$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really happy. Microsoft Store sent me an email that they are crediting $54 back to my credit card. I used a 5% coupon when I made the pre-order, so that means they are not compensating for the coupon. I got 5% off based on $399 instead of $349. Yeah, that is only a few dollars, but we are CAGs after all ;)

It sounds like the Microsoft Store is properly taking care of refunds since people are mentioning they've been getting emails with the $50 credit back.

I can't help but think Microsoft should have talked with other retailers ahead of this announcement so they would have taken care of people instead of making the consumers who either bough consoles in the last few days or bought the Sunset Overdrive Bundle have to go through extra steps to contact their retailer of choice or be forced to wait on picking up their bundles (Like with GameStop).

I have read mixed replies. But I bought my SSO bundle from best buy yesterday and the dude told me I could just bring the receipt in to get the $50 off, but I wanted to use a movers coupon. In order to do that would I have to bring the system in? Already set it up and everything so I hope not.

Thanks in advance.

I have read mixed replies. But I bought my SSO bundle from best buy yesterday and the dude told me I could just bring the receipt in to get the $50 off, but I wanted to use a movers coupon. In order to do that would I have to bring the system in? Already set it up and everything so I hope not.

Thanks in advance.
You'll more than likely be forced to bring it in. Others in this thread have indicated they're waiting until the price drops to pick their systems up. The problem is while they can price adjust the $50 difference for you, they can't process the coupon since you already purchased the system and the coupon is supposed to be during the purchase.

They'll probably need you to bring it in and do a return/rebuy for the coupon to work.

Well I went back to gamestop and spoke to someone. This person told me that I would be fine opening my console and that I wouldn't need to bring it back. As long as it's within the return period and the price drop is everywhere, once it's like I could bring back my receipt and they would issue me back $50.

Looks promising. But still iffy on if I want to open mine SSO bundle yet :/

You'll more than likely be forced to bring it in. Others in this thread have indicated they're waiting until the price drops to pick their systems up. The problem is while they can price adjust the $50 difference for you, they can't process the coupon since you already purchased the system and the coupon is supposed to be during the purchase.

They'll probably need you to bring it in and do a return/rebuy for the coupon to work.
That's what I was prepared for. I'll just take it in Monday when I'm grabbing CoD. Now the dude used my rewards certificates because he said they wouldn't have an issue adjusting the price even if I used them, is that true? Or will they be re-issued and I will have to wait to use em?

Thanks again; appreciate the knowledge.

Everyone, there should be no issue getting the $50 off by bringing a receipt, the issue people are debating and not clear on is the 10% movers coupon for Best Buy.  Heck even gamestop should be fine just using the receipt without the system being present.

He was correct in that he wouldn't have an issue adjusting the price since that's done post-purchase.

The problem I can see happening is if you do a return on an item you used certificates for the points are refunded into your account. That'll be a problem since that doesn't happen instantly and it'll take a few days for them to be credited back so you won't be able to use them immediately on the return/rebuy transaction.

Everyone, there should be no issue getting the $50 off by bringing a receipt, the issue people are debating and not clear on is the 10% movers coupon for Best Buy. Heck even gamestop should be fine just using the receipt without the system being present.
Except GameStop doesn't offer price adjustments and they also don't take returns for opened systems if you play with it in advance. They're also usually pretty strict with that stuff so unless you're friends with the manager they won't likely bend the rules for you.

No the safest method with GameStop will be not opening your system and waiting until the price drop happens for a return/rebuy. This may change of course if GameStop ends up announcing what they're doing for the process (As someone said the departments were discussing it).

Except GameStop doesn't offer price adjustments and they also don't take returns for opened systems if you play with it in advance. They're also usually pretty strict with that stuff so unless you're friends with the manager they won't likely bend the rules for you.

No the safest method with GameStop will be not opening your system and waiting until the price drop happens for a return/rebuy. This may change of course if GameStop ends up announcing what they're doing for the process (As someone said the departments were discussing it).
Then people should just not buy from gamestop... BOOO!!!! :lol:

but he mentioned the policy they have where if the price drops on your In Store Pickup order before you arrive in the store to get it, they adjust the price of the order down automatically.

How does that work with the movies coupon? If I order on Discover for 10% back, use the movers coupon for 10% off, and then don't pick up the SSO order until Nov. 2, will they apple the coupon and the new price still?
Where are you seeing 10% back from discover??

250qd7k.jpg

As I stated in my earlier post the manager at my store said they would take the receipt only nov 2 and credit back $50. YMMV but sounded legit. I got his name and etc so if he was full of poo I'm complaining to the head honchos. Then going to ABC7 and it's on!

It's not the same question the bby card is a MasterCard not discover , unless you are referring to best buy rewards my best buy, which wasn't clear since people are saying 10% from discover which isn't clear. No need to freak out about me getting some clarification , I went back 3 pages and only saw that mention.

It's not the same question the bby card is a MasterCard not discover , unless you are referring to best buy rewards my best buy, which wasn't clear since people are saying 10% from discover which isn't clear. No need to freak out about me getting some clarification , I went back 3 pages and only saw that mention.
well there's your problem, only 3 pages, it has been mentioned several times over the 60 pages... maybe do a search function or a little more looking...

I've completely cut off shopping from GameStop. Douche employees, higher prices than the competition, worst bonuses, and the ugly ass stickers they shove on all their new games.

picked up my white SO bundle from GS today

guy told me they got 4 in and i got last one (had it reserved)

told me to come back sunday with receipt only and ill get $50 back

i expect the SO bundle to be in short supply 

I'm gonna stop by the post office tonight or tomorrow, I'll post if the coupon I get says in store only.

Edit - The ones for sale on ebay say in store or online and expire on 11/15.  

yes but did you do it online or in store?

In store is where people seem to have the issue, and apparently the new movers coupons only work in store.
Don't use the new Mover's coupon on the GCU + Xbox One bundle and then you should be fine.

I'm gonna stop by the post office tonight or tomorrow, I'll post if the coupon I get says in store only.

Edit - The ones for sale on ebay say in store or online and expire on 11/15.
The ones that are good through the end of the year, save BF, don't have an online code, if that's what you are curious about.

picked up my white SO bundle from GS today

guy told me they got 4 in and i got last one (had it reserved)

told me to come back sunday with receipt only and ill get $50 back

i expect the SO bundle to be in short supply
I had a different experience just by being one day earlier to this news:

So I couldn't wait and I picked up my SO bundle from Gamestop yesterday, out of sheer curiosity I asked about any plans they had regarding the 50 bucks off, but they blew me off.

Now that the info about the offer being valid starting now, or some sorts, I called my Gamestop and they told me that it would be difficult for me to obtain the discount even with my receipt since I already opened my console. WTF?! I got so fucking pissed. I'm gonna keep trying though. I just find really really reaaaally stupid the fact that since I got it fucking monday at 8:30pm I'm not allowed to have a refund.

He was correct in that he wouldn't have an issue adjusting the price since that's done post-purchase.
The problem I can see happening is if you do a return on an item you used certificates for the points are refunded into your account. That'll be a problem since that doesn't happen instantly and it'll take a few days for them to be credited back so you won't be able to use them immediately on the return/rebuy transaction.
I think if he does it within the same transaction it would be fine in regards to if he used certificates. During the summer I bought a MacBook air and used some certs but decided I wanted a different model with the bigger screen so did an exchange and they were able to reapply my certs on the spot.

So I couldn't wait and I picked up my SO bundle from Gamestop yesterday, out of sheer curiosity I asked about any plans they had regarding the 50 bucks off, but they blew me off.

Now that the info about the offer being valid starting now, or some sorts, I called my Gamestop and they told me that it would be difficult for me to obtain the discount even with my receipt since I already opened my console. WTF?! I got so fucking pissed. I'm gonna keep trying though. I just find really really reaaaally stupid the fact that since I got it fucking monday at 8:30pm I'm not allowed to have a refund.
Your problem right there... no price matching policy, so they don't have to do anything.

Your problem right there... no price matching policy, so they don't have to do anything.
There really shouldn't be an issue as he has 7 days to return the item and the promo starts Sunday. Of course yes the item would have to be closed for a full refund return but a GameStop manager should have enough sense to just do it as he just wants to price adjust and not actually return the product. But of course many GameStop managers aren't very bright nor care about customers.

There really shouldn't be an issue as he has 7 days to return the item and the promo starts Sunday. Of course yes the item would have to be closed for a full refund return but a GameStop manager should have enough sense to just do it as he just wants to price adjust and not actually return the product. But of course many GameStop managers aren't very bright nor care about customers.
unless i am lack reading comprehension skills like the majority of the population of posters on cag, the guy clearly implied his console had been opened. per gamestop policy, opened console= no refund, or return/rebuy. only exchanges are allowed

I am really starting to get annoyed with the same questions over and over again, Everyone has said that it's %5 back at Best buy, and 5% for using the discover shopping portal... 10%
im so sorry but that's not it. It's 5% for any online purchases this quarter, and 5% via the link in that pic. They stack, and you usually can do the movers coupon too.

im so sorry but that's not it. It's 5% for any online purchases this quarter, and 5% via the link in that pic. They stack, and you usually can do the movers coupon too.
Thanks for the answer, It takes a big of digging on shop discover to find quarterly deals, but I found it.

Wait...you cant get the refund because you opened it or because you bought it monday night?

Y'all think I should preorder the assassins creed bundle or is everyone going after cod and ssod bundles?
There is nothing about multi platform games on Xbox One that sounds like a good idea if you have a PS4. Invest in exclusives like SSO or the big hard drive bundle, but I'd dodge multiplatform.

It's possible that the price will adjust down to $350 automatically but it will certainly not adjust the mover's coupon you used online on top of the $350.

I'm skeptical that the price adjustment will occur automatically. I know it has in the past but when I had an order a couple of months back, my software game order did not adjust and I ended up paying the original amount. If you wait until the price goes live with your exisitng order, I would bet on getting charged the original amount you placed your order for.

Only way to assuredly get all of your discounts is to place a brand new order once the price goes live.

Im a bit nervous about testing this, despite a Best Buy forum rep thinking the coupon does geT applied to the lower price if you are waiting to pick something up: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Xbox-One-Price-Drops/m-p/868563#M4756

What, if I don't go drop $400 on a PS4 with no games I want announced, I'm not a "true gamer?" Seriously, other than MLB and maybe The Order, Sony hasn't released a game that interested me in probably close to a decade, when I thought that Resistance might be decent. How is not getting a PS4 an indication that someone isn't a "true gamer," and what the heck IS a "true gamer?"
Well obviously gaming tastes are relative to each gamer. But I think a true gamer would be one that's in it for the games and NOT for the platform a game is on. If you are genuinely not interested in what the competition is offering, then I think that's fine. There are tons of games other people like and I didn't. But the whole console wars thing is just because people think they need to have some sort of loyalty to a company that doesn't care about them or have made such a high financial investment in one console that they feel that they need to put another platform down.

This doesn't mean that you can't choose the best version of a game (I will get a PC version over a PS4 version any day). I have exclusives in mind for a statement like this.

Personally, I always get all platforms because there's always something I like on each one. And I think if you're in gaming for the games and not the platform, then that would be the closest thing to a true gamer.

unless i am lack reading comprehension skills like the majority of the population of posters on cag, the guy clearly implied his console had been opened. per gamestop policy, opened console= no refund, or return/rebuy. only exchanges are allowed
They said that if you buy a bundle starting tuesday, you only need to go with your receipt on sunday to get a refund, I can't cause I bought it one day earlier. Then he started jabbing about the open console and shit.

Question, sorry if asked before.

I am Elite Plus, and GCU

Total for me is going to be $325 before taxes. (10% mover)

Does this mean I get a 25% bump for elite+ and a 2x bump for gaming ?

Airgo 2.25x bump in My Best Buy points?

Newegg also dropped the cost of the consoles.  I had a preorder with them for the COD bundle and asked the support people there on Monday if they would match the 50 off and they said no, of course I canceled my preorder then.  They dont charge me tax so its a close deal here, I would save about $14 by going with Best Buy and the movers coupon.

Question for anyone who already owns an Xbox One. After doing some reading online I have decided there is no reason to buy one with Kinect. Can always pick one up later on if my mind changes. Anyone else who did the same regret/happy with their decision. Money isn't an issue, but I figure why not use the $100 saved one two games during Black Friday to help me get started on top of whatever game or games come with the bundles offered. 

Question for anyone who already owns an Xbox One. After doing some reading online I have decided there is no reason to buy one with Kinect. Can always pick one up later on if my mind changes. Anyone else who did the same regret/happy with their decision. Money isn't an issue, but I figure why not use the $100 saved one two games during Black Friday to help me get started on top of whatever game or games come with the bundles offered.
I haven't touched my Xbox with the kinect in about a month. The install and update speeds are a killer for me. 3-4 hours to install a game that my ps4 takes about 10 minutes to do. With that said I've read using it without the kinect enhances the speed which in my opinion is way more valuable than the kinect is.

If you do anything like watch Netflix or Hulu or you use any of the other apps, I'd say it's definitely nice to have. Otherwise if all you're planning on doing is playing games, I'd skip out on it.

bread's done
Back