Afrika (Hakuna Matata) and Aquanaut's Holiday English/Korean 29.90 ea. at Play-Asia

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not really sure if this is all that exciting a deal but for those of you looking for some relaxing PS3 games it just might be. These are English (Engrish?) version. Play-Asia has a good deal for these games if anyone is looking for them. As far as I know, Aquanaut's Holiday supports trophies but Hakuna Matata does not. You may encounter Japanese text in the online (photo sharing) mode.

Aquanaut's Holiday
Hakuna Matata - 29.90

Be sure and hit up the Play-Asia Coupon Thread for further discounts.

I searched but didn't find anything. Mods please close/lock/merge if this is duped anywhere else. Thanks for looking.

*UPDATE*

Both of these games are now available at NCSX for a comparable price. These are the Korean-English versions as well.

Aquanaut's Holiday - 30.90
Hakuna Matata - 30.90

Both of the NCSX deals were found by Fatbot3 so all credit goes to him. Be sure and say thanks to Fatbot3 for the new deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JCDenton']Anyone got any coupons?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Posted on the play-asia coupon thread, but nothing yet. I actually would like to get these since there is no chance they will be localized to the US.

I'm about to place my order for both these games, but just want to confirm for those that have both...do both these Korean/English versions play in FULL English? In terms of menu text, in-game subtitle text, voice over, etc. Thanks!

Well, I bit. Found the info I needed by lurking around the interwebz...apparently both games are in full English, all except for the game manuals...which is fine by me. Good deal...paid $59.20 for both, including shipping!

Thanks again to both OP and bball for the $5 off $50 coupon!!! I'll remember to flow my coupon, once I get it, to anyone who needs it. :)

Well they're clearly not FULL English:

pa.157085.12.jpg

But is that REALLY a deal-breaker?

[quote name='Vegan']Well they're clearly not FULL English:

pa.157085.12.jpg

But is that REALLY a deal-breaker?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that pic from the site itself, and from what info I gathered elsewhere, it seems that if your PS3's language is set to English, all, including that text will be in English. Unless someone here would like to verify, I'll find out for myself when I receive my shipment. If not...no big deal really.

I have yet to play Hakuna Matata (install turned me away for awhile), but I can say for sure Aquanauts is in full English. It is NOT "Engrish," but it is also not perfectly natural English. If you play it you'll see what I mean (the most used word in the game is "Well...").

Also, I paid on the 7th and received on the 15th, so I wasn't waiting too long.

[quote name='dizee']afrika is full english. everything is in english except the manual and back of the case.[/QUOTE]

Very cool to hear guys! I know the English translations aren't going to contain perfect sentence structures, spelling, or grammar...I just want in-game text (and on-screen for HUD) to be in English, preferably. Sweet!

I keep watching videos of the games on YouTube. These two games will fit perfectly when I want to lean back, relax, and drink a few beers while I play. :)

I played Hakuna Matata last night, and yes, it is in full English.

It's fun, but the worst part is the fucking driver. He takes forever to get you anywhere, and he also has to drive you back to basecamp. In Aquanauts you can just warp back, so why not here?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lolwut?']I played Hakuna Matata last night, and yes, it is in full English.

It's fun, but the worst part is the fucking driver. He takes forever to get you anywhere, and he also has to drive you back to basecamp. In Aquanauts you can just warp back, so why not here?[/QUOTE]

I can stand the driving back, cause I could just use the time to go grab a drink or something. I can't stand not being able to invert the Y-axis.

Got Aquanaut's Holiday today, ordered late on the first day... I'm in CA so not too horribly bad of a wait. And it arrived in perfect condition using just the bubble mailer. Played it for about an hour so far, pretty cool although the translation is a bit stilted at times-- someone who knows English well, but is not a native speaker, must have done it as some of the translations are just odd, but it's not horrible.

I still don't quite understand why a reporter snooping around about a missing scientist would be given solo control of their last submersible, though. ;)

How's this for service.....ordered both on this Monday 3/11 at 1 AM and they're in my hands in New Jersey today 3/16 at 11 AM....and that was with the cheapest shipping.
If I wanted Asian games, I'd be ordering from them all the time with super fast service like that.

And I'm having a ball with the games....thanks again OP and thanks to everybody else who bought it (because I wouldn't have imported if everyone else didn't have good experiences with Play Asia)

Yahoooooooooo!

[quote name='AoA']How's this for service.....ordered both on this Monday 3/11 at 1 AM and they're in my hands in New Jersey today 3/16 at 11 AM....and that was with the cheapest shipping.
If I wanted Asian games, I'd be ordering from them all the time with super fast service like that.

And I'm having a ball with the games....thanks again OP and thanks to everybody else who bought it (because I wouldn't have imported if everyone else didn't have good experiences with Play Asia)

Yahoooooooooo![/QUOTE]

Forget THEIR fast service...I want the time machine YOU'RE using to write to us from the past before this deal ever took place! ;)

I just started playing Aquanaut's Holiday.... I just put in the first battery to the buoy... How do you get out of the sub and/or get back to the dock? I went to the red dot on the map and pressed every button and nothing is working. Can someone help me out?

I only have Afrika because I like the setting better. I like blue sky with white cloud etc over the endless blueness of the vast ocean.... I can't swim, I just don't find the under water world exciting. It seems that lions, hippos, etc are just more exciting to me than fish a and fish b.

But that's just me tho, plenty of people find the ocean exciting so I would suggest you go with the setting you prefer... they are vastly different.

I just pop Afrika in not too long ago. Pretty cool... I had this shot lined up but I keep thinking "one more step, comeon, one more step" and of course, it ran away just as I was ready to take the pic.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Forget THEIR fast service...I want the time machine YOU'RE using to write to us from the past before this deal ever took place! ;)[/QUOTE]

That's literally how fast their service was....apparently it created Einsteinian time dilation. Next time I'll use the coupon I got today to save on the game in the past creating a paradox and obliterating the universe.
Fair warning....All of you better get your gaming done now.

As it turns out I got both games yesterday (roommate was hiding it from me)...

Haha, even though the back of both boxes have some English written all over the box under languages portion it only says the game is in Korean (it is written in Korean and English).

[quote name='Sillentassasin']which one is better? hakuna matata or Aquanaut's holiday?[/QUOTE]

I've finished AH and just started HM. AH seems more story driven and the exploration more seamless. HM is more about photography, the wildlife is much more sparse and the environments are segmented, you have to unlock new regions.

Hard to say which will be the better game, I'm hoping HK turns out as well as AH which was a great relaxing game.

Got both of them Friday and just had a chance to play Hakuna Matata a bit over the weekend. For me it's almost a dream game - I am a huge photo aficionado and it's really enjoyable trying to get great shots of wildlife and looking for those great photo opportunities. I can't wait to upgrade the camera & lens to get some better long-range shots but am having fun with the low-end SLR and kit lens they start you out with. HM is highly recommended if you like photography, wildlife or both. I'm enjoying it so much I've held off opening Aquanauts...

Being playing Aquanaut's Holiday for a week. FANTASTIC! Whoever says Endless Ocean is great, well, if you play AH, you'll be speechless. I played Endless Ocean and i was disappointed on how the fish looked. Well, with AH, man, underwater creatures are awesome!

First off, forget the Korean/Chinese versions, the game is in English! That's right, i can't even turn it to Korean/Chinese if i wanted to, there's no option to do so (maybe the default System language?). Well, whatever is, it's definitely not in the game (game option to change the language like Uncharted). Only the game case has the Korean words, but who cares about that? Oh the manual too, but that too, it's not very important.

Second, game play... Well, let's put it this way, you can dive into the water right away (not like Endless Ocean where you have to catch up with the logs, jump off the ship etc...)

Thirdly, the little Dolphin thingy you control? It can level up! Once you got the NaSU and camera, you can do a lot more exploring... I took couple of cool pics with the shark, awesome!

Okay, now with the negatives... Your little sub can only carry one battery, which kinda force you to surface more frequently than you like. However, with the NaSU, you can pretty much pick up the pace. The booster is a pain in the ass, perhaps it can be upgraded later? Lastly, the trophies are a bitch. You would think it's easy cake right? No....

Anyone sitting on the fence about Aquanauts?.......BUY IT!
Got mine Saturday and I havent been abale to stop playing it!
Graphics are GORGEOUS!
The detail on the fish is AMAZING!
And the storyline/missions are getting interesting, side-missions etc.
My first run-in with a Right Whale had me just swimming next to him and wishing I had unlocked the camera option! I'll be hunting both him and the Great White down again after I've got that damn cam!
A+...even at $35 now...GRAB IT!

[quote name='lucid734']Anyone sitting on the fence about Aquanauts?.......BUY IT!
Got mine Saturday and I havent been abale to stop playing it!
Graphics are GORGEOUS!
The detail on the fish is AMAZING!
And the storyline/missions are getting interesting, side-missions etc.
My first run-in with a Right Whale had me just swimming next to him and wishing I had unlocked the camera option! I'll be hunting both him and the Great White down again after I've got that damn cam!
A+...even at $35 now...GRAB IT![/QUOTE]

Heehee, the whale encounter was actually my first WOW moment. No spoiler here people, b/c the whale is on the cover. I don't think you get the camera upgrade at that point though.

Dallow, the PS3 trophy thread has AH's trophy list (thanks to mddy and Frisky).

[quote name='manthing']Finally got my Afrika.[/QUOTE]

Jambo!

I think I am gonna do a blog with the pics from my trip versus pics from the game.

The experiences are quite similar and believable thus far, most of the wildlife animations are fantastic. Animal AI is reasonably realistic for game playability. Although I think getting mauled/gored/trampled by a lone Zebra is a push. It's both frustrating and exciting to go out looking for one of the big cats and failing. I usually don't dabble with this kind of game but it is really relaxing and enjoyable; I pleased overall.

[quote name='campbelld']To anyone still waiting for their games:
Got both my games yesterday. They shipped on the 8th. I'm in Knoxville, Tennessee.[/QUOTE]
Same with me - shipped on the 8th and arrived on the 18th. (Minnesota)

This deal appears to have died a few minutes ago. I refreshed the page and Aquanaut's Holiday was listed as "Out of Print/Out of Stock" while Hakuna Matata was backordered and priced at $54.90. Alas.

[quote name='SteevL']This deal appears to have died a few minutes ago. I refreshed the page and Aquanaut's Holiday was listed as "Out of Print/Out of Stock" while Hakuna Matata was backordered and priced at $54.90. Alas.[/QUOTE]

You're right about Aquanaut's, but HK is back in stock and still at $30.

I was surprised how immediately fun Aquanaut's was. For some reason, the whole underwater exploration creeps me out a bit. I love it.

I just hope the sea goes deeper than what I've seen so far.

[quote name='SteevL']This deal appears to have died a few minutes ago. I refreshed the page and Aquanaut's Holiday was listed as "Out of Print/Out of Stock" while Hakuna Matata was backordered and priced at $54.90. Alas.[/QUOTE]

Damn...I had a gut feeling about this. I'm friggin' glad I bit on both before they went out of print/stock. It appears Hakuna Matata/Afrika might still be released in NA at some point...but it's not certain. If Sony doesn't mention it come E3, then I'm sure importing will be the only way to play it. Aquanaut's Holiday is certain to never be localized to NA though...sucks it's already out of stock/print so quickly...but I guess a lot of gamers caught on to this deal and have been buying like crazy.

I'm glad I jumped on both while they were still available...well, especially for AH for sure. Now...if you'll excuse me...time to grab another beer while I patiently await for my shipment to arrive.

...and suddenly Hakuna Matata is back in stock and priced at $29.90 again. Guess I might bite on this one after all!

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']You're right about Aquanaut's, but HK is back in stock and still at $30.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, guess I'll bite on that one after all!

bread's done
Back