Afrika (Hakuna Matata) and Aquanaut's Holiday English/Korean 29.90 ea. at Play-Asia

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not really sure if this is all that exciting a deal but for those of you looking for some relaxing PS3 games it just might be. These are English (Engrish?) version. Play-Asia has a good deal for these games if anyone is looking for them. As far as I know, Aquanaut's Holiday supports trophies but Hakuna Matata does not. You may encounter Japanese text in the online (photo sharing) mode.

Aquanaut's Holiday
Hakuna Matata - 29.90

Be sure and hit up the Play-Asia Coupon Thread for further discounts.

I searched but didn't find anything. Mods please close/lock/merge if this is duped anywhere else. Thanks for looking.

*UPDATE*

Both of these games are now available at NCSX for a comparable price. These are the Korean-English versions as well.

Aquanaut's Holiday - 30.90
Hakuna Matata - 30.90

Both of the NCSX deals were found by Fatbot3 so all credit goes to him. Be sure and say thanks to Fatbot3 for the new deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case the Play-Asia deal dies I did find NCSX has them both for 30 bucks as well. I've used them in the past and it was a good experience though it was around 10 years ago.

Hakuna Matata
Aquanaut's Holiday

Feel free to make a new thread if you think it's necessary but I figured people were checking this one enough.

I got both games yesterday, and I really like them :) So far I'd say I like Aquanauts Holiday the best out of the two because it feels more open and free, while you're kinda limited in how far you can explore in Hakuna Matata since you have to stay near the jeep.

[quote name='Fatbot3']In case the Play-Asia deal dies I did find NCSX has them both for 30 bucks as well. I've used them in the past and it was a good experience though it was around 10 years ago.

Hakuna Matata
Aquanaut's Holiday

Feel free to make a new thread if you think it's necessary but I figured people were checking this one enough.[/QUOTE]
If you don't want to make a new thread I'd be more than willing to add this info to the OP and credit it to you. That is, of course, if you don't mind.

I just bought HM for US$ 27.90 and AH for US$ 34.90.
So it looks like they are back in stock again but slight price change from the US$29.90

Got my copies yesterday. Played a little over an hour of Hakuna Matata and it was a little better than I was expecting.

fuck ya I'll take a picture of a giraffe drinking water for you!!! It will be effin marvelous and you'll give me an A for it. Jambo!

[quote name='jkanownik']Got my copies yesterday. Played a little over an hour of Hakuna Matata and it was a little better than I was expecting.

fuck ya I'll take a picture of a giraffe drinking water for you!!! It will be effin marvelous and you'll give me an A for it. Jambo!
[/QUOTE]

*Hippo-Sized Yawn* ;)

Can you really not invert the controls in HM? I think someone mentioned that in one of the prior posts? If so that will be tough for me to get over. The only way I can play games in the 1st person perspective is if you press the down, the camera looks up.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Can you really not invert the controls in HM? I think someone mentioned that in one of the prior posts? If so that will be tough for me to get over. The only way I can play games in the 1st person perspective is if you press the down, the camera looks up.[/QUOTE]

You can't as far as I know, it was not in my options menu.
It is annoying, but not as annoying as the autofocus sound affect for the sony a100 camera.

Quick question for those who bought this through play-asia and have received it, how long did delivery take from the notification that the item had shipped, and what type of shipping did you choose?

Thanks!

[quote name='cochesecochese']If you don't want to make a new thread I'd be more than willing to add this info to the OP and credit it to you. That is, of course, if you don't mind.[/QUOTE]

Sure, this was one of the best threads on CAG and I have been loving both AH and HK.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Can you really not invert the controls in HM? I think someone mentioned that in one of the prior posts? If so that will be tough for me to get over. The only way I can play games in the 1st person perspective is if you press the down, the camera looks up.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Well I will still play this game because of the good reviews, but what game in this day and age does not have an option to invert Y axis??

It will take me a while to get used to it. Maybe they will fix this in a patch?

[quote name='aylien']Quick question for those who bought this through play-asia and have received it, how long did delivery take from the notification that the item had shipped, and what type of shipping did you choose?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

My order shipped on the 8th and I got it about a week later. I live in New York, so that isn't actually bad at all considering it ships straight from Hong Kong.

I used the Economy Bubble Mailer option, which is the cheapest. Games came pristine with no rips or broken plastic from the cases.

[quote name='Sinistar'] what game in this day and age does not have an option to invert Y axis??
[/QUOTE]

Yeah good question. I can't imagine why they didn't include that - especially for a game where you have to control a 1st person camera.

For anyone that's played Aquanaut's Holiday --- does that game let you invert the Y axis?

[quote name='aylien']Quick question for those who bought this through play-asia and have received it, how long did delivery take from the notification that the item had shipped, and what type of shipping did you choose?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Shipped on 5/11, received on 5/18, economy bubble to CA. I've always ordered economy bubble and never had a problem.

Aquanaut's Holiday is terrific. Visuals are great, there's a game but you can fart around and look at all the amazing sea life as much as you like. It's Everblue 2, but better in every way.

I never got Endless Ocean because my son (who loves all things ocean) declared it "boring" after a neighbor got it. This one gets constant outbursts of "cool!"

got my copy of Hakuna Matata in sometime recently (we check our po box mabey once a week, not sure when it came it exactly) and finally sat down to play. I really only went through the first mission or two but i can already tell this will be a "come down" kinda game. I know it's not the newest game out there, but damn it's pretty.

Looks like im going back and ordering AH tomorrow when i get paid.

Dammit. And I opened it less than a week ago.

Well, it was still a good price. I doubt the US version will be $30. I noticed that there's no English in the instruction manual. Does Hakuna Matata do a good job of explaining how to do everything in-game? (I don't actually have a PS3 yet so I can't pop it in and try it out)

Ohhh.....are the manuals for both games NOT in English? I would assume that there is some kind of tutorial online for the Non-US version. Hopefully the games are the same though....I should have mine soon hopefully.

[quote name='Vegan']Dammit. And I opened it less than a week ago.

Well, it was still a good price. I doubt the US version will be $30. I noticed that there's no English in the instruction manual. Does Hakuna Matata do a good job of explaining how to do everything in-game? (I don't actually have a PS3 yet so I can't pop it in and try it out)[/QUOTE]

I just got mine yesterday and so far the game does a fine job of explaining everything. It's kind of ironic how I waited, and waited, and waited for this game to come to NA and then finally decided to get the import only to hear today it's officially coming to NA.

[quote name='inferno14']I just got mine yesterday and so far the game does a fine job of explaining everything. It's kind of ironic how I waited, and waited, and waited for this game to come to NA and then finally decided to get the import only to hear today it's officially coming to NA.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I waited and even stalled when this deal first came out because I had remembered hearing that a US release was planned, then it was pointed out that it had been abandoned. So I put in an extra order to get it when it came back in stock... haven't even opened it yet.

Oh well...

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Looks like Afrika is finally coming to the U.S.][/QUOTE]
:bomb:

At least mine's still shrink wrapped due to my massive backlog. Trophies might tempt me though. Hmm...

[quote name='inferno14']I just got mine yesterday and so far the game does a fine job of explaining everything. It's kind of ironic how I waited, and waited, and waited for this game to come to NA and then finally decided to get the import only to hear today it's officially coming to NA.[/QUOTE]
At least at the end of all that waiting there was a sale to be had. Hate when I import something at regular import price only to hear that it is being localized a week or month later.

[quote name='Monroeski']At least at the end of all that waiting there was a sale to be had. Hate when I import something at regular import price only to hear that it is being localized a week or month later.[/QUOTE]

And $35 CDN is what I would have been willing to pay for it too even if it wasn't an import. I like the game I just wouldn't shell out $60 for it. I ended up getting Aquanaut's Holiday too and I'm happy with both for what I paid.

Other than the back cover and manual not being English I cant see the game I have being any different than what will come to NA other than maybe trophies which aren't a huge factor for me. The game is full English and I haven't noticed any "Engrish" in the dialogue either.

Oh well, I guess patience paid off for all the people who were holding out for this game to get localized. I'm happy with my copy of the game depsite it having the most ridiculous title ever. The English dialogue is actually very good, which was very surprising to me.

[quote name='Dissolve']I read a review that said saving the game takes 2.5 minutes. Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

Saving is slow, but it isn't THAT slow. At most I've had to wait maybe 35 seconds or so.

[quote name='Raye']Oh well, I guess patience paid off for all the people who were holding out for this game to get localized. I'm happy with my copy of the game depsite it having the most ridiculous title ever. The English dialogue is actually very good, which was very surprising to me.

Saving is slow, but it isn't THAT slow. At most I've had to wait maybe 35 seconds or so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that didn't sound right. Thanks for the confirmation; 35 seconds sounds much more tolerable.

And as for the name, while "Afrika" is all kinds of cool, there's still something so hilarous about having a PS3 game on your shelf called "Hakuna Matata" that has nothing to do with Disney.

So it comes down to getting this now or waiting for the U.S. version which may or may not have improvements (I doubt that) but will definitely have trophies (which would be great, especially for an extremely goal-oriented game like this). Though like many have said, Afrika will probably be full price (or, if not, probably in the $49.99 range).

But this is just such a good deal. I don't think I'll wait. I'm going for it. :bouncy:

[quote name='Dissolve']I read a review that said saving the game takes 2.5 minutes. Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

It does... great blu-ray player / so-so gaming machine.

[quote name='InvaderZim']It does... great blu-ray player / so-so gaming machine.[/QUOTE]

WTF?

Either way, the other guy is right, saving takes about 30 seconds as the save file is nearly 400MB due to save space allocated for the 200 images you can have saved.

I'm glad I waited. While it's a great deal, I'd rather show my support to the companies that bring niche titles to the US so that hopefully more like these will make it here.

They vary, my longest save took just under two minutes. Most are right around one minute, give or take. It's feasible that a save could run you that long but that's not consistently the case.

Also:

The install was 7 minutes and 40 seconds (on a 60gb), and launch takes an additional 30-45 seconds. Which is not terrible but still a little frustrating.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']They vary, my longest save took just under two minutes. Most are right around one minute, give or take. It's feasible that a save could run you that long but that's not consistently the case.

Also:

The install was 7 minutes and 40 seconds (on a 60gb), and launch takes an additional 30-45 seconds. Which is not terrible but still a little frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that hard-hitting and to-the-point in-depth journalism! I didn't realize it installed. I'll need to clear out some space. Also, considering this game is slow-paced and relaxing, long save times probably don't bother as much as they would in, say, a Killzone or an Uncharted. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='milmanias']I'm glad I waited. While it's a great deal, I'd rather show my support to the companies that bring niche titles to the US so that hopefully more like these will make it here.[/QUOTE]

I might be crazy enough to re-buy it once it his the U.S., mainly to support Natsume for bringing it over but also the nice incentive of added trophies... and possibility of DLC.

[quote name='Dissolve']Thanks for that hard-hitting and to-the-point in-depth journalism! I didn't realize it installed. I'll need to clear out some space. Also, considering this game is slow-paced and relaxing, long save times probably don't bother as much as they would in, say, a Killzone or an Uncharted. Thanks for the info.
[/QUOTE]
:lol: NP.
I save the game each night before my character "goes to bed;" This way it doesn't affect the flow of the game at all.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']:lol: NP.
I save the game each night before my character "goes to bed;" This way it doesn't affect the flow of the game at all.[/QUOTE]

This game is shaping up to quite possibly be that photograph-Africa RPG I've always wanted. :bouncy:

ALSO, just got Aquanaut's from NCSX. From the gameplay videos I've watched and handful of reviews I've read, this game seems like the perfect way to cool off after a long day of shooting in the hot Savannah.

I can't believe I just typed that. I sound like a nerdy PR person.:bomb:

What a day this has been. I'd planned to get inFAMOUS so I can feed that hunger for city-hopping and bad-guy-electrocuting but it seemed the hunger for realistic and educational exploration was bigger.

Now they need to make a game where you realistically hike and climb Mount Everest!

[quote name='Dissolve']This game is shaping up to quite possibly be that photograph-Africa RPG I've always wanted. :bouncy:

ALSO, just got Aquanaut's from NCSX. From the gameplay videos I've watched and handful of reviews I've read, this game seems like the perfect way to cool off after a long day of shooting in the hot Savannah.

I can't believe I just typed that. I sound like a nerdy PR person.:bomb:

What a day this has been. I'd planned to get inFAMOUS so I can feed that hunger for city-hopping and bad-guy-electrocuting but it seemed the hunger for realistic and educational exploration was bigger.

Now they need to make a game where you realistically hike and climb Mount Everest![/QUOTE]

For the US release of Afrika, they should bundle it with Aquanaut's Holiday and sell it for $60. I don't think Afrika will sell a hell of a lot by itself for $60, but with the Aquanaut's it would be a hit.

How long does Play-Asia take to ship for people? I'm still waiting, and my copy shipped the 22nd of May. I'm hoping it arrives Monday now. I ordered both games....I kinda wish I waited for the US version, but not if it sells for $60.

Hey do we have an official "Aquanaut's Holiday" thread in the PS3 section of the forums? I didn't find one and I'm kinda stuck in the game so I didn't know if we should post hints and spoilers in here, or use the "official" thread.

Thanks

[quote name='Vegan']Relax, it's on a freakin boat from China.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know....I guess I just assumed 7-10 days. Nothing showed up today either....oh well, as long as I get it by Friday, that would be nice.

Want to check this game izzit no English VOICE TALKING? i cannot find it can anyone teach me , my one only english subtitle but no voice talking

bread's done
Back