AC:WW Discussion Thread - Visits/Trades/etc.

[quote name='iheartmetal']i just bought a million bells worth of turnips. so keep an eye out for a good price[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy a mill... but I did buy quite a bit. I'll keep my eyes out as well... aslo, post if your town has good prices. I got mine for 94 bells a pop.

[quote name='ZForce915']What does the green circle or orange triangle mean next to a friend code?[/quote]
I believe, green means you two are on each other's friend list. A red one means, you're not on their list. You don't have to visit their town for it to turn green, as long as you two have the right friend codes in, and have both gone on Wi-Fi after adding.

Landscaping can get to be expensive. I went through 2 axes this afternoon. The new tress I planted better all take otherwise I'm gonna be pissed.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Landscaping can get to be expensive. I went through 2 axes this afternoon. The new tress I planted better all take otherwise I'm gonna be pissed.[/QUOTE]

i know what you mean. i actually started stockpiling axes i have about 8 right now. but i dont use them as much any more and im a couple of steps away from the golden axe.

[quote name='iheartmetal']i know what you mean. i actually started stockpiling axes i have about 8 right now. but i dont use them as much any more and im a couple of steps away from the golden axe.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the golden axe is a liefsaver... I was surprised I was able to get all the items for the golden axe within 1 week of trying... very lucky i guess...

I barely use it, but I always pull it out wen remodeling is needed... I have yet to get a perfect town sadly...

every time I have enough flowers, i have too many trees... and I cut the trees and they tell me I have too little >_

Damn, I need to start playing again. I am SO FAR behind, though, it is scary. I'd have to catch up on every day between around May 25th and now :whistle2:(. And the reason I can't just jump to this date is all my blue/purple roses would die. Plus I'd miss whatever showed up (or disappeared) in June in terms of bugs and fish.

Have they given any more of the Wifi Mario bonus items out recently? It seems they really dropped the ball with this if not.

Hmm I should get started on getting a golden axe. I'm actually more interested in getting the golden fishing rod but I have months to go before some fish are in season. I haven't even caught all of this season's fish.

As a quick question, sometimes I see crabs and lobsters scuttling on the beach. Can you actually catch them or are they there to just gross you out with their insectlike appearance.

[quote name='espy605']Hmm I should get started on getting a golden axe. I'm actually more interested in getting the golden fishing rod but I have months to go before some fish are in season. I haven't even caught all of this season's fish.

As a quick question, sometimes I see crabs and lobsters scuttling on the beach. Can you actually catch them or are they there to just gross you out with their insectlike appearance.[/QUOTE]

crabs? lobsters? i havent even seen any...???

oh and io, I feel the same that nintendo seems to have forgotton about giving out those gifts... maybe they had planned to release most of it after a year in order to prolong its lifespan.

The first time I saw a crab I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me (because I only play at night these days). I saw a distinctly circular, dark shape on the beach. But when I ran toward it, it ran away. I thought it ran off screen and I tried to chase it but I'm guessing it ran into the ocean.

After a couple days, I saw a lobster at my foot while I was fishing and this time I was certain. I dropped my line and then I tried to pick it up using the B button like if it was a shell. But no luck. By the time I switched to the net, it scuttled away.

At least I caught a Hammerhead Shark, woohoo.

[quote name='espy605']The first time I saw a crab I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me (because I only play at night these days). I saw a distinctly circular, dark shape on the beach. But when I ran toward it, it ran away. I thought it ran off screen and I tried to chase it but I'm guessing it ran into the ocean.

After a couple days, I saw a lobster at my foot while I was fishing and this time I was certain. I dropped my line and then I tried to pick it up using the B button like if it was a shell. But no luck. By the time I switched to the net, it scuttled away.

At least I caught a Hammerhead Shark, woohoo.[/QUOTE]

I didn't sell my hammerhead shark when I caught one. Its in a tank as the centerpiece of my house.

I donate everything to the museum. I hope to eventually have both sharks in my house as well as some fossil skeletons. Right now I just have a Red Snapper, ha. I've only caught one HH Shark and one Koi. I've caught multiple of everything else I've caught, though. Everytime I catch an ocean sunfish I get disappointed.

Is there any purpose to digging up nebuloids? Other than to display or sell them (although you can't buy them back on the catalogue).

Or any purpose to breeding flowers?

As for insects, I keep whacking trees or just missing.

[quote name='Tybee']The first of every fish, insect, or painting I obtain goes to the museum. After that it usually gets sold.[/QUOTE]

same here... i'm about 80% done with fish so I am shooting for 100%... I've gotten all for this month but 2...

I say eff the museum. I wanna get rich bitch! Once I'm rich, then I'll donate to the museum still sell (who the fuck am I kidding?).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I say eff the museum. I wanna get rich bitch! Once I'm rich, then I'll donate to the museum still sell (who the fuck am I kidding?).[/QUOTE]

youll make more off selling turnips than you will off digging fossils. just be diligent about picking fruit, take that money and invest in turnips and you'll make tons of cash. i made 1.8 million last week and 2.5 million this week on the turnip trade, all profit. selling 21 fossils in the week wont yield nearly as much.

iheartmetal I just got the game a couple weeks ago. Should I rush to upgrade my house or use that money to invest in turnips?

[quote name='espy605']iheartmetal I just got the game a couple weeks ago. Should I rush to upgrade my house or use that money to invest in turnips?[/QUOTE]

Use the latter to do the former.

To tell you the truth, for the first upgrade or two, you won't really need turnips if you're pretty active in catching fish and bugs. Plant as many non-native fruit trees (and coconut palms down by the beach) as you can to ensure a cash crop in the future (plant groves near Nook's and/or your house to ensure speedier harvesting and selling).

Am I the only one who misses the island from the GCN/GBA AC?

Also, in all the time I've had the game, I've yet to see Gulliver. Has anyone seen him yet? Last night I saw a scorpion down on the beach and it scared the Hell out of me. The funny thing is it ran into the ocean. I have no idea how I'm going to catch it, it's so fast and so rare.

[quote name='espy605']The first time I saw a crab I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me (because I only play at night these days). I saw a distinctly circular, dark shape on the beach. But when I ran toward it, it ran away. [/QUOTE]
What you saw was not a crab but a tarantula. They're down by the beach, but they're also anywhere in your town. And yes, they're black and roundish.

Tarauntulas are night insects like scorpions which someone above may have been mistaken for a lobster, as the scorpion is black and red and has a shape similiar to that of a real-life lobster. Though I've yet to see a scorpion down by the ocean.

Has anyyone caught a Blue Marlin yet? What I'm curious to have confirmed is if it has a dorsal fin such as the shark, hammerhead and ocean sunfish? I'm assuming it must, because the marlin I caught years ago in Florida was bigger than I was.

[quote name='Tybee']Am I the only one who misses the island from the GCN/GBA AC?[/quote]Nope. I miss Anka and her constant jabbering for more clothes. I also miss Cap'n sea shanties.

Also, in all the time I've had the game, I've yet to see Gulliver. Has anyone seen him yet?
I shot him down today. That makes three times since I got the game for Christmas that I got him. Though the first time I saw the ufo, I had no sling shot, and the second time I saw him, I didn't think to shoot the ufo. So for someone who plays everyday for over 6 months, he's only passed by five times.

Last night I saw a scorpion down on the beach and it scared the Hell out of me.
They scare me too. What scared me even more was the first time I saw a big ole fish with a fin sticking up out of the ocean. I've got shark issues. >_<

The funny thing is it ran into the ocean.
Yeah, those desert insects. Their first instinct is to go straight into a body of water.
wink.gif

And you'll catch them, Tybee. Perserverance.

I caught a blue marlin just last night actually. It did not have a fin like the sharks. It was just a large but slender shadow in the water.
-G

quick question that I think I know the answer to. If you pick up an item (say, off the ground) will that instantly add that to your catalog? So if I put a ton of items around my town and invited someone over could they pick up and drop those things thereby making them available to buy at their own Nook's?

[quote name='guinaevere']I also miss Cap'n sea shanties.[/quote]

Some would say that NES games were the most painful exclusion in WW. I definitely think Cap'n was the true loss. They at least could have had him drive you when you visit someone else's town. As it is, you see him for five minutes at the start of your "life" and then he's gone forever. *sniffle*

They scare me too. What scared me even more was the first time I saw a big ole fish with a fin sticking up out of the ocean. I've got shark issues. >_

Gates open!

111 bells per turnip today. If you visit, please buy from Nooks. Take all the pears you want. Leave me anything you don't need :)

What you saw was not a crab but a tarantula. They're down by the beach, but they're also anywhere in your town. And yes, they're black and roundish.

So for scorpions and tarantulas, you do have to use a net to catch them right? Man they run away so fast. I only assumed they were crabs and lobsters because they were next to the ocean and actually went into the water.

Has anyyone caught a Blue Marlin yet? What I'm curious to have confirmed is if it has a dorsal fin such as the shark, hammerhead and ocean sunfish? I'm assuming it must, because the marlin I caught years ago in Florida was bigger than I was.

I caught one, and can also confirm it has no dorsal fin. Its shadow is rather huge, though, but I don't remember if it was particularly slender like an eel's.

Some would say that NES games were the most painful exclusion in WW

I blame it on people that showed Nintendo they could make more money selling them rather than including them for free in games (e.g. NES Classics on GBA). Thanks for the advice on turnips!

Gates still open, it's 415 central time, I'll be open for another hour. Don't be alarmed if I don't respond to any chat...I'm watching my daughter

[quote name='ZForce915']Gates still open, it's 415 central time, I'll be open for another hour. Don't be alarmed if I don't respond to any chat...I'm watching my daughter[/quote]

If I make it home from work in time, I'll try and stop by. What are turnips selling for there?

EDIT: I added you last night but you were offline by the time I made it home.

Does anyone have a decent turnip price in their town? I'm about to take a bath. The price fell all week here and now they're selling for half of what I bought them for. D'oh! :bomb:

Gates open for the next few hours. Stop on by!

I need your help guys...

Last night my wife and I tried to visit a friends town over WFC. My wife and I are connecting through 2 seperate DS's, one lite one phat, to WFC through the same Linksys router. My wifi network is completely open (I know...). It was fine for the 2 of us to connect to each other through WFC and fine for 1 of us to connect to our friend across the country but if we both tried to go to his place or all 3 at my place it crashed. Everytime. My friend has hosted up to 3 other people (not us) on his cart at a time but there was no way the 3 of us were geting together last night. I just need some guidance. Got any ideas?
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']I need your help guys...

Last night my wife and I tried to visit a friends town over WFC. My wife and I are connecting through 2 seperate DS's, one lite one phat, to WFC through the same Linksys router. My wifi network is completely open (I know...). It was fine for the 2 of us to connect to each other through WFC and fine for 1 of us to connect to our friend across the country but if we both tried to go to his place or all 3 at my place it crashed. Everytime. My friend has hosted up to 3 other people (not us) on his cart at a time but there was no way the 3 of us were geting together last night. I just need some guidance. Got any ideas?
-G[/quote]

People seem to have mixed results trying to connect two DS's via one router. I've heard of some doing it with no problem and others with your kind of difficulties. Not sure there's much that can be done about it.

That's what I was afraid of... Think using the USB connector in conjunction with a router would be any better? Kinda like 2 pathways out to the world...
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']That's what I was afraid of... Think using the USB connector in conjunction with a router would be any better? Kinda like 2 pathways out to the world...
-G[/quote]

I was just about to suggest that. That, or the USB connector might allow two connections. For ~$30, it's worth the experiment. Worst case scenario, you have a way to connect via WiFi when you're away from home.

What price are turnips in your town today?

Honestly I have no idea about the turnips for today... I'm stuck at work and the DS's at home. :( My prices have been sucking all week though. I can check this afternoon and post back up.

Quick question you'll probably know... Do you have to buy the USB thing direct from Nintendo or is it sold at retail now? I can't remember....
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Honestly I have no idea about the turnips for today... I'm stuck at work and the DS's at home. :( My prices have been sucking all week though. I can check this afternoon and post back up.

Quick question you'll probably know... Do you have to buy the USB thing direct from Nintendo or is it sold at retail now? I can't remember....
-G[/quote]

You can get it at most retail stores now. I've seen it at Best Buy, Target, CC, and TRU.

[quote name='espy605']...
I caught one, and can also confirm it has no dorsal fin. Its shadow is rather huge, though, but I don't remember if it was particularly slender like an eel's.
[/QUOTE]

Slender may have not been the right word to use, sorry bout that... It was skinnier than say a sea bass, but longer.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Slender may have not been the right word to use, sorry bout that... It was skinnier than say a sea bass, but longer.
-G[/quote]

I just caught two in a row, as a matter of fact. One for the museum and one for Nook. It didn't look all that unusual. I at first thought it was a sea bass (both times). The shadow is just a bit larger.

This morning I caught a shark (first one) as well as two sunfish. Good fishing today, it seems. Also saw Gulliver's UFO for the first time, though it was too far to one side of town to get my slingshot out and shoot it in time.

my girlfriend and i play on the same router all the time, we got to our friends town, or have people come to my town while shes there too. im not sure how your router is set up. i used to have problems with crashing but i just played with my firewall and opened up some ports and now its fine.

Hey iheart,

What are turnips going for over there in Midgard?

We're going to see "Pirates..." in a little bit, but I should be on later this evening, either with gates open or ready to come visit your town.

This morning tunips were selling for 594 bells per turnip. I wish I had bought some this week. If the price is still the same when I get home I'll open my gates.

[quote name='ZForce915']This morning tunips were selling for 594 bells per turnip. I wish I had bought some this week. If the price is still the same when I get home I'll open my gates.[/quote]

DAMN!

Open your gates!

[quote name='yukine']DAMN!

Open your gates![/QUOTE]

Ditto that! I won't be home for a couple hours, though. What time can you open your gates for us today, Z?

bread's done
Back