Alien vs. Predator- Are you going to see this?

I saw this last night and I'm very pleased with it. However, I went in with the mindset that the human characters would suck. I went only to see what this movie promises by title alone...Aliens vs. Predator. If you evaluate the movie based on this, I think it's fantastic. Especially if you've read any of the comic books or played the PC games. The PG-13 rating doesn't really hurt this film because it's almost all creature blood being spilled, and because it's not red the MPAA will let you get away with almost anything. :wink:

I felt that Predator 2 was so bad it managed to kill a very promising franchise character...and one of the best things about AVP is that it totally redeems the Predator as a species of bad ass-ness.

...and anyone disappointed by the ending was never a fan of these creatures to begin with. (You'll see what I mean)

Oh, and Paul Anderson did Event Horizon, Resident Evil, and Mortal Kombat.

Tomorrow night.
I LOVE the Alien & Predator films.

My expectations are a little low for this PG-13 film, but I'm still excited to see it.
There are a lot of people pissed about the rating...
You have to think though- the MPAA has a problem with red blood and coagulted gore. Neither predator nor alien have red blood, so I guess it could be quite violent between the two without having an "R" rating. Just glowing goo & acid. Just a thought, though.

I'm betting on an uncut or "R" rated director's cut when the dvd is released (same with Chronicles of Riddick)

Number one clue that this movie would blow, they didn't give any advance screenings to critics so they could review it before it opened. Enough said.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Currently at just an 8% positive rating, AVP has earned an overall 92% negative review from critics in general. Is this the quality of film you really want to pay to see in theaters?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_vs_predator/[/quote]

Thank you, reviewer: "As a genre pic, however, "Alien Vs. Predator" simply doesn't make the cut. After all, why watch an undercooked, virtually bloodless remake of all the other "Alien" and "Predator" flicks when they were done better and treated their audience with more respect? There is no reason to."

Of COURSE Im seeing this. ITS ALIENS VS. PREDATOR. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? It doesnt even need a story line. They should just put Aliens, Predators, and Humans in a bit room and let em go at it. w00t w00t. And Karsh, Collateral was easily the best movie I've seen this year. Go.

[quote name='scsg75']Number one clue that this movie would blow, they didn't give any advance screenings to critics so they could review it before it opened. Enough said.[/quote]

No, the number one clue, known months before the movie was released, was that Paul Anderson of Resident Evil fame was directing it.

Seen it last night at a 12:01 screening...
It's not a great movie but it sure as hell was entertaining. And it looked much better than I expected it to. Also the pg-13 kind of hurt it I would of rather of just seen the humans die in a huge bloody slaughter fest so there would be more time in the Alien/Predator fights. (another way in which the PG-13 hurt it was they had to move the camera around so you couldn't see to much of the action). Also, what was up with those absurd accents that people had?

[quote name='captainofindustry']Seen it last night at a 12:01 screening...
It's not a great movie but it sure as hell was entertaining. And it looked much better than I expected it to. Also the pg-13 kind of hurt it I would of rather of just seen the humans die in a huge bloody slaughter fest so there would be more time in the Alien/Predator fights. (another way in which the PG-13 hurt it was they had to move the camera around so you couldn't see to much of the action). Also, what was up with those absurd accents that people had?[/quote]

So there was lots of kicking ass? Thats all I need to hear.

There was a good amount but there wasn't enough Alien on Predator action, just when a fight was getting cool the camera man starts convulsing or something.

just saw it, since Im a big fan I enjoyed it and thought it was great, but I am the first too admit it could have been better, alot of people complain about the rating, WHY, all they did was basically remove the more gorey scenes with people getting torn too shreds which didnt really add too the movie too begin with (although I enjoyed it)

So far I'm convinced the only smart thing Paul Anderson has done is get engaged to Milla Jovovich. I'm glad he didn't direct RE Apocalypse. Than again he did write and produce it so it will still not live up to my expectations I'm sure.

I caught it earlier today and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

If you're a fan of either series I recommend watching it. The first clash in the movie between the two species alone is worth the cost of admission.

If you're luke-warm to these series I'd recommend not seeing it, as the acting could be better and this isn't going to be an Oscar nominee. You'll likely come out complaining more about how it could have been improved instead of what it did well.

Bottomline - It's a movie for fanboys, and not really anyone else.

This has got to be the most hilarious movie I have seen this year. I particularly found how the human team was developed and destroyed within five minute time spans quite humourous. Let's not forget the terrible dialogue and boring fight scenes. OMG HE PUNCHED TEH ALIEN! That's basically the extent of the fight scenes considering SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Only 1 Predator survies the first 35 minutes. fucking stupid. And let's not forget that the gilr and the predator ACTUALLY TEAM UP! Yes, they team up and actually have a scene where they ride up a tube rockety-bobsled style together. All it was missing was some bluegrass music. Terrible.

END SPOILERS

What you have here is a movie that makes you feel ripped off, despite how much you like aliens and predators. It's insulting, even for a film of this nature.

I just saw it, and thought it was great. Wasnt anything more or less than I thought it would be. The action kicked ass, and even though the acting was terrible, it was a fun movie. Worth 7 bucks.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']So far I'm convinced the only smart thing Paul Anderson has done is get engaged to Milla Jovovich. I'm glad he didn't direct RE Apocalypse. Than again he did write and produce it so it will still not live up to my expectations I'm sure.[/quote]

They married like a year ago.

And Reality's Fringe's post is hilarious. I'm sure as hell not seeing this movie ever. The 13% rating on Rottentomatoes doesn't help either.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']So far I'm convinced the only smart thing Paul Anderson has done is get engaged to Milla Jovovich. I'm glad he didn't direct RE Apocalypse. Than again he did write and produce it so it will still not live up to my expectations I'm sure.[/quote]

And Reality's Fringe's post is hilarious. I'm sure as hell not seeing this movie ever. The 13% rating on Rottentomatoes doesn't help either.[/quote]

She's married to him?! Jeez, that's a step down from Luc Besson in the director department.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']So far I'm convinced the only smart thing Paul Anderson has done is get engaged to Milla Jovovich. I'm glad he didn't direct RE Apocalypse. Than again he did write and produce it so it will still not live up to my expectations I'm sure.[/quote]

And Reality's Fringe's post is hilarious. I'm sure as hell not seeing this movie ever. The 13% rating on Rottentomatoes doesn't help either.[/quote]

She's married to him?! Jeez, that's a step down from Luc Besson in the director department.[/quote]

Meh I was never up to date on hollywood happanings. And yeah that's a big step down the director ladder. I didn't like all Besson's films but they were not even close to the terrible excuse for films Anderson cranks out.

Just saw it this afternoon, about all I can say is:

:puke:

I don't think I've ever flipped the bird at the screen when a director's name came up during the credits, but this certainly was a justified first.

bread's done
Back