A Few Amazon Wii Deals for 36.99

I'm still toying with getting and finishing Super Paper Mario. It's the game I originally bought a Wii for, but when I rented it I didn't like it that much and quit halfway through, but I still sort of want to finish it.

Paper Mario is pretty boring, so probably not worth it if you already played some of it. It's one of those games that feels like it plays itself and would acheive the same results whether you were interacting with it or not.

Otherwise, these are all good prices for new copies. Most places have them used for about $10 cheaper.

[quote name='kube00']or you can get them used from Gamefly[/quote]
Can we stop with these comments? They are unnecessary and add nothing to a thread. I can't be the only one that gets annoyed seeing them. It's not far off from someone coming in to each thread saying "or you can get it used from GameStop", is this really necessary?

[quote name='silentspork']Can we stop with these comments? They are unnecessary and add nothing to a thread. I can't be the only one that gets annoyed seeing them. It's not far off from someone coming in to each thread saying "or you can get it used from GameStop", is this really necessary?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those comments are completely unnecessary.

[quote name='silentspork']Can we stop with these comments? They are unnecessary and add nothing to a thread. I can't be the only one that gets annoyed seeing them. It's not far off from someone coming in to each thread saying "or you can get it used from GameStop", is this really necessary?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. There'd be some value if he provided price information, but this is as useful as saying: Available from other sellers!

[quote name='wii skiier']Paper Mario is pretty boring, so probably not worth it if you already played some of it. It's one of those games that feels like it plays itself and would acheive the same results whether you were interacting with it or not.[/QUOTE]

I just found it frustrating more than fun. I was constantly getting stuck, having to really struggle to figure out what I was supposed to do next. I sure wanted to like it-I mean a (sort of) 2D Mario game and all...but...

To make the GameFly comment actually worthwhile:

Super Mario Galaxy - $29.69

Super Paper Mario - $34.64

Metroid Prime 3 - $24.74

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games - $24.74

Mario Strikers Charged - $27.71

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $29.69

GameFly's games are usually in good condition, and the cases/manuals are never used before you get them. With these prices, you might as well get SPM from Amazon. Galaxy and Brawl aren't that much less consideirng they're used, but Prime and Sonic & Mario are a good amount less.

Note that those prices are not including tax and shipping (The latter only applies to non-members).

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I really enjoyed Paper Mario--found it a refreshing hybrid. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose...[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm easily frustrated I suppose. Too hard or annoying or something for me. Weirdly, I've like each Paper Mario game progressively less than the one before. And I still vastly prefer Super Mario RPG and then the Mario & Luigi games (especially the second one).

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']To make the GameFly comment actually worthwhile:

Super Mario Galaxy - $29.69

Super Paper Mario - $34.64

Metroid Prime 3 - $24.74

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games - $24.74

Mario Strikers Charged - $27.71

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $29.69

GameFly's games are usually in good condition, and the cases/manuals are never used before you get them. With these prices, you might as well get SPM from Amazon. Galaxy and Brawl aren't that much less consideirng they're used, but Prime and Sonic & Mario are a good amount less.

Note that those prices are not including tax and shipping (The latter only applies to non-members).[/quote]
This is useful, and I certainly appreciate multiple options in a thread when they are substantial like this. Thank you!

Is there ANYONE out there who owns a Wii and not Super Mario Galaxy? BUY IT! Seriously, it's THE reason so far to own a Wii IMO. It's to date the only Wii game I've played that I've thought was worth much of anything...but it's not just worth something, it's almost worth buying the system for IMO. (You should have heard Gaz from Game Theory and PC Gamer's podcasts go on and on ab out it last year...and it really was that great!)

I'm NOT a fan of Super Mario 64 or Sunshine (I say this to point out I'm not some raving fanboy). The former was kind of generic (I blew through it on it's launch weekend and mostly just wished I'd gotten a real Mario game), and Sunshine looked great but was crazy hard. Galaxy for the first time actually feels like a real Mario game. Has the kind of crazy inventiveness and power ups and great control you'd expect from a real Mario game.

It's also the only Wii game I've played that's graphically impressive. Most Wii stuff can't stack up to the better Gamecube stuff. Galaxy actually looks great on my HD TV (which, admittedly, is a Sony so it has a great scaler)-it's just plain a great looking game on top of everything else.

Of course it would have looked even better and probably had even better gameplay on a real next-gen system...but still, it kicks ass :)

It's by the new Nintendo team that also did DK: Jungle Beat-which also was a real surprise, looked fantastic, and was really fun and inventive. That team is the best thing going at Nintendo right now. IMO they need to be singled out-get their own logo, and really promoted, because based on just their first two games they're incredible, and are practically the exact opposite of what most of the rest of Nintendo has become (Intelligent Systems excluded).

EDIT: I have NOT played Warioland yet though-and bought the game and a second Wii just to play that. So it will hopefully also go on my "actual reasons to buy a Wii" list.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is there ANYONE out there who owns a Wii and not Super Mario Galaxy? BUY IT! Seriously, it's THE reason so far to own a Wii IMO. It's to date the only Wii game I've played that I've thought was worth much of anything...but it's not just worth something, it's almost worth buying the system for IMO. (You should have heard Gaz from Game Theory and PC Gamer's podcasts go on and on ab out it last year...and it really was that great!)

I'm NOT a fan of Super Mario 64 or Sunshine (I say this to point out I'm not some raving fanboy). The former was kind of generic (I blew through it on it's launch weekend and mostly just wished I'd gotten a real Mario game), and Sunshine looked great but was crazy hard. Galaxy for the first time actually feels like a real Mario game. Has the kind of crazy inventiveness and power ups and great control you'd expect from a real Mario game.

It's also the only Wii game I've played that's graphically impressive. Most Wii stuff can't stack up to the better Gamecube stuff. Galaxy actually looks great on my HD TV (which, admittedly, is a Sony so it has a great scaler)-it's just plain a great looking game on top of everything else.

Of course it would have looked even better and probably had even better gameplay on a real next-gen system...but still, it kicks ass :)

It's by the new Nintendo team that also did DK: Jungle Beat-which also was a real surprise, looked fantastic, and was really fun and inventive. That team is the best thing going at Nintendo right now. IMO they need to be singled out-get their own logo, and really promoted, because based on just their first two games they're incredible, and are practically the exact opposite of what most of the rest of Nintendo has become (Intelligent Systems excluded).

EDIT: I have NOT played Warioland yet though-and bought the game and a second Wii just to play that. So it will hopefully also go on my "actual reasons to buy a Wii" list.[/quote]
I'm one, at least :p I still need to get Galaxy at some point, but I've got so many other games I haven't bothered. Plus, I didn't like Super Mario 64, which most people compare it to.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Exodus.Lang']I'm one, at least :p I still need to get Galaxy at some point, but I've got so many other games I haven't bothered. Plus, I didn't like Super Mario 64, which most people compare it to.[/QUOTE]

Well I..hmm...I didn't HATE Super Mario 64. I've played through it once on the N64 and once on the DS, but it didn't do much for me. It was just another game to blow through, not this "OH MY GOSH IT'S THE BEST THING EVER IT'S REVOLUTIONARY" thing that everyone seems to think.

But I love the real Super Mario Bros. series and the first Super Mario World-and while Galaxy to me isn't on part with SMB3, World, or New Super Mario Bros. it's the first 3D one that IMO is in those games league, and actually feels like a real Mario game...if that helps.

[quote name='silentspork']Can we stop with these comments? They are unnecessary and add nothing to a thread. I can't be the only one that gets annoyed seeing them. It's not far off from someone coming in to each thread saying "or you can get it used from GameStop", is this really necessary?[/quote]
Yes, thank you! We are all aware that used games are usually a few bucks cheaper than new games. If the thread is specifically about new prices, "you could get it cheaper used" is not helpful.

It should include the game, case, and manual. The case and manual should be flawless, the game could vary. Though I've had good luck with the discs. If you rent it first, you can take a look at it, decide if you like the copy okay. (Seems like fewer people chew on discs from Gamefly and Netflix-or whatever it is weird people seem to do with rental discs).

[quote name='david12795']But does mario galaxy come complete when ordering from gamefly?[/quote]

Yes. I've ordered from them a couple of times and the game, case, and manual are alway in perfect condition.

If you still haven't used the Live 25% off for Ebay yet, that is also a great option to get these games cheap. I got Mario Galaxy for just under $20. You could easily obtain any of these titles new using this deal for around $30 shipped as well.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']I'm one, at least :p I still need to get Galaxy at some point, but I've got so many other games I haven't bothered. Plus, I didn't like Super Mario 64, which most people compare it to.[/quote]

Ditto. Well, except that I DID like Super Mario 64... But with all these games out there (many of which I DO own and haven't found the time to get to), this one just hasn't made it home yet.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is there ANYONE out there who owns a Wii and not Super Mario Galaxy? BUY IT! Seriously, it's THE reason so far to own a Wii IMO. It's to date the only Wii game I've played that I've thought was worth much of anything...but it's not just worth something, it's almost worth buying the system for IMO. (You should have heard Gaz from Game Theory and PC Gamer's podcasts go on and on ab out it last year...and it really was that great!)[/QUOTE]Galaxy I got but I still need to pick up Prime 3 (I got 1 and 2) and I probably need to pick up Paper Mario but as I've still to finish the previous game in both series I've been putting it off till a good sale. This is ALMOST good enough to get me to bite. But since i just picked up Dragon Quest, Dokapon Kingdom and Lego Starwars Complete all for $20 each. I almost made it in time for Contra 4 for $10. I'm darn near broke as it is. With my luck Amazon will drop the price on FFIV:ds: and FFCC:ROF:ds: what happens if they finally drop Sonic Rush Adventure. Sonic Rush was great (at least the Sonic Half) or Okami:wii:

To bring this thread back from the dead: Price still applies to Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy as of 6AM Saturday. Just bought Galaxy $37.99, and free shipping.

Super Paper Mario went up to full price at some point today. IMO Galaxy is a far better game though.

thanks OP!

will take a look at these deals
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']To make the GameFly comment actually worthwhile:

...[/quote]

what's up with these referral links: www. dpbolvw .net? they disgust me.

[quote name='darkblade']what's up with these referral links: www. dpbolvw .net? they disgust me.[/QUOTE]

From previous Gamefly sales, those are CHEAPY's referral links, I believe:

"http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1312731-10361644?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamefly.com%2Fproducts%2Fdetail.asp%3Fpid%3D129345"

I didn't put those in, so they must have been added in later. My links were just the straight links from the site.

[quote name='darkblade']what's up with these referral links: www. dpbolvw .net? they disgust me.[/QUOTE]

As others have pointed out, the CAG forums automatically convert links to several sites into referral links... I believe Play-Asia works the same way.

bread's done
Back