$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

[quote name='n1c0']Thanks man. You know if it's the reflective kind or matte? Since the piano black plastic is a serious smudge magnet. .[/QUOTE]

Not sure, review say it helps hide fingerprints. So I'd assume it would help with that as well as protect it.

I have one coming, so I'll know soon

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking to use it as a mini-PSOne of sorts, a lot of people on gaf recommends the cradle so you can charge and play at the same time. As others have said, with the exception of the 3.5mm headphone jack, everything goes through the proprietary USB port. So you can either charge it or use the TV-out, but not both at the same time. Pretty sure the cradle eliminates that issue.

In terms of case, think there's only two kinds. A soft case, and this ;

http://www.amazon.com/PSPgo-Protect...ef=acc_glance_vg_ai_purchase_similarities_t_3

[quote name='n1c0']Just bought one from Target with the coupon print out of the Carl's Jr 50 off coupon. (Cost me 168.xx after CA sales tax) It looks gorgeous. But the box it came in wasn't the 3 free games box, so it doesn't have any of the details as to how to redeem them. Anyone care to point me to the registration page?[/QUOTE]

http://us.playstation.com/registration/product/

Call/email them after 7 business days if you don't get the codes.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Can't get HBL to load. When I press the R Trigger on Papotan 2 it just freezes, goes black, and shuts itself off.[/QUOTE]

What firmware do you have?

[quote name='josh62488']i just opened my new psp gp and powered it on
i have firmware 5.7

am i in the clear to hack it?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Just do a manual update into 6.2, start up HBL, and load HEN.

[quote name='dallow']I've never heard of a Go having anything higher than 6.2.[/QUOTE]

Nice, so as long as I buy a new one it should be safe. Thanks.

I have not heard of "new & factory sealed" PSP GO above 6.20 either. Used ones are most likely on 6.35 though, which does have its own HBL but it doesn't run homebrew that well yet.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']I'd like to give my honest assessment of the Go, now that I've had time to play it for a bit. I bought it originally with the promise that HEN would be out soon, and I wasn't disappointed by HEN at all. It's the Go itself that disappointed me. In terms of Pros, I really like the small form factor, built in memory, and bluetooth connectivity.

But it has some nasty cons. First and foremost is that had HEN and the ISO loader not been released, I wouldn't be able to play 90% of my existing PSP library on it. I'll still leave that as a con because it's not an official solution to a problem that the Go has had since its inception.

The second con is that proprietary connector. Having to rebuy cables for video out and such is a tad annoying. Having to choose between video out and charging isn't cool either.

Lastly, I mentioned earlier in this thread, I tried playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on the Go. It runs flawlessly on the homebrew tools, but after a healthy game session, my hands cramped up like crazy. It's the button placement, especially the L and R in relation to where my thumb has to be to use the analog nub. I never had that cramping issue with my Slim.

So in the end, I think the 150 I spent wasn't wasted, but if I had the chance to do it over, I'd have gone with the PSP 3000 instead.

-Edit

Another con, the battery life on the Go is abysmal.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a pretty fair assessment of the issues with the PSPgo. I was fairly disappointed when I heard of the proprietary multi-connecter as well since I often liked to use the Go as a portable media player on friend's TVs and just keep it plugged in for the duration.

In response to the cramped hands issue though, the one nice thing about the PSPgo's controller options is that you can hook a PS3 controller up to it via Bluetooth and play it that way. Not a very practical solution if you're on the go (no pun intended), but if you're playing at home or in a stationary location, especially when using TV out, it can be a nice convenience that's even more comfortable than holding a full sized PSP. Obviously it's purely situational as to whether you'd take advantage of that feature or not, but at least it's one way to avoid using the PSPgo's awkward control placement.

Still, think I might pick up a Go since with the B2G1F used promotion going on, the Go should count as one of the two normal priced used games/accessories so you can essentially pick up two games for the price of one with it.

[quote name='Edge']
Still, think I might pick up a Go since with the B2G1F used promotion going on, the Go should count as one of the two normal priced used games/accessories so you can essentially pick up two games for the price of one with it.[/QUOTE]

Why exactly would you think this?

[quote name='n1c0']Why exactly would you think this?[/QUOTE]

Because it's worked before: used consoles would be considered a used product in a B2G1F promotion, so if you're buying a used system, you only need 1 more used product in order for it to ring up a third one as free (but note that a used console CAN'T be discounted as a free item, so no buying 3 PSP GOs for the cost of 2 or anything).

It's possible they've changed that rule though, since I haven't bought used systems from them for a long time.

[quote name='Edge']Because it's worked before: used consoles would be considered a used product in a B2G1F promotion, so if you're buying a used system, you only need 1 more used product in order for it to ring up a third one as free (but note that a used console CAN'T be discounted as a free item, so no buying 3 PSP GOs for the cost of 2 or anything).

It's possible they've changed that rule though, since I haven't bought used systems from them for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Never heard of this. Might hop on a used PS2 if this is true.

[quote name='Edge']Because it's worked before: used consoles would be considered a used product in a B2G1F promotion, so if you're buying a used system, you only need 1 more used product in order for it to ring up a third one as free (but note that a used console CAN'T be discounted as a free item, so no buying 3 PSP GOs for the cost of 2 or anything).

It's possible they've changed that rule though, since I haven't bought used systems from them for a long time.[/QUOTE]

this is news

Holy Crap he's right. Just did: Refurbished PS2 and two 19.99 DS games online. It took 19.99 off the price when I applied the B2G1Sale code. Great call Edge.

[quote name='elitewillie']Where are u guys finding the 50 off coupon for target?[/QUOTE]

Carls Jr / Hardees - good luck finding it though, every Hardees I went to was CLUELESS - there's a thread somewhere.

[quote name='Izod517']Carls Jr / Hardees - good luck finding it though, every Hardees I went to was CLUELESS - there's a thread somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Every Carls out here had the book for $1.99. Used the coupon already.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone know what firmware the PSPGos at Target likely come with?[/QUOTE]

My Go did NOT have the 3 game mentions anywhere on the box and was 6.1 when I booted it up. So this might be new product Sony just shipped, which is good for people who want to hack it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']My Go did NOT have the 3 game mentions anywhere on the box and was 6.1 when I booted it up. So this might be new product Sony just shipped, which is good for people who want to hack it.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the info. I'll keep this in mind when I'm hunting. So far no Targets near me seem to have any more PSP Gos.

whats the safest way to redeem the 3 games if i know im going to want to load hen on my psp go?

if I sign in through my account on psp go will I have to update??

[quote name='Taboner']Hacked mine with my ease! :)[/QUOTE]

Mines done now too. Just trying to figure out PSNLover so I can actually buy some games from Sony.

[quote name='GizmoGC']My Go did NOT have the 3 game mentions anywhere on the box and was 6.1 when I booted it up. So this might be new product Sony just shipped, which is good for people who want to hack it.[/QUOTE]

My Go had the slip and it was 6.20. It's possible your retailer may have pulled the slip covers off before selling them. I don't see why, but, it's possible. The slip is an extra cover, there's a full PSP Go box under it.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']My Go had the slip and it was 6.20. It's possible your retailer may have pulled the slip covers off before selling them. I don't see why, but, it's possible. The slip is an extra cover, there's a full PSP Go box under it.[/QUOTE]

True. It was the only Go (they have 8 other PSPs and only 12 games!). I'm going to try and register it anyway.

A fair warning here: I have bought 3 PSP Gos in the last 2 days, 1 from Gamestop, 1 from Radioshack, and 1 from Target. ALL had the slip cover for the 3 games and ALL of them had 6.3x. Needless to say, I'm quite frustrated so beware if you're only buying for HEN.

I live in Houston, btw, and these motherfuckers are hard to find. Haven't even seen a white one.

[quote name='mith0s']A fair warning here: I have bought 3 PSP Gos in the last 2 days, 1 from Gamestop, 1 from Radioshack, and 1 from Target. ALL had the slip cover for the 3 games and ALL of them had 6.3x. Needless to say, I'm quite frustrated so beware if you're only buying for HEN.

I live in Houston, btw, and these motherfuckers are hard to find. Haven't even seen a white one.[/QUOTE]

Damn even the one from Target had 6.3??? I'm assuming these were all new?

I really need a PSP Go! I still have not played my KH:BBS because I'm afraid to damage my limited edition slim PSPs. This is making me hesitant especially considering it would be hard to return if I bought one that had 6.3 loaded.

[quote name='mith0s']A fair warning here: I have bought 3 PSP Gos in the last 2 days, 1 from Gamestop, 1 from Radioshack, and 1 from Target. ALL had the slip cover for the 3 games and ALL of them had 6.3x. Needless to say, I'm quite frustrated so beware if you're only buying for HEN.

I live in Houston, btw, and these motherfuckers are hard to find. Haven't even seen a white one.[/QUOTE]
Ouch, first I heard of 6.3x in the wild.

HEN should come out for this version though, who knows when.

I'm running into that with used ones around here, like someone went out of the way to update them or something. Thinking about just buying one anyway and just waiting since it is bound to get CFW sooner or later.

[quote name='dallow']Ouch, first I heard of 6.3x in the wild.

HEN should come out for this version though, who knows when.[/QUOTE]

When it does is when I'll finally bite on a Go. I can't afford to take the plunge again unless I can bring my entire library for the ride and buy new. I'm sure by then or a few months after everything will be golden or a good sale will pop up again.

[quote name='coolsteel']I'm running into that with used ones around here, like someone went out of the way to update them or something. Thinking about just buying one anyway and just waiting since it is bound to get CFW sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

Remember - the only way to get new games on the PSP is through the PSN Store. And the PSN Store requires you have up to date firmware. So you're going to run into that problem a lot, if the person who owned it before played a lot of games on it. All 4 I checked were 6.3 (and all had games). I'm going to buy another one this weekend for $99 used. Really loving this so far.

I just picked one of these babies up a couple days ago and I'm loving it! I got it used from GameStop and it's in superb condition. The guy seemed to know what I was looking for what I said I just wanted to check something on it, but he didn't seem to care. Luckily it had the magical 6.20 number in the system info and after installing HEN I've fallen in love with the PSP all over again.

question
I want to run HEN, so if I want to download 3 free games i should not update when i try to log into psn right?

anybody got advice how to redeem games but still be able to load HEN?

Use MediaGo to download the games from your account to your PC and then transfer to your PSP Go. You can also go on the PSN Store on MediaGo and purchase games/demos (i.e. Patapon 2) if you wish.

[quote name='mr_bungle']It's funny that everyone is loving on the PSPGo now, and a few months ago all you heard was hate lol.[/QUOTE]

Few months? Since release pretty much. I got mine at launch and sold my physical library (which I had cleared every game anyway). Purchased games I wanted at my pace and now with HEN on the Go (6.2 PSP here, woot), I'm enjoying myself just a tad bit more. Welcome to the Go party guys ;)

[quote name='mr_bungle']It's funny that everyone is loving on the PSPGo now, and a few months ago all you heard was hate lol.[/QUOTE]

Yea, amazing how fixing the HUGE problem with the GO by allowing people to finally play all their UMD's on the system has that effect. Go figure. The only truly funny part is the "fix" wasn't from Sony and it was a fix to THEIR mistake. As usual just showing Sony continues to be their own worst enemy.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Use MediaGo to download the games from your account to your PC and then transfer to your PSP Go. You can also go on the PSN Store on MediaGo and purchase games/demos (i.e. Patapon 2) if you wish.[/QUOTE]

Look who the expert is now ;)

[quote name='ponn01']Yea, amazing how fixing the HUGE problem with the GO by allowing people to finally play all their UMD's on the system has that effect. Go figure. The only truly funny part is the "fix" wasn't from Sony and it was a fix to THEIR mistake. As usual just showing Sony continues to be their own worst enemy.[/QUOTE]

if it aint broke, then dont fix it

[quote name='ponn01']Yea, amazing how fixing the HUGE problem with the GO by allowing people to finally play all their UMD's on the system has that effect. Go figure. The only truly funny part is the "fix" wasn't from Sony and it was a fix to THEIR mistake. As usual just showing Sony continues to be their own worst enemy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Had Sony just allowed people to 'copy' their UMDs to the Go (using some sort of method to where it would only play on your Go and no one elses), the Go would have been a decent seller. But they didn't and now they are probably wondering why they went from selling 50 a month to a couple thousand.

Can someone repost the link to where you redeem for 3 free games?

Or is it just automatic if I create an ID and sign into the PSN store?

bread's done
Back