Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']
For those who have gotten the $10 credit emails, is it a code you redeem when purchasing something or something that applies to your account and gets used automatically on your next order? I've gotten both in the past for preorder deals. But seriously, about 75% of the preorder bonus deal codes I have to contact them about because they don't send them automatically. Something is screwed up over there. DLC codes, on the other hand, I've gotten every time.[/QUOTE]

Mine was a code I had to apply to my order. Like I wrote earlier, I got my NHL 12 promo credit way before my Borderlands 2 promo credit. I eventually got an email back from csr after already using it up. Actually both games were shipped to me together, so that makes the lag for the credit all the weirder. They had sent the in-game bonus codes at about the same time.

[quote name='macontosh2000']Is anyone else having an issue using their $10 credit for preording Borderlands?[/QUOTE]

Not me. Mine worked fine.

sorry if this is a "noob" question, i've tried to read as much of this thread as I could.

When amazon says "1 per household" am I able to get 1 for PS3 and 1 for Xbox and still get the credit for both?

I preordered NHL 13 for ps3 and xbox and i only got 1 $15 credit, however I preordered borderlands 2 for ps3 and for xbox and I got 2 $10 credits. Calling amazon was no help as the representative really had no idea what the rules were and just read what was on the item page. His opinion that i was only able to get 1, but if that's true not sure why I got 2 for borderlands.. is there anything i'm missing?

amazon credits seem very unreliable to me and would probably be more reliable to order from newegg when they have their $10-$15 off preorders

Never got the $10 code for Borderlands 2 but the second CS rep did supposedly issue me a $10 promotional certificate which would be used the next time I buy something. I haven't tried it out yet.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']sorry if this is a "noob" question, i've tried to read as much of this thread as I could.

When amazon says "1 per household" am I able to get 1 for PS3 and 1 for Xbox and still get the credit for both?

I preordered NHL 13 for ps3 and xbox and i only got 1 $15 credit, however I preordered borderlands 2 for ps3 and for xbox and I got 2 $10 credits. Calling amazon was no help as the representative really had no idea what the rules were and just read what was on the item page. His opinion that i was only able to get 1, but if that's true not sure why I got 2 for borderlands.. is there anything i'm missing?

amazon credits seem very unreliable to me and would probably be more reliable to order from newegg when they have their $10-$15 off preorders[/QUOTE]
You are legitimately only supposed to get one credit (per title, per address) no matter how many you order & on what systems. Amazon considers the games to be the same product for the purposes of their promotions, even though they have different SKU's, so you can only get one credit per game title, per account/address (per normal circumstances). I think you got lucky with the two Borderlands 2 credits, though I have seen/heard about it happening before (credits to same household for different versions of same game), so it's not unheard of. I certainly wouldn't expect that, as they will throw up that, "one credit per household," quote when you try to contact them about only getting one code for buying multiple console versions of a single game title. I hope that helps you a little, at least.

[quote name='io']Never got the $10 code for Borderlands 2 but the second CS rep did supposedly issue me a $10 promotional certificate which would be used the next time I buy something. I haven't tried it out yet.[/QUOTE]

If you go to 'buy' a free mp3, it will show you your various types of credit if you click on "redeem a gift card or promo...." You don't even have to add it to your cart or anything.

[quote name='slowdive21']If you go to 'buy' a free mp3, it will show you your various types of credit if you click on "redeem a gift card or promo...." You don't even have to add it to your cart or anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know - just haven't done that yet. I'm afraid of looking there and not seeing the credit and then having to contact them again. In fact, that is the main reason I haven't looked yet ;).

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Amazon now offering $10 credit to all version of XCOM except the download.[/QUOTE]

Too little, too late IMO.

Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy of Resident Evil 6 Anthology, I was supposed to get it today but the order info still says shipping soon, I may have to contact CS maybe they will throw $10 credit that the standard edition got (not that I'm counting on it). I'll cut them a break though since this is the first time something like this has happened, Amazon is usually really good at delivering on things time.... oh well I wasn't planing on playing RE6 until the weekend anyways

incase people were wondering I got $10 credit for resident evil 6 xbox and resident evil 6 ps3
same thing with PES 2013 xbox/ps3

I guess sometimes it works for both sometimes it doesn't

I never did get my Borderlands 2 credit but Amazon CS hooked me up. Next up for me is Lego Lord of the Rings. I would not have preordered that without the $10 credit offer so hopefully that one comes through with less hassle. That reminds me, I better screen cap that one too, just in case...

[quote name='JiveT']is there something wrong with my browser or has Amazon stopped doing any kind of credit deals?[/QUOTE]

There aren't many but Lego Lord of the Rings still has a $10 credit offer.

[quote name='JiveT']is there something wrong with my browser or has Amazon stopped doing any kind of credit deals?[/QUOTE]

Those $20 dollars GC deals were too good to stay around forever :cry:

What happened to this thread, Amazon is till offering credit deals on game purchases aren't they? Or is there a new thread somewhere that i missed?

There is a bit of a major release drought till I think either late Jan to early feb, then some big games will be coming out again, so basically ya, this thread will probably be dead till then.

In other news, amazon offerings kinda got steam rolled by some of the big B&M stores. I know last year i was almost exclusively shopping at amazon, but I think i bought most of my big fall games at best buy this year.

bread's done
Back