All Game Crazys Are Closing

stonetoad

CAG Veteran
Found this on my local Craigslist.

Bend Game Crazy Closing: First and foremost, a heartfelt and whole hearted "Thank You" to Central Oregon for choosing us for the past 6 years. In approx. two weeks ALL Game Crazy and Hollywood Video stores will be entering liquidation. As the store manager, and employee since (almost) inception till the last day I wanted to thank all the many, many, many people who have been like our extended family. You have made a job a 2nd home. We will miss all of your faces and down to earth kindness. We have always striven to be your "neighborhood" game store and provide you with excellent customer service and I feel we have done a pretty good job. Your loyalty has inspired us to provide you with the best possible experiences when in our store (CoDMW2 Midnight Launch chest flasher, HALO 3 Megaline around the store, Super Smash Bros. Tourneys and many many more). You have made the long waits till midnight launches and the 4AM Black Fridays well worth it. I also thank the many employees who have been with us over the years, the part time seasonals to the full timers who have moved on. We wish to see your faces all one last time before we close that gate for the final time. So come on down, pick up that game you've been wanting or just come down and shoot the breeze with Dan, Cody, Chris or myself. We would love to see you and say thank you and goodbye.

Bend Game Crazy Store Director,
Glenn J.

Bend Game Crazy Shift Leads (and a better group of employees than I could wish for),
Cody J. & Dan H. & Chris M.

P.S. As I'm sure many of you have some questions I'll try to answer what I know here and save our phone (and sanity) from blowing up.

Q. I have deposits on preorders, credit on my account, a gift card to GC and Hollywood. What do I do?
A. All cash deposits can be refunded for cash or used towards a purchase. All credit deposits/trade credits must be used up, credit is not transferable to cash. I recommend using your gift cards as there wont be any other location to use it at.

Q. Are you still taking preorders?
A. No, we will no longer be taking preorders on future titles, nor offering the MVP membership, offering game guard or console service contracts.

Q. What if I purchased one of those things?
A. Preorders see answer to the first question, as for MVP's and game guard I assume those will be unrefundable. In the case of service contracts I am unsure at this time how the company will handle them. I will have more information after my conference call on Monday.

Q. Are you still taking trades?
A. Yep, most definitely, however, we are no longer doing cash for trades. We still guarantee the best trade price in town and if we come in lower we'll top our competitor by 5% as always. But, if it wasn't obvious, you'll want to use that credit same day.

Q. What/When are your liquidation sales?
A. The sales wont start until the liquidation firms finish bidding on the company's assets *apx. 2 weeks. As for what the sales will be I couldn't tell you at this time. However expect by the time they begin some of our stock may have been shipped out, and expect much of the "better stuff" to go fairly quickly, so don't expect the good/decent/rare(er) games to last past the first or second weeks. Moral of the story, best to just come buy it now rather than try to wait for it to hit bottom dollar pricing as it wont be in stock then.

Q. What do you guys have in stock?
A. Honestly, everything up to date including a few Splinter Cell Elite 360 and Bowsers Inside Story DSI bundles. We have a pretty awesome selection of used games right now (I raided one of the Eugene stores that absorbed a lot of product from another closing store a few weeks ago so we have a lot of hot stuff in). A bunch of refurbished Wii's for $150, a ton of refurbished 360's $160-250 and a bunch of new consoles/handhelds as well.

Q. So what now?
A. We are kicking around a few ideas about a Store Closing BBQ when all is said and done and we'd really love to have anyone who has been a regular or has a fond memory to come down and write it down or sign on the store banner. We might also practice moonwalking and juggling and putting a video on YouTube, we'll see. :)

THANK YOU CENTRAL OREGON, YOU'VE MADE IT AWESOME!

Sorry to get off topic -

The store in Tigard OR has finally merged the remaining stock to the HWV side and is at 40% off games. Thought about it for a while (compared the math to Gamestop's sale) but got R&C: CiT for $21, Crackdown for $6, and Saboteur for $10.80, along with some empty cases for $1 for all the other games I've bought from closing stores.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']1. If you had the twenty bucks to throw down on it with the chance of nothing going wrong, you shouldn't be upset.
2. Take care of your system and you won't have to worry about it.
3. Thousands of people are losing their jobs, and you're upset about $20?[/QUOTE]
1. Didn't know I should have been looking at the profits of the company to know if I should invest in game credit/warranties. I was expecting a FULL warranty.
2. I guess the RRoD on the Xbox 360 were the fault of the owners?
3. I am sorry for the loss of all of your jobs(I had a friend who worked at GC), but I don't see why I deserve the total jerk responses of some of you. I was just voicing how I felt, just as you guys are voicing how you feel(by taking a dump on me). I know there is probably zero I could do, but I hate losing money(this IS Cheap Gamer). That's why I posted what I said. Hoping maybe there was something I could do(which I know there isn't). Thank you all for the help. >_>

Thanks for the backup though, MSI Magus.

[quote name='juanawoman']That's why I posted what I said. Hoping maybe there was something I could do(which I know there isn't). Thank you all for the help. >_>[/QUOTE]

I call :bs:

You were just bitching, like the rest of us, blowing off steam about something that upset you. In no way were you "asking for help" or "options". I'm sorry, I don't normally call people out - but that statement is just bulls**t.

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']I call :bs:

You were just bitching, like the rest of us, blowing off steam about something that upset you. In no way were you "asking for help" or "options". I'm sorry, I don't normally call people out - but that statement is just bulls**t.[/QUOTE]
Love how you didn't have responses for anything else I typed. Guess you couldn't nitpick anything else? :applause: Great guess, captain obvious. Of course I was blowing off steam. That wasn't my main objective though, it WAS for help. In what way would I gain for lying? I spent hours of my time contacting Hollywood Video, Nintendo, and posting on Yahoo Answers. I shouldn't even have to explain myself. I am sorry you have issues with trust, but that doesn't give you a reason to be butt face.

I just don't like letting a huge company(well, it use to be) walk all over me. That's probably the reason Hollywood Video is in the mess they are. It isn't JUST the 20 bucks on my insurance, it is just the principle of standing for what I believe is rightfully mine.

I had over 100 freaking bucks in credit at GameCrazy as well(that was also part of the problem). I had to spend it on their cruddy selection of what they had left, which I then had to sell for under face value(ended up from 100 to 75 dollars). So all in all I lost about 45 bucks. Guess we should just let them do whatever they want, huh? This has nothing to do with the employees. It is like you are defending Hollywood Video. You should be angry with how they handled their company all these years.

[quote name='bgame2']I agree with this. I'm not trying to fuel they fire but if a store employee pushed the warranty on him, then he has every right to bitch about it if it won't be honored.[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... and this is not like someone dying ... that's ridiculous ... you lost a job not a person. I'm currently unemployed and I know what it's like, it sucks but some people in here seriously need to get off the 'I just got laid off, so I'm going to go ape shit at anyone who criticizes my former company or fellow employees' train.

This site is about deals, and a dude who lost out on his rebate has every right to bitch because lord knows that companies like game crazy and game stop shove that crap down their customers throats all the time, so good for him ... go ahead, complain about it ... he deserves to know why he's out $20.

It has nothing to do with the fact that some of you lost your jobs ... absolutely nothing to do with it, so stop taking it so personally. Regardless, this thread should be about getting good deals from what is the equivalent of a sinking ship, not a support group for former employees.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but this is a site about game deals and that's what people look for. Others might be upset if they lose out on warranties they had at Gamecrazy, so at least that info is somewhat useful. But all this anger and bitching people out and comparing it to someone dying is beyond ridiculous.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I think the DS is pretty rock solid as far as reliablility anyway and a warranty probably was a waste of money anyway.[/QUOTE]
:wall:Seriously? How the heck does that help? I never have never had a problem with my PS2(I've had it over 5 years), yet I just found out that many had disk reading problems. Not everyone has the same luck with their systems. Better safe than sorry.

You don't me saying,"There was probably no reason to work at GameCrazy. Movie stores were obviously on their way out".

[quote name='Purkeynator']I think the DS is pretty rock solid as far as reliablility anyway and a warranty probably was a waste of money anyway.[/QUOTE]

My first DS lite came with 3 dead pixels. My second had a large crack develop in the hinge of the system that keeps the second screen attached. If you look it up its actually a fairly common problem with the DS Lite and Nintendo charged me somewhere around $50 to fix it I believe. My brothers DS Lite also had a problem where it stopped reading carts after awhile.

Nintendo makes more reliable hardware then most, but its hardly immune to failures(especially not the DS Lite).

Sure is alot of people trying to one up each other on their hard luck stories...

40% seems to be the breaking point for alot of people at my local store. Alot of the newer titles are finally flying off the shelves.

If only I could convince a worker to start selling me some guides. I guess they are supposed to be sent back but each worker seems to have a different story on how it will be handled. Not counting the shelf pulls they have a couple hundred of older guides piled in the back room I was able to look upon :drool:.

Picked up Etrian Odyssey 2, Pop'n Music Wii, and Space Bust A Move for about 10 a piece after the discount today. Probably go back when things hit 50% to get some more stuff. Lots of good niche stuff left at my local GC.

[quote name='ninjaxams']man ppl here are such bitter assholes, i hate most the fuckers on this site...[/QUOTE]

if you think this is bad, try going on other sites around the interwebz. its way worse, for instance, go to gamefaqs... you will run back here on your knees begging to come back! This is about the nicest most grown up site there is for gaming on the web

Picked up a new copy of Infinite Space for DS for $20, may go back and get a few more games later this week, got this now since it was the last one and they had had 3 copies for the longest time until the 40% off hit.

man, psp gos, Street Fighter 4 CE ps3, GOW Collection. Some of you guys still have some good stuff left! Mine's been picked over, except for a massive amount of strategy guides. I did manage to pick up Tales of Vesperia for $15 though, and a Fable strategy guide for $2.

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']Oh no, $20. You would have wasted it anyway. Hundreds of people lost their jobs. Quit your bitching. :bs:[/QUOTE]

Not his concern. Go get another job.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't aware that the games were a download for the PSPGo. I thought it was an actual bundle.

I lost my job, my DS warranty, and my 360 warranty.. shut up.. lol[/QUOTE]

Not his concern. Go get another job.

Why anyone would bother the person who posted that is beyond me. Their point it valid.

Both gamecrazies in the vancouve, wa area still have game guides but they don't seem to be marked down. PS2 games are still at 50% all other games at 40% Been at that price for over a week now. They definately need another drop before I'll pick anything up.

I picked up a white PSP Go for $150 out the door, today. They still had 2 white and 1 black one left too. I may go back next week if they do indeed decide to take the discounts even deeper.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Not his concern. Go get another job.

Why anyone would bother the person who posted that is beyond me. Their point it valid.[/QUOTE]

Drop the shit already. This thread was already cleaned up by a mod because of two pages of personal attacks exchanged by posters.

Post deals or don't post at all.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Not his concern. Go get another job.

Why anyone would bother the person who posted that is beyond me. Their point it valid.[/QUOTE]

Normally, I don't give a shit when people post stuff like this, but for you... I hope you become unemployed one day. Then you'll see what it's like being unemployed and not being able to find another job in this shit market. Good job showing your douche baggery, asshole.

Just a reminder to the recent poster who didn't catch this earlier:

[quote name='Trakan']This is a deals thread. Please keep the discussion on topic.[/QUOTE]

I went into my local Game Crazy today here in Hanover, PA and the store manager there told me he thinks they'll be open until the second week of July and the sale will go to 80% off (still at 40% atm).

They still had a lot of stock left, I picked up a couple of PSP games at a good price. Funny thing is, the store that's moving into our game crazy location will be a bloody Gamestop! Good news is that the guys that run our Game Crazy are opening up their own game store in August, I wish them the best of luck since they're all great at what they do.

[quote name='eldergamer']Both gamecrazies in the vancouve, wa area still have game guides but they don't seem to be marked down. PS2 games are still at 50% all other games at 40% Been at that price for over a week now. They definately need another drop before I'll pick anything up.[/QUOTE]

everything is marked down. If the games are at 40%, the guides are at 40%. None of the prices should be marked on the guides. Most guides scan for $9.99, then you get 40% off on top of that.

scored the following:
Beautiful Katamari (disc looks NEW) - $9.00
Mass Effect - $7.50
Gears of War - $6.50
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - $12.50

Hey Scorch, I apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Suppose the PSP and PSPgo get these rumored MSRP price drops this week...will that effect the base price from which they are marked down by xx% at gamecrazy?

Again I realize that the liquidation may not be effected by MSRP drops, but I thought I would ask anyway.

[quote name='bgame2']Hey Scorch, I apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Suppose the PSP and PSPgo get these rumored MSRP price drops this week...will that effect the base price from which they are marked down by xx% at gamecrazy?

Again I realize that the liquidation may not be effected by MSRP drops, but I thought I would ask anyway.[/QUOTE]

No effect whatsoever!

[quote name='vaant']I went into my local Game Crazy today here in Hanover, PA and the store manager there told me he thinks they'll be open until the second week of July and the sale will go to 80% off (still at 40% atm).

They still had a lot of stock left, I picked up a couple of PSP games at a good price. Funny thing is, the store that's moving into our game crazy location will be a bloody Gamestop! Good news is that the guys that run our Game Crazy are opening up their own game store in August, I wish them the best of luck since they're all great at what they do.[/QUOTE]

The store in Portage, Indiana, is closing tonight. Sign posted. According to the store, no prior warning was given.

i went to a stroe in Oregon today, games were 40% off, accessories 50% off and PS2 games 60% off, i grabbed Gun for PS2 for $3.20 and a new in shrink wrap Super Mario Galaxy premiere edition guide for $5

Rockford, IL GameCrazy still open. Most things have been picked through but they had a TON of Wii games still available. Many still in shrink wrap even.

They had 4 copies of Metroid Prime Trillogy Collector's Edition in stock all new. I managed to get one for $29.99. Not the best price, but it's been the only copy I've seen around town.

Smash Bros. Brawl, Tats vs Capcom, and several other hit titles were still available.

Most other systems only had used games left in stock with no original book or case.

I'm hoping to find another miracle MG or GC like I did last weekend. Randomly went by on my way home, and noticed they were at 90% off EVERYTHING! I got there around 3:00 local time believe it or not, they STILL HAD SOME GOOD, NEXT-GEN STUFF! I can only imagine if I would have been there 3-4 hours earlier at opening. Took me about 2 hours to check out, but I walked with around 20 games and 1 blu ray for $55.xx. One game (Star Ocean Int'l PS3) I've already flipped to GS for $27.50 in credit, recouping half of my cost. :)

I just wish I could figure out the odd clearance pattern these new liquidators are following. I've seen some stores close at 20-30% off and ship most of their stuff away; The bulk of the stores seem to be following the patterns reported here (around 40-50% off right now), but I would love to know the reasoning behind one of the gems like I hit last week. Why did they go to an ultra low discount there instead of shipping the inventory off?

Went by today and they closed the gamecrazy! The left over stock seems to have exploded into the hollywood video and is sitting everywhere there was an empty surface.

Seems I have to keep an eye out everyday on changes.

Drove 40 mins to a store which was still on store locator, only to find it was closed :( it didn't even have a "Closing sale - savings storewide" mark on the website

[quote name='Dogenzaka']I should go check my GameCrazy. I've been wanting to rebuy this game but it's still $50 at retail lol.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I can't believe that game lasted long enough to hit that price. I saw one that was 30% off and figured I could wait a week. It was gone.

In vancouver/hazel dell the game crazy had closed and moved all of it's remaining stock into the next door hollywood video. PS2 games were 60%. I picked up 5 for about $16. Everything else was 40% (most dvds were 50%). Some of the DS games I had my eye on were gone. (Summon Night, Mazes of Fate, Fighting Fantasy, etc)

Picked up Darksiders and Uncharted two for 17.50 and 25.00 .
Also picked up a few blurays for 6.80
They're getting stock from another store, so I'll check that out next weekend.
My birthdays tomorrow so this was a present for myself.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Drove 40 mins to a store which was still on store locator, only to find it was closed :( it didn't even have a "Closing sale - savings storewide" mark on the website[/QUOTE]

If you went to all the trouble of looking them up, why didn't you call first to see if they were open, before driving that far, and wasting your gas?

If you're close enough, you might want to drive by anyway: mine didn't answer the phone at all, as they're now on the Hollywood Video side and have the Game Crazy side shut up (or in that case, call the Hollywood Video number as well as Game Crazy's.)

Also, if any of you have a Hollywood Video near you guys, they seem to be at at least 50% off all movies including Blu-Rays and new releases, and 60% off the regular stock. So, you can pick up TV seasons at $3.99/DVD, or stuff like District 9 or The Hangover for $5.99. Awesome deal, really.

Went to my local Gamecrazy today and i picked up dynasty warriors 6 empires (360) for $14 and picked up mario and luigi bowser inside story (ds) new for $21.xx

[quote name='Zantra']If you went to all the trouble of looking them up, why didn't you call first to see if they were open, before driving that far, and wasting your gas?[/QUOTE]

Well it was only gonna be 20 mins but there was crazy construction that made it a hassle, and I had a new CD so I didn't really mind driving. That's why

bread's done
Back