6 Free Redbox Rentals

NowPlay worked.....all others are expired.

Don't think I'll use it tho. I legit rented a game the other day and it was a photocopied paper inside. Don't have time for that.

Thanks for NowPlay, MyCatEdwin.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']NowPlay worked.....all others are expired.

Don't think I'll use it tho. I legit rented a game the other day and it was a photocopied paper inside. Don't have time for that.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that stinks. I hope I never run into that problem.

[quote name='matrix9280']That code didn't work. Thanks for nothing.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome troll.

[quote name='matrix9280']If anyone has any actual free rental codes send them to me by personal message or post them here.[/QUOTE]

Yea, let me get right on that.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']NowPlay worked for me, expiration of 5/9/13.

Thanks to whomever posted it.[/QUOTE]

Tried it earlier and it would pop up saying invalid promo code.. Is it suppose to be NowPlay or N0WPLAY (with a Zero)?

^

[quote name='heatison777']Worked for me. This might be one of those dumb questions on the same level of "is it plugged in", but did you text Nowplay to 727272?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rapturestar']Tried it earlier and it would pop up saying invalid promo code.. Is it suppose to be NowPlay or N0WPLAY (with a Zero)?[/QUOTE]

Without the zero.

NowPlay worked for me earlier today.

[quote name='rapturestar']Tried it earlier and it would pop up saying invalid promo code.. Is it suppose to be NowPlay or N0WPLAY (with a Zero)?[/QUOTE]

Follow the instructions in the OP. The promo code you receive via text message will only work at the kiosk (not online).

[quote name='TopsideKracker']hahaha... this guy... classic

Don't worry... if you stalk the thread long enough I'm sure someone will give you a code on accident.[/QUOTE]

We might have an early nominee for CAG villain of the year. (I jest, I jest) :cool:

But woot thanks for the code! We should seriously considering making the OP a wiki to avoid all this confusion on which codes work or not.

One question that's probably been asked before, what's the best time to rent the games? I know that a day cycle begins at 9pm or somewhere around there, I just don't want to be charged. Also If I need to rent the game more than one day I imagine I have to go back to the machine return it and re-rent it with another code am I right?

[quote name='chelosera91']One question that's probably been asked before, what's the best time to rent the games? I know that a day cycle begins at 9pm or somewhere around there, I just don't want to be charged. Also If I need to rent the game more than one day I imagine I have to go back to the machine return it and re-rent it with another code am I right?[/QUOTE]

So the time to rent that gives you the most time with the game, is just after midnight. So say you went and rented a game at 12:01 AM on Friday. You have all Friday and must return the game before 9 PM on Saturday.

And I'm pretty sure if you want to rent for more than one day you have to go back and extend with another code. At least, I don't know of another way to do it.

^ Sorry the game codes will not work with movies... not sure why... I tried it. BUt the DVD codes will work for games as it will take off $1.25 and you'll need to pay the difference.

Here is a code for $.50 off any rental... 2JXGVDZ7 - enjoy.

$0.50 off code G56HXMWX EXP 3/14/2013

$0.50 off code N33MWV7Q EXP 3/17/2013 Can be used online

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an arguing match with a redbox phone operator the other day. Went to rent a game with a code they sent me through the text club. Got it home and it didn't work so their solution was to give me a discount code and me pay the difference to play a game I was going to play for free. No thanks.

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']Ive texted NowPlay to them 3 times and they havent given me a response. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

I always do all CAPs but I am not sure if that works. I also found that doing a new message and not a reply to your last message from 727272 seems to work better.

[quote name='drysushi']Had an arguing match with a redbox phone operator the other day. Went to rent a game with a code they sent me through the text club. Got it home and it didn't work so their solution was to give me a discount code and me pay the difference to play a game I was going to play for free. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Try online chat support next time. Gave me 5 free movie rentals when my game didn't work. 3 the second time.

Still no PS3 Tomb Raider within 30 miles of me (I check 3 times a day). But 1 copy for 360 at my local Wal-Mart just sits and sits. Anger rising....

I used my code this morning at 5am before work to snag a Crysis 3. I'm really surprised because my town usually has no games ever, but three locations had it. In regards to games not working, I called in once and the guy told me to return it and he emailed me 3 free rental codes. Top notch customer service for me at least.

So I used my free code for the 360 Tomb Raider that was the only one I've seen within 5 miles of me.

I was stoked that I was finally getting to play the game today..so I entered the code, checked out, got the game, opened the case..and ah fuck, someone has peeled the label off of the game and put in on a Maxell CD-R.

WTF people?

I immediately called Redbox, was told to call back an hour later (my checkout wasn't in the system yet - apparently it takes 30-60 minutes), called them back, again, an hour later and made sure that I wouldn't be charged for returning a fake disc. Allegedly, they are sending me a new free game code..but I won't hold my breathe for it.

I give up. Think I will just get it for $40 tomorrow at Target.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']So I used my free code for the 360 Tomb Raider that was the only one I've seen within 5 miles of me.

I was stoked that I was finally getting to play the game today..so I entered the code, checked out, got the game, opened the case..and ah fuck, someone has peeled the label off of the game and put in on a Maxell CD-R.

WTF people?

I immediately called Redbox, was told to call back an hour later (my checkout wasn't in the system yet - apparently it takes 30-60 minutes), called them back, again, an hour later and made sure that I wouldn't be charged for returning a fake disc. Allegedly, they are sending me a new free game code..but I won't hold my breathe for it.

I give up. Think I will just get it for $40 tomorrow at Target.[/QUOTE]

As long as you gave them your email, you should at least get a few dvd codes.

It's a great game, but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you are a huge Tomb Raider fan. Too short for a buy in my opinion.

[quote name='kaos424']Are people actually getting away with taking the games out of Redbox machines?[/QUOTE]

Apparently so. You could see the slice marks where they cut the redbox code (label) off of the game so that they could put it on the dummy disk and returned in the machine. Who knows if Redbox chooses to go after the last renter (who could always claim ignorance by saying they just returned it because it was a fake disk or something crappy like that).

[quote name='bob101910']As long as you gave them your email, you should at least get a few dvd codes.

It's a great game, but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you are a huge Tomb Raider fan. Too short for a buy in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard it was short thus I was going to rent it. But this crap has put me off of renting games from them (even if it was free).

I'd rather not deal with the hassle, to be honest. Maybe I should just join gamefly and wait months for new games.

;)

[quote name='PikkonFusion']I text NOWPLAY to 727272 over 10 times and still no response[/QUOTE]
I just texted it and got a free game rental code which expires 5/9/13 *shrugs*

[quote name='Ric Flair']JUSTDANCE is still active. Received a code just last week using that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just tried it and got a code.

I can't wait for Bioshock, I have 4 nowgame codes imma try to beat bioshock in those four days before the codes expire lol.

[quote name='Methoes']Surprise that no one posted this.
Free 1-day DVD rental Code: F2AMA8TG3[/QUOTE]

Do those codes work for games as well? :)

[quote name='Ashlee']Do those codes work for games as well? :)[/QUOTE]

Most of the time they'll take $1.00 off the game ($2.00) rental. However the 'Free Pass' codes associated with their streaming service do not work on games unfortunately.

Update: F2AMA8TG3 worked for me: For a game:

Subtotal:
Promo Code:whistle2: $1.20
$0.06 Tax:
$0.86 Total:

[quote name='Trojann']I can't wait for Bioshock, I have 4 nowgame codes imma try to beat bioshock in those four days before the codes expire lol.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that? When you return the game to a Redbox that doesn't have any other available, is the copy you return available immediately?

[quote name='bob101910']How do you do that? When you return the game to a Redbox that doesn't have any other available, is the copy you return available immediately?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did this with Far cry when it came out.

bread's done
Back