Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping that's a good deal on Dark Souls in a few hours...

"Enter a dark world filled with despair and threaded by hope where your ability to creatively strategize, learn and overcome unpred..."

If you have a Playstation 3 and don't mind waiting up to two weeks or more, I highly recommend you purchase Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood from zavvi.com as their versions come with DLC on the disc (Brotherhood doesn't have the Da Vinci disapperance though).

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/elysium.search?search=assassin%27s+creed&searchFilters=UFMzI2RlcGFydG1lbnQ6Z2FtZXMvcGxhdGZvcm1zL3BzMyE%3D

They're both £9.95 (~$15.54)
Shipping is £0.99(~$1.55)
So you're looking at ~$17.09 shipped for each title.

Pounds Sterling to United States Dollars Converter http://coinmill.com/GBP_USD.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ras752000']So . . . Disgaea? I love Jeanne d'arc but never played any of these. Worth it for 39?[/QUOTE]

On the Disgaea games...if you are on the fence about shelling out 39 for one, since you have never played them before, go the safe route and drop the 20 (or whatever it is now) on Disgaea 3.

I'm a big fan of the series going back to the very first one. Extremely easy to blow 100+ hours on any of them. They all play pretty much the same. Some game play. mostly the same graphics. 4 has some extra things but, for somebody like you, I would suggest getting 3 instead. Lower risk with pretty much the exact same pay off.

[quote name='Bosamba']If you have a Playstation 3 and don't mind waiting up to two weeks or more, I highly recommend you purchase Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood from zavvi.com as their versions come with DLC on the disc (Brotherhood doesn't have the Da Vinci disapperance though).

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/elysium.search?search=assassin%27s+creed&searchFilters=UFMzI2RlcGFydG1lbnQ6Z2FtZXMvcGxhdGZvcm1zL3BzMyE%3D

They're both £9.95 (~$!5.54)
Shipping is £0.99(~$1.55)
So you're looking at ~$17.09 shipped for each title.

Pounds Sterling to United States Dollars Converter http://coinmill.com/GBP_USD.html[/QUOTE]

I know that the PS3 is region free, but is there anything I need to look out for in terms of playing a PAL version of a game on my U.S. PS3? I was just about to ask whether AC: Brotherhood was a good buy for $20, but if I can get it for under $10, that's even better.

Edit: Nevermind. I read your post wrong.

I'm definitely going to pay attention to what price Amazon sells Disneyland Kinect Adventures for. 999 is very interesting as well. I'll make a decision by the end of the day on whether or not to buy AC: Brotherhood.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']ahhh i did not like AC1 much cause i do not know seemed boring. The 2nd one played at a friends and seemed to rock. So i had to buy AC2 from BF sale and now this one that is on sale today.

Question is it a must to finish 1 and 2 before i do brotherhood?[/QUOTE]

The stories continued in each game so I'd recommend playing them in order. Though I've only gotten up to 2 so far.

I picked up Disney Kinect Adventures at Best Buy a few days ago for $20, so I would think that Amazon's Lightning Deal for that game should at least be around $20 or lower.

[quote name='RCS0926']I'm definitely going to pay attention to what price Amazon sells Disneyland Kinect Adventures for. 999 is very interesting as well. I'll make a decision by the end of the day on whether or not to buy AC: Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]

Ear Force Delta for $219.99.

The XP500 for less (or even a repeat of the PX5 for those who missed it) would have been nice. Oh wells.

AMAZON, you suck! Ear Force Delta, really? Oh well, I bit. Now I'll just flip this to pay for my PX5's. Just a little more effort on my part.

Not to threadcrap too much, but look at these "deals" Amazon is throwing out there vs the crazy goodness of the steals that Best Buy has been delivering for nearly a week straight. Looks like someone is finally able to one-up the usual mighty Amazon....just didn't expect to be the usual over-priced Best Buy.

Good for us at least!

Just for reference, this Delta headset is almost exactly the same as the PX5s. There are obvious cosmetic and AI voice differences. However this set does come with the $40 Bluetooth adapter for the 360 controller in addition.

[quote name='Vader582']Just for reference, this Delta headset is almost exactly the same as the PX5s. There are obvious cosmetic and AI voice differences. However this set does come with the $40 Bluetooth adapter for the 360 controller in addition.[/QUOTE]

Another way of saying it is that it's the same as the XP500, with MW3 fanboy treatment - and the XP500 is almost the same as the PX5, plus the Bluetooth adapter. I see that adapter at $30 on the TB website - does $40 include shipping?

[quote name='gantt']Another way of saying it is that it's the same as the XP500, with MW3 fanboy treatment - and the XP500 is almost the same as the PX5, plus the Bluetooth adapter. I see that adapter at $30 on the TB website - does $40 include shipping?[/QUOTE]

No I could very well be off on the adapter price. I was going from memory of old research. At $220 why would you buy the other sets? PX5 are $212 with no adapter and XP500s are $250. These at $220 seem like the better deal at the moment.

sad thing about 999 is it's honestly been $15 all week, gets bumped up to $25 for the gold box so it can get discounted and gold boxed for more than it's been going for on sale all week.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']ahhh i did not like AC1 much cause i do not know seemed boring. The 2nd one played at a friends and seemed to rock. So i had to buy AC2 from BF sale and now this one that is on sale today.

Question is it a must to finish 1 and 2 before i do brotherhood?[/QUOTE]

They sum up the stories pretty well at the start of brotherhood. You should play 2, though, that's a great game.

I also thought AC1 was boring. You just do the same mission 10 times in a row, except in different towns.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Any idea if they're doing a repeat of the PX5's for $150? Don't really want a CoD headset, but for the same price of the PX5 right now, might as well.[/QUOTE]
I'm still hopeful, as they repeated the Earforce bravo set, but it was 10 bucks more. I really thought it would be the PX5's today because of the "secret weapon" stated in the clue. I think someone at amazon is smoking the herb during the holidays. LOL

Actually, the delta's are a good buy at 220, I just don't care for Call of Duty to be plastered over my headset, as I'm not a fan. So over the XP500, you are mainly just getting a bunch of COD content. This is cool if your a fan, so there is for sure a market. I just could care less. PX5 for me all the way!

[quote name='Vader582']No I could very well be off on the adapter price. I was going from memory of old research. At $220 why would you buy the other sets? PX5 are $212 with no adapter and XP500s are $250. These at $220 seem like the better deal at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, at the moment - if you have to have something now - although once I'm paying over $200 I would start looking at Astro. Having held the Delta's cheap plastic package at Best Buy, I would feel very badly paying over $200 for it. But while I don't dislike MW, I'm not into it enough to appreciate having its logos slapped all over the headset and transmitter.

The PX5 was recently $150 and the X41 was $100. If one can wait, those kind of deals will come around again.

Finally got my $10 credit (off a $50 purchase) from the Mastercard deal that was offered a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that Disneyland Adventures comes in at under $30. If it does, I'll combine it with AC: Brotherhood and whatever else will get me to $50.

[quote name='RCS0926']Finally got my $10 credit (off a $50 purchase) from the Mastercard deal that was offered a few weeks ago. ....[/QUOTE]

I just got mine today and I am disappointed that it expires in mid-January. I've already bought everything I wanted, including AC:R. I was hoping to use the $10 for ME3 or Ghost Recon. Time to think of something innovative...

I had about $37 in Amazon credit. I picked up Disneyland Adventures, AC: Brotherhood and threw in Red Faction: Guerilla to get my total above $50, which allowed me to use my $10 credit (on $50 purchase). I spent just over $9 out of pocket for all 3 games. Now, I'll have to see whether or not I want to get 999.

Anyone think Dark souls at 6:00 is going to hit $20? It's $40 now, I'm going to guess probably $30, but if it hits $30 that'd be awesome! Question is which system is it going to be? Not sure if I would prefer it on a certain system or not...

Meh, I could care less if it's for the 360 or the PS3 considering they fare about the same performance and graphics-wise. I got it for about $24 with free shipping after using some leftover credit. Sweet deal!

[quote name='Ralphy2009']Bah, I was planning on getting AC: Brotherhood for the 360 for $20 later today, but it's gone now.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on getting it for the PS3, but it wasn't available, so I settled for the 360 version.

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']They had AC: Brotherhood for $20? Damn it, final exams really screwed my this year. Actually, I don't see Brotherhood any where, did they take the page down?[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad? Try being professional school...I don't get to game anymore ;(. I have like 60+ games in my backlog. The sad part is I keep buying games :(. Oh well. That's what summer is for lol...Brotherhood is a good game...I have Revelations but still sealed.

Hopefully tomorrows stuff won't be too bad.

Best Buys deals are so good because they have been losing out to Amazon.

As a result, they have cut their prices. Sales are up, but profits are down.

There stock fell 19% today.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2011/12/13/best-buy-co-inc-q3-earnings.html

Missed out on Brotherhood as well. I had it in my cart, but they were charging shipping (5.00). I couldn't pull the trigger. What made it even harder was seeing it for the PS3 for 9.99 a while back. I only have a 360.

Oh well. It'll drop to soon enough. I have plenty to play until then.

Pirates of the Caribbean 9pm est

come on 9.99

100% bite.

14.99 i have to think about it

17.99 you call that a lighting deal you stupid SOB amazon LOL

Kid's Play Day is...you guessed it another shovelware day.

On another note: Day 17 - The Finale - What is that supposed to mean? It IS a 19 day promotion after all.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, Day 17 confused me as well. What the fuck?[/QUOTE]
It says December 17 not Day 17. Day 1 was Nov 29 if i remember correctly, which would make Day 19 December 17.

The Finale sounds very intriguing.

[quote name='gantt']For those of you who missed the Lightning Deal on the Turtle Beach MW3 Delta headset yesterday at $219.99:

You were probably bummed to have missed saving $80 off the $299.95 price Amazon claimed was their regular price.

It's now $225, so it will cost you a whole $5 more than the Lightning Deal. And you still get a green lightning bolt on your headset. Awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Call-Duty-Playstation-3/dp/B005EEMYCO/[/QUOTE]
That is probably a awesome deal for those that got the lightning deal as they can maybe get a price adjustment with the lightning discount.

bread's done
Back