Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Remmykins']Hey, I have been considering getting a gaming headset for the past few days. I have been trying to decide between Turtle Beach x12 or the Tritton Detonator's. The $55.99 price for the Detonators is making me really consider them but there are more reviews for the x12's. Anyone have experience with both?[/QUOTE]

as far as i know x12's are just the xbox version of p11's which i own and for under 50 dollars there definitely worth that price its not virtual surround sound but for stereo headphones there great for the price

I shake my head at all the Move chargers when I'm simply looking for a deal on controller chargers. Don't those things ever go on sale?

[quote name='TheKbob']$10 for Shogun 2? Has it ever been that cheap on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. The cheapest I remember it mentioned on CAG was when newegg had the boxed version for like $15 I want to say a few months back.

I'm debating whether to get it at $10 or not. You know it will be on sale often in the future at Steam, its just a matter of when it will be $7.50 or below.

[quote name='simmias']RB3 midi adapters for $25, decent deal. And I really want that slime speaker stand for the DS, but I can't make myself pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

One part of me is like "Oh, that'd be cool." Another part of me's like "How about you just put that $16 toward something better?"

If you're looking for a PC/PS3 joystick, I'd recommend this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YCJAF93NGMF1TGH280V

It was this same price two days ago on Amazon, and I ordered it. From all the reviews I've read, it's supposed to be a really quality joystick, and $35 is a really reasonable price.

After buying it, I started to look for PS3 compatible games, and I found HAWX 2 for $14.50 with free shipping or in-store pickup at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tom+Cla...18202034434&skuId=9959808&st=hawx 2&lp=2&cp=1

Total is about $50 for joystick and HAWX 2, which seems like a good deal to me.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']dang I was hoping for the official playstation wireless headset but no such luck[/QUOTE]

I really want any good deal on this.

I know any ol' headset works...but I'm that "gotta have first-party stuff" guy. As it stands, I have no mic for my PS3. My friends and I have to private chat on the 360 side while we play PS3 games together. :lol:

[quote name='Rig']I really want any good deal on this.

I know any ol' headset works...but I'm that "gotta have first-party stuff" guy. As it stands, I have no mic for my PS3. My friends and I have to private chat on the 360 side while we play PS3 games together. :lol:[/QUOTE]

seriously. I have a friend who said he got this at release for $60. I wish I knew about it then. I have an old datel usb headset that just does chat. It was one of the first headsets for ps3. I've had to superglue it back together. I've looked at other headsets such as TB. Tritton, but it just seems there are as many negative reviews as there are positive. I just can't justify that much on something that many people say only lasts 3months.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='loomis1975']I don't think so. The cheapest I remember it mentioned on CAG was when newegg had the boxed version for like $15 I want to say a few months back.

I'm debating whether to get it at $10 or not. You know it will be on sale often in the future at Steam, its just a matter of when it will be $7.50 or below.[/QUOTE]

The Limited Edition was $15 on Newegg just a couple days ago. Honestly, if you're a fan of the series, or just of strategy games, I would say go for this. This game offers so many hours of content and play that $10 is a great deal and if it's $7.50 on Steam later, are you really going to kick yourself over $2.50?

Hell, I bought it on Newegg for $15 the other day and I don't regret that. I can't wait for it to get here.

Never played a Total War game before, but Shogun does look pretty neat. I still have too much other stuff to play before getting anything else though, and that looks like a major time sink.

Dont really have any high expectations during this 19 day sale, but it certainly would be nice if they could throw in a few actual good deals. Either repost some of the black friday/monday deals for people that missed, or have some new selections at good prices. I still have some buying fever, but Im not just going to buy anything 'just because' .. the backlog is easily 10+ games already for me.

I just got my Harmony remote in yesterday (probably the one item I was most excited about). I still got 8 games still in their original packaging that are gonna have to wait

[quote name='Rig']I really want any good deal on this.

I know any ol' headset works...but I'm that "gotta have first-party stuff" guy. As it stands, I have no mic for my PS3. My friends and I have to private chat on the 360 side while we play PS3 games together. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I believe Target has it on sale this week. I would buy an Amazon gift card for $50, get a $10 gift card, and then buy the headset + other stuff. You would be able to use the gift card and get another $10 gift card. When I bought an Amazon gift card yesterday, a coupon for $8 off $80 printed out. Tempted to pick up Skyrim + groceries and use the $8 and $10 gift card, since it has been hard to find a deal on Skyrim (without buying other games).

[quote name='77Pat']I believe Target has it on sale this week. I would buy an Amazon gift card for $50, get a $10 gift card, and then buy the headset + other stuff. You would be able to use the gift card and get another $10 gift card. When I bought an Amazon gift card yesterday, a coupon for $8 off $80 printed out. Tempted to pick up Skyrim + groceries and use the $8 and $10 gift card, since it has been hard to find a deal on Skyrim (without buying other games).[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I might look into this. Thanks!

Only problem is that the closest Target is 70 miles away (round-trip). I might be able to piece a few things together to make that a "needed" trip.

Im really hoping to see some headset lightning deals later today. Ive been looking for some for a while - ive pretty much decided on wired since i have a ton of wireless equipment and i dont want interference. I just dont know which brand to go with. Tb seems good, but sharkoon seems good bang for the buck, and the sharkoon mic detaches in case you just want to use them as headphones. But, if i were to catch a really good deal on the tb wireless models, i might have to bite....

[quote name='slowdive21']I picked up SWTFU2 ULT Sith ed PC for 5.99 Seemed like good deals.[/QUOTE]

Probably one of the sloppiest ports I've seen in a long while. Have fun with the wonky camera.

Anyone know around what time the lightning deals will start? I'm also hoping for a lightning deal on a DualShock 3 controller.

Can't believe they have the red and blue as deal of the day but they're the same normal price Amazon's been selling them for.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Anyone know around what time the lightning deals will start? I'm also hoping for a lightning deal on a DualShock 3 controller.

Can't believe they have the red and blue as deal of the day but they're the same normal price Amazon's been selling them for.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get that new blue one or the satin silver one on a Lightning Deal.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Im really hoping to see some headset lightning deals later today. Ive been looking for some for a while - ive pretty much decided on wired since i have a ton of wireless equipment and i dont want interference. I just dont know which brand to go with. Tb seems good, but sharkoon seems good bang for the buck, and the sharkoon mic detaches in case you just want to use them as headphones. But, if i were to catch a really good deal on the tb wireless models, i might have to bite....[/QUOTE]

There are at least two headsets from turtle beach set as a lightning deal to go live in an hour from now. Perhaps there will be more, I myself am hoping to snag the X41

I wonder if the $10 credit for the cod headsets from pre ordering mw3 will stack with the lightning deal? I don't know why it wouldn't...

The MW3 headsets seem to be cheap headsets selling at a premium price because they're branded after MW3.

[quote name='loomis1975']I don't think so. The cheapest I remember it mentioned on CAG was when newegg had the boxed version for like $15 I want to say a few months back.

I'm debating whether to get it at $10 or not. You know it will be on sale often in the future at Steam, its just a matter of when it will be $7.50 or below.[/QUOTE]
Depends on when ur planning to play it, if ur eager to play it now then $10 is a great price however if it's just going to be there for u to look at then probably not. Steam will probably have this on sale but i dont think it will be less than $10 but who knows and if that doesnt happen then amazon or newegg might have this on sale again. also you will need a pretty strong computer to enjoy the graphics for this game and it will probably eat up ur entire day if you play it

[quote name='77Pat']I believe Target has it on sale this week. I would buy an Amazon gift card for $50, get a $10 gift card, and then buy the headset + other stuff. You would be able to use the gift card and get another $10 gift card. When I bought an Amazon gift card yesterday, a coupon for $8 off $80 printed out. Tempted to pick up Skyrim + groceries and use the $8 and $10 gift card, since it has been hard to find a deal on Skyrim (without buying other games).[/QUOTE]

The only Black Friday deal I saw was for a local store (Fred Meyer) that did 20% off all games, plus my employee discount was another 10%, so it was Skyrim for $44.

Well, looks like the headset LDs i was hoping for are not happening. Oh well - probably will end up gng with the x12s or the sharkoon SXs. Both get pretty good reviews for that price range.

And on another note, newegg shipping sucks. I ordered from them last week - still not here. Amazon and best buy shipments came Monday and Tuesday.

I see that PX5 are coming up later. I just ordered a set a week ago and they are set to arrive by tomorrow. Early buyer remorse. :wall:

[quote name='gwolf07']I see that PX5 are coming up later. I just ordered a set a week ago and they are set to arrive by tomorrow. Early buyer remorse. :wall:[/QUOTE]
Hope you got an amazing deal, because dropping that much regardless should be a crime here.

If the PX5s go to 159, they are mine. Was hoping to see the Deltas or the XP500s on here, but I guess the night is still young. They've added others in the past :D

Shiz...I dont know whether to buy Shogun 2 now or wait til its like $7.50 on Steam with the DLC on sale. Fml. This is such a good deal but we just know its gonna be cheaper at some point.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I will buy the PX5 if I can claim it before it sells out. Are they the best Turtle Beach headset?[/QUOTE]

http://mature-gaming.com/topstory/turtle-beach-earforce-px5-reviewed/

http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/30/turtle-beach-ear-force-px5-review/&category=classic&postPage=1

Seems to be. Damn, I'll be at work when they go on, but I'll just happen to take my break when they do. =).

Sorry for mobile link. Posting from iPhone.

Just wondering if more Lightning Deals will be added? Also, the price tags on the DualShock 3 are ridiculous, they are still the same as before. I was really hoping for a sale on those.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']hmm i doubt the px5s will be under 200.
Its a nice headset but sooo overpriced....[/QUOTE]

My guess $179

bread's done
Back