Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OhioBobcat3']Amazon has been absolutely pathetic from Black Friday to date. I typically purchase 80%+ of my games from them during the holiday season. This year, Best Buy took on that role. It leaves me up in the air about who I can count on for the best game prices going forward. Amazon has really hurt their own reputation for having the best deals on games at this time of the year.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and the few games that I did buy from Amazon went on sale a few days after the lightning deal by as much as $5-$10.

[quote name='no_exit']19 days of fail - very disappointed by Amazon this year.[/QUOTE]

This. Hopefully they will go back to having deals after the holiday rush, in the meantime I won't be transferring any of my credit to them. Amazon has been crappy ever since bf. Fail, glad the sale is almost over.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Agreed, and the few games that I did buy from Amazon went on sale a few days after the lightning deal by as much as $5-$10.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. One of the two games that I bought from them during Black Friday / Cyber Monday was Resistance 3. Snagged it on a Lightning Deal for $27.99, only to see it become part of another Lightning Deal 3-4 days later for $19.99.

Luckily things ended up working out, as I bought the PS3 Move Mayhem Bundle from Best Buy about a week afterwards, and flipped the Amazon copy of R3 on Ebay for pretty much what I paid for it.

The only other game that I snagged from them was Enslaved: OttW for $10.28, and that dropped to $8.74 the following day...

[quote name='Namerson']I just bit on Rage (360) for 19.11 and Deus Ex Augmented Edition for $29.78 I'm still debating if I should keep the Deus Ex order.[/QUOTE]

The story for Deus Ex is by far the worst of the series and is one of the worst I RPGs I have ever played. Very generic game.

[quote name='Namerson']I just bit on Rage (360) for 19.11 and Deus Ex Augmented Edition for $29.78 I'm still debating if I should keep the Deus Ex order.[/QUOTE]

I picked up rage as a lightning deal for $24.99, which was a few days ago. My package was still in transit when they lowered the price to $19.11. If only Amazon didnt make you send back the bloody product to get a price adjustment.. I mean if I havent recieved the product yet I think they can safely assume I havent opened it yet, which in turn would save them the needless expense of return shipping and new product shipping.

As far as Rage is concerned, I was hoping their coop would be more like crackdown 2 open gameplay type of coop.

[quote name='OhioBobcat3']Amazon has been absolutely pathetic from Black Friday to date. I typically purchase 80%+ of my games from them during the holiday season. This year, Best Buy took on that role. It leaves me up in the air about who I can count on for the best game prices going forward. Amazon has really hurt their own reputation for having the best deals on games at this time of the year.[/QUOTE]

I usually purchase 99% of my games from them all year long. I usually didn't care if they were a few dollars more expensive simply because Amazon saves me money on so many different products that I usually just gave them my business period. Only with killer unbeatable deals did I usually go elsewhere. This year was really the first year I started going elsewhere for deals and I did so simply because Amazon appeared literally not to care this year in regards to video games. They seemed utterly content to just sit back, price match a few of the best deals, and charge 5-10 bucks more on everything else. That's just not ok in my book. Again they dont always have to have the best price but they have to at least attempt to be competitive and this year they weren't, at least in regards to video games. I honestly cant think of one game that I got from amazon that wasn't offered up cheaper someplace else. I returned many of them.

I wrote them multiple emails regarding how disappointing their VG sales were this year and I suggest others do the same. I let them know that I will take my VG business elsewhere if they are not going to be competitive. I was told that my emails were forwarded on to the people that handle the VG pricing/deals during the holiday season so it should be interesting to see if I get a response and what that response will be. Regardless I suggest others write emails as well.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I usually purchase 99% of my games from them all year long. I usually didn't care if they were a few dollars more expensive simply because Amazon saves me money on so many different products that I usually just gave them my business period. Only with killer unbeatable deals did I usually go elsewhere. This year was really the first year I started going elsewhere for deals and I did so simply because Amazon appeared literally not to care this year in regards to video games. They seemed utterly content to just sit back, price match a few of the best deals, and charge 5-10 bucks more on everything else. That's just not ok in my book. Again they dont always have to have the best price but they have to at least attempt to be competitive and this year they weren't, at least in regards to video games. I honestly cant think of one game that I got from amazon that wasn't offered up cheaper someplace else. I returned many of them.

I wrote them multiple emails regarding how disappointing their VG sales were this year and I suggest others do the same. I let them know that I will take my VG business elsewhere if they are not going to be competitive. I was told that my emails were forwarded on to the people that handle the VG pricing/deals during the holiday season so it should be interesting to see if I get a response and what that response will be. Regardless I suggest others write emails as well.[/QUOTE]

Well, Amazon is the "most customer friendly" company in the world so writing letters may just work!

I'm writing one, everyone who cares about cheap video games should as well. :)

[quote name='The Nephilim']Man, Haters gonna hate. Thanks Amazon for doing something different especially the DD deals and pricematching.[/QUOTE]

Haters? We want good deals. Not regular prices.

[quote name='nadohawk']The story for Deus Ex is by far the worst of the series and is one of the worst I RPGs I have ever played. Very generic game.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I didn't expect it to be spectacular. The first Deus Ex is a lot to live up to it's one of the greatest games ever made. I highly doubt it'll be worse than Invisible War, god I hated that game.

[quote name='nadohawk']Haters? We want good deals. Not regular prices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but when you don't get them, is it necessary to cry and bitch as much as people do? People act like amazon owes them something.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah but when you don't get them, is it necessary to cry and bitch as much as people do? People act like amazon owes them something.[/QUOTE]

Well we are on CAG. There are people even bitching about the 10 free GBA games for the 3DS.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah but when you don't get them, is it necessary to cry and bitch as much as people do? People act like amazon owes them something.[/QUOTE]

Like you are doing?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Because...[/QUOTE]

It tried to copy the original too much. I mean the gameplay was great for the first game ten years ago, but it felt dated. It did not bring really anything new gameplay wise. You would think that trying to copy the original would be great, but it is not and you feel you are playing a previous gen game with updated graphics.

The story by far is the worst part (the ending was complete trash and showed no quality)...there is no excuse for how poorly they handled the ending to the game.

In essence, this game is very much cookie-cutter. It could have been so much better and longer had there been more thought put into designing the game. I finished the game in one day and felt cheated. I had high hopes and they let me down.

I think the issue is the original team and studio responsible for the other games did not work on the new project.

This finale would be like the fireworks wrapping up with a lone sparkler..... Come on Gamefly sale in a few days!

[quote name='nadohawk']It tried to copy the original too much. I mean the gameplay was great for the first game ten years ago, but it felt dated. It did not bring really anything new gameplay wise. You would think that trying to copy the original would be great, but it is not and you feel you are playing a previous gen game with updated graphics.

The story by far is the worst part (the ending was complete trash and showed no quality)...there is no excuse for how poorly they handled the ending to the game.

In essence, this game is very much cookie-cutter. It could have been so much better and longer had there been more thought put into designing the game. I finished the game in one day and felt cheated. I had high hopes and they let me down.

I think the issue is the original team and studio responsible for the other games did not work on the new project.[/QUOTE]

You finished it in one day? Was it a speed run? No side missions? Jeez if you disliked the gameplay that much I'm surprised you actually played it so much as to finish it in one day.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I usually purchase 99% of my games from them all year long. I usually didn't care if they were a few dollars more expensive simply because Amazon saves me money on so many different products that I usually just gave them my business period. Only with killer unbeatable deals did I usually go elsewhere. This year was really the first year I started going elsewhere for deals and I did so simply because Amazon appeared literally not to care this year in regards to video games. They seemed utterly content to just sit back, price match a few of the best deals, and charge 5-10 bucks more on everything else. That's just not ok in my book. Again they dont always have to have the best price but they have to at least attempt to be competitive and this year they weren't, at least in regards to video games. I honestly cant think of one game that I got from amazon that wasn't offered up cheaper someplace else. I returned many of them.

I wrote them multiple emails regarding how disappointing their VG sales were this year and I suggest others do the same. I let them know that I will take my VG business elsewhere if they are not going to be competitive. I was told that my emails were forwarded on to the people that handle the VG pricing/deals during the holiday season so it should be interesting to see if I get a response and what that response will be. Regardless I suggest others write emails as well.[/QUOTE]

I like the cut of your jib Nixon, always have.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Bah. DX:HR is my personal game of the year and it was at least as good as DX1 if not better.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to put my vote in. DX:HR is also my GotY (in addition to Skyrim probably, which I'm still in the midst of playing). I haven't played any prior DX games so I can't do comparisons. The atmosphere, the gameplay, the music -- everything just tied together. Amazing experience.

[quote name='argyle']Warhammer 40k for $28.43 (PS3) is the most tempting thing for me, especially since I have $27 in Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Rage is 19.11 if you haven't purchased it yet. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Amazon doesn't owe me anything and likewise I dont owe Amazon anything either. I didnt send some freak out email. I simply let them know if they werent going to be competitive, that I was taking my videogame business elsewhere. Besides, its one thing to expect deals from a company that has never given them, its something completely different to expect deals from a company that has given great deals since its inception. You cant give great deals year after year and then suddenly stop and not expect customers to be a bit upset about that fact. Of course, some companies actually pay to have feedback like this. Just look at all the pop ups we now see after shopping that ask to fill out a short survey on your shopping experience. Info like this is crucial to stores and I am betting more stores wished people actually took the time to email customer service about their overall holiday shopping experience. I have done just that. Overall Amazon was still great in many areas but video games.....well, they got their a*s handed to them this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
All confoosious ever says is "Amazon doesn't owe you anything!" . No one's ever said they did, we're consumers and we're people, we're permitted to have expectations and be disappointed when they aren't met whether you like it or not. Doesn't mean we're entitled, we just have our own opinions of what good deals are.

[quote name='The Nephilim']Man, Haters gonna hate. Thanks Amazon for doing something different especially the DD deals and pricematching.[/QUOTE]

I will admit there were more non-price match deals last year. But if you take out the sales tax and Black Friday crowds, then Amazon won by default as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Cage017']I will admit there were more non-price match deals last year. But if you take out the sales tax and Black Friday crowds, then Amazon won by default as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

Well were all entitled to our opinions but to suggest that Amazon won this year is a bit comical, at least in regards to video games. Best Buy slaughtered everyone, including Amazon. Even with the tax issue, Best Buy's prices were, on average, significantly cheaper than Amazons. As for Black Friday crowds, I never stepped foot in a Best Buy store and was able to get most of their VG deals online. So I dont see how Black Friday crowds are a win for Amazon. You could shop online at Best Buy, just as you could with Amazon.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Got Deus Ex HR in my backlog and II'm excited to play it as I've never played a Deus Ex game before.[/QUOTE]

Please don't judge the series based on this game.

[quote name='Namerson']You finished it in one day? Was it a speed run? No side missions? Jeez if you disliked the gameplay that much I'm surprised you actually played it so much as to finish it in one day.[/QUOTE]

12 hours non-stop (I had expected the game to be 24 hours long or so if not more so I played non-stop since it was a Redbox rental I had for two days). I did not finish all the side missions, but the quality of said side missions was lacking so I did not fret about missing them in the later game.

I'm annoyed. I want the Augmented Edition but the PS3 version is still $60. Double the Xbox price and more than any other version. I'll just play the waiting game on that until the PS3 version drops.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']^ lol I won't, if I like I'll keep in my to expect something from the earlier ones.[/QUOTE]

Well the newest Deus Ex before Human Revolution was Invisible War which was released in 2003 and Human Revolution was made by a different developer.

[quote name='Namerson']Well the only Deus Ex before Human Revolution was Invisible War which was released in 2003 and Human Revolution was made by a different developer.[/QUOTE]

What about Deus Ex released in 2000?

[quote name='nadohawk']What about Deus Ex released in 2000?[/QUOTE]

Well he said he never played a Deus Ex game before and also stated he'll be comparing it to the older Deus Ex's. So I just mentioned that the latest Deus Ex before HR was Invisible War.

Rage for $19 is not a deal? No more heroes ps3 for $17 is not a deal? Both are in stock right now unlike any of the best buy deals. What were peoplE expecting?

[quote name='Namerson']Rage is 19.11 if you haven't purchased it yet. I'm really looking forward to playing it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I played it & loved it. I bit on Warhammer because I really enjoyed the demo & have heard nothing but good things about the full game.

Bottom line: Amazon has not delivered on the quality or quantity of gaming deals that we have all grown accustomed to seeing from them at this time of year. It is abundantly clear that they have come up short compared to Best Buy over the past three weeks, and when they did "step up" it was typically with inconsistent lightning deals that had extremely limited quantities and access issues. Not to mention the fact that several of said lightning deals were undercut in the days / hours that followed with lower prices. This is not the way that Amazon has conducted themselves in the past at this time of year. Of that much I am certain.

I am not "hating" on Amazon. I am merely recognizing what has actually transpired in comparison to the past. Unfortunately, as said earlier, I am not sure who I can count on next holiday season to provide the best prices out there. It would be a real kick in the pants if nobody stepped up like Best Buy did this year.

I am wondering if anyone has an extra coupon for The Reckoning from buying Dungeon Siege 3 they were not going to use. Interested in getting that game. PM me if you do. Thanks!

[quote name='OhioBobcat3']Bottom line: Amazon has not delivered on the quality or quantity of gaming deals that we have all grown accustomed to seeing from them at this time of year. It is abundantly clear that they have come up short compared to Best Buy over the past three weeks, and when they did "step up" it was typically with inconsistent lightning deals that had extremely limited quantities and access issues. Not to mention the fact that several of said lightning deals were undercut in the days / hours that followed with lower prices. This is not the way that Amazon has conducted themselves in the past at this time of year. Of that much I am certain.

I am not "hating" on Amazon. I am merely recognizing what has actually transpired in comparison to the past. Unfortunately, as said earlier, I am not sure who I can count on next holiday season to provide the best prices out there. It would be a real kick in the pants if nobody stepped up like Best Buy did this year.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about those griping against members saying that Amazon has had bad sales. They are basically fanboys for Amazon.

CAGs should instead be fanboys of the best deals and if a company does not give us the best deals or pretends to have a great sale when it is on/really near retail prices of other stores, then we move on to another store.

If Amazon wants our money (there have been good deals...bought Enslaved last night only costing me 3.74 out of pocket after 5 dollar GC), they have to work harder on their sales.

It's not just now, but all year long that their sales have been too high (lightning deals from them have only been a few dollars off). More of us notice it now because the competition is showing their A (Bestbuy A+ not counting canceled orders and limited supplies) game.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']I am wondering if anyone has an extra coupon for The Reckoning from buying Dungeon Siege 3 they were not going to use. Interested in getting that game. PM me if you do. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The problem is it isn't really a coupon, they just add the credit to your account.

Beat Deus Ex HR in two days? Man people really do rush through games these days. Ive had tons of fun just going through areas in different ways and already know what i want to do different in my second playthrough.

Also im laughing at people saying Amazon hurt their reputation. There is no such thing as reputation when it comes to CAG. Last year Best Buy had mediocre sales and people trashed them, this year they had great deals and are getting nothing but praise. Thats just how it goes. If Amazon has better deals next year you all will just flock back to them once again.

bread's done
Back