$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']anyone got a psp go with a firmware with 6.20 or below yet?[/QUOTE]

I got one from Amazon right before Thanksgiving, it was 6.20. I'll say this about the Go. I like that it's small, but after playing some Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, my hands really started to cramp up. I never had that issue with my slim.

[quote name='gokou36']This is wrong btw, where'd you get that info from? All you have to do is register your PSP Go on the playstation website and wait. After you get your codes you can download it via PS3 or Media Go on the PC and copy it onto your PSP Go.
[/QUOTE]

Umm...it only says "sign into your existing PlayStation Network account or register for a new PlayStation Network account through the PSPGO system and we will then email you a voucher code..." in two different places on the sleeve wrapped around the box advertising the promotion. Not to mention the fact that I logged into the PSN store via the Go and got the codes without registering my system via the website. If people are getting them some other way, well ok, but all I know is three days after I logged on, I had the codes and I hadn't registered my system yet.

Oh well hopefully i can pick a GO up tommrow i was money short to get one used today..:| and hopefully my gamestop has used GO's ahhh what a day... xD. Cant wait D:.

[quote name='Vader582']I think the more appropriate topic is why you were placing VHS tapes in your back pockets?! :shock: :lol:[/QUOTE]

It was highschool, digital distribution and encoding of anime was non-existent, and I was worried about the tapes being crushed by textbooks.

All the used Go's are 6.3 out here. Daaaaamn. I have that $50 off coupon to Target, but don't know if I'll even get a good firmware.

Wow. I thought my pockets were small. I was like "I can only carry a phat PSP with the clamshell case on it." Apparently that's way more than the rest of the world.

[quote name='GizmoGC']All the used Go's are 6.3 out here. Daaaaamn. I have that $50 off coupon to Target, but don't know if I'll even get a good firmware.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to take off that slipcover advertising the three new games and see if there's a rock band unplugged ad on it. The target in Fort Collins had a couple of go's with an old firmware and the gamestops actually had a used one with 6.20. The Foothills Fashion Mall in FoCo SAYS that there is a used console in stock, but it's a defective model that they haven't sent out for repairs.

As far as I know, there really aren't any used gos in northern Colorado.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Is the rock band ad on the back of the box?[/QUOTE]
Front upper left corner.
It's advertising a free RBU Lite download voucher (in the box) with purchase.

[quote name='Vader582']Front upper left corner.
It's advertising a free RBU Lite download voucher (in the box) with purchase.[/QUOTE]

Ok great. Thanks.

Almost none of my GS's have PSPgos, but between my 3 old UMD games and the PSP3000 I got $110 - so this will be a break even for me if I can find one.

Wow, looks like HEN really opened the floodgates, I'm having trouble finding it new even for full price.

[quote name='n1c0']Wow, looks like HEN really opened the floodgates, I'm having trouble finding it new even for full price.[/QUOTE]

I think that's because Sony is not making a ton of these or they are ready to just end it.

calling Sony again for my code for the games, only reason I bought the PSP go. Tired of waiting, I actually want to play all three games because all three franchises are great.

Sigh. Thanks though. I just called a Gamestop that is a bus ride away and they have a few. I might go there tomorrow and pick one up.

Radio shack has it for $150 (up till 1/1) as well, they might also be giving out a $10 GC, though that could just be for the after boxing day sale. Finally found one used, but it's a bit too much of a drive for me... (25+ miles) Guess I'll either wait a little bit to see if any more turns up near me or for the new to drop again.

Found a white 6.10 used one at a gamestop near me. Most had 6.30+. The screen has a few scratches but when playing a game you don't see them. Wonder how easy it is to replace the plastic over the screen?

[quote name='bgame2']What is the most recent firmware someone has actually had on a new one? 6.31?[/QUOTE]

6.35 is the most recent.

Probably. 6.35/6.36 came out with Monster Hunter Portable 3 maybe two weeks ago, and I haven't noticed any new shipments of the Go since Thanksgiving. (Hell, I doubt most retailers have order new ones since launch. Most of the $150 sales are to get rid of that very first batch)

[quote name='thrasher086']Found a white 6.10 used one at a gamestop near me. Most had 6.30+. The screen has a few scratches but when playing a game you don't see them. Wonder how easy it is to replace the plastic over the screen?[/QUOTE]

If they're anything like the previous PSPs, you'd have to replace the whole front faceplate with a new one. An easy task on the phat or slim, but I have no experience on the Go to comment.

[quote name='sweetg1223']these are impossible to find around me. i went to a few gamestops, and after checking, nobody in the area has any. yikes.[/QUOTE]

This is probably due to its awful TIV. Most people realize they'd get more money from craigslist or even ebay after fees.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']If they're anything like the previous PSPs, you'd have to replace the whole front faceplate with a new one. An easy task on the phat or slim, but I have no experience on the Go to comment.

This is probably due to its awful TIV. Most people realize they'd get more money from craigslist or even ebay after fees.[/QUOTE]

It's like $45 and no tradein bonus. I'm shocked all of mine have them but all 6.3.

[quote name='n1c0']Wow, looks like HEN really opened the floodgates, I'm having trouble finding it new even for full price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty sad.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']If anybody is looking for a system to mod to play emulators and such, the DS Lite is a cheaper and better option.[/QUOTE]

Not really. You need to buy a special card to do it. PSP go is all there. No extra purchases needed.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Not really. You need to buy a special card to do it. PSP go is all there. No extra purchases needed.[/QUOTE]

It's still cheaper and better, bro. And VERY easy.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Sony must be wondering how they sold more than 50 units this month.[/QUOTE]

Probably :p

I meant it's more sad that now games can be pirated everyone wants one.

I'd like to give my honest assessment of the Go, now that I've had time to play it for a bit. I bought it originally with the promise that HEN would be out soon, and I wasn't disappointed by HEN at all. It's the Go itself that disappointed me. In terms of Pros, I really like the small form factor, built in memory, and bluetooth connectivity.

But it has some nasty cons. First and foremost is that had HEN and the ISO loader not been released, I wouldn't be able to play 90% of my existing PSP library on it. I'll still leave that as a con because it's not an official solution to a problem that the Go has had since its inception.

The second con is that proprietary connector. Having to rebuy cables for video out and such is a tad annoying. Having to choose between video out and charging isn't cool either.

Lastly, I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tried playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on the Go. It runs flawlessly on the homebrew tools, but after a healthy game session, my hands cramped up like crazy. It's the button placement, especially the L and R in relation to where my thumb has to be to use the analog nub. I never had that cramping issue with my Slim.

So in the end, I think the 150 I spent wasn't wasted, but if I had the chance to do it over, I'd have gone with the PSP 3000 instead.

-Edit

Another con, the battery life on the Go is abysmal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Y2Bogus']I'd like to give my honest assessment of the Go, now that I've had time to play it for a bit. I bought it originally with the promise that HEN would be out soon, and I wasn't disappointed by HEN at all. It's the Go itself that disappointed me. In terms of Pros, I really like the small form factor, built in memory, and bluetooth connectivity.

But it has some nasty cons. First and foremost is that had HEN and the ISO loader not been released, I wouldn't be able to play 90% of my existing PSP library on it. I'll still leave that as a con because it's not an official solution to a problem that the Go has had since its inception.

The second con is that proprietary connector. Having to rebuy cables for video out and such is a tad annoying. Having to choose between video out and charging isn't cool either.

Lastly, I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tried playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on the Go. It runs flawlessly on the homebrew tools, but after a healthy game session, my hands cramped up like crazy. It's the button placement, especially the L and R in relation to where my thumb has to be to use the analog nub. I never had that cramping issue with my Slim.

So in the end, I think the 150 I spent wasn't wasted, but if I had the chance to do it over, I'd have gone with the PSP 3000 instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Go is very uncomfortable to play for a very long time. It's just an awkward setup and size, especially for adult sized hands. Battery life is another big negative. Despite not having a UMD drive, the Go battery actually lasts a shorter amount of time than my old Slim PSP. I think in order to "slim" down the Go they sacrificed the battery life.

*edit* And the usb/charging cable port located on the bottom was a bad idea. I would often watch movies my PSP 3000 while it was plugged in. This wasn't a problem, since the USB port was on the top. The GO has the big-ass proprietary port on the bottom, so it's not an option to just prop it up against something to watch it while it's plugged.

[quote name='Taboner']Where can I find a new one for $150? Wasn't there a sale in a store?[/QUOTE]

Search the forums for a $50 off coupon to Target from Carl's Jr/Hardee's. I know that it comes in a $3 coupon book but you may be able to get some information as to where to locate a coupon for yourself.

[quote name='whoknows']Probably :p

I meant it's more sad that now games can be pirated everyone wants one.[/QUOTE]

I just want portable emulation. PSP games have very little interest for me.

ok i just got a GO still in box

im going to want to redeem the 3 games and eventually play downloadable games on the GO

from reading the entire thread it seems what i need to do is

1. not update psp go past 6.20
2. redeem 3 free games on my ps3 then transfer to GO
3. download HEN or ISO upload

???
to be honest not entirely sure what the HEN is capable of but all i know is I would love to play old school NES/ SNES games on the GO.
is that possible?

PM me please if you can give me some advice

Just bought one from Target with the coupon print out of the Carl's Jr 50 off coupon. (Cost me 168.xx after CA sales tax) It looks gorgeous. But the box it came in wasn't the 3 free games box, so it doesn't have any of the details as to how to redeem them. Anyone care to point me to the registration page?

EDIT : It was FW v5.70 for anyone wondering. Standard PSP Go (Black) box. No mentioning of the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a new Go for $150 and it had 6.10. Phew. Few questions:

Am I still eleigible for the 3 free games? My box made no mention of it.
Where can I get 6.2 firmware?

[quote name='whoknows']You new Go owners might want to look into this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282296&highlight=zagg[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. You know if it's the reflective kind or matte? Since the piano black plastic is a serious smudge magnet.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Got a new Go for $150 and it had 6.10. Phew. Few questions:

Where can I get 6.2 firmware?[/QUOTE]

There's one hosted on psp-hacks.com, not sure if I can post it here though.

[quote name='n1c0']Thanks man. You know if it's the reflective kind or matte? Since the piano black plastic is a serious smudge magnet.

There's one hosted on psp-hacks.com, not sure if I can post it here though.[/QUOTE]

I found it. Thanks though.

Picked up some Component cables as well. I assume a case would be a good idea...anyone have any reccomendations? I have $80 credit at GameStop so I figured I'd hit them up first.

bread's done
Back