Alien Swarm: Valve's next game FREE NOW AVAILABLE TO DL!!!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Valve's next game, Alien Swarm: Infected is COMPLETELY FREE on steam at release on Monday July 19th. This game has full single player, 4 player co-op, steam achievements, progression unlockables, etc etc etc!

Here is the steam page for the game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/

Enjoy and happy gaming

-Edit-

eastx has asked me to add this:

Everyone please join the CAG Alien Swarm Steam Group!

3a5e0a062c5f581f0b72e8a84946e09fdcca5d80_full.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cag-as

Last edited by a moderator:
whats up with this game? after the new patch i cant even lauch it anymore...

anyone figure out how to fix this?

[quote name='sky03']whats up with this game? after the new patch i cant even lauch it anymore...

anyone figure out how to fix this?[/QUOTE]
Right Click > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Cache

Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot.

I just donwloaded it today and whe nI launch it, it starts the game but immediately freezes. I've played quite a few online games before like world of goo, plants vs zombies, diner dash,fallout 1/2, even WoW, and I'm pretty sure I meet the reqs, so whats the deal? Anyone else have trouble?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Right Click > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Cache

Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

this worked THANKS

Putting the X360 config in the shortcut didn't work for me, but entering it in the console did. Unfortunately, none of the prompts remap and figuring out what the buttons do is trial and error and some things aren't mapped at all. Too bad, because it moves and aims like Robotron.

I love this game, I love VALVe. This game is awesome, and I can't wait till new maps and campaigns arrive from modding community!
I've seen somewhere you can play this game in FPS mode?

[quote name='Moltres423']Doesn't work for me =[ game freezes my pc as soon as it opens:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Check to see if there's new drivers for your video card. Use the latest drivers from your card's manufacturer's website first, and if that doesn't do the trick, check at nvidia.com or ati.amd.com for latest drivers.

Most computer-freezes-when-i-open-a-game issues are related to the video card.

good luck

Anyone else think the cheats in this game make it 10x better? BTW, I can run people through for their speed run achievements or w/e you need. I've already got them all.

Loving this game! Stepping up the difficulty is great fun too. I also find the mouse/keyboard to be quite effective, so I definitely don't agree that they are clunky controls. I can imagine a controller would work rather well too, but I certainly feel like I get a bit more precision with the mouse, especially when it comes to those small bugs that can infest you >

[quote name='spacebooger']Ok I finally figured out how to use my 360 controller (or any other controller):
1. Go to the options-keyboard and mouse-and check the use developer's console.
2. Start the game and hit the ` key
3. type exec 360controller_xbox.cfg for a 360 controller
or
type exec 360controller_pc.cfg for other dual analog controllers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lllGurulll']I hate that I can't use my 360 controller on this game.[/QUOTE]

There ya go, it was on the last page too. There's also a link on the last page that will allow you to make it into an FPS as well.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just imagine...

At the end of Portal 2...GLADOS says "This game is a lie" and boom Episode 3 is unlocked in the bonus menu for beating the game. That would catch everyone off guard and it would be epic.[/QUOTE]

There has been a report that millions of pc game player's heads have exploded due to a shocking reveal at the end of Valve Software's new game "Portal 2" WARNING SPOILER AHEAD!!

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back