All PS2, Xbox, and GC games at zipzoomfly.com - $9.99 + Free Shipping

[quote name='Halo05']Sweet. I'm fillin' up my cart. Has anyone used these guys before?[/quote]

I've ordered computer hardware from them on a few occasions. Not the fastest free shipping to the east cost, but never had any issues with them.

I've ordered PC parts from them in the past, they're legit. They used to be called Googlegear before Google made them change their name.

[quote name='Halo05']Sweet. I'm fillin' up my cart. Has anyone used these guys before?[/quote]
For PC parts yes, they where very good. Quick shipping and was very happy with em.
It's been a while since I got anything from them, but never had a problem and even used them back when they were called Googlegear.com

They're new games. I bought my laptop HD from them - they ship from Newark, CA so west coasters should get it pretty quick.

Haunting Grounds was more fun than not. Interacting with the dog was novel at the time, and I'll never forget Debilitas rubbing his crotch while chasing me..

Yes , i've used them before and I would NOT recommend to ever use this company. It took a few months and a call from a lawyer to get my money back from some DOA RAM I bought from them.
I will NEVER to back to them again!!

I bough RAM which arrived out of the plastic broken. They claim the "management" is always busy when I ask to speak to them. I was told to wait up to 2 weeks for an email regarding my account for a refund. 6 months later I Finally got tired of dealing with the zipzoomfly bs and called back to tell them to expect a lawyer call on my behalf. I magically got my money back after that.

I can tell you the whole story if anyone wants to hear it. I am not the only one who has had issues with them. They have been reported for bad business practices before.

You are taking a risk buying something from them. Think of it as buying something from CC before they shut down. What ever you buy could be damaged before even leaving the store and good luck getting your money back.

I have told everyone I know NOT to do business with them. If you do, I hope you have a lawyer's number handy if you plan on returning anything. It seems like it's the only way to get a full refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing disappeared from my cart. I wound up getting...

PS2 - Mercenaries

GC - Fight Night Rd. 2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Killer 7

I've been looking for a new copy of Mercenaries for awhile now.

EDIT - I wound up using Paypal to pay for the games. Hopefully that'll make fighting for a refund easier if I have to. Worst comes to worst, I'll be out $40.

[quote name='squishface']Yes , i've used them before and I would NOT recommend to ever use this company. It took a few months and a call from a lawyer to get my money back from some DOA RAM I bought from them.

I bough RAM which arrived out of the plastic broken. They claim the "management" is always busy when I ask to speak to them. I was told to wait up to 2 weeks for an email regarding my account for a refund. 6 months later I Finally got tired of dealing with the zipzoomfly bs and called back to tell them to expect a lawyer call on my behave. I magically got my money back after that.

I can tell you the whole story if anyone wants to hear it. I am not the only one who has had issues with them. They have been reported for bad business practices before.

You are taking a risk buying something from them. Think of it as buying something from CC before they shut down. What ever you buy could be damaged before even leaving the store and good luck getting your money back.

I have told everyone I know NOT to do business with them. If you do, I hope you have a lawyer's number handy if you plan on returning anything. It seems like it's the only way to get a full refund.[/quote]

You probably had bad luck. Sucks to hear, but overall they're pretty good.

Anything good is already gone... especially pissed about Haunting Ground, since I just bought it for $25. Oh well, that's gone too anyway.

I definitely would have gotten Haunting Ground. Heard good things. I'm sure whoever got it will put it up on ebay eventually though. :rolleyes:

[quote name='squishface']Yes , i've used them before and I would NOT recommend to ever use this company. It took a few months and a call from a lawyer to get my money back from some DOA RAM I bought from them.

I bough RAM which arrived out of the plastic broken. They claim the "management" is always busy when I ask to speak to them. I was told to wait up to 2 weeks for an email regarding my account for a refund. 6 months later I Finally got tired of dealing with the zipzoomfly bs and called back to tell them to expect a lawyer call on my behalf. I magically got my money back after that.

I have told everyone I know NOT to do business with them. If you do, I hope you have a lawyer's number handy if you plan on returning anything. It seems like it's the only way to get a full refund.[/quote]

A chargeback would have solved all of your problems faster.

I had a similar issue, and if you do some searching, you'll see their service SUCKS if you have anything defective in your order. They will try to charge you a 15% restocking fee on any sort of defect or return, for ANY reason, claiming they didn't know they were shipping bad items so it's not their fault. Sure, that's true but that's really stretching customer service. I ordered a 15K RPM SCSI HD back a few years ago that was DOA and they basically were going to charge me $40 to send me a non-defective one. Thankfully Maxtor was willing to replace it with a brand new one for free.

More recently they had a very spectacular price on an external hard drive enclosure I had my eyes on. I had sworn I'd never buy from them again after my last experience but decided to bite the bullet. Turns out the HD case didn't work particularly well and again, they wanted me to pay a restock fee even though the case kept dropping off my computer when I used a firewire connection. I ended up keeping the case as a spare since it had USB (Which isn't how I WANT to use it but it's come in handy occasionally).

Basically, like someone said, consider it an "all sales final" place and I guess you'll be ok. If you need customer service, you're in deep trouble. Pay with a credit card to make a chargeback easier if you need it.

Hopefully they'll have fewer problems dealing with putting sealed games into boxes and mailing them out. I'll keep the warnings in mind if I ever think about getting something more... complicated from them in the future.

Might be worth picking up a Front Mission 4 to keep sealed, can think of very few Square games that don't end up with some kind of value after a few years if you keep them sealed.

I have nothing but praise for ZipZoomFly. Ordered from them many times and they were always quick and charged reasonable (once way better than reasonable) prices. However none of my items ever had any problems, so I can't say anything about how their customer service deals with that. I don't think anyone has to worry about some games being defective for this deal.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Any opinions on Haunting Grounds? I remember previews from back a few years ago, but never got a chance to play it.[/QUOTE]

The game was fun for about 3 hours. There are puzzles you need to solve throughout the game but the problem is that you are constantly getting chased by one of the bad guys which forces you to run away and hide. When it is safe you go back and try to finish the puzzle and you get chased again a few minutes later. It just starting turning into to a huge pain in the ass so I stopped playing the game.

[quote name='Justin42']
Basically, like someone said, consider it an "all sales final" place and I guess you'll be ok. If you need customer service, you're in deep trouble. Pay with a credit card to make a chargeback easier if you need it.[/QUOTE]

basically ZZF requires you to go to the manufacture if you have a defect or broken item... wrong item might be hard to get replaced by the company.

But there is a chargeback. Can't beleive why the other person with the lawyer didn't do that... They would have either buckled or you would have to have called another number.

ZZF has always been good with me, fast shipping, correct products, and I bought plenty through the years.

Damn, Blood Will Tell was already sold out. I'm pretty sure that game is already rare so that would have been awesome for $9.99. :cry:

Also, it's too bad Sudeki is not BC; always wanted to try that game.

[quote name='zenintrude']tried to get MP2, but was sold out by the time i added it... lame.[/QUOTE]

Most of the worthwhile games were sold out within the hour of this being posted. I'm guessing some hoarders just added a ton of copies and checked out.

[quote name='Vinny']Most of the worthwhile games were sold out within the hour of this being posted. I'm guessing some hoarders just added a ton of copies and checked out.[/QUOTE]

Actually, most of them were sold out within 10 minutes of this being posted, including MP2. That's the power of CAG for you!

Don't be fooled by the "add to cart" buttons in the search results shown by the OP's links. You have to click on the item to see whether it is really in stock or not. You'd think an online retailer would have figured out this e-commerce thing by now.

[quote name='xycury']basically ZZF requires you to go to the manufacture if you have a defect or broken item... wrong item might be hard to get replaced by the company.

But there is a chargeback. Can't beleive why the other person with the lawyer didn't do that... They would have either buckled or you would have to have called another number.

ZZF has always been good with me, fast shipping, correct products, and I bought plenty through the years.[/quote]

I called the bank shortly after I got the order and was not able to do a chargeback. What I used was not considered a "credit card" so my choices were to call the company I bought it from or keep the doa product.

[quote name='squishface']I called the bank shortly after I got the order and was not able to do a chargeback. What I used was not considered a "credit card" so my choices were to call the company I bought it from or keep the doa product.[/QUOTE]

Probably a Debit/Credit card owned by the Bank.

Yeah those nearly don't have any protection online, has none of the abilities that one would want when shopping to protect you.

That sucks.

[quote name='JJSP']They're new games. I bought my laptop HD from them - they ship from Newark, CA so west coasters should get it pretty quick.[/quote]
Wow really? I used 2 live there. NWK!

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Just ordered RE4 and K7 Gamecube. Killer flips. Thanks OP![/quote]
That's so awesome for you. :whistle2:|

[quote name='squishface']...[/QUOTE]

Yikes, that sounds lousy. I've never used them before, but glad for the feedback on them as I thought they were okay. I hate how they and Newegg charge you for defective stuff-I mean in that case it's at least spelled out, but still. (I had to pay effectively $30 recently for a defective Blu Ray drive.)

[quote name='Halo05']

EDIT - I wound up using Paypal to pay for the games. Hopefully that'll make fighting for a refund easier if I have to. Worst comes to worst, I'll be out $40.[/QUOTE]

I think Paypal would make it much harder to get money back. They'll just screw you, whereas a credit card you've got some rights (although maybe they wouldn't come in to play for $40, but still).

[quote name='Ensoul']The game was fun for about 3 hours. There are puzzles you need to solve throughout the game but the problem is that you are constantly getting chased by one of the bad guys which forces you to run away and hide. When it is safe you go back and try to finish the puzzle and you get chased again a few minutes later. It just starting turning into to a huge pain in the ass so I stopped playing the game.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Started out fun/interesting, but...

At least Capcom tries new things though!

bread's done
Back