A new PS3 model with Uncharted 3 Game of the Year Edition September 25th

ckc4043

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/systems/uncharted3-gameofyear-bundle.html

A new PS3 model was just announced at TGS! Smaller and lighter, it'll be available as part of a bundle with Uncharted 3 Game of the Year Edition September 25th.
ps3-uncharted3-system-large.png

With over $70 in savings, the new PlayStation®3 250GB system and UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Game of the Year Edition bundle, showcase the intensity and realism of the best console for gamers.
UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Game of the Year Edition is Nathan Drake’s latest adventure that propels the fortune hunter on a trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert and includes over $45 of Bonus Content! DUST 514, a free to play game available exclusively on the PlayStation Network, thrusts you into the explosive ground conflict of the EVE universe.
Bundle Contents:
PlayStation®3 System 250GB
Uncharted 3: Game of the Year Edition
Dust 514 game + over $30 of Dust DLC (Voucher)
DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller
AC Power Cord
AV Cable
USB Cable

From ral1121,
"In the US, the 250GB model will be out on September 25, and will include Uncharted 3 and a $30 "digital content" voucher for DUST 514 (a free-to-play game). It'll cost $270.
There'll also be a 500GB bundle including Assassin's Creed III that'll go on sale in the US on October 30. No price on that one yet."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZCG']It's not until the 2 minute mark that you get a solid look at the end where the HDD used to be. I say "used to be" since I'm not seeing it on this new console. Wonder what that means :whistle2:s

Also, I predict the new Disc top will be the bane of this new console's existence.[/QUOTE]

It's got to be somewhere considering they're selling these in Europe without any HDD but can be added in the future. I can't imagine buying one without one though unless you score a cheap hard drive because some of the game installs would wipe out most of the free space on the flash memory.

hopefully a bundle will be closer to the $200 range come black friday. that's the only way i'd pick one of these up.

Definitely hoping for a sale on the current model in case my 120gb breaks. The super slim looks cheap and I hate the new disc drive. Sony can't possibly have done any market research on these as most of the opinions I've seen have been negative

I can't believe the price went UP. Yes, you get a pack-in game now, but still... price increases at this stage of the product life? Very strange.

[quote name='laseractive']I watched a video of that top door and its some weird spring loaded thing. Looks like it will be the first thing that breaks on that console.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Not feeling it at all and easily made my non buying decision easier. It just looks like a future nightmare.

[quote name='thelwig14']Yep. Not feeling it at all and easily made my non buying decision easier. It just looks like a future nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If it were a flip up lid like PS1 I'd be ok with that, but I definitely see this thing breaking and them wanting $150 to replace it. What a joke.

[quote name='laseractive']I watched a video of that top door and its some weird spring loaded thing. Looks like it will be the first thing that breaks on that console.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If it were a flip up lid like PS1 I'd be ok with that, but I definitely see this thing breaking and them wanting $150 to replace it. What a joke.

A top loader? I understand why they did it but i thought we left the top loader behind last gen. Didn't think i would ever see one on future consoles again But sony proved me wrong. Also, This console is just unappealing. My current slim is far superior.

[quote name='Karla']Wow we may have some great news coming up.

The new PS3 model has been unveiled today, there will be two models, a 500GB HDD and a 12GB Flash drive.

Heres the kicker. "Gamers who plump for the 12GB Flash Drive model will also be able to expand the storage capacity by connecting a dedicated HDD (250GB) to be released concurrently with the new PS3. !"

Lets pray this new external HDD is compatible with all PS3 and we can store PSN games on it.[/QUOTE] (quoted from a different thread here on CAG)

Anyone heard this before? I haven't & can't find anything one way or the other. This could explain the lack of accessible HDD. But would an external HDD use 1 of the 2 USB's? That'd suck balls.

EDIT: just found this. Must be what my quote was referring to:
http://www.t3.com/news/new-ps3-unveiled

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='perfectsil']so a Wii U for $299 or a PS3/Xbox360 for $250-$300 this holiday season?[/QUOTE]

Even w/ the price increase of the the new slim & WiiU coming out, the PS3 is still the best deal.

You guys know how easy it is to sell a PS3 slim on eBay? Ive never sold anything on ebay and I really want to get this console. I never sell on eBay because I'm nervous of getting scammed

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']You guys know how easy it is to sell a PS3 slim on eBay? Ive never sold anything on ebay and I really want to get this console. I never sell on eBay because I'm nervous of getting scammed[/QUOTE]

use craigslist it's alot better i sold a 360

[quote name='starmask2k3']use craigslist it's alot better i sold a 360[/QUOTE]

I would but I live in a bad area and one of my friends already got jacked trying to sell his xbox on clist

[quote name='ZCG'](quoted from a different thread here on CAG)

Anyone heard this before? I haven't & can't find anything one way or the other. This could explain the lack of accessible HDD. But would an external HDD use 1 of the 2 USB's? That'd suck balls.[/QUOTE]
From what I understand you have to remove the SSD to install a normal HDD, you can't have both.

So hang on... I see the 320GB AC3, Madden & CoD bundles on Best Buy for $299...or I can get a new 500GB super slim with AC3 for $299...how exactly did the price go up?

Tremendous value, if I didn't already have a PS3, I'd probably get this.

[quote name='gldoorii']So hang on... I see the 320GB AC3, Madden & CoD bundles on Best Buy for $299...or I can get a new 500GB super slim with AC3 for $299...how exactly did the price go up?[/QUOTE]

It didn't, its just the base PS3 Slim model in the US is the 250 GB which is $269, which is $20 more than the previous base 160 GB PS3.

Just called GS, they said they don't have the SKU for the new ps3 yet but to keep calling back because they'll most likely have a trade in promo for it. So is it possible if/when they do the trade-in promo, to just cancel the preorder and then flip enough games with the credit to get the new PS3 or do they not let you get the credit back that you would get once you cancel?

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Just called GS, they said they don't have the SKU for the new ps3 yet but to keep calling back because they'll most likely have a trade in promo for it. So is it possible if/when they do the trade-in promo, to just cancel the preorder and then flip enough games with the credit to get the new PS3 or do they not let you get the credit back that you would get once you cancel?[/QUOTE]

I do not understand this....

Scenario, they give $120 for your PS3 (with promo) for the new PS3. You put the pre-order in and put $120 down. You then cancel the pre-order, get $120 on a gift card. Trade in $150 worth of games and put that on a gift card. So $270 total. You then use that for the new PS3 Uber-Slim. Why not just leave the $120 on the PS3 and when you trade in the games...add them to the pre-order?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I do not understand this....

Scenario, they give $120 for your PS3 (with promo) for the new PS3. You put the pre-order in and put $120 down. You then cancel the pre-order, get $120 on a gift card. Trade in $150 worth of games and put that on a gift card. So $270 total. You then use that for the new PS3 Uber-Slim. Why not just leave the $120 on the PS3 and when you trade in the games...add them to the pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I forgot to mention that I would flip the games to best buy and just buy the PS3 at best buy

[quote name='BoBotheHutt']The new PS3 is up on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110103&Tpk=68-110-103

They have the 500GB AC3 one too.[/QUOTE]

I don't see a 500GB AC3 bundle. Only the pre-order for the original Slim "SONY PS3 320GB Assassin's Creed 3 System Bundle" for $299.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110098

EDIT: nevermind. Looks like Newegg's info on that item is mislabeled. The banner descriptions says 320GB and the picture shows the original-Slim, but the "Memory/Storage" description states 500 GB

Mmm the new PS3 Slim wouldn't go where I have my current gen Slim is located. I have it in a little nook so the sliding top wouldn't work for me.

I might pick it up for the living room though if there is a black friday deal on it though.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']This new Slim version will also do away with the front-loading disc drive in favor of the old school top-loading disc drive.

I still have my 60GB BC PS3 and the current 160GB Slim model...so no need for this model anytime soon. Maybe when they start selling for $100.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat. Only reason I'm even thinking of the new model is that my original 60 GB PS3 (with flash card readers and 4 USB ports) is kind of loud compared to the slim. It used to be quieter, but when it came back from Sony after a repair on the optical drive it seemed to run hotter than it had before the repair, causing he fans to go into turbo mode under lighter loads.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Dust 514 is a free game so nice try Sony...[/QUOTE]
You must have missed the part about a $30 voucher that lets you download paid content for the game.

[quote name='lochdoun']You must have missed the part about a $30 voucher that lets you download paid content for the game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't miss a thing.

And I don't wanna miss a thing... Every time I close my eyes...

PS3 Super Cheap?

Hehe ... dunno, I'm on the fence about this now ... that sliding cover looks like something that's guaranteed to break in 5 years or less

[quote name='superhippy1986']Saw their pathetic sound test? All they did was put the game in. Any idiot knows that unless a game or just cd period is being used it makes very little sound. Do a loudness test with Skyrim lol[/QUOTE]

uhhh.. some consoles sound like a jet engine just running netflix.... not naming names but you know

[quote name='shytface']Dookie ass prices + fake value = up

Pretty sure they just farted in my mouth with this bundle, and that's a price hike if I ever tasted one.[/QUOTE]

This is the funniest comment i've seen in a while:applause::applause::applause::applause:

And I agree. It would've been better to just release a non-bundle for 200.

[quote name='GBAstar']uhhh.. some consoles sound like a jet engine just running netflix.... not naming names but you know[/QUOTE]

Talking about xbox 360 aren't you?
PS2 was loud. I don't remember what my dreamcast sounded like.

[quote name='etcrane']PS3 Super Cheap?

Hehe ... dunno, I'm on the fence about this now ... that sliding cover looks like something that's guaranteed to break in 5 years or less[/QUOTE]

After watching the video, the sliding cover looks like it will slip open on its own. Will probably have to tape it shut.

I don't see any hdd upgrade slots on this SSPS3.

[quote name='.Azaria']Concerned about the slide disc thing, looks like it might break so on the line about it[/QUOTE]

It's a piece of plastic, there are no moving parts, it won't break unless you sit on it.

Looks a lot more cheaply made than the previous slim, fortunately I won't need another PS3 (I have a few backups), because this just looks too cheap.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Looks a lot more cheaply made than the previous slim, fortunately I won't need another PS3 (I have a few backups), because this just looks too cheap.[/QUOTE]

You randomly have boxes of consoles laying around just in case? What?

And I agree with most people, this does look smaller and cheaply made yet somehow isn't a reduction in price. Sometimes I just don't understand Sony's logic at all.

I'm passing on this thing. I'll take the current one instead and hopefully there will be a nice price drop for the 320 GB slim on Black Friday. I'm thinking $150-200.

[quote name='croqoa']You randomly have boxes of consoles laying around just in case? What?

And I agree with most people, this does look smaller and cheaply made yet somehow isn't a reduction in price. Sometimes I just don't understand Sony's logic at all.[/QUOTE]

its well known that when the zombies rise up they will accept ps3's instead of human brains.

bread's done
Back