A boy and his blob 15$ new @ amazon 12.84 used free shipping with prime

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Boy-His-Blob-...&creativeASIN=B002FG9MWE?tag=cheapassgam08-20
walmart also has it @ 15 bucks but you have to pay tax and pay for shipping or wait for site to store

I think this is a good price for a fun piece of nostalgia.
The next lowest price I could find was on gamestop its 17.99 used, and we all know the quality of there used games.

edit: there are a couple of used copies on amazon eligable for prime for about 13 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about picking this up for a while... but am still on the fence at this price. Any recommendations?

edit: watched a few video reviews and decided to spring for it.

You know how I know this game is truly wonderful? I bought it at full price and I'm not jealous of those who can have it for $15...I'm happy for them. Buy it!

I found it way too hard, but I'm still thrilled when someone makes an actual 2D game on (sort of) a console.

Yeah, buy it! Seriously though, I got this on launch day, thought it was cool for about a week then moved on...I guess it also plays into the nature of the Wii sitting next to a 360 and PS3..

I can agree with Wolfpup, it did get a little difficult and once you get over the nostalgia factor, it becomes a little meh (same w/ the Punch Out!)..but truly a classic to pick up!

This game is awesome, and a steal for this price. It can be a bit hard, but c'mon. A hard 2D puzzle-platformer? Since when is that a bad thing? Basically, this game is kinda like Limbo with the brightness turned up. And a hug button. (Or I guess one could look at it the other way: Limbo is kind of like a dark, lonely, emo ABaHB.)

Thanks for the heads up! Ordered this on Monday for $17.44, but emailed Amazon and was lucky enough to get my $2.44 back through their "one-time exception" price guarantee, since I haven't even received the game yet!

just picked this up. thanks a lot. haven't played my wii in ages, maybe it's time to get back to it. thanks op.

[quote name='ev_rock']You know how I know this game is truly wonderful? I bought it at full price and I'm not jealous of those who can have it for $15...I'm happy for them. Buy it![/QUOTE]
I completely agree with this.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I found it way too hard, but I'm still thrilled when someone makes an actual 2D game on (sort of) a console.[/QUOTE]
The puzzles were hard at some point, but you get infinite lives (and jellybeans) and there are practically dozens of checkpoints in every level.

If you have prime you can get a slightly used version for $13.xx. It is slightly cheaper but I will see if this is a good game. I pretty much need to get back to playing the Wii. It has been collecting dust as of late (not literally).

This game is awesome. It's very much like LIMBO but much much better. Too bad it got ignored due to lack of marketing, while LIMBO (which is also a great game) sold well because Microsoft put in a ton of marketing for it. Blame the media for their bias.

I don't know about that-the Limbo demo at least was a lot better than this. Full game might also be way too hard though, but..

[quote name='aosora13']If you have prime you can get a slightly used version for $13.xx. It is slightly cheaper but I will see if this is a good game. I pretty much need to get back to playing the Wii. It has been collecting dust as of late (not literally).[/QUOTE]

added this to the op, if you dont mind a used copy why not save 2 more bucks :)

[quote name='formerroadie']I'm tempted but I heard there is going to be a version on the 3DS. Anyone know anything about that?[/QUOTE]

For 15 bucks u could just play both

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, buy it! Seriously though, I got this on launch day, thought it was cool for about a week then moved on...I guess it also plays into the nature of the Wii sitting next to a 360 and PS3..

I can agree with Wolfpup, it did get a little difficult and once you get over the nostalgia factor, it becomes a little meh (same w/ the Punch Out!)..but truly a classic to pick up![/QUOTE]

If you are nostalgic for something like the original game, then difficulty shouldn't be an issue. The original was insanely hard.

You said "3DS" and for a minute my brain processed it as "3DO" and I thought you were joking :lol:

It's still up in the air as to how powerful the 3DS is IMO...supposedly it's a Tegra chip, but what? It could be an underclocked Tegra 1, which would at best put it up against the PSP...or it could be a full speed Tegra 2, which would mean it stomps on everything but the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3...I'd lean towards the former though based on Nintendo's history of cheaping out, plus the screen shots which mostly look sub-PSP level...still though, the DS could probably do a solid rendition of the game.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I don't know about that-the Limbo demo at least was a lot better than this. Full game might also be way too hard though, but..[/QUOTE]

What in Limbo is better than this? It's a fine game, but it relies heavily on cheap trial and error, instead of clever level design that make you think (which this game has).

IMO this relies heavily on cheap trial and error. I don't know, I may not like the full game Limbo if I ever play it, but the demo was really atmospheric. I might get just as pissed off at it though.

I noticed in one user review on Metacritic that this only allows a single save game slot - anyone know if that's true? That could be an issue if that's the case because I think this is a game the wife would want to play too.

There is only 1 save slot. The game auto-saves, and the only way for anyone to start a new game is to delete the current one.

Anyway, if you like puzzle/platform games, it's a must buy.

[quote name='Dezuria']There is only 1 save slot. The game auto-saves, and the only way for anyone to start a new game is to delete the current one.

Anyway, if you like puzzle/platform games, it's a must buy.[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer about the single save slot, but not a dealbreaker. It sounds like it's more puzzle solving than platforming/action, so maybe that's something we could play together (like we did on Zack and Wiki).

I think I'll pick it up, thanks for the feedback.

I remember renting this as a kid, not knowing what to do, feeding my blob all my jellybeans, then wandering around aimlessly.

I'd like to revisit it at one point

[quote name='spuffin']I remember renting this as a kid, not knowing what to do, feeding my blob all my jellybeans, then wandering around aimlessly.

I'd like to revisit it at one point[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the original was horrible. The characters were cute, but everything about the game design was frustrating. This is a massive update that keeps the characters, but puts them in an interesting game.

For anyone who has gaming coupons from Kmart, A Boy and His Blob is also $15 there.

just being a bit anal, but did anyone's new copy come shrink-wrapped?? got mines today and it looks like it. i'm just comparing with other new unopened wii games i have and they're not shrink wrapped this way. kinda questioning if this is a new copy or not. oh well, just wondering.

bread's done
Back