75% Off Select Game Downloads at Amazon

matttco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19940[/IMG-R]Amazon offers discounts up to 75% on select PC game downloads. Highlights include:

:pc: Grand Theft Auto IV $5
:pc: The Witcher - Enhanced Edition $5
:pc: BioShock 2 $5

iconamazon.gif
Year End Game Download Deals at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ticktack']I had this problem with bioshock 2 and it took me forever to find it.

Once installed, you can find the launcher .exe in:
program files\2k games\SP\Builds\Binaries\

and Merry Christmas to you too![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Every time I tried to start it, it would instantly crash. But now it works.

[quote name='avwjase']Will it work with a steam copy of GTA IV? I don't care if EFLC activates on steam, just want to know if it will work with my copy of GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

My understanding was that they're basically separate standalone games -- i.e. ELC doesn't require GTA IV to play. I'm not 100% sure, though.

[quote name='avwjase']Will it work with a steam copy of GTA IV? I don't care if EFLC activates on steam, just want to know if it will work with my copy of GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a standalone that doesn't even require the original game. I have Steam GTAIV but a hard copy of EFLC. Non-steam is superior because Steam has a nasty habit of updating the game even if you tell it not to, wrecking your mods. And then you have no way to get the game back to 1.0 and patch up to the version you want. I actually have to play an...illegitimate...version of GTAIV despite owning the Steam version because of this.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anyone have any issue with Stalker Pripyat? I have the first Stalker on Steam, will I run into issues trying to play it?[/QUOTE]

Yea, it detects your Steam install of the other one fine.

But be warned, the game uses TAGES protection. You don't even notice it(only when it prompts you to install it before first running the game), but some people just don't like crap like that on their computer.

[quote name='guyver2077']Whoa.. how does price guarantee work? I bought it for 7.50 yesterday. hate when this happens[/QUOTE]
You can call their hand if they have a price, raise it, and then drop it again. They refunded my 3.25 for Cryostasis; it was at $3.25, magically went up to $6.49 as I purchased, and then went back down to $3.25 the day after I ordered.

You might be able to get the difference since the proximity of purchase is very close, but I don't think they're required to do anything about it. Otherwise you'd have refunds on every sale ever.

[quote name='Yasae']You can call their hand if they have a price, raise it, and then drop it again. They refunded my 3.25 for Cryostasis; it was at $3.25, magically went up to $6.49 as I purchased, and then went back down to $3.25 the day after I ordered.

You might be able to get the difference since the proximity of purchase is very close, but I don't think they're required to do anything about it. Otherwise you'd have refunds on every sale ever.[/QUOTE]

Yea no go for refund on the difference for me. I should of just waited another day lol

I did get Mafia II, and I've been looking at Undergarden for $2.50 forever, but for some reason I can't decide if I'd prefer it on PC or XBL (and I skipped the 50% off XBL sale, too). Maybe I just don't want it :\

Well, I'd pick up GTA IV Stories, but after downloading GTA IV, the installation won't go through. It says "Your system is incompatible with Grand Theft Auto IV. Please follow the link below for more information."

When I follow the link, it talks on how you should have SP3 on XP. But I am using Windows 7. And I'm running a custom rig I just made that is well beyond the specs required to run it. This is annoying as I just traded in my PS3 copy of the game!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the right forum that helped me get through the process of installing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mokmoof']If I get DA:O:A on Amazon, will I be able to plug it into my EA Download Manager?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but if it helps, I put my steam key for ultimate edition into EADM and it took it lol. Im guessing that no matter where you get the bioware games at, it still uses EA based keys.

[quote name='mokmoof']If I get DA:O:A on Amazon, will I be able to plug it into my EA Download Manager?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should be able to. I got Awakening from Amazon, plugged it into EADM, and it worked without any problems.

I got AVP 2010 5$, Mirror's Edge 5$, Blade Kitten $2.50, and Divinity II TDKS $26.79. Would have got that off Steam but I had a bunch of Amazon credit.

bread's done
Back