. Sounds kind of annoying though. I may check this out if it's legit.

Can you cancel this easily and go back to a normal Gamefly account?[/QUOTE]

it does not affect your gamefly account from the inside to my knowledge. they appear to be an outside company who have many clients like gamefly ( although i could only count my money towards gamefly at the moment), and will simply send gamefly a notice of how much money up to 5 dollars to discount your subscription.

xplode-thanks for info. will give it a try.

bazz- are you serious? a game not on the online rental stores list? that sounds retarded. How can they not have a game? do they only get the popular titles? I can see maybe getting only a few copies, but to not carry a game altogether sounds pretty lame. Anyways, not trying to start a gamesnflix vs. gamefly fight or anything, as I am not super pleased with gamefly.

I signed up, I could really use $5 off gamefly every month

edit: bazz try searching for F.E.A.R. ;) I got it shipped to me today from gamefly

[quote name='GrayWolf323']I signed up, I could really use $5 off gamefly every month

edit: bazz try searching for F.E.A.R. ;) I got it shipped to me today from gamefly[/quote]I was talking about Gameznflix cause I like them better cheaper prices & faster shipping , but they don't always get new games in on the actual realease date like gamefly so o I signed up for Gamefly tonight mad cause I know wont ship untill tomorow.

I have been doing this for about a month now. I didn't post it here because the email GF sent me for this "beta" program made it sound so much more exclusive than I now understand it to be. Anyways, here is how it seems to work for those who haven't gone for the deal yet...

Watch a 30sec ad, answer 2-3 questions and $0.50 is credited to your account. You can do this, as I understand it, about 5 times per day. Pretty easy to rack up the $5 and you usually watch McDonalds ads or anime ads (they sure have us gamers pegged). My first payment to GF is set for Nov13 so if people want an update on how that works, I will be happy to bump this thread. Also, I have $10 in my account now, and new ads pop up every day leading me to believe you can build up the account quickly to apply to other offers or wait for future GF payments.

[quote name='Bazz']I was talking about Gameznflix cause I like them better cheaper prices & faster shipping , but they don't always get new games in on the actual realease date like gamefly so o I signed up for Gamefly tonight mad cause I know wont ship untill tomorow.[/QUOTE]

Gameznflix is something of a scam. Check their Better Business Bureau ratings. They're hideous.

I signed up with them prior to using Gamefly earlier this year, and unfortunately hadn't checked with the BBB prior to using them. They worked okay for the first month (though their web site stinks, the queue size is small, the mailers are terrible, they don't have DS games, etc.). During the second month though, my account "broke" somehow and I couldn't log in (this was NOT user error, I did not forget my password, etc.).

I contacted Gameznflix daily through their only contact method on the web. Every time, the next day my issue I had opened would be closed, without fixing the problem or even contacting me.

After four days of this I finally just asked for my account to be closed. The next day I got a generic response that vaguely referred to my first contact from days earlier.

After several more days of being totally ignored, I finally contacted both the BBB and my credit card company. The BBB tried to deal with them twice, gave them two chances to resolve this, and Gameznflix completely ignored them. Again, check the BBB issues-a large percentage of the time Gameznflix won’t even respond to them.

They wouldn’t respond to my credit card company either, but thankfully, after a month of that, my CC company just gave me back my money and blocked Gameznflix from being able to ever charge me again-if not for that, they’d still be charging me every month for absolutely nothing.

Do NOT deal with these people. There’s a reason they’re cheaper than every other rental service.

[quote name='Puppy']Do NOT deal with these people. There’s a reason they’re cheaper than every other rental service.[/quote]
And no DS games... hideous.

[quote name='Puppy']Gameznflix is something of a scam. Check their Better Business Bureau ratings. They're hideous.

I signed up with them prior to using Gamefly earlier this year, and unfortunately hadn't checked with the BBB prior to using them. They worked okay for the first month (though their web site stinks, the queue size is small, the mailers are terrible, they don't have DS games, etc.). During the second month though, my account "broke" somehow and I couldn't log in (this was NOT user error, I did not forget my password, etc.).

I contacted Gameznflix daily through their only contact method on the web. Every time, the next day my issue I had opened would be closed, without fixing the problem or even contacting me.

After four days of this I finally just asked for my account to be closed. The next day I got a generic response that vaguely referred to my first contact from days earlier.

After several more days of being totally ignored, I finally contacted both the BBB and my credit card company. The BBB tried to deal with them twice, gave them two chances to resolve this, and Gameznflix completely ignored them. Again, check the BBB issues-a large percentage of the time Gameznflix won’t even respond to them.

They wouldn’t respond to my credit card company either, but thankfully, after a month of that, my CC company just gave me back my money and blocked Gameznflix from being able to ever charge me again-if not for that, they’d still be charging me every month for absolutely nothing.

Do NOT deal with these people. There’s a reason they’re cheaper than every other rental service.[/quote]

I caught the BBB report and avoided Gameznflix (no DS games = big problem too) and originally went with Intelliflix... and had almost an identical experience to what you had. Horrible horrible HORRIBLE customer service. Had to call the company's HQ to get my account cancelled.

there is no way this is real. I mean i just signed up and i watched 5 vidoes with very very easy questions and got 2.50 in credit and it too less then 7 mins

it says they will pay gamefly on DEC 3

If this is real it would kick so much ass. hell i would even watch the vidoes for 25 cents LOL

[quote name='somahead33']I have been doing this for about a month now. I didn't post it here because the email GF sent me for this "beta" program made it sound so much more exclusive than I now understand it to be. Anyways, here is how it seems to work for those who haven't gone for the deal yet...

Watch a 30sec ad, answer 2-3 questions and $0.50 is credited to your account. You can do this, as I understand it, about 5 times per day. Pretty easy to rack up the $5 and you usually watch McDonalds ads or anime ads (they sure have us gamers pegged). My first payment to GF is set for Nov13 so if people want an update on how that works, I will be happy to bump this thread. Also, I have $10 in my account now, and new ads pop up every day leading me to believe you can build up the account quickly to apply to other offers or wait for future GF payments.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if this is only going to work for people who was sent the email from gamefly. DO you know how much gamefly would lose. Then again I think gamefly would make tons of money off this

Right now 21.95 per month is way too much for gamefly BUT 16.95 a month i would stick with them

Hell 16.95 per month is like buying 1 game a month and reselling it

this would be a major way to get people to come back to gamefly.

[quote name='slidecage']there is no way this is real. I mean i just signed up and i watched 5 vidoes with very very easy questions and got 2.50 in credit and it too less then 7 mins

it says they will pay gamefly on DEC 3

If this is real it would kick so much ass. hell i would even watch the vidoes for 25 cents LOL[/quote]

I got the email and blew it off. but based on your opinion I'll give it a try. as long as it doesn't like spyware the hell out of me, and it's easy to quit it's worth checking out. so thanks.

I did it, and got credit for 2.50, it says maximum is 5.00 a month.....but it seems those stakes can be raised, but since this little promotion tool was just dawn'd on me today I don't know much, although i see if you do a household you can increase the amount that gets sent in to gamefly to pay off the subscription. I can easily get my brother involved in this. Thanks topic starter, and any more information would be excellent !

Curious if anyone can answer my question on this, but when you go to "bills" what does it mean by saying maximum is 5.00, does it require long standing membership to get past the 5 dollar mark. I mean this is quite a deal considering I get 10% off all purchases and 5 gamefly dollars every 6 months, so I can now hit up gamefly with this trifecta of a deal. Thanks

if i could get a FLAT 9.95 per month for 1 game at a time and it was real i would stay with gamefly for years. Hell even if shipping sucked and you only got 2 games per month that would still only be 5 bucks per rental. There is no place around here that i can rent GBA Or DS games

this will really rock if it worked. 50 cents per ad seems very very high.

just got to $5! hopefully gamefly will get it. soo anybody get any "bills" aka places to "spend" "money" you "earned" ? i can only add gamefly. although the graphic on the front page shows mlb.com.

IF anyone gets credits keep us up to date. I know one person said they should know around next week. I doubt this works. I got the same 6 shows as yesterday and up to 8.50 in my account.

i see gamefly is the only thing u can use the cash on. The only thing i can think of if this is REAL that gamefly is hurting for members cause of the gamezflix only charges around 17 for 2 at a time and this is gamefly way of giving 2 games at a time for 17

so i watch 3 more shows i wouldnt have to watch anything for 2 months and i would still get 2 months of gamefly at 5 off. something just seems fishy

Gameznflix is a scam, so it doesn't matter what they claim to charge.

It would be fun if this is real though.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sounds a bit scammish... anybody done this before? how many videos do you have to watch?[/QUOTE]

yeah it looks like a bogus pyramid scheme, not a CAG deal

[quote name='Puppy']Well, someone post if they've actually started getting the $5 discount![/QUOTE]

It was sent out by Gamefly a week or two ago so I would have to say it is legit... granted I haven't started it.

i wont get the discount till DEC 3. Meaning im stuck with gamefly for another month at least ( i pay NOV 30.)

if i get a credit on DEC 3 i will stick with gamefly , if i dont i will leave again by DEC 30

I just finished my first month with this.

The credits do count for the next month's monthly payment, i.e. my activity for 10/7 to 11/7, the $5, was credited to my GameFly account for my 12/7 monthly payment.

So, it doesn't look like a scam to me, at least so far. I was already a long-standing GameFly member. This, along with the rewards program, just makes my subscription that much more valuable.

[quote name='Walt Jay']I just finished my first month with this.

The credits do count for the next month's monthly payment, i.e. my activity for 10/7 to 11/7, the $5, was credited to my GameFly account for my 12/7 monthly payment.

So, it doesn't look like a scam to me, at least so far. I was already a long-standing GameFly member. This, along with the rewards program, just makes my subscription that much more valuable.[/QUOTE]

i think the question we are asking does the Credit really get applyed

everyone sees the credit for 30 days from now.

I don't see why this would be a scam considering I received the email from GameFly, not BrighSpot.tv. My first credit is due to be applied on the 13th and my billing cycle falls on the 16th, so in about a week I will try to validate the above poster's claim.

I guess it just seems too good to be true! I mean IMO Gamefly is already a good deal, and taking $5 off a month is just fantastic.

[quote name='Puppy']I guess it just seems too good to be true! I mean IMO Gamefly is already a good deal, and taking $5 off a month is just fantastic.[/QUOTE]

no really. at least around here they stopped FAST RETURN meaning it takes 4 to 5 days each way. that is 8 to 10 days shipping for each game. what = around 2 game turn around

2 at a time would only be 4 rentals per month (if you keep the rental for 5 days)

23 bucks for 4 rentals is VERY VERY HIGH ( 6 bucks each)

that price i would stick to a local video game place

17 for 4 rentals would break it down to 4.50 per rental

[quote name='slidecage']no really. at least around here they stopped FAST RETURN meaning it takes 4 to 5 days each way. that is 8 to 10 days shipping for each game. what = around 2 game turn around

2 at a time would only be 4 rentals per month (if you keep the rental for 5 days)

23 bucks for 4 rentals is VERY VERY HIGH ( 6 bucks each)

that price i would stick to a local video game place

17 for 4 rentals would break it down to 4.50 per rental[/QUOTE]

I live in Kansas City and at most I have had to only wait 4-5 days to receive a new game. When I was on the old 2 game plan, I would finish one within 1 week to week and half and play the other while the other one comes in.

When I was on the plan at Blockbuster, the games I wanted to play were never in... with gamefly, i have never had to wait for a game to be available. They always had it in stock.

[quote name='somahead33']I don't see why this would be a scam considering I received the email from GameFly, not BrighSpot.tv. My first credit is due to be applied on the 13th and my billing cycle falls on the 16th, so in about a week I will try to validate the above poster's claim.[/QUOTE]

did you ever get your credit

[quote name='doug_brit']I DID NOT recieve $5 off my account, scam or shame I'm not sure which? Anybody with luck?

Doug[/QUOTE]

when was you to get the credit. I wonder if gamefly will only give credit for those who got the email

bread's done
Back