75% Off Select Game Downloads at Amazon

matttco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19940[/IMG-R]Amazon offers discounts up to 75% on select PC game downloads. Highlights include:

:pc: Grand Theft Auto IV $5
:pc: The Witcher - Enhanced Edition $5
:pc: BioShock 2 $5

iconamazon.gif
Year End Game Download Deals at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Highly recommend Arma 2: Combined Operations for $12.50. That is the ultimate military sandbox with almost unlimited options as to what you want to do. Also recommend Cryostasis for $3.25. It is one of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played but the story is fascinating and keeps you going. Just don't go in expecting brutal combat or anything like that. It's more of a first person adventure game with some shooting in it.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The PC version craps all over the console versions if you have a beastmode rig. You get a lot of whiny douches crying because Rockstar put some work into making a game that scales up and isn't a direct port...essentially they're butthurt that they can't max every slider. The console version has view distance set at the equivalent of something like 14, whereas you can put it up to 100 on the PC. You can up the amount of traffic dramatically, add a lot more detail to the effects, run the game in much higher resolution, ect...basically it's not hard to make the game require 10x the GPU power (or more) that the console versions push.

For reference, I have a two GTX 480s and an I7 at 4.2 ghz, and I can max every single slider in the game at 2560x1600 and play smoothly. When I had a pair of GTX 280s, I could play the game smoothly on 1920x1200 with settings far superior to the consoles, but nowhere close to maxed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed that the PC version is beastly. Plus there are some interesting mods that make the city look even better. (and spank my gpu while its at it).

Been looking for a deal on TBOGT for a while. Already own the first episode on 360

Wow, Dark Void Zero is now $4.95? Looks like someone doesn't want my business.

I didn't buy The Witcher last year on Steam when the price went from $6.75 to $12. Therefore, I'm not going to humor Amazon is they bump in a similar fashion.

I guess I'll be keeping my sights on Steam's sale.

Nail'd seems like a pretty good use of $10. I only played two races this morning but it's definitely a solid game. It's like PURE except the focus is on racing instead of doing silly tricks. The tracks I played were pretty epic, and the game seems optimized well (didn't even hitch or break vsynch a single time at 2560x1600 60fps maxed out). I doubt it has the depth to drop $60 on but it's great at this price, especially for such a new game.

[quote name='Revenant']This is a little off topic, but does anybody know how DLC works in ArmA2: Combined Ops if you buy it through Amazon? This is a great price, but I'd like to pick up the Private Military Company DLC as well and I don't see that on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

This is actually exactly what I'd like to know, as well.

After playing for a bit, I highly recommend the ArmA II Combined Ops package for $12.50 to anyone who likes tactical military games!

I love it!

Has there been any recent word on Star Trek going to free to play? I can't afford a monthly payment (yay unemployment!) but I played the hell out of the beta.

You could buy a few keys (each one has a month of playtime) and use them for a while, maybe.

Still haven't heard of it going F2P.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Looks like Amazon just added Mafia II: $12.50

I wonder if Amazon just gives you a code or something since Mafia II is a Steamworks game :?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. You can download through amazon or steam. I put the cd key in steam and am currently downloading w/ steam (steam downloads faster than amazon for me)

[quote name='p5ych0']Thanks for posting. You can download through amazon or steam. I put the cd key in steam and am currently downloading w/ steam (steam downloads faster than amazon for me)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. That price is about right for me.

[quote name='solaris389']X-Blades goes up to $9 if you try to buy it. I don't think SBK X lets you buy it at all.[/QUOTE]
Call Amazon.
I had the same problem with Zombie Shooter. They fixed it (gave me a credit for the difference applied to the purchase) over the phone. Actually ended up with the game cheaper...

[quote name='p5ych0']Thanks for posting. You can download through amazon or steam. I put the cd key in steam and am currently downloading w/ steam (steam downloads faster than amazon for me)[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks for reporting back.

I can also double confirm that the key provided in the download library will register on Steam.

Even if this does eventually show up as a daily deal on Steam I'm guessing it will probably be $15 or $10.

$12.50 is still a great deal if you're on the fence.

Sweet, I just got myself The Witcher Enhanced. Now to free up some space so I can play it, haha.

I tried activating this on Steam since they have the game on there, but it wouldn't work. =\ It's probably because the Steam version is the 'Enhanced Edition Directors Cut'. Boo! Would have been really nice to add it on there.

[quote name='pulsar0510']Call Amazon.
I had the same problem with Zombie Shooter. They fixed it (gave me a credit for the difference applied to the purchase) over the phone. Actually ended up with the game cheaper...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, but wound up not having to. Slept a bit, and it worked when I woke up.

X-Blades and SBK X are mine!

[quote name='Fragger']Sweet, I just got myself The Witcher Enhanced. Now to free up some space so I can play it, haha.

I tried activating this on Steam since they have the game on there, but it wouldn't work. =\ It's probably because the Steam version is the 'Enhanced Edition Directors Cut'. Boo! Would have been really nice to add it on there.[/QUOTE]

Yah witcher isnt a native steamworks title. Make sure you visit the official witcher site to get the latest patch and the director's cut content added in for free along with some other nice freebies.

Does amazon allow gift buys like in steam? downloads are not available in my country, but would like to have Lost Horizon for a 5er :(

[quote name='gunm']$12.50 for Mafia II is very tempting. Do I wait for Steam to match exceed? Hmm....[/QUOTE]

Steam match? Haha, they are too cocky to do that...

[quote name='gunm']$12.50 for Mafia II is very tempting. Do I wait for Steam to match exceed? Hmm....[/QUOTE]
It activates via Steam no matter what, and it's very unlikely you'll see this game under $9.99. I'll eat my hat if we see it for $7.50 or the like.

Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: By the way, per other people's results in this thread, I decided to go ahead and e-mail Amazon about their pricing game on Cryostasis. It's now back @ $3.25! We'll see if they feel the same about my overcharge.

Been wanted to try out The Witcher, and missed Steam, so grabbed it here. Still debating Mafia 2. Might just wait for it to go sub $20 for the Xbox 360.

[quote name='dabamus']No, it cannot.

It's a GFWL game, not a Steamworks game.[/QUOTE]

That's even better! I love me some Xbox Live achievements!

[quote name='eastx']If anyone buys Star Trek Online (for $2.50, c'mon), please PM me and let me send you a referral email before you activate the game. It helps me get some cool in-game items. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I can score that and refer myself for 2.50 to earn the frist teir of bounuses.

Nothing. Was probably just a PC gaming elitist. ;)

[quote name='jaredhenry13']What's wrong with getting xbox 360 achievements?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Nothing. Was probably just a PC gaming elitist. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not knocking achievements just how he said GFWL is better than Steamworks. Steamworks is way better than GFWL imo. I am glad you did point out the achievements though because it gives me another reason to pick it up cause I can doubledip the achievos with the 360 version.:D

For anyone wondering about DLC for Arma 2, I got this response on the Steam forums (from a dev):

as the STEAM DLCs need STEAM A2: OA for purchase and use
so for the AMAZON version
get DLC from us directly http://store.bistudio.com/
or other online stores

Looks like you can get the DLC from them, or you can get it at "other online stores." One of which seems to be Meridian4, which is the publisher listed on the Amazon listing. This is somewhat annoying, because I doubt they'll go on sale there.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1673497

Patches are also universal, so you can get them straight from the devs.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Not knocking achievements just how he said GFWL is better than Steamworks. Steamworks is way better than GFWL imo. I am glad you did point out the achievements though because it gives me another reason to pick it up cause I can doubledip the achievos with the 360 version.:D[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yeah Steam is better than GFWL. I would rather get XBL achievements than Steam achievements is what I meant.

Guys i want to buy Arma2 but am not sure if my pc can runt it. I don't know much about pc's so any help is appreciated, also I have tried Can You Run It(green bar stops in between fail and fast) but don't completely trust it.

I don't care about playing it on high settings as long as i can play it and doesn't look horrible.
My specs
Processor: P7350 Centrino 2 C2D @ 2.00ghz
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Screen:1366 x 768 laptop
Graphic Card: GTX 260M 1GB GDDR3

Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='Tallest_Midget']Guys i want to buy Arma2 but am not sure if my pc can runt it. I don't know much about pc's so any help is appreciated, also I have tried Can You Run It(green bar stops in between fail and fast) but don't completely trust it.

I don't care about playing it on high settings as long as i can play it and doesn't look horrible.
My specs
Processor: P7350 Centrino 2 C2D @ 2.00ghz
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Screen:1366 x 768 laptop
Graphic Card: GTX 260M 1GB GDDR3

Thanks in advance for any help.
[/QUOTE]

System Requirements at bottom of steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33900/

You meet the minimum system requirements so you should be able to run it on low at least.

P.S. What make and model is your laptop?

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Dual Core CPU (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster)
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GPU (Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Fast GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

[quote name='Oktoberfest']agh I hate how I can't use my $10 promotional credit[/QUOTE]

Yeah, What the hell? I have a 10 buck game/software download credit I couldn't use a few days ago. Is there a price minimum you need or something?

Tallest_Midget you can check if your system can play a game here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

[quote name='KingDox']Yeah, What the hell? I have a 10 buck game/software download credit I couldn't use a few days ago. Is there a price minimum you need or something?[/QUOTE]

Um... what the heck? Won't let me use mine either.

I had no idea there would be a problem. It says I have it, it just isn't showing up during checkout. It's odd, you'd think that $10 in downloading video game credit would, oh, I don't know, let you use $10 on downloading video games.

Anyone know what the deal is?

bread's done
Back