Amazon Civilization 3 PC 3.95

Thanks for sharing OP :D

If I wasn't working my way through SC1 right now I would totally give this game a shot.

[quote name='Getrealistic']

Sold by amazon, free prime shipping (if you have it) Can't beat 3.95 for a civ game can ya?
[/QUOTE]

Got it on Steam less than three months ago for $1.25, no tax or shipping. But thanks anyway! :)

i was planning on getting into the civ series, since i havn't played any civ games would this be a good one to start with?

Not a bad deal at all! I keep thinking I'm going to buy Civ 4 Complete though...just added it to my cart.

[quote name='jab1235']i was planning on getting into the civ series, since i havn't played any civ games would this be a good one to start with?[/QUOTE]

I would recommend Civ IV, or waiting for Civ V (which will be full price, so its your call, CAG). Civ IV is more user-friendly and accessible and nicer on the eyes than III (and the system requirements are still low).

Civ V is supposed to be even more accessible for a newbie, but we don't actually know since its not out yet.

Of course, you really can't go wrong with any of the Civ games.

(Also, lots of hardcore Civ fans will say that you need all the expansion packs to enjoy the Civ IV -- they are wrong. While the packs do add tons of depth and features, and are must-haves if you really get into the game, the vanilla game is great on its own, and it's cheap. Of course, if you find a good deal on the Complete Civ IV, go for it.)

I'd probably wait for 5 at this point instead of getting 4...except I'm suspecting 5 will have activation, and the Complete Edition or whatever of 4 supposedly doesn't (even though one of the games included with it did when it was sold separately).

Plus, oh well, that's a HECK of a lot of game in that complete collection!

[quote name='jab1235']i was planning on getting into the civ series, since i havn't played any civ games would this be a good one to start with?[/QUOTE]

No, just like jezz.torrent said start with IV or wait for V. Civ3 is the black sheep of the series.

Civ III Complete for 5$ I might just go ahead and get it...

Civilization IV is the easier one to play... So if you getting into the series I would start with that one...

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'd probably wait for 5 at this point instead of getting 4...except I'm suspecting 5 will have activation, and the Complete Edition or whatever of 4 supposedly doesn't (even though one of the games included with it did when it was sold separately).

Plus, oh well, that's a HECK of a lot of game in that complete collection![/QUOTE]

Civ V will have activation/DRM in the form of Steamworks, your call if that's an issue or not. No SecurROM or Tages or anything like that though.

[quote name='jezz.torrent']Civ V will have activation/DRM in the form of Steamworks, your call if that's an issue or not. No SecurROM or Tages or anything like that though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know :( *sigh* Well, I'm sure Civ 4 will keep me busy for ages :lol: I'll just buy it instead.

LOL I looked at this game thinking I should buy it, you know what the hell?

Then I remembered I have the complete version on Steam. Damn man, that's sad haha.

You could play vanilla Civ IV for years, especially if you use mods.

Can't wait for Civ V. Seems like they might have dumbed it down some though.

bread's done
Back