Alan Wake Limited Edition (360) $39.99 at Amazon

aaron50

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18049[/IMG-R]Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
:360: Alan Wake Limited Edition $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it funny how CAGs (at least in my case) become a LOT less cheap just because there's so many friggin awesome deals on this site? I have spent so much damn money on games this last year, largely due to this site, not to mention the dang trading forum. I could click around in there for HOURS. *sigh*

Maybe I'll go dump my giant bucket O' change into a coinstar machine and get an Amazon cert for this game - that will make it easier to take the plunge.

So yea, thanks OP for the heads up on another great deal, but at the same time : DAMN YOU!!!!:bomb: hehe.

Oh, plus I'm probably going to spend about $100 on Tuesday for some other game you all have probably heard of ;) - Kmart has one of the best deals available, if you guys haven't heard.

Looks like I'm double dipping, and it's worth it as well. I really wanted the Limited Edition after having so much fun with this game, and now I can.

[quote name='teknikalei']Isn't it funny how CAGs (at least in my case) become a LOT less cheap just because there's so many friggin awesome deals on this site? I have spent so much damn money on games this last year, largely due to this site, not to mention the dang trading forum. I could click around in there for HOURS. *sigh*

Maybe I'll go dump my giant bucket O' change into a coinstar machine and get an Amazon cert for this game - that will make it easier to take the plunge.

So yea, thanks OP for the heads up on another great deal, but at the same time : DAMN YOU!!!!:bomb: hehe.

Oh, plus I'm probably going to spend about $100 on Tuesday for some other game you all have probably heard of ;) - Kmart has one of the best deals available, if you guys haven't heard.[/QUOTE]yep i had no intention of buying alan wake but couldn't resist buying this.

[quote name='shorj998']Really tempted. The polarizing reviews give me pause though. Reviewers either loved it or thought it was average.[/QUOTE]

On metacritic it received glowing reviews with the exception of like 2 or 3 average ones.

I'm really thinking about jumping on this, but a lot of games are coming out soon and I feel like this would just turn into another game I'd sit on. Not because it's bad, but just because I don't have TONS of time.

My free student amazon prime though makes it REALLY tempting. Hmmm...

EDIT: Turns out I had a 10 dollar credit from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I can't deny it for just $29.99!!!

I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy this even though I already own the regular edition. I really enjoyed the game and it looks like a fantastic CE, I can probably re-coup some of the cost by selling the regular.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Any idea why the delivery estimate is September 17th, even with Prime?[/QUOTE]

It could have something to do with this statement in big green letters:

In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.

Oh, plus I'm probably going to spend about $100 on Tuesday for some other game you all have probably heard of - Kmart has one of the best deals available, if you guys haven't heard.

Tony Hawk's Ride? Oh wait, that was last year about this time :lol:

Wow front page. Cheapy's making a mint off of this one. I'm glad to help out. This'll be my third copy. First one on launch, then traded on Goozex. Then picked up a used copy from the local game store for 42.95 in trade just to play the Signal. Now paying even less for all the extra goodies and putting the second standard edition up on goozex. Thanks OP!

[quote name='confoosious']It could have something to do with this statement in big green letters:

In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd!

[quote name='confoosious']It could have something to do with this statement in big green letters:

In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.[/QUOTE]

yep, I'm not an idiot. Just wondering why it takes so long to put something in a box.

How long does a price stay at its current price if it is in your cart? I would like to use my $20 credit from reach to add towards this, but if it won't stay $39.99 in my cart after a couple day until I get the credit e-mail, then I'll just save the credit for something else.

[quote name='NcX2A fUtBaLl']How long does a price stay at its current price if it is in your cart? I would like to use my $20 credit from reach to add towards this, but if it won't stay $39.99 in my cart after a couple day until I get the credit e-mail, then I'll just save the credit for something else.[/QUOTE]

I don't think putting items in your cart would guarantee item prices to stay as it was when it was place it in.
If any changes are made they would notify you on the page, but nothing more.

Interested in picking this up ...

Can anyone tell me about the ending to this game? No need for spoilers but I'd appreciate it if one could tell me whether the story is concluded or if we're just left going WTF or if it's another one of those annoying cliffhangers.

I don't have much time to play anymore so I'd like to get a complete ending from games I invest time in.

Any help is VERY much appreciated. Thanks!

romeogbs19, I guess if you must know, it is more like a WTF ending b/c they left it open for DLC episodes. It remains to be seen if there will be a definite 'conclusion' with those..

However, if you primarily meant you like to start your games and finish them all the way thru, then yes, this game can easily be finished on the easiest difficulty level and there is quite a bit of enjoyment to it. When you get it, it's hard to put down b/c the story and the action just keeps coming...

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Thanks. With reach coming out I wasn't expecting to buying another game anytime soon, but this deal for such a solid collectors edition is too good to pass up.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Interested in picking this up ...

Can anyone tell me about the ending to this game? No need for spoilers but I'd appreciate it if one could tell me whether the story is concluded or if we're just left going WTF or if it's another one of those annoying cliffhangers.

I don't have much time to play anymore so I'd like to get a complete ending from games I invest time in.

Any help is VERY much appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Characters in the story achieve few goals, but it just feels really incomplete.
The story does not end at this game. It continues to Modern Warfare 2 and finishes in it.
The game's fun single player mode does not come from the story but rather how they put you in the game with a cinematic game experience.

Don't worry about the length of the single player. It's short and will probably take you 5-8 hours but great while it lasts.
Multiplayer mode is where you will get all your money worth out of it.

[quote name='token2k6']romeogbs19, I guess if you must know, it is more like a WTF ending b/c they left it open for DLC episodes. It remains to be seen if there will be a definite 'conclusion' with those..

However, if you primarily meant you like to start your games and finish them all the way thru, then yes, this game can easily be finished on the easiest difficulty level and there is quite a bit of enjoyment to it. When you get it, it's hard to put down b/c the story and the action just keeps coming...[/QUOTE]

Thank you, token2k6. I appreciate it. Yeah, I don't like WTF endings. After GOW3, I've concluded I'll never play a game where the ending leaves me open-mouthed, staring into a blank screen, trying to justify the hours spent.

I have no doubt Alan Wake is a terrific game, but I guess I'll wait until Remedy makes the sequel and finishes off the storyline first.

Same thing I'm doing with Dead Space. I'll play the first and roll through the 2nd -- of course, only after I find out whether the 2nd one finishes off the storyline.

Can't wait to do the same with Mass Effect once ME3 comes out. I hate playing a game, being left wondering what's happening next, and having no closure.

This is the reason I check cag regulary. I saw this post yesterday and buy it right away. Now I just need to finally replace my old and damaged 360 after almost two years.

[quote name='Moonlk']Not sure if I wanna bite on this or not...hm.[/QUOTE]

The fact that the deal remains available nearly 24 hours after originally posted means that there aren't many takers and the price will likely go down further. :(

Too bad for poor Alan Wake. . .

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']The fact that the deal remains available nearly 24 hours after originally posted means that there aren't many takers and the price will likely go down further. :(
[/QUOTE]

Or simply that they had a lot of stock.

It's not like there were 100 copies and 4 sold. They had well over 1000 copies.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Thank you, token2k6. I appreciate it. Yeah, I don't like WTF endings. After GOW3, I've concluded I'll never play a game where the ending leaves me open-mouthed, staring into a blank screen, trying to justify the hours spent.

I have no doubt Alan Wake is a terrific game, but I guess I'll wait until Remedy makes the sequel and finishes off the storyline first.

Same thing I'm doing with Dead Space. I'll play the first and roll through the 2nd -- of course, only after I find out whether the 2nd one finishes off the storyline.

Can't wait to do the same with Mass Effect once ME3 comes out. I hate playing a game, being left wondering what's happening next, and having no closure.[/QUOTE]

Only problem with your philosophy is there is no guarantee Remedy will be allowed or can afford to make a sequel. Microsoft did them no favors by putting it up against RDR and SMG 2, but if sales don't pick up or DLC purchases are not strong, the game will be done with just the 1 retail title and 2 DLC packs.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Only problem with your philosophy is there is no guarantee Remedy will be allowed or can afford to make a sequel. Microsoft did them no favors by putting it up against RDR and SMG 2, but if sales don't pick up or DLC purchases are not strong, the game will be done with just the 1 retail title and 2 DLC packs.[/QUOTE]
Alan Wake was a great game but I doubt it will ever get a sequel. The first one was in developement forever and It's a shame this game probably hasn't sold well enough to get one. Hopefully the last DLC will wrap it up just in case there is no sequel.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Alan Wake was a great game but I doubt it will ever get a sequel. The first one was in developement forever and It's a shame this game probably hasn't sold well enough to get one. Hopefully the last DLC will wrap it up just in case there is no sequel.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I doubt it too. I'm hoping development costs of DLCs are much cheaper so we can get a few satisfying episodes that tie up the story. I don't want them to just rush to finish the story with the second DLC, whatever that's called.

Yeah, I was surprised that not many people heard of Alan Wake (well, aside that it's a Xbox 360 exclusive). Man, Xbox fans need to embrace the exclusives.

[quote name='Serpentor']Yeah, I was surprised that not many people heard of Alan Wake (well, aside that it's a Xbox 360 exclusive). Man, Xbox fans need to embrace the exclusives.[/QUOTE]

doubt that's going to happen anytime soon but i use my 360 primarily for 360 non shooter exclusives, this being one of them

Popped for one...LE looks really cool and the bonus token for Episode 1 is great. If it lowers in price...meh. I think it is a great deal from someone who doesn't ever buy LEs...looking forward to playing this!

[quote name='Serpentor']Yeah, I was surprised that not many people heard of Alan Wake (well, aside that it's a Xbox 360 exclusive). Man, Xbox fans need to embrace the exclusives.[/QUOTE]

I tracked this game for a long time and there are quite a few PC players (including myself) that where disappointed when they cancelled it on the PC. You take the PC gamer out and that allot of original fans that didn't buy the game.:whistle2:(

It's also entirely possible, given the "extra 1-2 days to process" language, that they're selling not only their own remaining stock, but also microsoft's remaining stock.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Only problem with your philosophy is there is no guarantee Remedy will be allowed or can afford to make a sequel. Microsoft did them no favors by putting it up against RDR and SMG 2, but if sales don't pick up or DLC purchases are not strong, the game will be done with just the 1 retail title and 2 DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's the thing, if the story is never concluded I'd rather just not play it. Yeah, I'm missing a great game but I hate being left at the end wondering what the heck happened. It's like reading a book only to find that the last few chapters have been ripped out.

After the agony of Shenmue and the pain of Still Life, I never play games that don't have closure. Sure, the ending can be weird or inconclusive, but that's different if that's the point (i.e. the movie, Inception or Tomb Raider Underworld), but when it's because the developers plan on finishing the story, then I'll wait until they get around to doing that.

If they never do, then well, that means I never pick up and play their game. I just don't have time for games that don't complete stories. And in the time I have to play the ones that do, the others should be well along enough to finish their story-telling. If they're not, I move on.

Games on my radar are Enslaved and Vanquish --- both those I presume will be self-contained titles.

Oh they do; they just don't see anything past Halo: This Year's Edition.

Dead Rising, L4D, L4D2 -- plenty of non-Halo exclusives have sold well over a million copies. Alan Wake's (somewhat) poor sales are hard to explain.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Dead Rising, L4D, L4D2 -- plenty of non-Halo exclusives have sold well over a million copies. Alan Wake's (somewhat) poor sales are hard to explain.[/QUOTE]

not enough advertisement? either way I can't wait to get my copy next week:bouncy:

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']not enough advertisement? either way I can't wait to get my copy next week:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
The lack of advertisement on top of coming out the same day as Red Dead Redemption which had a huge marketing blitz to accompany its release.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Dead Rising, L4D, L4D2 -- plenty of non-Halo exclusives have sold well over a million copies. Alan Wake's (somewhat) poor sales are hard to explain.[/QUOTE]
Uh, L4D1-2 were not exclusive to 360.

Hm, well I take it no one knows how long this deal will last like with other odd super amazon deals of the past, so I may want to jump on this.

Question though, anyone fathom why this is such a deal?

What I mean is, are they planning some super edition to combine with the DLC stuff rendering this version absolete or something? Why is this deal so good? Usually it's because there's something on the horizon that would make people not want this version....

bread's done
Back