Amazon buy a 3DS, get a 3DS Accessory free

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html//ref=bt_atcg_pl_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000668661&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=034F9ZH8TZ81ZRPX85FE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1291929122&pf_rd_i=409566"

Amazon has added another incentive to purchase a 3DS from them. Purchasing a 3DS will entitle you to an Amazon credit for a free accessory from the list on the page above. Like the $25 game credit, this will appear within two days of your 3DS ship date.

This isn't appearing on the item page for the 3DS, so it isn't clear you have to choose between this and the $25 game credit or you get both. I guess we'll have to find out when someone gets an email.

Damnit, I got all excited.
All I saw was "Amazon buy a 3DS, get a 3DS..."

I was hoping for it to say just "Free". :p
Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='cleaver']You love women with one breast?[/QUOTE]

I dont remember Wonder Woman running around with one titty on Saturday mornings.

I'm pretty sure these will stack. After reading the details, it seems that anyone who preorders a 3DS will receive both the free accessory code and the $25 off code in the email within 2 days of shipment. Man, Amazon really went crazy with 3DS deals today!

[quote name='super_dawn']wow ! awesome to get both. .....the puppet pet case is soo weird! LOL anything would be great for free![/QUOTE]

it's so ridiculous, it's awesome.

Man all these deals make me want to give my friend the cash and have him preorder a system separate for me so I can get all the bonuses for both that I currently intend to order. Now I'm thinking I will have to preorder one of the 3DS games so I can get $35 credit towards another one-$5 for a 2nd game is REALLY hard to pass up even if they aren't that great.

The downside is he doesn't have prime so the system will show up much later than the first. Plus who knows how many systems will actually be available on launch. I preordered the second I could so I've got to be in the first shipment. If he preorders now it might not come for a while. That might be an issue.

Wow, Amazon's on a roll. $25 credit + free accessory, and $10 credit for every second 3DS game bought? I canceled my initial pre-order and re-ordered just in case.

Wow! Another reason I'm glad I cancelled at Gamestop and ordered on Amazon today. Waiting till Wednesday is worth it for no tax + credit incentives.

Amazon sure has been sloppy and somewhat confusing with the 3DS promos. I guess they thought no one was going to do preorder bonuses.

I bet a ton of people are going to buy those not realizing you first have to buy the 3DS then wait. You should be able to order both then subtract the difference

Nobody needs extra stylii, those screen protectors are cheap ass shit, and who really needs a puppet thing?

Least we get a free bag.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Amazon sure has been sloppy and somewhat confusing with the 3DS promos. I guess they thought no one was going to do preorder bonuses.

I bet a ton of people are going to buy those not realizing you first have to buy the 3DS then wait. You should be able to order both then subtract the difference[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've already seen a lot of folks here misinterpreting how these Amazon promotions work (since it's not intuitive like a normal deal). These aren't "add all items to your cart" and then get an auto-discount at payment or a rebate right afterward.

You buy the 3DS itself, Amazon sends you credit (vouchers basically) for these promotions next Mon-Wed, and then you can redeem the $25 off your -next- game order and accessory. You'll have to remember to come back and create new orders to take advantage of the promotions.

The promotions even warn you that if you buy now, you'll be paying full price. Anyway, the promotion system is almost certainly not coded deeply enough to only let you exclusively select 1 promotion so you should be able to get both the game discount and free accessory.

However, from what I've heard from Amazon reps, it's likely you can only redeem 1 promotion per order. So if you've bought a 3DS and launch title, being elligible for both the $25 off and the "buy 1 get $10 off 1" deal, combining the 2 for $35 off 1 other game later on may not work; you'll likely have to use the 2 credits on 2 different orders.

And if you don't have Prime and aren't ordering over $25 after promotion (which would be the case if you just include the game in 1 order and the accessory in another), you may get decked with a shipping fee for each order.

I still think these are the best 3DS deals yet for those who aren't taxed but folks should understand that taking advantage of these will likely result in receiving the 3DS system early and the discounted game a few days later, which would suck for folks who have nothing else to play. Although for folks who have no patience, I suppose you can always buy a copy of the game with the system and just return the discounted copy when it arrives.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Amazon is running these deals is because the 3DS isn't meeting preorder expectations. It really looks like an awful portable to me, too. Too expensive, not enough battery life, questionable 3D. I dunno...

Good deals though on it, though, for sure.

[quote name='Ganelon']However, from what I've heard from Amazon reps, it's likely you can only redeem 1 promotion per order. So if you've bought a 3DS and launch title, being elligible for both the $25 off and the "buy 1 get $10 off 1" deal, combining the 2 for $35 off 1 other game later on may not work; you'll likely have to use the 2 credits on 2 different orders.

And if you don't have Prime and aren't ordering over $25 after promotion (which would be the case if you just include the game in 1 order and the accessory in another), you may get decked with a shipping fee for each order.[/QUOTE]

Of course amazon cs reps rarely know how promotions work.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Here's to hoping that some of those mini backpacks will still be in stock by the time my 3DS ships and the credit is applied. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I hope it works like the last time they ran an order game get voucher for free item.... I never received the voucher, so I emailed then and they just gave me a store credit for the amount of item. So I got some free blurays. :lol:

[quote name='WilliamG']I'm pretty sure the only reason Amazon is running these deals is because the 3DS isn't meeting preorder expectations. It really looks like an awful portable to me, too. Too expensive, not enough battery life, questionable 3D. I dunno...

Good deals though on it, though, for sure.[/QUOTE]

Valid points you make but, it's 3D first of all done right without the need of glasses. 2nd of all the battery life of 3-3 1/2 hours is not really that bad, I mean you're suppose to take a break every 30 mins of play anyway to let your eyes rest and the charging dock really helps a lot on that front, 3rd it is made by nintendo, a company who has never let me down on any system in the past ( and I own them all, actually, more than 1 of most) so go NINTENDO!!!

I'm torn between something useful and something ridiculous. i.e. mini-backpack or the case that's also a puppet...

These amazon deals are great. I'm on the first shipment so I'll be waiting for my vouchers next week.

[quote name='WilliamG']I'm pretty sure the only reason Amazon is running these deals is because the 3DS isn't meeting preorder expectations. It really looks like an awful portable to me, too. Too expensive, not enough battery life, questionable 3D. I dunno...[/QUOTE]

I'll probably end up turning the 3D off on most games but it's a neat feature to have. I see myself trying out the 3D on each game and deciding how I like to play them game by game.

The PSP, when you're playing from the UMD disc, doesn't exactly have a really long battery life (I think it's in the 3-6 hour range.) and I read in PSM that they've been told the NGP is going to have a battery life similar to the PSP. The NGP is most likely also going to run $300-350, or so I've heard. I'll probably consider it at that price because it, like the 3DS, looks like an interesting and innovative new handheld.

If you want something that's going to function for 12 hours without a charge then get a kindle. The handheld systems are making that leap into better graphics and unique features all of which require more power and thus battery times are lesser than before. Maybe a year later there'll be a new 3DS with a better battery life, that's fine, I'll probably upgrade. Nintendo has always given me great handhelds and the games coming out for it in the future are the deciding factor in me getting the system now. ;)

[quote name='ArQuesta']If you want something that's going to function for 12 hours without a charge then get a kindle.[/QUOTE]
Kindle battery life is a full month, so it's more like 720 hour battery life.

But yeah, the 3DS sounds like about the same as the PSP for battery life (and Atari Lynx, and TurboExpress...). A bit disappointing for a Nintendo handheld though.

My 3DS shipped just a little while ago. Although I haven't gotten an email saying a credit has been applied to my account, when I go to check out with an accessory, it shows a $9.99 certificate. The same for you guys?

Edit: Okay, I first tested with the stupid, yet funny puppet case. It showed a $9.99 credit. When I removed it from cart and added the rainbow stylus pack, it showed a $7.61 credit. So it looks like the credit works for my account, even though I haven't gotten an email.

I'm going to go ahead and order the puppet. Free stuff FTW! Amazon has me for life. :D

Edit 2: Crap. Ignore me. It used my promotional balance. I hope Amazon CS will cancel my order. :(

[quote name='utopianmachine']My 3DS shipped just a little while ago. Although I haven't gotten an email saying a credit has been applied to my account, when I go to check out with an accessory, it shows a $9.99 certificate. The same for you guys?

Edit: Okay, I first tested with the stupid, yet funny puppet case. It showed a $9.99 credit. When I removed it from cart and added the rainbow stylus pack, it showed a $7.61 credit. So it looks like the credit works for my account, even though I haven't gotten an email.

I'm going to go ahead and order the puppet. Free stuff FTW! Amazon has me for life. :D[/QUOTE]

When you get the email it has a link that takes you to the qualifying products and full credit will be applied at checkout.

Yeah, see my second edit. I didn't realize a credit from a trade-in had been applied to my account this morning. It was using that money. I was able to cancel my order, though.

[quote name='skiizim']When you get the email it has a link that takes you to the qualifying products and full credit will be applied at checkout.[/QUOTE]

So we will get a specific email that says, "Hey, click me for your free stuff?" basically?

Dang, I guess mini-backpack it is :whistle2:/ I love how they somehow manage to not include ANY accessories I was looking at :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, I guess mini-backpack it is :whistle2:/ I love how they somehow manage to not include ANY accessories I was looking at :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much a list of a bunch of refuse they've had trouble getting rid of and likely have a billion in their warehouses.

[quote name='utopianmachine']My 3DS shipped this morning, but I haven't gotten my credit emails yet. How long did it take you guys?[/QUOTE]
mine shipped out yesterday and i didn't get the emails from amazon till this morning, so give amazon till tomorrow morning i would think as well.

[quote name='TheNeck']mine shipped out yesterday and i didn't get the emails from amazon till this morning, so give amazon till tomorrow morning i would think as well.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks!

[quote name='utopianmachine']So we will get a specific email that says, "Hey, click me for your free stuff?" basically?[/QUOTE]

Not click but something you copy and paste and it takes you to the page of qualifying back ordered products!!!!

[quote name='skiizim']Not click but something you copy and paste and it takes you to the page of qualifying back ordered products!!!![/QUOTE]

Hope I get the link while the puppet is in stock. ;)

Just wanted to say that they let me order both the mini backpack and screen protectors for free(this was yesterday morning). I added them both to my cart and two separate promotions covered the total. Only got one e-mail too. Worth giving a try for those of you who haven't cashed in yet.

bread's done
Back