Amazon $10 promo credit w/ Crysis 2 preorder PS3

Hasn't posted it to the first page yet? There's exactly four minutes between your post there and your new topic here.

I enjoyed the mp demo but I was really pissed with how bad the servers were. Half the times I couldn't even join a match. Hopefully its fixed before release but Knowing EA I doubt it will be.

[quote name='Vap']I enjoyed the mp demo but I was really pissed with how bad the servers were. Half the times I couldn't even join a match. Hopefully its fixed before release but Knowing EA I doubt it will be.[/QUOTE]

I was not very impressed when I played the demo. I had to redl and install the demo. Clear system and it still took 3-4 trys to get into a match. I was a bit disappointed as well. Maybe I had to high of expectations but it just didn't seem all that great.

I just really wanted the Ultimate edition I have seen floating around the internet with the nanotech backpack

I'm really on the fence about this game. How many of you guys are getting this at launch (vs. just waiting for it to drop in price)?

FWIW I do have a backlog right now.

With so many other amazing games coming out this year, I'm not even sure if I'll get this game at all. The single player campaign seems to have lost the open-world, tactical-shooter appeal and feel of the first Crysis (and Far Cry) that the large island environments promoted. From all the gameplay vids I've seen, it's looking a lot more like Halo than Crysis/Far Cry... i.e., less of a thinking man's shooter and more of a run-and-gun, alien-slaying, and nanosuit-powers affair.

[quote name='sTaTIx']With so many other amazing games coming out this year, I'm not even sure if I'll get this game at all. The single player campaign seems to have lost the open-world, tactical-shooter appeal and feel of the first Crysis (and Far Cry) that the large island environments promoted. From all the gameplay vids I've seen, it's looking a lot more like Halo than Crysis/Far Cry... i.e., less of a thinking man's shooter and more of a run-and-gun, alien-slaying, and nanosuit-powers affair.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That was the best part of those games, the open world feeling. If it's not there then this game will defiantly not be a pick up for me. I am tired of these types of shooters where there is no tactics anymore.

I loved the demo...the lag was bad, and connection was shit...but they will fix it...the game itself was a blast....and the speed of the game almost destroys people who like to camp...stay on the move in this one...

Single player, if it is more like Halo I am fine with that, I felt the Crysis games were just B level games anyway....

@Sir_Fragalot: if you're looking for an immersive, open-world, tactical FPS, then I highly recommend you keep an eye out for the new Operation Flashpoint: Red River, that is set to release sometime this year. The previous Operation Flashpoint game wasn't the best entry in the series, but it was still relatively deep, tactical experience that's unique in this day and age of console arcade shooters. The upcoming Operation Flashpoint: Red River is looking like it's going to add a lot of cool features and polish off a lot of the game mechanics of the previous game.

A couple cool screens from the game:

AkuilaIliesa.jpg

redriver_postcard_2.jpg

I can tell these aren't bullshots, though. They're complete with in-game HUD, taken at 720p resolution, and there's noticeable aliasing (i.e., there's no extra ultra-high anti-aliasing or super-sampling that's usually attributed with bullshots). Believe me, I know when I'm looking at a bullshot, but I wouldn't doubt that these are direct-feed gameplay screens captured from gameplay as the devs claim. They go as far as to claim that the upper shot is from the 360 version, and the bottom shot is from the PS3 version.

I played the previous game (Dragon Rising), and these screens look not all too dissimilar, and are consistent with the level of quality that I witnessed in Dragon Rising, taking into consideration that the engine received some graphical upgrades over the past two years of development.

bread's done
Back