50% off Heavy Rain Director's Cut, GameStop PUR only. EXP: 4/24

Huh, guess I'm not a PUR member, I have a rewards card, but I guess that's not enough, it still showing this as 20 bucks for me.

Wait weird, now it's showing as 9.99, after I add it a second time to the cart.

[quote name='Gedemer']Called store and they said it's only online....

But I cant even get it to work online (even though I'm not a member)[/QUOTE]

No it definitely works in store. You must have gotten a lazy employee. I just picked a copy up on my lunch break.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']No it definitely works in store. You must have gotten a lazy employee. I just picked a copy up on my lunch break.[/QUOTE]
Well, he says he is not a member, so, might not have even scanned up at $9.99 for him. Then the clerk would just say "oh, it's online only".

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, he says he is not a member, so, might not have even scanned up at $9.99 for him. Then the clerk would just say "oh, it's online only".[/QUOTE]

I told him it was probably a Member promotion and he still said "it must be online"

Useless POS employee's

Cant I just go to the store and sign up for Free and then get the member reward?

[quote name='Gedemer']Cant I just go to the store and sign up for Free and then get the member reward?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that should be all you need.

[quote name='nhlducks35']New.

I had to get the display copy though, because it was the last "new" one left.[/QUOTE]

Purell is your friend.

I don't have my card, do I need to add my pur # in order to get the promotion? I have the free membership.

[quote name='ger2396']I don't have my card, do I need to add my pur # in order to get the promotion? I have the free membership.[/QUOTE]

tell the associate your telephone # or email with zip code that is tied to your account.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']tell the associate your telephone # or email with zip code that is tied to your account.[/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks

[quote name='likeme']I just picked up and thanks for the heads up[/QUOTE]

Did you buy online and then pick up in store? or just go to the store and use your reward #?

cool. I will try in store for this. Not a PUR member but if it's free I am down. Hope it goes smoothly.

GS aint doing too bad lately with the deals. Just last week, I picked up deus ex for $8.

[quote name='Gedemer']Did you buy online and then pick up in store? or just go to the store and use your reward #?[/QUOTE]

In-store pickup online since my GS only had one copy

Thanks OP. Picked up a sealed copy at the Westfield Mall in Culver City. It came in the GH box but sealed is better than the gutted-sticker copies. It looked like they had a couple more sealed ones in the drawer too if anyone else is picky like that.

I went to the store with my old Heavy Rain disc in tow, traded it for $6.60, pick up the Directors Cut for $3.70 plus tax. Sweet deal to upgrade to the D.C. Thanks OP!

Wow you can get in store i actually went in and the guy told me it was online only....

i'm gonna go back tomorrow so basically it says 19.99 new and then they scan your powerup card and it should be 9.99 right?

I picked this game up at Sears when it was clearanced for $6.47. Yeah, strange price. It didn't ring up for that, either. There was just a price tag on it that had that amount listed. Manager had to do an override. Anyway, I'll still pick up this one since it has all the DLC.

Just picked this up in store. Im not a pro member but price did come up as 9.99. Also, my copy is sealed. She grabbed a "New" copy from the drawer and simply replaced the display. May be beneficial to ask for a sealed copy?

[quote name='leakyknuts']Just picked this up in store. Im not a pro member but price did come up as 9.99. Also, my copy is sealed. She grabbed a "New" copy from the drawer and simply replaced the display. May be beneficial to ask for a sealed copy?[/QUOTE]

You don't need to be a PRO member.

The only way you'll get display copy is if they are out of stock of it in their drawers or they are complete tools...(most GS members are :D )

[quote name='UberSwiss']Picked this up in store, but the guy made me preorder Beyond Two Souls to get it. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

See? You guys see? Most Gamestop employees are total trash. He lied to you. You need to preorder nothing to get this deal.

[quote name='ssjgoku90501']im not a pur member so if i sign up when i buy the game will i get the discount?[/QUOTE]

multiple people have stated that you can sign up and get it

[quote name='UberSwiss']Picked this up in store, but the guy made me preorder Beyond Two Souls to get it. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

He made you preorder? How exactly does that work? Did he say he wouldn't let you buy the game if you didn't?

[quote name='SeverusMeowkins']traded my normal heavy rain for $8.40 and got the directors cut for $9.99. not bad[/QUOTE]

might actually do this, loved the game and would love the extra content:D

[quote name='guessed']He made you preorder? How exactly does that work? Did he say he wouldn't let you buy the game if you didn't?[/QUOTE]

Well, I asked about the deal and mentioned I saw it online, and he told me if I want it in store I would need to preorder that game. I asked if he could try to take off the preorder after Heavy Rain was showing $9.99 and he insisted multiple times it would bring the total back to $19.99. I was in a hurry so I didn't feel like arguing past that.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Deal still live Friday? Website shows full price?[/QUOTE]

Website also shows this:
Bonus!
More details
Rewards Members Exclusive offer: Purchase Heavy Rain Director's Cut for only $9.99! Become a member today to receive discount.

Add Heavy Rain Director's Cut to cart. Apply PUR Rewards Card and discount will be applied to cart.

No rain checks will be issued. No substitutions will be made. Not valid on pre-played games. Prices are subject to change. Selection may vary by store. Some exclusions may apply. While supplies last. Offer expires 4/24/2013.

Offer expires 4/24/2013.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Well, I asked about the deal and mentioned I saw it online, and he told me if I want it in store I would need to preorder that game. I asked if he could try to take off the preorder after Heavy Rain was showing $9.99 and he insisted multiple times it would bring the total back to $19.99. I was in a hurry so I didn't feel like arguing past that.[/QUOTE]

I'd say report him, but he's probably just as likely to get a pat on the back as a slap on the wrist. Cancel the preorder, with him, if possible, so you don't mess up someone else's numbers.

I already have the DLC, is it worth it if I already have that? Might trade in my original copy for this.. would give me something extra for the mov.

If you fell for this you need to get your CAG card revoked.

[quote name='SeverusMeowkins']traded my normal heavy rain for $8.40 and got the directors cut for $9.99. not bad[/QUOTE]

Wait, how'd you get $8.40? I'm seeing $6 as the reported value and wouldn't be terribly surprised if it went down tomorrow.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Wait, how'd you get $8.40? I'm seeing $6 as the reported value and wouldn't be terribly surprised if it went down tomorrow.[/QUOTE]He most likely bought a used game to get the 30% bonus and had a Pro PUR card to get another 10%: 40% of $6 is $2.40, so $6 + $2.40 = $8.40.

bread's done
Back