Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
$25 is right on the tempting line, but resisted hoping it'll go below 20 by February maybe by the time I can play it! --- Good deal though for people who are interested!

I thought Rage was highly disappointing. The game is incredibly short, and has a lot of open area and they fill it with a lot of nothing. Also, the game has the worst ending ever. Pretty graphics and visuals with not a whole lot of substance.

[quote name='mrwogs2']LAAAAAME. I like how they jumped the price up to $59.99 and claim it's now 57% off. Haha. Waiting for sub-$20.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same thing.

They seem to do this for every lightning deal item to make it seem like you're getting a deeper discount.

How is this different than walking in a retail store where they've announced their going to have a 'deal' in an hour...crowd merges around product and sees current price...hour later sales start and associate announces this 'deal' is XX% off a much higher price the crowd just saw much lower a moment ago...crowd walks away.

The game is fun enough, and if you're going to play it now, $25 is a good price. I just hope none of you who bought it got it on the PS3...a mistake I made and will not make again, lol.

Edit: And as I say this, I check my Amazon points balance that shows $22 in there mocking me...lol, must resist.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The game is fun enough, and if you're going to play it now, $25 is a good price. I just hope none of you who bought it got it on the PS3...a mistake I made and will not make again, lol.[/QUOTE]

I've played it on PS3 and didn't see what all the hub-bub was about.

Game looked great...looking for sub $15 to pick it up again...on PS3

[quote name='Muthafodder']How is this different than walking in a retail store where they've announced their going to have a 'deal' in an hour...crowd merges around product and sees current price...hour later sales start and associate announces this 'deal' is XX% off a much higher price the crowd just saw much lower a moment ago...crowd goes rabid; punches and claws its way to the "deal"[/QUOTE]

fix'd

Crowds are dumb.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I've played it on PS3 and didn't see what all the hub-bub was about.

Game looked great...looking for sub $15 to pick it up again...on PS3[/QUOTE]

The constant texture pop-in was a gamebreaking issue for me. You look at a wall, wait 1 second for the textures to render...look away...wait for the textures to render...look back at the SAME wall...wait AGAIN for the textures to render.

That happens every single time you stop your characters movement and look at something...anything.

I couldn't handle that. But if it didn't bother you, you're lucky..since having it on the PS3 with 1 disc is obviously preferable to XBOX 360's 3 discs.

easy plat. I already have 100% so i will wait til sub $15.
the game is crazy easy towards the end, it's like godmode.
i was onehit killing everything even on hard with my wingblades, dynamite/mindcontrol bolts, shotgun popcaps and empcaps even bigmamas out of my pistol were blowing shit up. an enemy would poke its head and my advanced spiderbots would shoot them down before i could even fire/fling anything at them. fun to be a god ;)
oh and the ending level and ending ending are just horrible, so enjoy the ride

[quote name='KidInTheHall']^ No looks like reg version but it could be a stock image.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply i guess ill hold off.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The constant texture pop-in was a gamebreaking issue for me. You look at a wall, wait 1 second for the textures to render...look away...wait for the textures to render...look back at the SAME wall...wait AGAIN for the textures to render.

That happens every single time you stop your characters movement and look at something...anything.

I couldn't handle that. But if it didn't bother you, you're lucky..since having it on the PS3 with 1 disc is obviously preferable to XBOX 360's 3 discs.[/QUOTE]

That issue was present even in the PC version until it was patched. It's slightly less on 360 vs. PS3 if you have the 20 GB to install it, but it's an issue with their engine.

Actually RAGE copies could be just random chance of getting anarchy edition since I ordered RAGE on black friday from amazon and got the anarchy edition.

MW3- 49.99 (was originally 39.99 when it went live, amz fixed it pretty fast)
MW2- 27.99
CoD4- 14.99
CoD:WaW- 14.99
Black Ops- 37.99

pretty weak. CoD4 and WaW were 9.99 black weekend.. was hoping for $15-$20 MW2 but no luck...guess i'll just hold off til it hits 10 bucks next yr.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHumanSpider']MW3 - 39.99? What deal am I looking at? Think you meant 49.99?[/QUOTE]

dang they already fixed it. right when it went live it showed as 39.99. it said "see price in cart" but now it says "click for product details". sux that they changed it.
will edit my previous post

[quote name='technicalstylez']dang they already fixed it. right when it went live it showed as 39.99. it said "see price in cart" but now it says "click for product details". sux that they changed it.
will edit my previous post[/QUOTE]

Aww it really does suck they changed it, that would have been an awesome price for MW3. Now I'm just stuck whether I should buy it at 49.99

nah just hold off. im sure u got a backlog of other games from the past couple weeks of deals to get thru. ur best bet is to wait for day after xmas til new yrs sales and if it doesn't go below 49.99 i'd bet it be included in some kind of b1g1 1/2 off or b2g1 free. u'll probably have xmas present money to spend as well.

[quote name='technicalstylez']nah just hold off. im sure u got a backlog of other games from the past couple weeks of deals to get thru. ur best bet is to wait for day after xmas til new yrs sales and if it doesn't go below 49.99 i'd bet it be included in some kind of b1g1 1/2 off or b2g1 free. u'll probably have xmas present money to spend as well.[/QUOTE]

LoL, you read my mind man.

[quote name='vice1611']Another day of horrible deals[/QUOTE]
What'cha talkin' about evil monkey? Yesterdays deals were pretty good. ^_^ I bought two games.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Why does it seem like Activsion tells Amazon what prices they can sell their games? Those are ridiculous for a sale.[/QUOTE]

I acually think they do need activisions permission. I could be wrong though. Either way I'm skipping this sale. The assassins creed one will have the better deals most likely

[quote name='technicalstylez']MW3- 49.99 (was originally 39.99 when it went live, amz fixed it pretty fast)
MW2- 27.99
CoD4- 14.99
CoD:WaW- 14.99
Black Ops- 37.99

pretty weak. CoD4 and WaW were 9.99 black weekend.. was hoping for $15-$20 MW2 but no luck...guess i'll just hold off til it hits 10 bucks next yr.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHumanSpider']MW3 - 39.99? What deal am I looking at? Think you meant 49.99?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']dang they already fixed it. right when it went live it showed as 39.99. it said "see price in cart" but now it says "click for product details". sux that they changed it.
will edit my previous post[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHumanSpider']Aww it really does suck they changed it, that would have been an awesome price for MW3. Now I'm just stuck whether I should buy it at 49.99[/QUOTE]

For the PC Gamers in the room:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $39.99 + $5 towards the top selling games of 2011 (starting in January).

Black Ops: $37.99 + $5 towards the top selling games of 2011 (starting in January).

Yes, they activate on Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For the PC Gamers in the room:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $39.99 + $5 towards the top selling games of 2011 (starting in January).

Black Ops: $37.99 + $5 towards the top selling games of 2011 (starting in January).

Yes, they activate on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony, you work for Amazon. Do you have any clue why the console game sale department is putting so many crappy sales this year? Do they hire someone from GameStop? The original Console game sale team is working for Bestbuy now?

Yeah unfortunately Amazon is owning us console gamers hard, I feel like we've pissed them off in some way and we don't know how to make it better, like an angry girlfriend.

Please Amazon tell me what I did wrong baby, I love you.

bread's done
Back