$60 Xbox Live Credit for $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see the FIFA 14 (xbox live credit) link still active, but is it only redeeming for $54.99 now and not $80?

I still don't have mine from the original deal bought with CC I use with them all the time (only got order confirmation), long time NewEgg customer.  Been over 13 hours.  How do you know if the deal is live or not when the purchase page gives no mention of the actual credit amount you are buying?

The actual code comes from a NewEgg e-mail address right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious how that FIFA 14 is giving $80 live credit when the DD is priced exactly at $55 on the xbox live store.
So I see the FIFA 14 (xbox live credit) link still active, but is it only redeeming for $54.99 now and not $80?
They were offering a bonus $20 code after you added FIFA to your cart. Whether or not that promo is still going on, I couldn't tell you.

Was nervous but got $60. Probably use on DLC or Forza Horizons 2 or Halo Master Chief collection as I'll probably keep em til they're worthless anyway
This. I'm at the beginning of my reluctant focus-shift to playstation from xbox. While it is obviously a good deal to get credit at a significantly reduced rate, I just don't know what I would buy - because I still have some left from prior deals that I can't seem to justify using. I'll probably end up picking up the MC Collection as well.

Is that new external hdd feature working yet? Has anyone tried it?

It doesn't really matter what the percentages are, if we are talking about bonus money then the margin in what matters. If you spend $10 to receive $20, you just made 10 dollars @ 100% increase, but if you spend $30 to receive $45, you just made 15 dollars @ 50% increase.

When talking about free money, we should focus on the dollar $$$ amount increase, not the percentages.

Now, my understanding is that you can only do this one time. If my assumption is incorrect, than you indeed are on the right path. If my assumption is correct, then there is some validity to this post.
i believe the limit was 5

This. I'm at the beginning of my reluctant focus-shift to playstation from xbox. While it is obviously a good deal to get credit at a significantly reduced rate, I just don't know what I would buy - because I still have some left from prior deals that I can't seem to justify using. I'll probably end up picking up the MC Collection as well.

Is that new external hdd feature working yet? Has anyone tried it?
Yeah it came out in the June update. Works great I have a 3TB Seagate drive and it works excellently. Can manually move things to it, and set it so all content gets installed to it.

Thanks...did you make sure to speak in all caps and say

WHY HASN'T THE $60 WORTH OF CREDIT I ONLY PAID $40 FOR HASN'T ARRIVED YET.
No. I just asked why it hadn't arrived in the hour that they said it typically would. Their only mention of a delay is if you use a CC (which I didn't).

UPDATE: They canceled the order because they said there was a problem with the payment (which I know there wasn't). Money was in my PP account and PP was showing that the payment was authorized, pending and waiting on them.

It doesn't really matter what the percentages are, if we are talking about bonus money then the margin in what matters. If you spend $10 to receive $20, you just made 10 dollars @ 100% increase, but if you spend $30 to receive $45, you just made 15 dollars @ 50% increase.

When talking about free money, we should focus on the dollar $$$ amount increase, not the percentages.
The percentages are all that matters, not the dollar amount. If you got $50 off $1000, it wouldn't be a better deal just because $50 is more than $25.

$40 for $60 = 33.33% savings (or, each dollar of xbox credit costs you ~66 cents)
$30 for $45 = 33.33% savings, exactly the same as the first deal
$55 for $80 (FIFA deal) = 31.25% savings (each dollar of credit costs you ~68 cents)

I ordered at 7:30pm last night, I just received an email saying I had to call customer service to verify my order. I called, spoke to a rep, and received my code within 3 minutes of my call. 

I just got an email stating that they charged  me for my order, then got the codes about 3 minutes later.  I place my order around 8pm EST.  My paypal order has still not gone through yet, but I placed that one around 11:30p EST.

Glad people are getting their codes, seems promising I guess. I did Paypal, which seems to be taking a while longer than CC. I talked to support earlier and they said it shouldn't be cancelled or anything.

Ordered 5 codes yesterday at 8:30 PM (PST) as a new Newegg customer using Visa (debit)

Just received the payment confirmation at 10:20 AM and got the codes at 10:23 AM

:)

So my order finally went through since I bought at 1010pm last night and they only sent me the 39.99..
Did you even redeem the code?

You got charged $39.99, but when you redeem the code it is for $60

As futile as it'll probably be I'm contacting them over that. Their page very specifically outlines you'll be able to redeem the currency for the game pictured above so technically I should be able to buy Plants vs Zombies with it.

I ended up getting 3. I only actually wanted 2, but I screwed up the second one by not noticing the expiration date on my card was out of date. It was processing all night. It finally went through about an hour ago, even with the incorrect expiration date. So that's kind of weird. Anyway, I have way too much Xbox credit now.

I ended up getting 3. I only actually wanted 2, but I screwed up the second one by not noticing the expiration date on my card was out of date. It was processing all night. It finally went through about an hour ago, even with the incorrect expiration date. So that's kind of weird. Anyway, I have way too much Xbox credit now.
That's a common misconception, just because your card has expired does not prevent a business from using it if the card is saved in their system. You aren't in the wrong for making that assumption, as you would think the card would automatically get declined for entering an invalid expiration date. Unfortunately, most financial institutions allow transactions to go through even with an expired expiration date. I think I once read somewhere that this technicality was aimed at reoccurring bills, so people wouldn't have to update all their billing accounts when they receive a new card every few years. Or in the case they forget to update one of their billing accounts, the payment can still go through in order to avoid the cardholder being late on their payment. However, I have made the mistake of not noticing autocorrect change my name, as well as entering the wrong billing address, and both of those transaction went through without an issue. It seems our financial institutions allow a lot of transactions to go through that technically shouldn't, it just comes down to whether anyone disputes it afterwards or not. It seems a lot of the financials institution fraud departments only pay close attention to the cards for the first few months after the account is opened, and then just kind of let everything go through.

My brother never received his replacement card before his card expired, and he was able to use his credit card in stores well past it's expiration date until he received the the new one.

Just something to keep in mind, that's why I always delete old credit card info from any account it may be on.

Gah dammit stop bumping Dead Deal thread, gave me false hope and excitement! give'er back!

But I do have to agree with a lot of those that have a lot of credit but nothing to spend it on... I'm in the same group of disappointed XO-owners. Have enough to buy 4 $60 games but... no interest in the current roster of games -sadface- can't 2015 come any faster?

Hate to bump this.

But if anybody else bought the Plants vs Zombie code I recommend contacting NewEgg CS. I contacted them explaining I only got $30 worth of credit when the product page said I could redeem it for the game (Which costs $40). Agent looked into it for a bit and asked if she could follow up with an email the next day to which I accepted.

Received an email today with a code for a $20 Xbox Credit so I could purchase the correct version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back