Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='variablesunknown']I pre-ordered after they first pulled the $10 promo (week ago), so will I be getting the $10 now?[/QUOTE]

I hope so otherwise I'm cancelling the pre order, I've taken a screen grab of the offer anyway, amazon are always pretty good though so can see them honouring it

you know there was a time that i bought like all my ps3 games off amazon and that time is long past. They just dont compete anymore. I find better prices from Newegg and Best Buy regularly and when you add in those sites throwing in free shipping a lot of time on games less than $25 and the fact that amazon is going to have to charge sales tax on items in california shortly it just means they kinda suck now for games sales/deals. Im not saying they are as bad as walmart, target or gamestop... however they aren't any better and heck I think gamestop even has better sales lately.

The $15 credit is no longer listed for the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition. Will I still get the credit if I ordered back when it was still listed? Did anyone take a screen capture of it as evidence?

Edit: Just chatted with Amazon CS. They show that I will still receive the credit.

Well, no credit yet (wouldn't expect it this early of course), but I did get a shipping notice on Borderlands 2 that says it will be here Tuesday - so I guess I did get release day shipping, so that's nice at least. I do have Prime though.

Hmmm - I just noticed the Lego Lord of the Rings $10 credit. I may have to preorder that now.

sorry, this is semi-credit related.
I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 last November, and forgot about it until I got the shipping notice. I'm assuming I'll get the $10 credit, the credit never went as high as $15 or $20?
Also, it's showing it is charging me $59.96. The price on this game never went lower than that? I've not ordered from Amazon in a long time, but it seems like games used to drop down to $55ish, plus the $10 credit. Does that not happen anymore?

[quote name='Seraphym']Any idea why? GameStop & BB offer their bonuses for the Anthology version.[/QUOTE]
Historically, Amazon has not provided bonus credit on special editions. So my educated guess is that RE6 Anthology is unlikely to get a credit.

I bit for Borderlands 2.

Between this $10 credit, and the monthly $20 gift cards I get for participating in Brainbench research surveys, I'm seeing a free copy of Black Ops 2 coming my way.

[quote name='Lucian']Historically, Amazon has not provided bonus credit on special editions. So my educated guess is that RE6 Anthology is unlikely to get a credit.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks! I guess this will be my opportunity to get a "free" unlock for BB's reward zone.

i remember last year they were doing $20 for most big titles releasing. i wonder why they have lowered it so substantially.

[quote name='preston181']I bit for Borderlands 2.

Between this $10 credit, and the monthly $20 gift cards I get for participating in Brainbench research surveys, I'm seeing a free copy of Black Ops 2 coming my way.[/QUOTE]

how are you always one of the first 250 people.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']how are you always one of the first 250 people.[/QUOTE]

I work in the Information Technology field, have all-day access to a PC with a mailbox, and we are encouraged by my company to participate in anything related to IT or managerial/problem-solving.

[quote name='io']Well, no credit yet (wouldn't expect it this early of course), but I did get a shipping notice on Borderlands 2 that says it will be here Tuesday - so I guess I did get release day shipping, so that's nice at least. I do have Prime though.[/QUOTE]

I preordered back in June and got release day shipping. I hadn't gotten my credit, so I wrote a complaint using their online form. Couple hours later I received my $10 credit. Immediately used it up along with my $15 NHL 12 credit, which shipped same day as Borderlands 2 yet had the promo credit emailed to me much more quickly, precipitating my Amazon complaint. Don't know if my complaint helped, because I didn't get the usual follow-up message from a CSR, but it doesn't hurt to ask. That's how I also got them to PM their own NHL 12 price cut.

Don't know what happened, but Amazon hasn't shipped my Borderlands 2 even though I should have gotten free release date delivery (Prime). We'll see what customer service says. Pretty annoying, though.

UPDATE: Customer service rep #1 says not all items are eligible for RDD, so you'll get this item by Friday. *sigh* What is going on with Amazon?
UPDATE #2: Okay, customer service rep #2 got it. Gave me $10 to wait until Friday.

[quote name='Lucian']Don't know what happened, but Amazon hasn't shipped my Borderlands 2 even though I should have gotten free release date delivery (Prime). We'll see what customer service says. Pretty annoying, though.

UPDATE: Customer service rep #1 says not all items are eligible for RDD, so you'll get this item by Friday. *sigh* What is going on with Amazon?
UPDATE #2: Okay, customer service rep #2 got it. Gave me $10 to wait until Friday.[/QUOTE]

i had the same issue. yesterday when i checked my order, it hadn't shipped, said 2 day shipping and my expected delivery date was friday. i chatted with a customer rep, and they said the same about not everything having release day anymore, and i didnt act mad, i just sort of mentioned that was a bummer because RDD was one of the main reasons i keep paying for prime every year. then he said he would change it to 1 day delivery this time, and i should expect it on thursday, but a moment later he said it should actually arrive on tuesday with the 1 day delivery. so right now my copy is out for delivery.

[quote name='y2jasper']i had the same issue. yesterday when i checked my order, it hadn't shipped, said 2 day shipping and my expected delivery date was friday. i chatted with a customer rep, and they said the same about not everything having release day anymore, and i didnt act mad, i just sort of mentioned that was a bummer because RDD was one of the main reasons i keep paying for prime every year. then he said he would change it to 1 day delivery this time, and i should expect it on thursday, but a moment later he said it should actually arrive on tuesday with the 1 day delivery. so right now my copy is out for delivery.[/QUOTE]

This has been an issue with Amazon as far back as 2010. I preordered Halo Reach with RDD and ended up getting it 2-3 days later. They ended up giving me credit afterwards, but man when you are waiting for a game it is a real bummer to get it late.

I got my copy today of BL2 which I had 2-day shipping on. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

FYI: Halo 4 now has a $10 "Instant Video" credit attached to it... I guess if you use their VOD service it's nice little bonus, but I'd rather a general Amazon credit.

Didn't add it to the first page because, well, because video credit is lame.

[quote name='Lucian']Don't know what happened, but Amazon hasn't shipped my Borderlands 2 even though I should have gotten free release date delivery (Prime). We'll see what customer service says. Pretty annoying, though.

UPDATE #2: Okay, customer service rep #2 got it. Gave me $10 to wait until Friday.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - don't know what happened but I got release-date delivery on it without even requesting that (as I had added it to an older order).

But I'd gladly have taken $10 to wait till Friday so you got the better deal ;). It was nice to play tonight and all, but I can't play it that much more this week anyway.

And while I got the premiere club code around noon Monday after it shipped Sunday (and arrived Tuesday evening) I still have not gotten the $10 credit. So, yeah, if I don't get it by tomorrow afternoon I'll fire off an email.

[quote name='io']Hmmm - don't know what happened but I got release-date delivery on it without even requesting that (as I had added it to an older order).

But I'd gladly have taken $10 to wait till Friday so you got the better deal ;). It was nice to play tonight and all, but I can't play it that much more this week anyway.

And while I got the premiere club code around noon Monday after it shipped Sunday (and arrived Tuesday evening) I still have not gotten the $10 credit. So, yeah, if I don't get it by tomorrow afternoon I'll fire off an email.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it a week ago and it said release day delivery clearly on the checkout screen. I had it pre-ordered using Credit Card points which for some reason had a problem processing so Amazon paused my order. I clicked the link to re-process payment method and it went through but they changed my delivery estimate to Friday. After a quick call on Sunday it was back to RDD. I'm not sure if Amazon was trying to pull a fast one or if allot of us just experienced a glitch in their system.

[quote name='kklems']Has everyone got their dlc codes? Got my $10 right away but not the dlc code[/QUOTE]
I haven't gotten either, but my order didn't ship until last night...

Damn i was going to use some leftover amazon credit on borderlands 2, and get 10 back.But it Seems like they stopped offering the 10 credit. Oh well, Black Friday is around the corner, I guess I can wait..

carefull too many credits = amazon ban

[quote name='slidecage']carefull too many credits = amazon ban[/QUOTE]
I hear ya. They legitimately goofed this time, though, so what can I do? I rarely bug them, so I should be fine.

I just realized that the $10 credit for BL2 is only listed for consoles. Am I crazy or did they not give the same to PC, at least for the first round before it came back? I'm almost positive they did extend it to PC at one point.

If Borderlands 2 was with a $20 credit I prolly would have bit on it. I'll just wait for the price to reach $40 then. Games these days shouldn't take that long to drop to that price.

[quote name='kklems']Has everyone got their dlc codes? Got my $10 right away but not the dlc code[/QUOTE]

Opposite for me. I got the DLC code Monday morning a day and a half before the game even got here. I have yet to get my $10 code.

I completed a chat with an amazon rep. she started to forward it to the marketing department and than checked and said she could see 2 emails sent to me. She resent the one email and I got my code.

Now to bug frys for the code from my loot edition for my son

OK, so I sent the following message in to Amazon last night:

Hello, Borderlands 2 (for Xbox 360) had a $10 promotional credit offer with it for preorders. I preordered long ago and the promo credit should have applied to my order since it was posted after I preordered.

I have not yet gotten the promo code in my email and it has been 5 days since the game shipped (and 3 since I got it).

Thanks,

What do I get in response today? A resend of the preorder DLC code email (which I got no problem on Monday) with the following note: "I'm sorry you didn't receive the message with the instructions for obtaining your bonus for ordering "Borderlands 2." I've included the details of the offer below:"

Are you fucking kidding me? It's like they read right past everything I wrote and just made up their own issue #-o.

So now I had to contact them again. If there is any "counter" of Amazon issues that leads to a ban, I'll be pissed if I get TWO dings for something that is completely and entirely their fault.

For those who have gotten the $10 credit emails, is it a code you redeem when purchasing something or something that applies to your account and gets used automatically on your next order? I've gotten both in the past for preorder deals. But seriously, about 75% of the preorder bonus deal codes I have to contact them about because they don't send them automatically. Something is screwed up over there. DLC codes, on the other hand, I've gotten every time.

[quote name='NamPaehc']No 10 credit for PC version of borderlands 2 or am I remembering incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right:

bread's done
Back