Amazon 3ds matched kmart with $25 off game.

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Amazon has matched kmart but I still might swing by kmart sunday morning because I have to pay tax either way. Just such a hassle trying to get anything at my local kmart so I may go amazon route.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Amazon has matched kmart but I still might swing by kmart sunday morning because I have to pay tax either way. Just such a hassle trying to get anything at my local kmart so I may go amazon route.[/QUOTE]

What state do you live in? I know most states don't actually pay sales tax on Amazon.

[quote name='w7w7w7w7w7']What state do you live in? I know most states don't actually pay sales tax on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Kentucky which sucks because I would jump on this if it was no tax because tax means extra $15 for me on the system and extra $2.40 on game. Just debating if kmart will have any out sunday morning because I would have to stop on the way to work and then be held up trying to get one. I'm sure kmart won't have them out that morning anyway and by 6 that evening probably be sold out. Really only launch game I would use the money on is pilotwings, just mostly be buying the system now because the games I want (along with everyone else) comes out later so be nice having a 3ds now and not worry about shortages (wii) come 3 or 4 months from now.

Amazon just put this up as well:

Buy a 3DS Game, Get a $10 Credit for a 2nd Game
Order a qualifying 3DS game and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of a second game from the list. The promotional credit will be applied to your Amazon.com account within 2 days after your order ships, and you will receive redemption instructions via email. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one promotional credit per game, per customer.

I wonder if this will stack with the $10 general store credit that SSFIV3D had a few days ago. Either way, Amazon is the best :)

[quote name='tossup']Amazon just put this up as well:

I wonder if this will stack with the $10 general store credit that SSFIV3D had a few days ago. Either way, Amazon is the best :)[/QUOTE]

If it stacks with SF4 I'll order that thing right now

[quote name='abhinav']If it stacks with SF4 I'll order that thing right now[/QUOTE]

yah but seems that the credits take a bit of time....credit from 3ds system takes 2 days after it ships to add....then order your game...wait another couple days after that for another credit...so might have to wait a week or so to get the full package

[quote name='tossup']Amazon just put this up as well:

I wonder if this will stack with the $10 general store credit that SSFIV3D had a few days ago. Either way, Amazon is the best :)[/QUOTE]

It looks like Amazon replaced the general store credit with the 3DS-specific one.

OK this is kind of crap, is Amazon had shown this deal (or ANY other) earlier i would have gone with them instead of Gamestop. Oh well, i'm going to cancel my preorder of Pilot Wings at Gamestop and order it online with Ridge Racer. Hopefully Ridge Racer will show Saturday with Prime or I'll have no games to play launch day...

Amazon does this often I've noticed. They'll just PM the best deal out there. They may not always be proactive giving the best deals out the gate but they'll just match whatever anybody else has. The tax thing is a big advantage for them. Amazon rules once again.

I hope it gets added to my pre-order from January. I contacted a CS rep through the chat and he said that it will apply to all pre-orders that are existing, however, I always feel uneasy when I have no proof either through e-mail or on the order status.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I hope it gets added to my pre-order from January. I contacted a CS rep through the chat and he said that it will apply to all pre-orders that are existing, however, I always feel uneasy when I have no proof either through e-mail or on the order status.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. It will apply

Hmm, couldn't one person preorder a 3DS and a 3DS game at the same time, and get both $25 and $10 credits to use on another 3DS game "after 2 days"? Or it wouldn't work?

[quote name='ShadowEX']Hmm, couldn't one person preorder a 3DS and a 3DS game at the same time, and get both $25 and $10 credits to use on another 3DS game "after 2 days"? Or it wouldn't work?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't say they can't be used with other offers, but I don't know how the promotional credit restrictions have come up in the past. I'm counting on them stacking.

Already had the black system ordered, so I just threw down an order for Ghost Recon which will probably sit on my shelf for a couple days, and then I'll have plenty of time to decide on Steel Diver/Pilotwings/SSFIV.

Also, hooray for the :3ds: tag matching the image I had already used in my spending tab.

So being that I pre-ordered the system and pre-ordered Super Street Fighter IV I'll get $35 towards my next game!? That's sweet!

Did anyone get any kind of confirmation on their order of this credit? I just pre-ordered a game off the list and nothing appeared anywhere on the invoice or where it normally would. I know Amazon is good for it, I just hate to contact customer service if I have zero evidence of this credit anywhere on my order.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did anyone get any kind of confirmation on their order of this credit? I just pre-ordered a game off the list and nothing appeared anywhere on the invoice or where it normally would. I know Amazon is good for it, I just hate to contact customer service if I have zero evidence of this credit anywhere on my order.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen any mention of promotional credits on order confirmations/invoices in the past.

Awesome, I'll take advantage of this. Maybe Samurai Warriors (already planned on picking up Ridge Racer 3D and Pilotwings on TRU Sunday).

The promotional credit must be used by June 30, 2011.

Good, going to save it and get Zelda when it becomes available for preorder and get it for $15... Amazon does it again!

Man, I wish they could apply this so that you could order the game and system and receive the credit at once. Sucks to order the system, have it come in a couple days, then place your order for a game. :(

[quote name='rpghope18']The promotional credit must be used by June 30, 2011.

Good, going to save it and get Zelda when it becomes available for preorder and get it for $15... Amazon does it again![/QUOTE]
The credits are for specific games, which may or may not end up including more than what is listed today.

[quote name='rpghope18']The promotional credit must be used by June 30, 2011.

Good, going to save it and get Zelda when it becomes available for preorder and get it for $15... Amazon does it again![/QUOTE]

I would imagine you have to get one of the games that are currently available for the promotion. As it says:

"Order a qualifying 3DS game and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of a second game from the list."

[quote name='botticus']The credits are for specific games, which may or may not end up including more than what is listed today.[/QUOTE]
True, I'm not in a big hurry to buy the launch titles games so I will see if they add a game like Dream Trigger in a week or two before buying one of them.

[quote name='botticus']I've never seen any mention of promotional credits on order confirmations/invoices in the past.[/QUOTE]

In the past six months, everytime I received a credit, it showed up on my invoice as "promotional credit 0.00". In fact, recently on the final checkout confirmation page, there has generally been a yellow box up top that says "congratulations, your order qualifies for....". The fact that I am seeing neither with this offer is just a little concerning.

Amazon is awesome. Good that people who preordered ages ago (like me!) gets the credit. Guess I'll use it for Ridge Racer or Pilotwings.

I know why they went this route. They don't want to grant credit for games that ship before the 3DS to only have customers cancel the 3DS pre-order. It's logical for them to go this way with the promo.

Just use the credit on a pre-order before June 30th 2011!

Its good that the 25 credit lasts until June 30th 2011, maybe some of the games (list of games maybe expanded) will go on sale or have extra promotions then. Sucks not to get it right away but it does add flexibility to future 3DS game and not just launch title hopefully.

Tempting as I have a 20 dollar credit which would eliminate Tax from this:)( )

Then paying 15 pretty much for one of the games sounds appealing. But idk, if Ocarina of Time was a launch title I wouldn't hesitate, just not sure anything grabs me.

Very good Amazon, very good. I may use the credit on Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog. Btw, I'm loving the :3ds: icon. Too cute!

Amazon I could kiss you right now, Sure it's going to suck to have to wait until Tuesday to get my 3DS and I'm going to have to wait until 2 Days later to order my first game, but they just saved me $23. 25 from taxes & $25 towards a game. $48.25 of saving is pretty rad for something I was expecting to have to pay full price for

I used $35 credit I had from Homefront and Dragon Age 2 to get Street Fighter for $5. I will then turn around and use the $25 3DS credit and the $10 Street Fighter credit to get Pilot Wings and Steel Diver. Three 3DS games for $50!!! Thank you Amazon!

Awesome. I wasn't planning on getting a game along with my 3DS but now that I get a freebie $25 credit towards a 3DS game I might just grab something. Not too sure on what I want though.

Alright, I've got to cancel my Gamestop preorder now. I had decided I was willing to pay tax in order to get the 3DS on Sunday. Now we are talking tax and a $35 credit!! That's something like $55 total. I just can't justify that.

Alright, good stuff. I guess I'll go on and get SSFIV for $15. Can't complain, I don't mind waiting a few more days.

I was planning to wait on buying a 3DS but Amazon is reeeally tempting me with these credits. I can preorder a 3DS and a game, and then apply the two credits to a second 3DS game and get it for like $5.

bread's done
Back