Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
Human Revolution is only 12-13 hours (maybe 15 if you did all the side-quests). Speed runs for the game are less than 7 hours.

It's not that people speed through games, it's developers giving us shorter games and then adding DLC later on. RPGs should not be 12-15 hours...such as Fable 2 and Fable 3 as well, but I did not find as much because there was much better quality in those two games.

I dont consider Deus Ex an RPG. Its a stealth action game more like MGS.

15 hours is a good length for a game. Most games that are longer are more traditional RPGs. I dont need games that are artificially long. Also 15 hours is still a rush for this game, most people are taking 25 on their first playthrough without doing all the sidequests. You did yourself a disservice by redboxing this game and powering through it.

Speed runs for games like Super Metroid, Resident Evil, and OoT are like 3 hours. Nobody complained then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']I am wondering if anyone has an extra coupon for The Reckoning from buying Dungeon Siege 3 they were not going to use. Interested in getting that game. PM me if you do. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey, if you're talking about Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning, I got an email for a $9.00 discount, but it doesn't give me a code. This is what it says:

"[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning-Download/dp/B0064TYL0G/, pre-order the digital download, and the discount will be automatically applied"

If there's a way to get you a code I'm happy to since I'm not interested in the game, but I don't see any coupon for it that can be transferred.

General question: I've been getting these $5.00 credits for digital download purchases to be redeemed next month. Do thse stack or is it a one-and-done situation? Thanks.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='phillip969']Beat Deus Ex HR in two days? Man people really do rush through games these days. Ive had tons of fun just going through areas in different ways and already know what i want to do different in my second playthrough.

Also im laughing at people saying Amazon hurt their reputation. There is no such thing as reputation when it comes to CAG. Last year Best Buy had mediocre sales and people trashed them, this year they had great deals and are getting nothing but praise. Thats just how it goes. If Amazon has better deals next year you all will just flock back to them once again.[/QUOTE]

I am super slow at games, and its not because I suck at them (okay, maybe sometimes), but because I am the kind of person who has to look in every nook and corner to get that extra item/mission done/etc..., that and I love appreciating art design of some games. I haven't started the uncharted series yet (just bought a PS3), but when I do, I know I'll add about an hour of "sight seeing" time to my runtime just because at the slower bits I'll be saying "Ooh pretty!" For this reason I've never done a speed run, and probably never will, even on second run throughs.

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']I am super slow at games, and its not because I suck at them (okay, maybe sometimes), but because I am the kind of person who has to look in every nook and corner to get that extra item/mission done/etc..., that and I love appreciating art design of some games. I haven't started the uncharted series yet (just bought a PS3), but when I do, I know I'll add about an hour of "sight seeing" time to my runtime just because at the slower bits I'll be saying "Ooh pretty!" For this reason I've never done a speed run, and probably never will, even on second run throughs.[/QUOTE]

I play the same way. Bioshock and Fallout series I basically explored everything. I am doing the same thing in Rage right now (though there is a lot less to explore).

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']I am super slow at games, and its not because I suck at them (okay, maybe sometimes), but because I am the kind of person who has to look in every nook and corner to get that extra item/mission done/etc..., that and I love appreciating art design of some games. I haven't started the uncharted series yet (just bought a PS3), but when I do, I know I'll add about an hour of "sight seeing" time to my runtime just because at the slower bits I'll be saying "Ooh pretty!" For this reason I've never done a speed run, and probably never will, even on second run throughs.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly who I am, I can never just skip a mission or go to the next area without making sure I've scoured every inch of that area looking for hidden items or nooks and crannies before moving on. That's why I rarely 'redbox' a game, exception being MW3. I think I'll get plenty of time with Deus Ex HR, can't wait till Tuesday!

[quote name='nadohawk']Human Revolution is only 12-13 hours (maybe 15 if you did all the side-quests). Speed runs for the game are less than 7 hours.

It's not that people speed through games, it's developers giving us shorter games and then adding DLC later on. RPGs should not be 12-15 hours...such as Fable 2 and Fable 3 as well, but I did not find as much because there was much better quality in those two games.[/QUOTE]

By contrast, I played it for 43 hours, according to Steam. That's one playthrough, lots of exploration and all the sidequests, and a bit of reloading part of a level / replaying to try a different approach.

[quote name='phillip969']I dont consider Deus Ex an RPG. Its a stealth action game more like MGS.[/QUOTE]

And then there's this. DE:HR is a self-described Action-RPG. In other words, elements of RPG to compliment the action.

[quote name='Steadybear']Hey, if you're talking about Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning, I got an email for a $9.00 discount, but it doesn't give me a code. This is what it says:

"[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning-Download/dp/B0064TYL0G/, pre-order the digital download, and the discount will be automatically applied"

If there's a way to get you a code I'm happy to since I'm not interested in the game, but I don't see any coupon for it that can be transferred.

General question: I've been getting these $5.00 credits for digital download purchases to be redeemed next month. Do thse stack or is it a one-and-done situation? Thanks.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Answer to your general question, you can use each $5 credit once per order, and they don't stack. So if you have 10 $5 credits you can buy 10 games for $5 off starting January 1, not 1 game for $50 off.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Answer to your general question, you can use each $5 credit once per order, and they don't stack. So if you have 10 $5 credits you can buy 10 games for $5 off starting January 1, not 1 game for $50 off.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are all 3DS games out of stock for the rest of the sale?

[quote name='nadohawk']Don't worry about those griping against members saying that Amazon has had bad sales. They are basically fanboys for Amazon.

CAGs should instead be fanboys of the best deals and if a company does not give us the best deals or pretends to have a great sale when it is on/really near retail prices of other stores, then we move on to another store.

If Amazon wants our money (there have been good deals...bought Enslaved last night only costing me 3.74 out of pocket after 5 dollar GC), they have to work harder on their sales.
[/QUOTE]

Most of us are fanboys of the best deals. Which is why we don't get our panties in a bunch over a retailer not having the best deals. We just move on to the next retailer and buy from them. See how that works?

[quote name='phillip969']I dont consider Deus Ex an RPG. Its a stealth action game more like MGS.
.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I might have to sell my DE AE I got then. I'm so sick of the stealth thing.

Best Buy has far outshone Amazon in terms of deals this year. The only gripe I have about BB is that they are really bad at shipping out orders fast. At least with Amazon I know I'll get an item within 2 days. I still have stuff I ordered from BB on BF that is still processing.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Best Buy has far outshone Amazon in terms of deals this year. The only gripe I have about BB is that they are really bad at shipping out orders fast. At least with Amazon I know I'll get an item within 2 days. I still have stuff I ordered from BB on BF that is still processing.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't like wondering whether my order will be cancelled. Right now I'm just missing a shipping note on MW2 prestige. But since I spent about 1000 at BB, I can't complain.

[quote name='confoosious']Most of us are fanboys of the best deals. Which is why we don't get our panties in a bunch over a retailer not having the best deals. We just move on to the next retailer and buy from them. See how that works?

Oh really? I might have to sell my DE AE I got then. I'm so sick of the stealth thing.[/QUOTE]

You're way past merely fixating. Move on.

The bit.trip Complete lightning deal is just an incremental price drop from $25.44 to $24.99. You're going to have to do a little better than that, Amazon.

[quote name='cartman414']The bit.trip Complete lightning deal is just an incremental price drop from $25.44 to $24.99. You're going to have to do a little better than that, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

The price it was at was $20, it went up 6 and then down 1. Pretty pathetic.

[quote name='SW4J']The price it was at was $20, it went up 6 and then down 1. Pretty pathetic.[/QUOTE]

When was bit.trip complete ever $20 on Amazon? Lowest I've seen is $25. The 3DS version, bit.trip saga, has been $20 for a little while, but not the Wii version.

Either way, the $0.45 lightning deal "discount" is absurd. I feel like it must be a joke.

[quote name='cartman414']So this is how it ends: not with a bang, but a whimper.[/QUOTE]

Talk about anti-climactic. This is what I get for getting my hopes up :roll:

Hopefully they'll at least match BestBuys After christmas sales for MW3 and Revelations.

I wish Amazon would match Toys R Us's $40 price-tag on Skyrim...and also include PC version at that price.
C'mon, Amazon...
[taps foot impatiently]

bestbuy has definitely trashed amazon when it came to all kind of deals this holidays, i gotta say that never saw that coming, bestbuy... o_O, amazon you gotta get your shit together!

bread's done
Back