Amazon announces Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition - $87.96 360 / $99.96 PS3

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J7C2

Xbox 360 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Sp..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265463895&sr=1-3

$99.96

41fPP9IvmOL._AA280_.jpg

Looks like the set includes a few posters, cards, a book about Art Deco designs, and a collector box.

---

Update 1/20/10 - pre-order for PS3 and get a Big Daddy outfit for you Home avatar :lol:

ref=amb_link_37969842_3

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very impressed with how well they packaged it. Really showed that they cared about getting the best product out to the consumer.

[quote name='Ruahrc']I looked at the CE box (the actual box not the slip cover) today and noticed that the design on the front is printed on, not embossed. I saw one youtube unboxing video where the guy showed that the box design was like embossed on or something, and that it had glitter on it to make it sparkle a little. I was expecting that- anyone know what the story on this is? The unboxing video was the PAL version so maybe their box gets the glitter? In which case it's kinda crummy because between that and the full-on protective shell (not just a slipcover) it seems like the PAL version is a superior release.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

Thats funny, i just watched this video today too. If you notice, they (UK) don't have the slip cover like we have here either. So maybe the box is superior there too. I don't mind the slip cover but, mine shifted around in shipping since amazon decided to stick it on the bottom of the box, then add a ton of bubble wrap on top of that leaving the one side exposed and able to shift out of the cover causing minimal damage. Only paid 3.88 for it after my coupons, but still.

I just got an email from Amazon tonight giving me the $10 bonus credit they were offering on preordering the regular ed. I didn't think it applied to the CE, but I'm certainly not complaining. :)

I see these everywhere. By this time, the ME2 were sold out everywhere. I'll be picking this up off amazon for $50 within the next 3-5 months.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I was very impressed with how well they packaged it. Really showed that they cared about getting the best product out to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

How did Amazon pack it?

[quote name='Estebon']I see these everywhere. By this time, the ME2 were sold out everywhere. I'll be picking this up off amazon for $50 within the next 3-5 months.[/QUOTE]

Good for you.

So does anybody think this Bioshock 2 Limited Edition will hold value in a year or two? I'm thinking of getting one. Probably just to keep because it looks nice, but it wouldn't hurt to know that it'll actually hold it's value.

[quote name='prateeko']How did Amazon pack it?[/QUOTE]

Actually, mine was GS (had to use up some credit). The actual game box was surrounded by this cardboard sleeve that was fitted to the outside box so it stayed perfectly still and in the center of the box. Was very impressive, and it arrived in better condition than most store copies I'd bet.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So does anybody think this Bioshock 2 Limited Edition will hold value in a year or two? I'm thinking of getting one. Probably just to keep because it looks nice, but it wouldn't hurt to know that it'll actually hold it's value.[/QUOTE]

Personally this one I dont know what to think. I really like it myself too. I doubt it hits high value like the Bioshock 1, Mass Effect 1, and Tales of Vesperia SE.

[quote name='Estebon']I see these everywhere. By this time, the ME2 were sold out everywhere. I'll be picking this up off amazon for $50 within the next 3-5 months.[/QUOTE]

Really, because I haven't seen it anywhere except GS the day they got them in ... and I'm not even kidding. Haven't seen any at Best Buy, haven't seen any at Target either. I should probably check Fry's, as they're a better barometer but I know part of it is that I'm in the SF Bay Area and people around here eat this shit up ;)

Anyway, I'm getting mine Monday, from Walmart (blech) ... had credit that I wanted to get rid of, I just hope they packed it properly.

[quote name='kiun']etcrane, I've seen these in my local best buys and fry's around Milpitas, sadly ruined by those spider security wires.[/QUOTE]

Oh man those things are terrible. I was at Best Buy once and saw a game in the game cage with one of those on it. Why?

So far I've been into 3 targets since launch, all 3 had 2 copies of the CE which completely surprised me...maybe the average customer doesn't know what it is? Maybe since its not in the glass they don't notice it?? One thing I know is they are using those spiderwraps, so 100% of the units I've seen are all damaged a little.

so, I don't know what to think about how limited this is or if it will be valuable..I never thought I'd see it at Target..All GS's I've talked to said they sold out of their pre-order units w/ no extras to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one of these for the PS3 at my local Target today on store shelf next to one of the guitar heros or lips type games. Pretty nice bonuses. Worth it, if you are a Bioshock fan.

I'll stick with my Pandora's box though.

I just got my email from Amazon with the code for the Big Daddy Avatar for PlayStation Home. For those who pre-ordered the PS3 version, check your Inbox.

[quote name='evisto']I just got my email from Amazon with the code for the Big Daddy Avatar for PlayStation Home. For those who pre-ordered the PS3 version, check your Inbox.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Actually, mine was GS (had to use up some credit). The actual game box was surrounded by this cardboard sleeve that was fitted to the outside box so it stayed perfectly still and in the center of the box. Was very impressive, and it arrived in better condition than most store copies I'd bet.[/QUOTE]

So both amazon and GS are shipping it in custom boxes that suspend the game box and leave it in great shape?

The reason I ask is that I want to order the SE online but I'm wary of doing so because whenever I do the boxes come in looking beat up/crappy. If anyone else coudl chime in with their (Amazon, GS, wherever) experience I'd appreciate it so I can order from the place where I know it'll be fine.

[quote name='prateeko']So both amazon and GS are shipping it in custom boxes that suspend the game box and leave it in great shape?

The reason I ask is that I want to order the SE online but I'm wary of doing so because whenever I do the boxes come in looking beat up/crappy. If anyone else coudl chime in with their (Amazon, GS, wherever) experience I'd appreciate it so I can order from the place where I know it'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Amazon stuff always comes in a book sized box...with a big plastic bubble infront to keep it in place and proper condition. Basically just 2 really big air bubbles that hold game well.

never had problem with amazon.com shipping. also its free....and no sales tax

[quote name='prateeko']So both amazon and GS are shipping it in custom boxes that suspend the game box and leave it in great shape?

The reason I ask is that I want to order the SE online but I'm wary of doing so because whenever I do the boxes come in looking beat up/crappy. If anyone else coudl chime in with their (Amazon, GS, wherever) experience I'd appreciate it so I can order from the place where I know it'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Based on the one I got from Amazon it looks like the game is still sealed in its manufacturer's shipping box, which Amazon then puts in an oversized shipping box. So basically the game is being double boxed for shipping from Amazon.

My Amazon purchase only came in the oversized box, which is larger than the game box on all sides, and those air packets do nothing to hold it in place. I got a replacement but both times it arrived with some sort of damage.

[quote name='anteis24']My Amazon purchase only came in the oversized box, which is larger than the game box on all sides, and those air packets do nothing to hold it in place. I got a replacement but both times it arrived with some sort of damage.[/QUOTE]

This is how mine arrived as well, but fortunately there was no damage to the game box.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Personally this one I dont know what to think. I really like it myself too. I doubt it hits high value like the Bioshock 1, Mass Effect 1, and Tales of Vesperia SE.[/QUOTE]

Amazon still has 999+ copies of this. Bioshock 1 was sold out before release date. Seems more like Halo 3 Legendary than Bioshock 1.

Also, I didnt order the Bioshock 2 CE because I can't really do anything with the record. I love the Big Daddy statue from the first one though.

[quote name='anteis24']My Amazon purchase only came in the oversized box, which is larger than the game box on all sides, and those air packets do nothing to hold it in place. I got a replacement but both times it arrived with some sort of damage.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like they have some batches that have not been boxed up by the manufacturer but are 'bare' like you would find in a store?!

[quote name='evisto']I just got my email from Amazon with the code for the Big Daddy Avatar for PlayStation Home. For those who pre-ordered the PS3 version, check your Inbox.[/QUOTE]

Anyone not gonna use theirs?? Could I have it, dear gamers?? Please PM. We could work something out.

I can't find the PC version anywhere locally (and amazon only has it from their resellers now at $120). I have seen Target with copies of the PS3 and 360.

Maybe 2K anticipated the PC one wouldn't sell well (piracy?)

My box from amazon had the standard big box + air bubbles packing, but fortunately there was no damage anywhere.

I have seen very limited numbers of these for PS3 and 360 at Target and Best Buy - usually only a single copy. But I did see about four copies of the PC version at one Best Buy.

I've been to 4 Best Buys since release. I still see plenty of console versions and only one of the BBs had a PC version. I really feel like the PC version may be the more rare version.

[quote name='ne2eire']I can't find the PC version anywhere locally (and amazon only has it from their resellers now at $120). I have seen Target with copies of the PS3 and 360.

Maybe 2K anticipated the PC one wouldn't sell well (piracy?)

My box from amazon had the standard big box + air bubbles packing, but fortunately there was no damage anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Piracy has nothing to do with it. They simply look at market trends and every cross platform games' sales are far far greater on console compared to PC. So obviously when they put a production order in they arent going to manufacture equal amounts of each type.

[quote name='pinoy530']Amazon still has 999+ copies of this. Bioshock 1 was sold out before release date. Seems more like Halo 3 Legendary than Bioshock 1.

Also, I didnt order the Bioshock 2 CE because I can't really do anything with the record. I love the Big Daddy statue from the first one though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for adding so much to this thread.

Not sure how you can pirate a special edition of the game (particularly the art book and lithos?)... if someone was interested in buying the collector's edition it's likely they were not going to pirate the game in the first place?

[quote name='ne2eire']My box from amazon had the standard big box + air bubbles packing, but fortunately there was no damage anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself lucky. Mine came Saturday with no bubbles or packing of any kind. Just rattling around in the box. Surprisingly no damage though.

[quote name='pinoy530']Amazon still has 999+ copies of this. Bioshock 1 was sold out before release date. Seems more like Halo 3 Legendary than Bioshock 1.

Also, I didnt order the Bioshock 2 CE because I can't really do anything with the record. I love the Big Daddy statue from the first one though.[/QUOTE]

Actually thank you. I was on the fence fearing this to be another overproduced run, well, looks like it. I'll wait a bit.

I got mine from walmart, package excellently! game box it self wrapped in a tight secure cardboard enclosure and then in side shipping box, extra edges from the enclosure allowed for no movement at all. great packing job IMO.

Nice deal, but still too expensive for me. I normally don't get special editions of games, but I'm keeping my eye on this one, hopefully it drops more in the future.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I see it as $99.99 still[/QUOTE]It must have gone back up, since it was $87.96 less than an hour ago.

I'd call this dead.

I ended up ordering the Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition off of ToysRUS.com last week because I had a $60 GC from purchasing Bayonetta and Darksiders last month. It arrived yesterday and upon opening it I find to my surprise that they sent me the CE for the wrong console.

I just got off the phone with a very nice woman in TRU.com's customer service department and they are sending out a return label, which should arrive asap. Once they receive my copy, they will send out the correct copy.

I'm still pissed off about this though. I mean, I placed the order last Tuesday. It just arrived yesterday and it is the wrong damn console. Shit. Maybe I've been spoiled by doing the vast majority of my shopping from Amazon and am overreacting a bit, but I want to play the game!

bread's done
Back