7 $ drop on White PSP - Amazon.com

amazon kickass cuz they don't charge sales tax which adds up if they tax percenatge is 8%, then for 200 dollar
item is 16 dollars. Plus, they have free shipping whihc is a little long but ok.

And I'll wait and buy redpsp when those come out in summer

Too bad they don't make a battery cover to replace Darth Vader on the back. Would consider the white PSP if there wasn't any art on the system.

I admit the PSP is a sleek device, but I still can't justify the purchase. There aren't anywhere near as many must-have games on the thing. Sure, it can play my music and some movies (on a barely alive UMD format), but then I'd rather just pick up an iPod Touch.

Still, it's an attractive price -- though not my cup of tea.

I want a PSP for all the non-PSP-game functions. That is, video, music, homebrew, and (maybe if it's good enough) wifi. But it's just too big. I'd rather get an 'mp4' with emulating capabilities like the SmartQ T5, even though they aren't great for it. Being half the price makes up for it, though.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I admit the PSP is a sleek device, but I still can't justify the purchase. There aren't anywhere near as many must-have games on the thing. Sure, it can play my music and some movies (on a barely alive UMD format), but then I'd rather just pick up an iPod Touch.

Still, it's an attractive price -- though not my cup of tea.[/quote]

God of War PSP alone is worth buying the system for. Along with it working with the PS3 and Locationfree TV viewing. Also Skype. I would personally wait for the God of War PSP bundle this summer.

I bought an old psp old time age. Went broke twice.
first timenit broke, they fixed free of charge, but then, they charged 90buks for refurbished.

I
decided long time ago that I was done with Psp, but that red psp wanna second guess about my interests of buying one again.

The current one is out of commision.

[quote name='Fender084']Too bad they don't make a battery cover to replace Darth Vader on the back. Would consider the white PSP if there wasn't any art on the system.[/QUOTE]

Or if it was good art maybe. I wanted white too, but I don't want some weak willed Sith on the back of my game system. Why the heck don't they put Obi Wan on there?

[quote name='decon']God of War PSP alone is worth buying the system for. Along with it working with the PS3 and Locationfree TV viewing. Also Skype. I would personally wait for the God of War PSP bundle this summer.[/QUOTE]

I don't think ANY current system has any games that I *have* to buy the system for, but the Playstation Portable has tons of good stuff. The Syphoon Filter games are awesome (and should be thought of as a new series, sort of like the modern Tomb Raider games-they're not really related to the old games which IMO were much much worse). Lots of good RPGs too, etc.

If you don't like the Darth Vader on the back (I'm not particularly fond of it, either), there are several blank white battery covers on eBay. I'm sure some console parts supply stores sell replacement battery covers, as well. I'm somewhat in the market for a PSP, and this is what I'm going to do if I jump on the ceramic white bundle.

Like many have said I'm waiting for the Red PSP as I'd rather have Chains of Olympus then the Star Wars game this PSP comes with.

If the white one drops to $170 or less I'll be pretty tempted though.

PSP is the best hand-held multimedia device out there. Games, movies, music, full-internet, portable storage, ect. Better than the Ipod Touch (what a rip-off)

I use it way more than my ipod since I got one.

If they just made the slim version a bit smaller and less fragile. Its still no good for at the gym use.

I highly recommend the PSP slim, make sure you get at least a 4g memory stick to go with it.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']PSP is the best hand-held multimedia device out there. Games, movies, music, full-internet, portable storage, ect. Better than the Ipod Touch (what a rip-off)

I use it way more than my ipod since I got one.

If they just made the slim version a bit smaller and less fragile. Its still no good for at the gym use.

I highly recommend the PSP slim, make sure you get at least a 4g memory stick to go with it.[/QUOTE]

lol, better then the Touch but not the iPhone. I gave my PSP away to my girlfriend's cousin after I got my iPhone. I'll get a Slim eventually for games, but for multimedia? I'm covered ;P

[quote name='romeogbs19']I admit the PSP is a sleek device, but I still can't justify the purchase. There aren't anywhere near as many must-have games on the thing. Sure, it can play my music and some movies (on a barely alive UMD format), but then I'd rather just pick up an iPod Touch.

Still, it's an attractive price -- though not my cup of tea.[/quote]

How many must-have games do you need on a system? Personally I think GoW:CoO, Daxter, FF7: Crisis Core, Patapon, Loco Roco, Metal Gear Solid:portable Ops, Syphon Filter:Logan's Shadows, and Jeanne D'Arc are all incredible PSP exclusives. I admit the PSP doesn't have nearly the same quantity of AAA titles the PS2 has now, but those games I listed would easily take up a LOT of gaming time.

[quote name='bombboy']lol, better then the Touch but not the iPhone. I gave my PSP away to my girlfriend's cousin after I got my iPhone. I'll get a Slim eventually for games, but for multimedia? I'm covered ;P[/quote]

Iphone is a rip-off to.

Still, it's an attractive price -- though not my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there are a ton of must haves - Lumines I and II, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure (and the new one, can't remember the name), Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, GTA Liberty and Vice City stories, Namco Museum Battle, Capcom Classics Remixed and Reloaded, Hot Shots Golf Open Tee, Gitaroo Man Lives, Patapon, and God of War Chains of Olympus, among others. The only downside - lack of Rpg's - aside from Valkyrie Profile and Disgea (which is more of a strategy game than a role playing), plus the lazy Final Fantasy ports, there really aren't a lot to choose from.

[quote name='rebenns']Actually, there are a ton of must haves - Lumines I and II, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure (and the new one, can't remember the name), Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, GTA Liberty and Vice City stories, Namco Museum Battle, Capcom Classics Remixed and Reloaded, Hot Shots Golf Open Tee, Gitaroo Man Lives, Patapon, and God of War Chains of Olympus, among others. The only downside - lack of Rpg's - aside from Valkyrie Profile and Disgea (which is more of a strategy game than a role playing), plus the lazy Final Fantasy ports, there really aren't a lot to choose from.[/quote]

What are you talking about?! Lack of RPGs????!!

What happened to Jeanne d'arc, Breath of Fire 3 and FF Tactics?!

+ if you have Lumines 1, no reason to get the 2nd one!

i used to not like the Darth vader pic on the back but now i think it's quite cool. Waiting for it to be in my quick pick so i could get it for cheaper.

[quote name='menchirox']great link! thx![/quote]

No problem! I just found it today, so pretty interesting of a reading :)

[quote name='rebenns']Actually, there are a ton of must haves - Lumines I and II, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure (and the new one, can't remember the name), Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, GTA Liberty and Vice City stories, Namco Museum Battle, Capcom Classics Remixed and Reloaded, Hot Shots Golf Open Tee, Gitaroo Man Lives, Patapon, and God of War Chains of Olympus, among others. The only downside - lack of Rpg's - aside from Valkyrie Profile and Disgea (which is more of a strategy game than a role playing), plus the lazy Final Fantasy ports, there really aren't a lot to choose from.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess ... Again, I'm not saying the PSP is bad or anything. IMHO, I just think it's more valuable still as a device for non-gaming (or for emulations) than what's there. Lumines is fun, but most of those other titles are actually not IMHO killer apps. In fact, a good number of those are on the consoles (and arguably better on the PS2).

Add to that the fact that Publishers seem to bring the best PSP games over to the PS2 anyways and I'm even more torn on whether it's worth it. Rockstar has done that with the GTA series, and it's widely rumored that the recent GoW game on PSP will wind up on PS2 as well (I think EGM mentioned it and, well, it makes far too much business sense).

Maybe it's just that the same variety isn't there on the PSP as you have on the GBA or the DS. It's getting there, but nothing that strikes me. Of course, again, that doesn't mean it's a bad handheld -- just that a lot of the games aren't new experiences I'm interested in (I'm not an RPG guy), so I can't justify the price just to play essentially "reduced" or "mirrored" versions of PS2 games on-the-go.

Still though, I'm clearly writing here b/c I am semi-interested in the PSP :) May be when it goes down quite a bit more, I'll bite.

My PSP is a paperweight!! Anyone want it, its brand new w/ 4 gig stick $200 Paypal and I'll throw in the T2 UMD with it.

sounds more like you prefernce isnt what PSP has to offer. There are enough good PSP exclusive games. I am also guessing you never try the wifi funciton of Portable Ops either.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Yeah, I guess ... Again, I'm not saying the PSP is bad or anything. IMHO, I just think it's more valuable still as a device for non-gaming (or for emulations) than what's there. Lumines is fun, but most of those other titles are actually not IMHO killer apps. In fact, a good number of those are on the consoles (and arguably better on the PS2).[/quote]

Well, personal preference, as for me NONE of the platforms have any true killer apps right now, just good games. And when a game is on multiple platforms, all things being equal I'd prefer a portable version.

...and it's widely rumored that the recent GoW game on PSP will wind up on PS2 as well (I think EGM mentioned it and, well, it makes far too much business sense).

Ready at Dawn has flat out said that's not happening.

Maybe it's just that the same variety isn't there on the PSP as you have on the GBA or the DS.

I COMPLETELY disagree with that. If anything, I'd guess it might be better just because the Playstation has entire genres the DS can't even really do. The one genre that's probably better represented on the DS is PC style adventure games, which personally I hate.

[quote name='Supernova']PSP IS NICE BLAH BLAH BLAH. We know

Amazon.com prices always changing, tommorow it can go back to full price.[/QUOTE]

hhahha...ironic ;) deal is dead :D

I heard rumors that the current white PSP with the Star Wars game is being discontinued. Does anyone know if Sony will release another white PSP without a pack in game?

bread's done
Back