50 McNuggets for $10 @ McDonalds [2/5 - 2/7] YMMV!

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
50 McNuggets for $10 @ McDonalds (SuperBowl Promotion) :hot:

Starting this Friday, February 5th to Sunday, February 7th, 2010 from Lunch to Midnight! Check your local area. YMMV

2isxkew.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='helluvagood']ew no wonder obesity is such a big problem in america.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, it's the deal mentality. People want as much as they can get for their money; it's sad that this greedy philosophy applies to food that contributes in ending their life sooner.

Even if you split it four ways, it's still 575 calories just for the nuggets and basically all of the fat a normal human needs on a daily basis. Plus all of the sauces offered, or a least the ones listed on the nutritional site, have at least 50 calories per serving.

I used to eat pretty unhealthy, then I grew up and realized I don't need to be taken advantage of by manipulative advertising and I don't need more of something just because it's a "good deal."

[quote name='perdition(troy']if someone wants to eat something, who cares. no one made you the fat police.[/QUOTE]

People can do whatever they want. My factual information is indisputable, though. I wish something like fat police did exist; we need it.

[quote name='MikeBastard']Like I said, it's the deal mentality. People want as much as they can get for their money; it's sad that this greedy philosophy applies to food that contributes in ending their life sooner.[/quote]

Take $20 and see how much food you can get in produce and lean meat compared to $1 bullshit frozen pizzas. It goes far beyond simple "greed" as an explanation.

Even if you split it four ways, it's still 575 calories just for the nuggets and basically all of the fat a normal human needs on a daily basis. Plus all of the sauces offered, or a least the ones listed on the nutritional site, have at least 50 calories per serving.

Why would I just give away 1725 calories to other people? Sheesh.

Let me ask you: is it a bit uncomfortable to realize that the high horse you're sitting on is also the dead one you're beating?

I used to eat pretty unhealthy, then I grew up and realized I don't need to be taken advantage of by manipulative advertising and I don't need more of something just because it's a "good deal."

You're a hero. Everyone who dines at McDonald's is a fat, slovenly pig. Guess what? People know McD's is bad. There are a number of people who dine there several times per day/week, and no number of self-deluding diet cokes w/ the big mac meal will salvage their arteries.

And some people lift and do cardio six days a week and want to eat a fucking McNugget without some pious cockhorse reminding them that it's bad. WE KNOW IT'S BAD. THEY'RE NOT CALLED CHEAT DAYS BECAUSE WE'RE EATING BEAN SPROUTS, HOMBRE.

Go preach it to someone who needs saving.

[quote name='mykevermin']Take $20 and see how much food you can get in produce and lean meat compared to $1 bullshit frozen pizzas. It goes far beyond simple "greed" as an explanation.

Why would I just give away 1725 calories to other people? Sheesh.

Let me ask you: is it a bit uncomfortable to realize that the high horse you're sitting on is also the dead one you're beating?

You're a hero. Everyone who dines at McDonald's is a fat, slovenly pig. Guess what? People know McD's is bad. There are a number of people who dine there several times per day/week, and no number of self-deluding diet cokes w/ the big mac meal will salvage their arteries.

And some people lift and do cardio six days a week and want to eat a fucking McNugget without some pious cockhorse reminding them that it's bad. WE KNOW IT'S BAD. THEY'RE NOT CALLED CHEAT DAYS BECAUSE WE'RE EATING BEAN SPROUTS, HOMBRE.

Go preach it to someone who needs saving.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Mcdonalds isn't a greedy corporation that alters food to taste a certain way to sell as much as their garbage product as possible.

Your example of some people needing more calories per day because they lift and do mega cardio. That is a great example because that obviously fits the mold of most American's.

You're also right about giving away 1725 calories. You should eat them all because you need them more than others do. You must engage in weight lifting and cardio. Take a look at the people at your local grocery market. Judging by their average appearance, they need extra calories to support their rigorous workout regimen. The average person needs many more calories than they get which is why obesity is not a major issue in both adults and children.

Everyone has enough food so there's enough for you to have more than you need because, well, you need it. As you said, why would you give away those valuable calories that are so hard to come by?

I have nothing to say in my defense; you're just right.

[quote name='mykevermin']And some people lift and do cardio six days a week and want to eat a fucking McNugget without some pious cockhorse reminding them that it's bad. WE KNOW IT'S BAD. THEY'RE NOT CALLED CHEAT DAYS BECAUSE WE'RE EATING BEAN SPROUTS, HOMBRE.[/QUOTE]

Shhh, people that exercise don't exist.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Shhh, people that exercise don't exist.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Most American's eat right and don't get much more calories than they need on a daily basis. There is no evidence to support my claim so I won't bother posting any sort of proof because it's not there.

As I said, obesity and overindulgence is not a dangerous, rampant issue in American. As you said with your sarcasm, enough people exercise and our culture is definitely headed in the right direction. Kudos to you for being realistic about life.

We should encourage our children to exercise and be sure to get them hooked on a dangerous food early in life so they can continue their healthy eating habits. People should be allowed to do whatever they want and just because eating a certain way is proven to shorten life and highly increase the risk of certain diseases is no reason to make any sort of change. Who cares about progression and living longer; I want McDonalds!

'bout time people start recognizing that about me.

Look. I get your plight. Americans are fat, uneducated pigs. Corporatons are corrupt. Anti-Flag is a profound band. Insert some banal "Crass" stencil here.

You don't give individuals enough credit for the choices they make, plain and simple. One broad brush and one color of paint is all you need to get your point across. All Americans are alike, aren't they? Except you, you're an individual. You know the real story.

Look, kid, I was on your side for a long while. McDonald's reacted to the pressures of the vocal minority who said "MOAR APPLES AND MILK" to McDonald's. They're there. They also expose the absolute *absurdity* of people who did that preaching to McDonald's, because who the fuck goes to McDonald's for apples? You're going to eat apples or you're not, and McDonald's carrying them doesn't change the underlying mathematics of that very much.

Should people eat *out* less (irrespective of restaurant)? Yes. Should they buy fewer frozen meals and sodas and presevative laden foods? Yes. Is the modern American diet an epidemic? Yes. You're right. But you're also picking the wrong fight; it's not the *existence* of these foods, it's the perpetual consumption of these foods (and economy of these foods, and the pace of the average life, and people's lack of ability to cook, and the invention of the microwave, and HFCS, and blah blah blah).

You're taking one company to task for monumental institutional/national issues, and you're still unable to reconcile that, barring few people in America (urban residents without cars and only access to shitty corner markets that don't sell decent food), this is a widely patterned instance of individual choice, and not structural restriction.

[quote name='mykevermin']'bout time people start recognizing that about me.

Look. I get your plight. Americans are fat, uneducated pigs. Corporatons are corrupt. Anti-Flag is a profound band. Insert some banal "Crass" stencil here.

You don't give individuals enough credit for the choices they make, plain and simple. One broad brush and one color of paint is all you need to get your point across. All Americans are alike, aren't they? Except you, you're an individual. You know the real story.

Look, kid, I was on your side for a long while. McDonald's reacted to the pressures of the vocal minority who said "MOAR APPLES AND MILK" to McDonald's. They're there. They also expose the absolute *absurdity* of people who did that preaching to McDonald's, because who the fuck goes to McDonald's for apples? You're going to eat apples or you're not, and McDonald's carrying them doesn't change the underlying mathematics of that very much.

Should people eat *out* less (irrespective of restaurant)? Yes. Should they buy fewer frozen meals and sodas and presevative laden foods? Yes. Is the modern American diet an epidemic? Yes. You're right. But you're also picking the wrong fight; it's not the *existence* of these foods, it's the perpetual consumption of these foods (and economy of these foods, and the pace of the average life, and people's lack of ability to cook, and the invention of the microwave, and HFCS, and blah blah blah).

You're taking one company to task for monumental institutional/national issues, and you're still unable to reconcile that, barring few people in America (urban residents without cars and only access to shitty corner markets that don't sell decent food), this is a widely patterned instance of individual choice, and not structural restriction.[/QUOTE]

I know what you're saying and I've researched these issues immensely. I do make a lot of generalization because, quite frankly, this is such a huge issue that most people happen to fall under the picture I paint. As I said before, America is a nation that prides itself on convenience and things that are cheap. I understand that poverty and lack of education are both huge contributing factors, but those who have an education and know what they're doing have no excuse. It's just pure laziness on their part for not wanting to give up the convenience they're used to.

I wouldn't even use the word choice in a lot of instances. Human's are brainwashed at an early age to like fast food. You understand that a job exists to modify food a certain way in order to be the most appealing to the human taste buds, right? Couple that with advertising, lack of education, and poverty you have one successful business and people living a shorter, more diseased life.

I'm bored, though. I'm gonna go lift weights and run until I pass out so I can wake up and drink my carrot juice and eat my broccoli.

Reminds me of "Food, Inc", where really most foods come from the same 5 companies....including myke's apples! ;)

But yeah, the broad brush-stroke of a young wide-eyed angry person is definitely coming up from you MB. There are also the economic strains of those barely above poverty individuals who are just trying to work hard and provide for their family.

If you've got the master key to reversing all of this tomorrow I'm sure the soapbox will be available again soon....right after the homeless guy with the socks on his hands is done telling us how we've been brainwashed.

I kid, I kid!!!! You have to expect some ribbing here.

[quote name='DiRT_X']man, anyone remember the terikai sauce from the mulan promo, or the holiday apple cinnamon dipping sauce? both were from years ago, i was in the DC area. were the best![/QUOTE]
The Mulan one was bomb. That and the Arch Deluxe are the two things I miss most from McDonald's.

Man, I drove 13 miles (one-way) in the snow with my friend just to learn that my McDonald's didn't offer this. Grr. I read "nationwide promo" and thought it was available at all McDonald's. Ended up going to Wendy's after I got shot down by a rude cashier.

[quote name='MikeBastard']a bunch of stuff[/QUOTE]

I think most people are aware that fast food is garbage, but delicious greasy garbage. Almost nobody is brainwashed or under any sort of undue/subconscious influence. It's an active and involved decision that people make when they partake in eating McD's, one that can be likened to cigarettes et al

[quote name='seen']A promo like this makes me think of Food INC.

foodinc2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Seriously, watch Food Inc. and you'll never eat a chicken mcnugget again.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']it's an okay deal. Usually 40 for $10 (4 for $1 on dollar menu). that promo they had a few years ago, 6 for $1, was great.[/QUOTE]

Since when are McNuggets on the dollar menu?

As far as fast food places go, McDonald consistently has the most expensive nuggets.

[quote name='xilly']Should add this is very YMMV, as not all stores are participating at all (like all of the ones near me). :([/QUOTE]

Straight up, I got shot down at the one I went to in SoCal.

[quote name='MikeBastard']I agree. Most American's eat right and don't get much more calories than they need on a daily basis. There is no evidence to support my claim so I won't bother posting any sort of proof because it's not there.

As I said, obesity and overindulgence is not a dangerous, rampant issue in American. As you said with your sarcasm, enough people exercise and our culture is definitely headed in the right direction. Kudos to you for being realistic about life.

We should encourage our children to exercise and be sure to get them hooked on a dangerous food early in life so they can continue their healthy eating habits. People should be allowed to do whatever they want and just because eating a certain way is proven to shorten life and highly increase the risk of certain diseases is no reason to make any sort of change. Who cares about progression and living longer; I want McDonalds![/QUOTE]

sounds just like a political conversation about video games.

Ditto on the Food Inc documentary. Probably the most important documentary of the year. Unfortunately, most people do not watch documentaries, especially useful ones.

This is why I WORK-OUT ( ladies loves the body too ;) ), so I can eat whatever I want!

Is this offered in Canada?!

[quote name='mykevermin']

You're taking one company to task for monumental institutional/national issues, and you're still unable to reconcile that, barring few people in America (urban residents without cars and only access to shitty corner markets that don't sell decent food), this is a widely patterned instance of individual choice, and not structural restriction.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he, MikeBastard, is arguing that individuals don't play a part in promoting McDs and these companies that pretty much make profits while putting out tasty, low quality product that contributes to the rising health costs. Why would he be trying to make his point on a board used by individuals?

Blaming this on supposed "individuality" in this country is something of a fanciful notion. Simply look at advertising research and it CLEARLY reveals that we really do not think as much as we react to stimuli. The same basic impulses that have driven man since the dawn of our time. Read the literature on the sociological and psychological research of manipulating these impulses and it is obvious that these corporations with their tool, the government, know exactly what they are doing.

If you are interested in learning about how easy it is to manipulate people, I suggest looking into the following.

• Century of the Self (great documentary available on Google video)
  • An episode on Frontline called something like "The Persuaders."
  • The Hidden Persuaders by Vance Packard (seminal book on the advertising industry written in the 70s.)
  • Propaganda by Edward Bernays (considered the father of the PR industry. You can find this book on wikipedia I think.) Here's an excerpt:
"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."

Also, there are plenty of studies that show that people who live in poorer urban areas have restricted access to healthier food choices. The high number of corner stores and liquor stores and low number of actual grocery stores affect dietary choices and then health outcomes of minorities and the poor in urban neighborhoods. I thought all this was common knowledge.

Between the funny tags for this thread and Myke's comments to the choir preaching about 'zomg this is bad food'(duh), this thread has EPIC written all over it.

Besides which, pretty much all fast food makes a great laxative.;)

[quote name='seen']Here's a trailer of Food INC, its a great movie and I suggest everyone takes a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0[/QUOTE]

As a pre-pharm student finishing up my bachelors in biochemistry I found some of the things in this movie to be laughable. Particularly how they said the growth hormone used on poultry is hazardous to human health.

The growth hormone used on poultry is a protein based hormone. It's function (like that of all protein based enzymes and hormones) is based on it's quaternary configuration. This configuration is maintained by an assortment of bonds which require specific pH and temperature conditions. If even a couple of those bonds are disrupted, the hormone no longer functions.

When you cook the chicken you will disrupt almost all of the hydrogen bonds. Many other of those bonds will definitely be disrupted within the acidic conditions of your stomach.

Furthermore, your stomach releases an enzyme called pepsin which breaks down the peptide bonds which link amino acids into a protein. There is no way a protein you eat will make it into your bloodstream in a whole state.

[quote name='seen']A promo like this makes me think of Food INC.

foodinc2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Watching that movie right now actually (2nd viewing).

I wouldn't put McDonald's food in my body if you paid me.

[quote name='MikeBastard']People can do whatever they want. My factual information is indisputable, though. I wish something like fat police did exist; we need it.[/QUOTE]

You people are getting carried away. It's one thing to say people are fat and eat too much McD's... but what about the few of us that want to splurge on this junk once in a while?

It's the same mentality that makes folks come down hard on Tobacco. It's your choice.

Why is alcohol okay? When you think about it, a drunk driver slaughtering a family in a mini-van is much more horrific than a fat dude having a heart attack mid-McNugget-feast! ;)

Personally, I'd feel somewhat accomplished having that many McNuggets in the homestead! :lol: Any idiot can spend their money on that junk any day... but not THIS idiot!

[quote name='fenderstrathss']Seriously, watch Food Inc. and you'll never eat a chicken mcnugget again.[/QUOTE]
Will I still be able to eat a Wendy's spicy chicken nugget? If not then I'm afraid you just made me want to avoid watching a documentary that I already had queued up on Netflix.

[quote name='trogoldito']As a pre-pharm student finishing up my bachelors in biochemistry I found some of the things in this movie to be laughable. Particularly how they said the growth hormone used on poultry is hazardous to human health.

The growth hormone used on poultry is a protein based hormone. It's function (like that of all protein based enzymes and hormones) is based on it's quaternary configuration. This configuration is maintained by an assortment of bonds which require specific pH and temperature conditions. If even a couple of those bonds are disrupted, the hormone no longer functions.

When you cook the chicken you will disrupt almost all of the hydrogen bonds. Many other of those bonds will definitely be disrupted within the acidic conditions of your stomach.

Furthermore, your stomach releases an enzyme called pepsin which breaks down the peptide bonds which link amino acids into a protein. There is no way a protein you eat will make it into your bloodstream in a whole state.[/QUOTE]

Glad someone RATIONAL posted on here. The really amusing thing about this debate is how people will BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SEE IN A DOCUMENTARY!

Come on. I can make a documentary about how great Hitler was, with tons of "evidence", but how does that make it true?

This movie looks like pure propaganda, but somehow, that's okay. Why? Because the propaganda comes from "organic" people who know what's really good for us, and not a big corporation. It's like Lewis Black said, "They don't know what's really good for us! They don't! It's constantly changing!" Eat red meat. Don't eat red meat. Drink lots of water; don't drink lots of water! Eat more bread; eat less bread!

Haha! Sorry... I forgot it's a DOCUMENTARY. I.e. all true. My bad! ;)

[quote name='Magikarp830']Glad someone RATIONAL posted on here. The really amusing thing about this debate is how people will BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SEE IN A DOCUMENTARY!

Come on. I can make a documentary about how great Hitler was, with tons of "evidence", but how does that make it true?

This movie looks like pure propaganda, but somehow, that's okay. Why? Because the propaganda comes from "organic" people who know what's really good for us, and not a big corporation. It's like Lewis Black said, "They don't know what's really good for us! They don't! It's constantly changing!" Eat red meat. Don't eat red meat. Drink lots of water; don't drink lots of water! Eat more bread; eat less bread!

Haha! Sorry... I forgot it's a DOCUMENTARY. I.e. all true. My bad! ;)[/QUOTE]
If you think that Food Inc. is a documentary trying to convinve the population what food they should eat, you missed the point entirely. The documentary actually focuses on the social and economic consequences of the U.S. food production process more so than the "you should eat this because it's good for you" label that people associate with this film. I suggest most of you actually watch the film before you pass verdict.

What's a "show thing?" Never heard of that. Never saw that crappy propaganda documentary, either, but reading any summary of it that I can find, it talks about how the current food industry is unsustainable and how they use dangerous chemicals. If you don't see how that "show thing" deals with that, good luck to you. Just keep getting your info spoon fed to you by biased lunatics.

I don't think this is totally Nationwide. Went to my local McDonald's last night with a bunch of friends and they had NO idea what I was talking about when I asked for the 50 nugget deal.
Kingston PA store.

Food Inc. is obviously biased to serve its objectives, as are most "hot topic" documentaries. Take it in, but with a grain of salt, and realize both that most "scares" are overstated, and that the actual issues that need resolving get resolved because people get mobilized.

Also, I'm pretty sure McDonald's intended for this promotion to be for Super Bowl parties, not 50 McNuggets per person. Can one person even eat 50 of those things before they turn to cardboard? All that aside, there are much worse things to put into your body than heavily processed and fried "chicken" products, and some of them are found in home-cooked meals.

[quote name='c4tp']Food Inc. is obviously biased to serve its objectives, as are most "hot topic" documentaries. Take it in, but with a grain of salt, and realize both that most "scares" are overstated, and that the actual issues that need resolving get resolved because people get mobilized.

Also, I'm pretty sure McDonald's intended for this promotion to be for Super Bowl parties, not 50 McNuggets per person. Can one person even eat 50 of those things before they turn to cardboard? All that aside, there are much worse things to put into your body than heavily processed and fried "chicken" products, and some of them are found in home-cooked meals.[/QUOTE]

Actually I believe they intended it for 2 people. Why else offer up the 50 nuggets with 2 drinks and 2 fries for $14.99?

bread's done
Back