All Game Crazys Are Closing

stonetoad

CAG Veteran
Found this on my local Craigslist.

Bend Game Crazy Closing: First and foremost, a heartfelt and whole hearted "Thank You" to Central Oregon for choosing us for the past 6 years. In approx. two weeks ALL Game Crazy and Hollywood Video stores will be entering liquidation. As the store manager, and employee since (almost) inception till the last day I wanted to thank all the many, many, many people who have been like our extended family. You have made a job a 2nd home. We will miss all of your faces and down to earth kindness. We have always striven to be your "neighborhood" game store and provide you with excellent customer service and I feel we have done a pretty good job. Your loyalty has inspired us to provide you with the best possible experiences when in our store (CoDMW2 Midnight Launch chest flasher, HALO 3 Megaline around the store, Super Smash Bros. Tourneys and many many more). You have made the long waits till midnight launches and the 4AM Black Fridays well worth it. I also thank the many employees who have been with us over the years, the part time seasonals to the full timers who have moved on. We wish to see your faces all one last time before we close that gate for the final time. So come on down, pick up that game you've been wanting or just come down and shoot the breeze with Dan, Cody, Chris or myself. We would love to see you and say thank you and goodbye.

Bend Game Crazy Store Director,
Glenn J.

Bend Game Crazy Shift Leads (and a better group of employees than I could wish for),
Cody J. & Dan H. & Chris M.

P.S. As I'm sure many of you have some questions I'll try to answer what I know here and save our phone (and sanity) from blowing up.

Q. I have deposits on preorders, credit on my account, a gift card to GC and Hollywood. What do I do?
A. All cash deposits can be refunded for cash or used towards a purchase. All credit deposits/trade credits must be used up, credit is not transferable to cash. I recommend using your gift cards as there wont be any other location to use it at.

Q. Are you still taking preorders?
A. No, we will no longer be taking preorders on future titles, nor offering the MVP membership, offering game guard or console service contracts.

Q. What if I purchased one of those things?
A. Preorders see answer to the first question, as for MVP's and game guard I assume those will be unrefundable. In the case of service contracts I am unsure at this time how the company will handle them. I will have more information after my conference call on Monday.

Q. Are you still taking trades?
A. Yep, most definitely, however, we are no longer doing cash for trades. We still guarantee the best trade price in town and if we come in lower we'll top our competitor by 5% as always. But, if it wasn't obvious, you'll want to use that credit same day.

Q. What/When are your liquidation sales?
A. The sales wont start until the liquidation firms finish bidding on the company's assets *apx. 2 weeks. As for what the sales will be I couldn't tell you at this time. However expect by the time they begin some of our stock may have been shipped out, and expect much of the "better stuff" to go fairly quickly, so don't expect the good/decent/rare(er) games to last past the first or second weeks. Moral of the story, best to just come buy it now rather than try to wait for it to hit bottom dollar pricing as it wont be in stock then.

Q. What do you guys have in stock?
A. Honestly, everything up to date including a few Splinter Cell Elite 360 and Bowsers Inside Story DSI bundles. We have a pretty awesome selection of used games right now (I raided one of the Eugene stores that absorbed a lot of product from another closing store a few weeks ago so we have a lot of hot stuff in). A bunch of refurbished Wii's for $150, a ton of refurbished 360's $160-250 and a bunch of new consoles/handhelds as well.

Q. So what now?
A. We are kicking around a few ideas about a Store Closing BBQ when all is said and done and we'd really love to have anyone who has been a regular or has a fond memory to come down and write it down or sign on the store banner. We might also practice moonwalking and juggling and putting a video on YouTube, we'll see. :)

THANK YOU CENTRAL OREGON, YOU'VE MADE IT AWESOME!

[quote name='reallydude']
Also, if any of you have a Hollywood Video near you guys, they seem to be at at least 50% off all movies including Blu-Rays and new releases, and 60% off the regular stock. So, you can pick up TV seasons at $3.99/DVD, or stuff like District 9 or The Hangover for $5.99. Awesome deal, really.[/QUOTE]

Considering most TV shows have 4+ discs, $3.99/disc isn't too great. I always see people at closing video stores buying one disc thinking they are getting the full season. Once they do that they make the remaining discs useless since you can no longer buy the whole set.

Also, I picked up these games for the following prices if anyone wants an idea of what they should run:

-Conduit (used) $15
-Blue Dragon (used) $5
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance (new) $10

Checked out the Hagerstown Gamecrazy for probably the last time. The Gamecrazy part was more or less merged with Hollywood Video. The only part that is left of Gamecrazy are doubles of old sports & anime games. They also had a few games in just sleeves with prices written on them.

Hollywood Video had some GC games on it's side which were in sightly better condition. They got a lot of PS3 games such as Mag and Darksiders for 40% off which sound like pretty good deals for people that want those games (I have no interest in them).

Other than that, 40% off games besides PS2 games. 60% off PS2 games. No consoles. Hollywood Video has $5 DVDs (from the section I saw) and 5 for $20.

Are there any left in New York? The store locator said no, and the ones on google maps all had phone numbers that were no longer in service, but I thought I'd ask out of blind hope. :/

mine has been at 40% off for all games.
50% off accessories and guides
60% off all ps2 games.

Its been this way for 2.5 weeks.
And they have ALOT of good Ps3, 360, and Wii games that are new or used.
Not sure why it hasnt dropped for so long. I go each day to check. And the stuff isnt selling its just sitting there. And while that stuff is sitting there they got games shipped to them from another store.
WEIRD. When those games hit 50% off and more is when Ill bite.

went to the Movie Gallery by my house today(431 location in Huntsville, AL). When I walked in all games were 50% off and after looking for about 10mins, the guy working announced he just received confirmation that games are now 60% off.

Ended up getting:

Punchout(2 copies-1 for a buddy who wanted one)-Wii
Just Cause 2-360
Wet-360
Smackdown vs Raw 2010-PS3
Ratchet and Clank Future A Crack in Time-PS3

Selection was pretty good, they had several Crackdowns, another SVR2010 and blu-rays are now down to 60% I think if anyone is interested in those. And now my backlog just gets bigger, lol.

Boy the people still working these stores sure know they won't be working there long. All kinds of cussing and goofing around.

I overhead them saying the store was likely to remain awhile and they were all bummed out about them apparently getting stock from another closed store soon.

I kind of wish the sale would just end. I want some last day deals! The bluray section looks almost untouched but $8.00+ for what are pretty much disc only releases with their non original case and messed up artwork is still too rich for my blood.

Just called my local store and they said 50% off all games instead of the 40% people have been saying, so I think how quickly they move up must be determined by how much they sell/when they started closing. Odd that they apparently changed the prices on a Monday, though.

[quote name='Gara']they were all bummed out about them apparently getting stock from another closed store soon. [/QUOTE]

I know how they feel. I had to process a shipment from a closing store once. I'm glad my store's already closed, though. We had to ship out 5,000+ pieces. They know they're losing their job soon and they're going to have to process, sort, price and file 5,000 items. I don't envy them at all.

Just got back from the Ferguson, MO Game Crazy/Hollywood Video and everything is 50% off. Picked up :360: Guilty Gear 2 $15 new and Rambo 4 on Blu-Ray used for $8.50.

Still 50% off at Ogden Utah Hollywood as of yesterday. Gamecrazy closed and moved the stock to attached Hollywood video. I snagged Warioware DIY for $17, Legendary Starfy for $15, Assassin's Creed Limited edition for $15, and The Watchmen complete experience on PS3 for $10. Not a bad haul.

[quote name='Guy Legend']Picked up God of War 3 for $30 and Red Faction Guerilla for $10 brand new- 50% off in Columbia, MO.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice if they still had the George Harrison Rock Band guitar in the case? I've been eying that for awhile now.

Went to mine. Was still at 40% off most new stuff. I took the plunge and bought the last remaining psp go for 150. People have indicated having success getting the 3 free games from the PSN after buying psp go's from the liquidation sale so I decided to give it a shot.

I figure that in the worst case scenario someone will buy it for $100 a few months from now if I decide that I hate it.

I was at mine on Monday and it was 50% games, 60% off accessories.

I picked up a Lost Odyssey guide for $4, and Too Human Guide for $4.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Did you notice if they still had the George Harrison Rock Band guitar in the case? I've been eying that for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice any of the guitars. Overall though, the store still has lots of stuff.

[quote name='Killbomb']Just got back from the Ferguson, MO Game Crazy/Hollywood Video and everything is 50% off. Picked up :360: Guilty Gear 2 $15 new and Rambo 4 on Blu-Ray used for $8.50.[/QUOTE]
Ferguson Game Crazy. My old job. :cry: I miss that place and those guys.

My Game Crazy just moved all their stuff to the Hollywood, but I didn't see anything too special. I'll wait.

But I did find a boxed copy of Advance Guardian Heroes that was mispriced and got it for $2.50. :)

Hagerstown MD GC closed sometime last week (or so I'm told), but their remaining stock was moved over the neighboring HWV. Not much there that interested in me that I could afford, but I did pick up Prey brand new for $2.50.

Stock is also 50% off.

[quote name='Guy Legend']Picked up God of War 3 for $30 and Red Faction Guerilla for $10 brand new- 50% off in Columbia, MO.[/QUOTE]

For what systems mate, I was in their on Monday. I didn't see RFG. But they had a monstrous pile of full cases near the window.

[quote name='Gara']Boy the people still working these stores sure know they won't be working there long. All kinds of cussing and goofing around.

I overhead them saying the store was likely to remain awhile and they were all bummed out about them apparently getting stock from another closed store soon.

I kind of wish the sale would just end. I want some last day deals! The bluray section looks almost untouched but $8.00+ for what are pretty much disc only releases with their non original case and messed up artwork is still too rich for my blood.[/QUOTE]

I know how they feel. I was there for circuit city's downfall. It felt like the last few weeks of high school. Lots of goofing around and talking shit behind customers back, flirt with hot girls. Those were bitersweet days.

[quote name='Cravin Taco Bell']For what systems mate, I was in their on Monday. I didn't see RFG. But they had a monstrous pile of full cases near the window.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, MSRP is $20 for both systems, so it'll be $10 if it's 50% off.

40%-60% off at my local store. Games still at 40%. Its been like 2 weeks though, so I'm hoping it goes to 50% soon.

small world.

Hooray, a complete Tales of Vesperia for 12.50.

I heard a dude ask what the highest discount would be, and the worker said probably 75%. I thought that on the last day everything went down to 90 or some nonsense like that.

2 of the 3 stores near me are already closed. Went by the last one earlier this week and picked up Little King's Story for Wii for $12.50. The Bigs 2 for 360 was the only other thing that caught my eye, and $12.50 for it still seemed a little high. Most DVDs are down to $5 or less if they're not new.

If there are any Phoenix area people here, all the stores are closed except for one in Chandler, Alma School and Ray. They have a lot of games for all systems still left, and everything is 50-60% off. Many of the games are low rated games, but some titles of interest are available.

I stopped in the Fall River, MA Gamecrazy (actually the hollywood video, gamecrazy locked their doors) on a whim and they had all their strategy guides on sale...they were all marked $10 so I got 9 at $4 apiece...and I also picked up Mass Effect 2 hardcover for $12.50 (was marked $29.99). They still had tons of strategy guides left.

I had four movie gallerys near me, they were doing the closing sale one week the next week all four were closed. oh well probaly safed me money. does anybody know why mg closed so quick

Had some time to kill today (Steam Sales dead :cry:) so I popped into Gamecrazy.

Found a new/sealed copies of :gc: LoZ:TP for $20 & :360: DMC4:CE for $10.

Going back on Wednesday when they up the discount to 70%-80%, store closes on the 16th.

I hit my local Movie Gallery yesterday and today...it was insane, 80% off used games yesterday and 90% all used games today. The store's last day is tomorrow, but all told i nabbed 3 PS3 games, 9 360 games, 3 Wii games, and 3 blu-rays for a total of $55...the highlights were Bayonetta for 360 for $4.50, MLB 2k10 for $4.00, Beatles RockBand for $3.50, and Ghostbusters for $1.70. On the PS3 Side i got Smackdown vs Raw 2010 for $3.50, and WET for $2.00.

If only that place was close to me... I would have loved to walk in and buy that much for $55... It would make my day. Wish I had friends down there that could pick up games for me! XD

Grabbed a Sealed copy of Folklore for $15.

And a copy of Superman for 360 for $6.50.

Yes I know its kind of poo but I love Superman and its prolly the best game to date. At least alot better than that N64 Garbage. lol.

May go back to check some stuff out. May grab FF13. They have alot of those for ps3 and 360 and ALOT of GOW3..

Already have GOW but may get FF13 on Ps3.

[quote name='Torazo']If only that place was close to me... I would have loved to walk in and buy that much for $55... It would make my day. Wish I had friends down there that could pick up games for me! XD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was pretty sweet to be able to get so much for so little! News of the 90% off was spreading pretty fast though, the game section was slim picking by the time I left.

Those of you who can still get sealed copies of games are so lucky. My last local GC gutted all the new sealed copies of games when they closed and inventory transferred over to Hollywood next door. I was so sad when I walked in and found 10 copies of gutted Bioshock 2 lying out on the floor.

I was hoping to get one still sealed as nothing (for me) beats the joy of opening a sealed copy and getting a whiff of the brand new plastic-y smell of the game disc and manual inside (weird, I know).

Found a store that was still opened and got some good stuff.

Twilight princess for $20 new and sealed, ghostbusters 360 for $10 sealed, Infinite undiscovery for $10 sealed.

Also Way of the Samurai 1 and 2 for PS2 for $3 and $4. Guides for Mass Effect, Lost Oddsey, and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $4 each.

was tempted to get Sonic all star racing for $20 but I hate those ugly rental cases. Their used games will rot on the shelves with those cases. They had a lot left and none of it was moving.

The rental cases don't bother me, i'll just go to ebay and nab some replacement PS3, 360, or blu-ray cases, and you can even find the game artwork and manuals there for cheap.

I'm temporarily invading the Columbus, OH CAG territory tonight and tomorrow morning, so are there any worthwhile GCs left in Columbus or even HWVs?

The one in Bath, NY is officially sold out of video games for all systems. I am proud to say that I bought up the last 20 xbox 360 games for a total of $30.00, which i then flipped to gamestop for a trade total of 130.00

Tomorrow is the store's last day, but I am proud to say that I got a great bunch of last minute deals​

[quote name='brownda1']
The one in Bath, NY is officially sold out of video games for all systems. I am proud to say that I bought up the last 20 xbox 360 games for a total of $30.00, which i then flipped to gamestop for a trade total of 130.00​

Tomorrow is the store's last day, but I am proud to say that I got a great bunch of last minute deals​
[/QUOTE]

Good for you.:roll:

[quote name='estofan']Those of you who can still get sealed copies of games are so lucky. My last local GC gutted all the new sealed copies of games when they closed and inventory transferred over to Hollywood next door. I was so sad when I walked in and found 10 copies of gutted Bioshock 2 lying out on the floor.

I was hoping to get one still sealed as nothing (for me) beats the joy of opening a sealed copy and getting a whiff of the brand new plastic-y smell of the game disc and manual inside (weird, I know).[/QUOTE]
Trust me when I say this. You are not alone in your love of taking a whiff of the fumes that emanate from the case, manual and disc of a new game. I too enjoy that thoroughly, which is why I prefer to get sealed games when I buy games.
[quote name='SpikeCS']The rental cases don't bother me, i'll just go to ebay and nab some replacement PS3, 360, or blu-ray cases, and you can even find the game artwork and manuals there for cheap.[/QUOTE]
Or you could just look at the bottom shelves at the Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy stores by you and see that they may still be selling the cases/artwork/manuals for a decent price and buy them there instead of having to pay for shipping and wait.

Ok, I got...

Medal of Honor Airborne
Turok
Dark Sector
Incredible Hulk
Ghostbusters
Ghost Recon AW 2
Pure
Kane and Lynch
SW KOTOR 2

For $60. Not bad.

Looking for some help here. I stopped by my local HWV which seemed to have gotten a ton of games from nearby stores. I noticed 3-4 different looking price tags. And a few things I wanted to pick up with my credit. But the connected GC has recently closed and the clerk at HWV says I lost my credit. Is there really no way to get my $30?

bread's done
Back