Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SW4J']I've had exactly zero of my sale items cancelled from Best Buy, most others haven't either. BB is selling dirt cheap, free shipping, while Amazon keeps bumping up prices to make their "sales" look good. Best Buy is definitely the place to be this year, there's just about nothing for anyone to complain about how they've done.

I'm not sure why you have this allegiance to Amazon, but they really don't deserve a bit of it, they've failed in every instance, and Best Buy has been awesome at every turn.

Also lol @ the lightening deal being $35 for Rayman...great job Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I used to WORK for them. They are a bunch of dirty, greedy fuck-you-over-in-a-heartbeat type of people. I try to avoid BB whenever possible as I have seen them lie to countless customers about EVERYTHING. So for anyone who has had a fraction of what I'm talking about happen to them, then you know that our "allegiance" is with a company who doesn't fuck customers over the way BB does (WITHOUT lube).

Today is Active Sports games for the 19 days of deals. And they don't even have the Deepak Chopra or Black Eyed Peas games for Kinect for sale. Oh, the humanity!

I know it's wishful thinking but I'd love to see KoF XIII for $19.99. I may consider biting for $24.99 but I don't know yet. And what number are we on? I don't see the calendar on the page. Nevermind , just saw it updated, tomorrow's the last day.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I doubt Amazon will be cancelling everyone's orders like Best Buy
But if you shop to not get items then yes, Best Buy is your store[/QUOTE]

Is that a joke? During Black Friday Amazon's lighting deals were ridiculous. I didn't get hardly anything and then I'd go to bestbuy.com and they'd have the same deal, but not a lightning deal and I had no trouble whatsoever getting in on it. And in the case of the Xbox I bought, their deal was better than amazon's by a long shot.

Amazon sucked today big time for me, I ordered the Star Wars Old Republic CE on July 26th 2011, I had forgotten that at the time I made the order with my old Visa card, last month I got a new one, they tried to charge it and it didn't go through, I got on with Chat to change it and correct it.

The order wouldn't let me add my new card and the rep said because I deleted the old cards info from my Amazon account I'd have to cancel the order even though they knew it was OoS.

I made a order for it on NewEgg, just hope I get it.

Blah.....I want to get KoF13 since its awesome and fun but....if its $20 I am not sure if I will get it. I got KoF11 for $5 a year ago at BJ's but should figure it out now since me backlog is exceeding 100 games soon :(

Amazon has been lame since CM, I mean really lame. Bestbuy has held up the slack, but I think that is because they were overstocked on older titles especially Collector's Editions that did not sell. Honestly, those editions should not be priced so high in the first place.

[quote name='nadohawk']Amazon has been lame since CM, I mean really lame. Bestbuy has held up the slack, but I think that is because they were overstocked on older titles especially Collector's Editions that did not sell. Honestly, those editions should not be priced so high in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. A lot of it was getting rid of older stock and a lot of it was special editions (collector's, bundle's, etc). Not only do a lot of those not sell at their initial prices, but when they sit there they wind up taking up a ton of space in both shelf and/or storage.

[quote name='Namerson']Rage is down from $22 to $19 on Amazon! (Xbox 360 version) I just bought one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The price seems to have cratered recently. This game seemed to be the darling of E3 last year, but the market seems to be indicating it didn't live up to expectations.

Tempted to order, but it feels like catching a falling knife.

[quote name='confoosious']Holy shit. I thought console fanboy wars were stupid. Retailer fanboy wars are even worse.[/QUOTE]

At least with this it's only during the later parts of the year. Console stuff is ongoing all year round.

Well i was guessing 19.99 on cursed crusade but it came up 14.99. i had a rogue 32 dollar gift card from the catherine trade a few weeks back. Bought solatorobo red the hunter and cursed crused for the GC plus two dollars of tax. Not bad considering i was thinking about buying solatorobo for 35 + tax.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. The price seems to have cratered recently. This game seemed to be the darling of E3 last year, but the market seems to be indicating it didn't live up to expectations.

Tempted to order, but it feels like catching a falling knife.[/QUOTE]

After playing the demo it feels like a better Fallout (Bethesda versions) to me. Fallout 3 basically felt like a shooter that didn't play well. Rage is meant solely to be a shooter first meaning those mechanics feel right and it handles well.

So, I think I'll play it down the line, it seems like a good game, nothing amazing and everyone that's played it seems to say it's just solid. That's the problem, it came out around a time when to many other big titles did and it had no hype after being shown to much to early and it was good, but not amazing.

I think it's not a bad price, I just think $20 right now for me when I have 3 brand new games from this fall plus a backlog is not worth it right now. But from everything I've heard and played it's a solid title.

I think it'll be one of those games that hangs around that $15-20 price range for awhile because it's a solid game people will slowly play, but just not something everyone went crazy over. A game that comes to mind that was in a similar situation is Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3 (more niche, but that game was also more amazing to its genre than Rage is) .

[quote name='strait edge follower']This game is a platformer that is cell shaded that just came out in November and has a main character that has pointy ears and he can't speak a lick of any language[/QUOTE]

Well played.:applause:

[quote name='Namerson']Rage is down from $22 to $19 on Amazon! (Xbox 360 version) I just bought one.[/QUOTE]

Oh snaps, MSRP drop to $30 right before Xmas? The game sales were obviously horrible. Hmmm, debating whether to buy now or wait till it hits $15. Ah what the hell I'll add it to my backlog now. ;)

Sucks to be anyone that paid more just days ago. I don't think anyone expected the MSRP to drop that fast

Hrm, I wonder if I shouldn't pick up that Fate thing...

Appears I'm the only one considering it. Good. Means I can wait for it to drop to the low price of all the other Xseed LEs if I want to see what all the kids these days call this Fate stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vice1611']Any guesses on what "The Finale" will be?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing repeats of earlier deals with the same prices or maybe slightly lower. Better to not get your hopes up with Amazon lately.

[quote name='suwillgetu']I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing repeats of earlier deals with the same prices or maybe slightly lower. Better to not get your hopes up with Amazon lately.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think its safe to say that it will be at most, matching other deals. Who knows tho, maybe they will try and redeem themselves and have some killer deals. I just wouldn't bet on it.

Really the 50% deal thats been live for a couple of days is the finale w/ two ld throughout the day. Hopefully during the day they add more LD

No More Heroes for $18 doesn't seem bad, if you couldn't get in on the Best Buy deal.

Might also consider the Epic Mickey CE...but I'm not sure. Thoughts on the CE + game? Worth it?

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Ace Combat for ps3 is down to 24.06... tempted to use my BF3 credit on this, I doubt it'll drop much lower for a new copy.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it drop lower? I don't recall AC6 or the PS2 titles maintaining some >$20 price floor.

[quote name='Namerson']how many freaking times are they going to put witcher 2 in the lighting deals[/QUOTE]

if it was a really good deal i would bite. loved the first one

Amazon has been absolutely pathetic from Black Friday to date. I typically purchase 80%+ of my games from them during the holiday season. This year, Best Buy took on that role. It leaves me up in the air about who I can count on for the best game prices going forward. Amazon has really hurt their own reputation for having the best deals on games at this time of the year.

If you have a (3)DS and don't own it yet, I'd recommend Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.
It's on sale for $14.38 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TDIEDG/ref=s9_hps_bw_g63_ir04?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-10&pf_rd_r=17BBDBMH6P34Y4V4PS57&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1339736522&pf_rd_i=409566

It made the Games Radar Most Underrated list of 2011 http://www.gamesradar.com/top-7-overlooked-games-2011/

"Shu Takumi, the creative genius behind the Ace Attorney series, has created some of the most memorable stories and characters in all of gaming. So when he announced that he was working on Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, a brand-new adventure game for DS, we already knew that it would be something special. And when we finally got to play it for ourselves and experienced its truly mind-bending and heartwarming tale (featuring the greatest game dog of all time, hands down), we hoped with all our niche gamer hearts that Ghost Trick would catch on just as Phoenix Wright had before.

Alas, it wasn't to be. Not only did Ghost Trick sell poorly, but Capcom even went so far as to specifically call it out as a contributing factor in their recent fiscal downturn. Seriously, people, this is why we can't have nice things. All of you who ignored Ghost Trick are missing out on one of the DS’s most charming experiences, on par with the magic of Disney or Pixar, with what's possibly the best ending of the year. For the small number of us who actually played it, the saddest part is that we'll probably never see a sequel. Thanks for that, everyone else."

If anyone ordered Goldeneye 007 for the Wii from Best Buy and had it become backordered, amazon has it for only a few cents more. I canceled my Best Buy order since it got backordered. Amazon was 37 cents more for me(tax included) but at least I know I'll actually be getting the game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I can't say enough nice things about Ghost Trick. It's fantastic[/QUOTE]

One of the best DS games I've ever played. Deserves every amount of praise.

bread's done
Back