Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='giantqtipz']I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.[/QUOTE]

I looked that one up, and I'm still thinking this one is the better value. The Zavvi one will end up costing around $20 more due to the importing costs and exchange rate, and all you get is the figure & bonus in game armor.

Now, the figure is a Play Arts Kai figure, so those are very nice and do retail around $50, but that's basically all you're getting. Also, knowing Play Arts, if there isn't one out yet, you can bet the same figure(if not a very similar one) will be available to purchase at some point. I'm pretty sure the lamp will be exclusive to this set, plus you're still getting the steelbook & soundtrack.

$170 for the game & figure seem like overkill when you can probably get the figure(or a similar one) elsewhere, plus you run the higher risk of your package getting severely damaged.

Most of us already have the Zavvi LE ordered and/or the US lamp edition ordered... but damn, wanted to make sure you guys saw this Japan-only release. Not so much an LE game, but an LE console. Awesomeness:

Screen_Shot_2012-12-04_at_6.16.57_PM.png

Source (Polygon via Konami Style)

[quote name='keine']"Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"

ok[/QUOTE]

Get in touch with dv8mad, he can hook you up.

[quote name='keine']"Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"

ok[/QUOTE]
Use a package forwarding service like Tenso

Sorry to bump this, but the lamp size was revealed yesterday. It's going to be 14.17 inches long and 3.54 inches wide according to GameStop. They are also going to be carrying a 24 page artbook for you guys that are still thinking of getting this.

[quote name='blinknot4']Most of us already have the Zavvi LE ordered and/or the US lamp edition ordered... but damn, wanted to make sure you guys saw this Japan-only release. Not so much an LE game, but an LE console. Awesomeness:

Screen_Shot_2012-12-04_at_6.16.57_PM.png

Source (Polygon via Konami Style)[/QUOTE]
I recognize the word on the front to be "slice", what's the word on the back?

[quote name='atreyu25']Sorry to bump this, but the lamp size was revealed yesterday. It's going to be 14.17 inches long and 3.54 inches wide according to GameStop. They are also going to be carrying a 24 page artbook for you guys that are still thinking of getting this.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely getting it, but I have credit at BB so I might just have to get it there. Wouldn't mind the exclusive Gray Fox skin from GS but I'm sure they'll release it down the road.

Still unsure if I will get the lamp edition or not, seems pretty damn steep even for a Metal Gear collectible.

On a sidenote, didn't think the Super Slim could look good at all, but that PS3 looks sick as hell. Wish I had money to blow.

Gotta say, I'm pretty damn jealous of the stuff Japan is getting for this game, the super slim especially.

I kinda want the lamp but idk..that $150 could buy a 3DS, or a used wii with quite a few older games, or over half of a PS3.

I don't get why you guys are Jealous of those limited editions PS3's that and the ni no kuni ones are crap IMO. It's a tiny Japanese letter in the corner of the console and a blue paint job on top. I'm a hardcore MGS fan but I fail to see how that PS3 is nice or even close to being art. It's a quick cash grab to charge a premium. Those $10 dollar PS3 skins have better art then that.

I swear they could write MGS or final fantasy on any item and some of you would not only buy it but still pay stupid prices.

btw so you guys know I'm talking about the system not the collectors edition. But I still think the MGS one is too expensive for it's contents. Basing monetary value aside I like the quality of the contents of ni no kuni better not to mention almost $50 cheaper.

[quote name='giantqtipz']From zavvi.

There's a risk that your box will be ruined by the carriers.

I think a lot of CAGs who imported the zavvi exclusive MGS HD Limited Edition received theirs in bad shape (the outer box, not sure about the contents though)[/QUOTE]

I picked up one of the MGS LEs from Zavvi, and yeah it was pretty banged up when it arrived. I'm not sure if they have changed their packaging, but it wasn't boxed, just the game box in a gray plastic bag/envelope. The contents were fine, but there was nothing really fragile inside, I'd be uncomfortable trusting to ship me the statue safely.

[quote name='needler420']I don't get why you guys are Jealous of those limited editions PS3's that and the ni no kuni ones are crap IMO. It's a tiny Japanese letter in the corner of the console and a blue paint job on top. I'm a hardcore MGS fan but I fail to see how that PS3 is nice or even close to being art. It's a quick cash grab to charge a premium. Those $10 dollar PS3 skins have better art then that.

I swear they could write MGS or final fantasy on any item and some of you would not only buy it but still pay stupid prices.

btw so you guys know I'm talking about the system not the collectors edition. But I still think the MGS one is too expensive for it's contents. Basing monetary value aside I like the quality of the contents of ni no kuni better not to mention almost $50 cheaper.[/QUOTE]
If others like the design and don't mind the price tag, why are you in the position to define this as "stupid"? Extrapolating your logic, a lot of merchandise has "stupid" prices, a Hermes handbag, a bottle of Lafite, basically all women's high end cosmetics...

[quote name='TooPoor']If others like the design and don't mind the price tag, why are you in the position to define this as "stupid"? Extrapolating your logic, a lot of merchandise has "stupid" prices, a Hermes handbag, a bottle of Lafite, basically all women's high end cosmetics...[/QUOTE]

Well just as you pointed out Hermes and Lafite as stupid prices which I have no clue what those are. I figured I point out some others.

I guess these are the Hermes and Lafite of gaming.

[quote name='needler420']I don't get why you guys are Jealous of those limited editions PS3's that and the ni no kuni ones are crap IMO. It's a tiny Japanese letter in the corner of the console and a blue paint job on top. I'm a hardcore MGS fan but I fail to see how that PS3 is nice or even close to being art. It's a quick cash grab to charge a premium. Those $10 dollar PS3 skins have better art then that.

btw so you guys know I'm talking about the system not the collectors edition. But I still think the MGS one is too expensive for it's contents. Basing monetary value aside I like the quality of the contents of ni no kuni better not to mention almost $50 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Some people will go nuts over LE/CE items. If konami released limited edition MGS toilet paper, they would sell like hot cakes. :D

[quote name='TooPoor']If others like the design and don't mind the price tag, why are you in the position to define this as "stupid"? Extrapolating your logic, a lot of merchandise has "stupid" prices, a Hermes handbag, a bottle of Lafite, basically all women's high end cosmetics...[/QUOTE]

lol.... Why do all your high expensive comparisons always end up being women's merchandise? This isn't cheapasshandbags. =P

To stay on topic, I'm still undecided if I want to keep my Pre-Order, time will tell.

[quote name='Vap']I kinda want the lamp but idk..that $150 could buy a 3DS, or a used wii with quite a few older games, or over half of a PS3.[/QUOTE]

I have the same thought process here. I kind of want this LE but it could get me so much more in terms of gaming (specifically a ps3 in my instance since I've been looking to get one for a few years now lol).

I want this game and after playing the demo I am in for one most deff but $150 price for this is a little o much for my blood.

[quote name='GreyFoxx2002']Damn do i want to pre-order that LE off of Zavvi? Do they charge you when it ships or when you pre-order?[/QUOTE]

when it ships, anyone know the size of the mgs figure?

[quote name='atreyu25']Sorry to bump this, but the lamp size was revealed yesterday. It's going to be 14.17 inches long and 3.54 inches wide according to GameStop. They are also going to be carrying a 24 page artbook for you guys that are still thinking of getting this.[/QUOTE]

Is the Art Book exclusive to Gamestop? Is it a preorder bonus or a separate purchase?

Thanks.

Found the answer myself. Ugggg... Is that book worth $15 (tax)? Probably so...

Bonus!

More details
Pick up your copy of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance at Gamestop and receive the exclusive Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Artbook!
The exclusive artbook contains 24 pages of stunning illustrations from renowned artist, Yoji Shinkawa. Throughout the pages, fans will marvel at images of Raiden and his weapons from previous Metal Gear games as well as his latest adventure, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Gamestops TAX AND SHIPPING is really a tough pill to swallow. I might just have to go by one of the stores and preorder it there. For some reason I have less faith in the store actually get my preorder in.

The exclusive Game Stop skin might be worth it too. Exclusive DLC like this always sells for a LOT of money on eBay. You can easily make up the tax/shipping fees, and then some.

I remember back when FFXIII-2 was released, the Amazon exclusive Omega battle sold for upwards of $100 on eBay. It was later officially released on the PSN/XBL store for like $3 or something.

Ended up cancelling my Amazon order since the thing doesnt seem to be rare at all. Still deciding whether or not I want to go put an order in at Gamestop or not.

I REALLY want that Lamp, just not sure if I 90$ want it.

I am really hoping this thing gets clearanced out. This is exactly the type of over indulgent, and just plain stupid, type of CE that I don't like. It wastes a bunch of space, I'm sure the lamp will be lame, and it costs too much. If it wasn't for the steelbook I wouldn't even get it. lol

I think I'm going to preorder this Zavvi edition. Want the figure WAY more than the lamp. It's my first order there, so if anyone has referral code PM me in the next five minutes and I'll put it in.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Perhaps but the figures limited to 25,000. The white one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know that. Which kills my hope of being able to snag the figure later at a decent price, I think.

I'm still on the fence...I want the steelbook, soundtrack and preorder bonuses (dlc and artbook) but I'm cool on the lamp.

So, $165 (after CA tax) for the whole package now or hope for the following scenario:

1.) Buy regular edition at gamestop to get pre-order bonuses
2.) Return unopened game to gamestop and keep pre-order bonuses
3.) Wait for steelbook/soundtrack to go on Ebay for $30-40
4.) Wait for game to drop to $10-20 used (in "like new" condition) in 9-12 months.
5.) Have all the things I really want for $40-60 after tax/shipping and REALLY save $100.

[quote name='Japakneez']You should go with option 4[/QUOTE]

well, option 4 is a part of options 1-5...it's a 5-part plan to get all of the things I want out of the LE at a cheaper price.

#4 only refers to the game itself. All of the items in 1-5 are a-la-carte.

Regardless of this being "Rising" it still has "Metal Gear" in the title, so I doubt the whole LE package will ever be lower than the pre-order MSRP.

[quote name='inkcil']well, option 4 is a part of options 1-5...it's a 5-part plan to get all of the things I want out of the LE at a cheaper price.

#4 only refers to the game itself. All of the items in 1-5 are a-la-carte.

Regardless of this being "Rising" it still has "Metal Gear" in the title, so I doubt the whole LE package will ever be lower than the pre-order MSRP.[/QUOTE]

You don't see this not selling well and Amazon putting it up for $79.99 at some point?

[quote name='gla55jAw']You don't see this not selling well and Amazon putting it up for $79.99 at some point?[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say, especially for this in particular.

Most Metal Gear limited merchandise sells very well, and they usually do a decent job at making it actually limited.

However, I don't think they've ever made a limited edition that has cost $150, let alone above $100 before. The lamp is cool I guess, but for me it's just a little too ridiculous and novel.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Why not buy the LE and then sell the lamp. You probably could get $40-$50 for it. Maybe more, depending on how limited it is.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping I can grab a lamp off eBay for $40.

I pre-ordered it. I usually never spend $150 for LEs(most usually aren't that expensive anyway). Plus, I thought the demo was less than impressive. But that is one of the best steelbooks I've seen, and I think the lamp could be a cool item. Worst comes to worst, I cancel the pre-order.

I did it at Gamestop, because I want the artbook.

bread's done
Back