Amazon All Wii Goldbox Event Midnight Dec. 2nd

GDKN-403

CAGiversary!
Assuming Amazon know that midnight PST December 2nd is in less than 3 hours from now.... that's tonight! This looks to be the normal goldbox and not a separate one on the games page, as when I clicked on the banner on the main games page it took me to the regular lightning deals.

link

Deal of the Day: Active Life: Extreme Challenge Bundle with Mat - $34.98

(all times Pacific)
6:00 AM - Create and evolve your own hero with over 250 collectible parts and special abilities. (Spore Hero)
9:00 AM - Avoid the Dark Side - (Star Wars or Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles [unlikely])
11:00 AM - Be a hero, and take your Wii on a World Tour. - (Guitar Hero: World Tour)
1:00 PM - Don't be the smallest King. - (Little King's Story)
3:00 PM - Compete in new sports events - (Wii Sports Resort, or Deca Sports 2. Or a hundred others, but those are likely.)
[6:00 PM - Get ready to draw more than 100 unique items to conquer enemies. - (Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, you guys will be EXTREMELY lucky if LKS is $25, and the only way I can see that happening is because of their poor sales when it was sold all the other times they had it discounted.

But as ignorant as amazon is being today, it'll probably be $30.

[quote name='Penguin1084']Honestly, you guys will be EXTREMELY lucky if LKS is $25, and the only way I can see that happening is because of their poor sales when it was sold all the other times they had it discounted.

But as ignorant as amazon is being today, it'll probably be $30.[/QUOTE]
I may get it at $25, but not sure about $30. $20 and I will be clicking like mad to check out before OOS.

So far, its been pretty much a non-event.

Bit on LKS. Knew nothing about the game this morning but the fantastic gamerankings.com score (87%) and comparisons to Pikmin sold me.

I purchased it too despite renting and ending it some time ago. It's a funny, fantastic and well made game. You won't regret buying it.

Kind of want to bite on LKS since I've heard great things, but also suspect it will be 20 dollars in a few weeks... but on the other hand it might go out of print since it;s a niche title

pretty good deal for LKS imo. about the exact same price if you pick it up in the toys'r'us mario deal, if your sales tax is 10% like mine.

I've been waiting for LKS since the last lighting deal they had it at $30. Should have gotten it then with ECA instead of hoping for a BF deal. I dont see Xseed games drop until like a year after release.

Retro Game Challenge took forever, I finally got in during BB Buy 2 get 1 free glitch and a few months later it finally dropped to $20.

Yeah.. Anything from a small publisher always worries me.. Xseed, Atlus, etc. They usually have a low print run of games and either don't drop in price for a long time or eventually are out of print.

I bit on LKS as that was really the only other game I wanted recently to buy for my Wii besides NSMB. I was thinking of getting the Conduit but no need to buy a FPS for the WII when you have a PS3.

I hope there's some kind of Wii game deal madness in March because there are 5 or so games I'm looking forward to that all come out in the space after the holiday rush.

As much as I want Little King's Story, I have too many games in my backlog (Black Friday/Cyber Monday didn't help) and it's still a little high. I have confidence it will hit $20 soon enough.

Guys, you're missing out on a great game for even $25. I'm more than happy to have gotten around release, and $25 is really a great deal. You can finish the game in around 20 hours, but 100% will take at least 30-40 so there's plenty of things to do.

Next to New Super Mario Bros., it's one of my favorite games of the year if not in my top 3 Wii games.

[quote name='shouamabane']In for LKS. That just-over-free-shipping price got me.[/QUOTE]

It would have qualified at a lower price as well; the FSSS discount only looks at the original Amazon price, not the lightning deals discount.

was hoping to be able to scratch a gift of the list with Wii Sports Resort, but at the back of my mind I knew it was going to be Deca Sports 2.

[quote name='Penguin1084']cookie for me? :)[/QUOTE]NO! No, cookie for you! I'm looking for a good deal, not handing out free cookies! Sheesh... ;)

OK, fine, here, have an Oreo.

I don't get mini-game compelations, but I'm pretty sure Deca Sports 2 is going to sell out.

...and now I have LKS in my cart. Tempting me.

[quote name='nightmare452']LKS still too expensive at $26. Still waiting on the $20 or less price.[/QUOTE]

Same here. $19.99 was my price point, so I couldn't pull the trigger.

I was ready to add Wii sports resort to my cart, hoping for 35 or less. Seeing Deca pop up on the screen instead has been a big letdown.

Fairly underwhelming for me. Only tempted by LKS, which of course ended up being the only one I missed. (grrrr...traffic)

C'mon Amazon. Approx. 3 more weeks til Christmas. Enough time for PS3, Xbox, and handhelds to each get their own Gold Box Event. Please?

[quote name='3rdbass']I bit on LKS as that was really the only other game I wanted recently to buy for my Wii besides NSMB. I was thinking of getting the Conduit but no need to buy a FPS for the WII when you have a PS3.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm afraid of. I read the reviews, and bought the game for $17.99 from Amazon (dropped to $14.99 on NewEgg) hoping to get some kind of enjoyment from the game. I haven't played it yet, but I just know I'll spend 15-30 minutes with it, then go back to COD MW2. :lol:

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Same here. $19.99 was my price point, so I couldn't pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm on the same boat. Let the waiting game begin.

bread's done
Back