a few random good deals at Buy.com

assegai

CAG Veteran
I was looking for stuff to use the $10 google checkout coupon on at Buy.com, and found these:

Rogue Trooper(xbox) - $8.66
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers (xbox) - $8.66
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee (psp) - $8.66
The Hobbit (ps2) - $9.80

You might find these for cheaper at a B&M store, but I think these are good as far as online deals go...

Nice prices, I would have taken a chance and ordered Hot Shots Golf and maybe another game from the site to get over $30 for the $10 off but seeing what happened to my last Buy.com order (the $8.94 360 games) which was cancelled without notification and only being refunded $13 at first instead of the full $30, I am hesitant to order from them again.

Their customer service people seems to get confused easily.

I had some problems with an order I paid with paypal a while back (I forgot why I used paypal instead of a straight CC transaction). I forgot what the problem was exactly, but it wasn't anything major.

Anyway, they basically had to cancel my order 3 times, they also refunded me 3 times. Though a week later, a package showed up at my door. My canceled order was shipped, with no charge to my paypal account. About 200 dollars worth + a rebate for 100 (which I got, used the packing slip)

I've had this happed to me a couple times before, and no other vendor gave a damn. I told them to send me a label to ship it back, they said ok, though nothing comes. So I make it a rule to not care anymore and didn't call them up. I think of this as Buddha showing me how much he loves me, lol.

I personally never had a real problem with them. They did cancel one order I put in once but gave me a gift certificate. No other problems with them.

Yeah, I dealt with Buy.com for the first time last week. I ordered Gun and The Outfit for the 360 + 1600 Marketplace Points to qualify for $10 off through Google Checkout. Once I found out that I would not be receiving the 360 games, I decided to cancel my order and request a full refund. the 1600 points have already been shipped, and I've asked for instructions on how to return the item to them once it arrives. So far they have yet to reply, so my fingers are crossed that I'll get to keep the points... but even so I'll be staying away from Buy.com for future purchases.

I bought a monitor from them fine. The only problem was they needed me to fax them a copy of my driver's license and credit card... wtf?

I've never had a problem with Buy.com. I've been buying from them regularly for the past five years (I think I used the Google Checkout deal eight times last month) and I've never had a bad experience.

I had good experience with Buy.com on several orders until the latest. I ordered a book using Google Checkout. They sent a book, alright: not even close to the book I ordered - somebody else's order, they live clear across the country. I notified Buy.com via their support page and got an e-mail that the message could not be delivered.

After repeating my message, Buy.com kept telling me how to return the book I ordered. It took several messages to get through to them that I never received the book I ordered. Now they demand I return the book they sent me before they will send me the correct book. And since they ship their books in ad-hoc packaging (not a box, like Amazon) that gets destroyed when you open it, and won't provide a proper mailer, I just hope they don't fuss when they get their book back looking rather the worse for UPS wear.

I hope it's just coincidence that this FUBAR order was a Google Checkout order.

[quote name='I82Much']I bought a monitor from them fine. The only problem was they needed me to fax them a copy of my driver's license and credit card... wtf?[/QUOTE]

I would NOT have done that. There's no legitimate reason for them to be asking for that.

Sounds like Buy.com should be avoided. I wouldn't have minded Hot Shots Golf, but oh well.

I had the same problem with Buy.com and the cheap games last week. The Outfit and Gun got cancelled and I recieved the refund in two seperate installments for some reason. And when I figured out what was going on they told me they were still shipping the Star Wars books I bought to push it over $30 and retracted the $10 off, so I cancelled. Not sure if the books were already shipped. I won't be ordering with them for some time unless its a deal that I can't pass up!

They screwed me over too. Cancelled GUN after already shipping the two books I ordered to push it to $30. So my total was 29.93 and Google took away the discount. I have tried emailing but they sent me some bogus canned response to contact Google. This is a bullshit scam and I recommend everyone avoid them like the plague.

Uhhhhhmmm.... I may have overreacted a bit. My refund posted on my card today, and it was adjusted so I still got the Google discount. It wasn't shown that way on the email Google sent me. I guess I should have waited before firing off. I'm still not happy they pulled the price on the 360 games, but they did alright on this part.

So far, anyway. I guess proceed with caution.

Same thing with me, I ordered the Outfit, amoung other items, Buy.com cancelled and I lost my google discount.

1-877-780-2464 is the Buy.com CS telephone number.

i bought a expandable phone set from them a month or two ago and had no problem with them, fast shipping to. sucks about the 360 games though, i almost jumped on that to.

bread's done
Back